Why Should Jesus Love Me?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#516802 Apr 7, 2013
Alas wrote:
<quoted text>There is so much wrong with this post? Where do I start?
1. The 10 Commandments lack so much and contain some things that are utter nonsense. Where is the admonition against rape or owning other people? Where are the admonitions against child abuse? What does "idol worship" even mean and how is it even relevant to reality? Coveting your neighbor's goods is the cornerstone of Capitalism. Many of the Commandments are against thought crimes and utterly useless.
2. The Constitution does not contain the words, "that we are all endowed with God given inalienable rights such as the pursuit of happiness." There are no mentions of any gods in the Constitution and only two mentions of religion, the First Amendment and Article 6, paragraph 3 which maintains 'there shall be no religious test for public office". The Declaration of Independance, which you misquoted, is not the law of the land, The Constitution is. The Declaration was not ratified. Here is what is actually written therein:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
The Creator in the desist view is nothing like your personal god. Even the Christian god of 1776 resembles nothing that exists in Christianity today.
3. Your Bible was used by the Southern Baptist Convention to perpetuate slavery. It is a veritable primer on owning people.
Either you are woefully misinformed or are intentionally prevaricating. Either way, it's pathetic.
Do you know there are over 600 laws written in the bible. The 10 commandments are just the beginning.

American law follows most of the commandments, btw. Including the sabbath.

Betcha didn't know that, either.
Alas

Dallas, TX

#516803 Apr 7, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what it means?
Nope.
Alas

Dallas, TX

#516804 Apr 7, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Lupy he obviously don't know much of anything, lol.
I know that you lie behind a mask of delusion.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#516805 Apr 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Here I stand, covered in chicken feathers, splattered in goat's blood, and pelted by jingly bells that shook off the stick.
Back when I was in construction, I used to tag the porta-potties. I'd write:

Here I sit all tired and dirty.
Trying to hide until three thirty.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#516807 Apr 7, 2013
Alas wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler? Gott Mitt Uns.. Burning Darwin's books. Requiring church attendance and Christian funerals for soldiers. Being in concert with the Catholic and Lutheran churches in Germany, with few dissenters. Nope. No back turning there. Those were Jesus' footprints in the sand right next to Adolph's.
Here is an eye-opening set of links:
http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm
Oh ya sure, lets listen to the rantings of an atheist website....

HA HA HA !!!!

Hitler was a rationalist you know, a "freethinker"...

"The adult Adolf Hitler was a rationalist and a materialist, who saw Christianity as a religion fit for slaves, and a rebellion against the natural law of selection and survival of the fittest."

And he hated Christianity & Judaism.

"Raised a Catholic, Hitler had some respect for the 'great position' of that church, but became deeply hostile to its teachings."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_view...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#516808 Apr 7, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Yes, living for God was never promised to be a bed of roses
Of course it was.

It is sold as all peaches and cream. You'll be filled with peace and joy, and even be able to move mountains.

Once you're in, and you find that you don't fell that peace or joy, and can't move any mountains, that's when the fine print comes out. You must not be doing it right. It's your fault. Pray harder. Your faith must not be pure enough. You aren't right with god. What are you holding back. It's your willful pride. And you aren't being receptive to the Spirit. And yadda yadda.

But just like with the Army recruiter, you don't hear this up front. You hear about the bed of roses.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#516809 Apr 7, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, why don't you make it clear?
That's if you even have a valid point.
*sigh....*

I need another beer first. Hold on.

The point was that people get married for many other reasons than just being in love. Money, status, pressure, etc. I think there will be a lot of gays that get married because they can, not because they're truly in love.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#516810 Apr 7, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be 40 to 50 years ago. In fact I had the distinction in an university chemistry class of being told in front of my classmates that I had got the highest mark in a chemistry test of several hundred students (from several different colleges or courses). Because much of what we learned back then is not even taught today, I likely couldn't help you much now in that subject, but I could take advantage of the opportunity of spending the time with you (I guess that would not be an equal opportunity - dang this being 66 does have its drawbacks). I did read a day or two ago about some personality who is currently 82 and his latest wife is 41.
Just in case the age difference is an attraction for you, I must warn you that I am happily married, and do not intend to change that.:)
I know how clever u r, booots, I've heard your wonderful story before. It blows my mind every time u tell it to me!!!

Who said anything had to change? ;-)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#516811 Apr 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
I can sneeze again!
This calls for a celebration.
Where are the cakes and pastries? We simply must have cakes and pastries.
I see cookies. I see crackers.
Expedition!
Find the cakes and pastries!
In my culture, when u sneeze u r meant to eat something sweet. I didn't know u did weird things like that, too!! you're gettin' stranger by the minute!!
Adam

Germany

#516812 Apr 7, 2013

Fennario

#516813 Apr 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Science require proof.
Wrong. Science requires observations, from which it derives laws and theories. Proof is not involved anywhere in the process.

And this is why the scientific opinions of the faithful are disregarded. You really don't know the most fundamental things about what science is or does:

"Proof" is something that the opponents of science are always clamouring for, yet is not actually something that science suggests it will give ... science does not deal in proof"
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Proof#Scientific...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#516814 Apr 7, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a sad time for a person who likely has lived their life well, and now must seek assistance. My dad was discovered to have brain tumors and died within 6 weeks, after having lived unassisted, other than being in a loving marriage for what would have been 58 years had he lived two more months. He was golfing until the snow came, was on his roof putting up lights for Christmas in December, was noticed as acting strange at his son-in-law's funeral in January, diagnosed with incurable cancer in early Feb, and died mid March (2002). He was 3 weeks away from being 82.
My first wife's dad was not feeling well when preparing the Christmas tree to bring into their home, so said he would take a nap, and he never woke up. He was only 70. Both deaths were quick and unexpected, but a better way to go, perhaps, than a long lingering illness that one might suffer for many years.
Regarding 'Ham' no offence intended, but did he report back as to how he found "home"? My experience since coming to Topix is that believers have helped me to cement my disbelief, because they have raised issues about the faith which perhaps I had not given a lot of thought to before, but with their help I can see more clearly why I don't believe.
I had the experience years ago of being on a long term debate online where a person on my side of the debate committed suicide and one on the other side dropped dead of a heart attack - not while they were posting online though.
Not sure what you are saying as to Ham reporting back? On any note when I first started posting in topixland I might have been in agreement from the other point of view. That the people that post here and confess an unbelief make mine the stronger. In fact I know I've posted that in the past. Now not so sure. Really anyone can say anything here, it might be hard to know who is real and for others this may be some kind of game. Thats where I feel this may be a waste of time. One thing in the real world that makes my faith strong is when I meet an older person (quite a few here in Fl) that is quite vocal about having no faith. It literally is visable in the bodies of some folks and quite sad. Then take a man of faith like my former pastor. Old age will visit everyone if you live long enough but his faith in Christ made him thankful and happy and without a doubt thats the way I hope to be one day. Take care.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#516817 Apr 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Science requires observations, from which it derives laws and theories. Proof is not involved anywhere in the process.
And this is why the scientific opinions of the faithful are disregarded. You really don't know the most fundamental things about what science is or does:
"Proof" is something that the opponents of science are always clamouring for, yet is not actually something that science suggests it will give ... science does not deal in proof"
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Proof#Scientific...
But proof is evidence or argument helping to stablished a fact or truth...

Science needs proof.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#516818 Apr 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
I'm fed up of chemistry and physics tryin' to make out with chemistry. I'm done, i'm gonna break something, i swear!!! Don't get in my way!!
I am gonna make myself a strong cup of tea!! If i wait for u to make it, i'll be waiting til pigs fly!!!
Now there's an idea.

Air delivery bacon!

You know, if they were launched from orbit, they'd cook on entry.

Marvelous!

Fennario

#516819 Apr 7, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Correction: may GOD continue to Bless you.
How would I know if your god is blessing me? Would being happy and healthy count? If that's any kind of meaningful sign from above, it has to be a sign of approval - right? How do you account for that? And please don't wheel out Scary Chicken this time.

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#516820 Apr 7, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sweet girl! Is that really Trish? I wonder if it's the same Trish I have posted with in the past?
Hello, I don't recall ever posting with you before unless you had different profile and yes, I have one with my name on it. I have seen you at Main Forum and I've enjoyed reading you in that thread very much.
Pleasure to meet you and Peace :)

Location hidden

#516821 Apr 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
I don't know, I wear lots of different hats. I love hats, they r cool, i told u this before, u r very forgetful for a super computer, aren't u? U need a new hard drive thingy of something? I can have a good look at u, if u let me??:-D
I'm an open book. That's because I don't have any covers. I'm also spineless. Maybe I'm just a stack of paper. Oh dear, I hope the wind doesn't pick up.

There's something very peculiar about you.

Have we met before?

In any case, would you like some tea?

Fennario

#516822 Apr 7, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
I agree, but sometimes the back and forthing with them does become very tiresome.
You flag too easily. I recommend exercise and vitamins.

Location hidden

#516826 Apr 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
*hands Tide a chocolate chip cookie*
Be careful, HL made it...
Thank you sir, thank you.

Wait!

It's your turn! We must eat in turn so everybody has a chance to talk without being interrupted.

Common decency. Manners. What kind of tea party do you think I'm running here?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#516830 Apr 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That is a Lie, and you're a Liar.
That's is how that works.
Things change Trifecta1, and if one believes something as true, being as that is what they have been taught, then it does not mean they are lying, more so just misinformed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aerobatty 987,328
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min David S Pumpkins 286,565
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 14 min Aerobatty 31,112
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Robert F 687,316
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 1 hr may i suggest 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 4,316
Investigations of DCF in CT (Dec '08) 3 hr Always aware 91
More from around the web