Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually wrote that one out and gave it to my mother this morning and then I ran like heck to find a more peaceful environment. Hahaha - I didn't expect I would be churching out here today, but I sure am glad to be here and I ain't kiddin' ya all.:) Thanks so Much!
It is good to have you here, so many new arrival that migrate here are unbelievers and atheist always trying to discredit the faith, and whenever a God fearing person like yourself show shows up here it is like a blast of fresh air.

May Giod continue to Bless you.(C:

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Correction: may GOD continue to Bless you.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
A cat-fight!?!
F'in "A" right!
Ya'll jus' Get It On!!!
~cat calls & whistles~
<quoted text>
I never told you "why" because I never thought such a thing. I ask you if there was a problem ...a "beef" (my word) because I am concerned and would never want anything to come between us. Please understand that I value your input as much as my own ...and would prefer to inquire of you rather than assume to know your thoughts. You lite me up hotpants ...I just can't get enough ...reveal yourself ...don't hold nothing back. Bring it!
lol..
ok..I think.
:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. So it's is futile for them to discuss with Christians. But they think they are accomplishing something, so I will watch them and be amused.
I agree, but sometimes the back and forthing with them does become very tiresome.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!!!
And this truly has been a BLESSING I never saw coming this morning!
Thank You :)
(c:

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell him I said so but he is quite charming when he is not being a butt!
I honestly believe that there are more and more Christians that have tired of the "hate the gay". Especially in the younger Christians.
Below is a response to a blog posting that I read the other day...one mothers response. The original posting follows hers.
If you have time read the original posting...
Original article...
http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-christian-un...
One mother's response...
http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/b...
I was touched by both.
http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/b...
Nice.

I've always thought of Christianity as a religion that teaches tolerance. I know some Christians don't exemplify that ideal, but a lot of us do.

Ephesians 4:2

With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,

===

"Love thy neighbor as you love yourself" - Jesus Christ.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think if one Christian starts name calling, we're all condemned.
But if one atheist starts name calling, only the one atheist is condemned.
.. no & no ..

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ShooooT!!! LOL Hahaha
I guess I may have forgot to mention,,, I decided to register after all.:)
That was me,... then. ;~)
Thank You
LOL... you crack me up, how'd you go with your mum?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Christi Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, the GOD condones cannibalism. What a suprise.
*reading the atheist handbook on circular arguing*

Which god?

LOL

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This writing is nothing but your illegitimate opinions.
You have no evidence that the flood of the bible did not happen. YHWH made the flood.
You can't comprehend how it happened. Of course your feeble small mind cannot comprehend how it happened Dr [do little].
Your mind and your intellect is obscenely inferior, to that of an Almighty God. Your intelligence is not that higher than a cockroach.
Your reasoning to why the flood can't happen is laughable and contemptible. Worthless dribble and blithering nonsense.
Grow up.
If a supernatural God did exist then it conceivably could do anything, including what is impossible. However the fact is that man has discovered that the earth has not experienced a Flood which covered everything on the earth, and we also know that the total water required to cover everything on the earth is many times the total water that exists or could exist in the earth's environment.

That there are places where man has found evidence of a continual civilization living there with no breaks (for the death of everything, followed by many centuries to replace everything that had died, etc) also confirms that a Flood did not destroy all life.

Not only did the Flood not occur but it would be completely inconsistent with an all-loving all-knowing entity to create everything and then destroy everything JUST BECAUSE some of the humans, which make up only a tiny part of everything, had displeased this entity.

Anyway arguing about the Flood is redundant, because man has confirmed no worldwide Flood ever occurred.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I want some green herb.
*hands Tide some basil*

Don't use it all at once!

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Tehee Candor wrote:
Hello. I like your words here and I wasn't sure earlier what ... oh nevermind, please. May I say, the NOAH story baffles me, but that's okay. We aren't all meant to know only what JESUS directs our way, if we are truly paying attention.
NOAH,,,, I'm studying to learn more about that. It is one of the most baffling to me. Thanks and peace to you and yours as well.:)
Pride is a hindrance.

People, today, have a difficult time grasping anything that doesn't satisfy the physical senses and that we can't either, duplicate, or explain. The flood account is one of these things.

How did Father flood the entire earth? I don't know. The flood account does, in fact, defy scientific logic. But, if it's one thing I know before I begin any investigation into the matter, it's this: our anointed Savior believed it happened.

Matthew 24:37-39
But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,
And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

...and so did Peter.

1Peter 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

2Peter 2:5
And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, your comment is irrelevant, because again, the only way someone would try to get married is if they're monogamous.
Again, promiscuity has nothing to do with marriage, promiscuous individuals would not get married, and therefore, it would not affect the divorce rate in the slightest.
You don't get out much, do you?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Christi Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm vegan.
You lived on the streets probably longer than I did.
I was certainly best prepared as far as self defense goes.
I don't know your reason for living outside.
My reason was because I wanted to see California from the inside out. I was 18 and 3 months from getting my leg hacked off. I needed to test my new leg so I hitched from the East coast to the West coast of the U.S. I took no money with me. I met some very nice people who did some very bad things to survive. I did my best to help. I'm not without skills :)
Oh yay. That's what we need more of in California - one legged, jobless, moneyless bums.

:p

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I will consider ourselves at an impass, because I have had this very conversation, on various threads on Topix, hundreds of times, and I am getting weary of saying the same things. Believe whatever you feel right about. That is your right as a human being. Keep that belief to yourself if those around you are not wanting to hear about it, but if they are open to hearing then by all means tell people about it.
Use your belief to demonize another human being, which has happened thousands of times on various Topix threads, and then you have crossed into my space and I will have an opinion about your behavior, and I .
You're weary, because you're trying to influenced people that mostly have had a spiritual experience with YHWH God.

You're a lowly human being, no disrespect intended. You will only get frustrated and in your own words,[weary] telling people that they have not experienced subjectively what they have experienced with an all powerful being.

Subjective experientialism is personal. You don't believe God exist, so of course you don't believe other people have experienced God.

Why beat yourself up? if you don't believe it, live your life. But what possible good you think it can do telling others that what they have experienced is not so? you will be laughed at.

I don't use my faith to demonize. But I will call sin, sin. and will not hesitate.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Christi Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it and so does Topix. This is the advertising that I get.
http://www.chinese-lady.com/join/register01.p...
Gee, that was unkind. I clicked on your link and went to the site, and saw all those lovely creatures, and thought, at 66, married, and likely to die in the next 20 years, there is no way that any of those can be part of my life, and now I am mourning. Is that really your intent?:)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's is your opinion. Your word, aint worth much.
And there is scientific evidence that 1. A soul exist. and 2. A soul exist outside of the medical dead brain for a specific period of time.
Proven scientific evidence. If you want to deny that, fine by me. Some people deny that the president is an American in the face of evidence.
More evidence that flood may have happened:
http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul-aug/06-b...
Scientists and science can accurately say there have been localized catastrophic flooding. They can't prove the flood of the bible did not happen, because they was not there.
The fossil records even show some catastrophic event happened. When scientist says it was a meteor, it can very well be a flood.
There is no scientific evidence that the flood of the bible is a myth. That's is simply what you believe.
None of those floods qualify as a "biblical deluge" flood.

From your link, concerning the Grand Canyon, for instance:

The Evidence: The rocks exposed in the canyon walls could not have settled during a single flood because they alternate many times in color, grain size, and composition. Although floods did not create the canyon [pdf], evidence suggests they helped shape it. Huge boulders are perched hundreds of feet above the river. Floods capable of stranding boulders so high would have been spectacular. The breaching of cooled lava dams that impounded the river may have launched these catastrophic floods. But these deluges occurred at least 400,000 years ago, long before people made it to the continent. The Native American tale of how the canyon formed is apparently an attempt to make sense of mysterious landforms."
http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul-aug/06-b...

Localized and regional floods covering large areas? Certainly. Evidences for those events are found in the geological record and are in excess of hundreds of thousands of years old in some instances.

Evidence for the "Biblical Deluge"? Nope. None

The language used in the OT concerning the biblical deluge leaves no room for doubt as to what was described. It described a world engulfing and encompassing, no mountain peak left uncovered, all life destroyed, event.

The biblical deluge is a myth.

Noun: myth
1. A traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.
2. A traditional story accepted as history; serves to explain the world view of a people.
WordWeb Pro 6.6

Several thousand years ago, a small tribe of ignorant near-savages wrote various collections of myths, wild tales, lies, and gibberish. Over the centuries, these stories were embroidered, garbled, mutilated, and torn into small pieces that were then repeatedly shuffled. Finally, this material was badly translated into several languages successively. The resultant text, creationists feel, is the best guide to this complex and technical subject.- Anon.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Church of Catcher is temporarily on hold.
Pastor Catcher is in atheist country.
I will return tomorrow and Happy Hour services will resume on the normal schedule.
Good. Then I can have my dolls back.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
So does this mean, you are ON your 'war path', condeming Christians, or off, or that you now believe like the Atheist do.
It means I (my own Christianity) am not going to be defined
by people such as yourself who use the Bible as a weapon and
a tool to condemn other human beings and to inflate their own
selfish egos..

Scar's post made alot of sense to me..Not to you?
You do not see what I saw in his post?
What did you read into his words?? Can I ask?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
This is perfect!
This is exactly why I have come up against so many believers
here on wsjlm, as of late.
Bigotry by proxy..
Many many believe they have the authority to condemn in the
name of Christ.
Hopefully someone who is on the "war path" to condemn their
fellow man in- God's Name- will read your words..and maybe they
will sink into their hearts..before they do too much more
damage to
humanity?
I'm not sure it can be overcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 496,361 - 496,380 of596,483
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

575 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Sheilaa 109,504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 679,764
why are most gay white and latino men bias agai... (Aug '13) 10 min cpg2707 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Dr_Zorderz 250,345
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min No Shiite 216,679
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min Toby 89,495
Gay Snapchat Names 40 min Snapchat me 1,315
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 511,919
•••