|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oy!. These atheists/secular humanist unbelievers are trapped. How long it will take them to figure it out, is the gratifying amusing and interesting part. I'm observing and watching them like lab rats in a catch22 experiment.
Because they cannot use science to make their beliefs credible. And it's not credible and quite futile for them to attack Christianity or Christians based on their own reasoning and their own word.
So what will they do with their philosophy? stay tuned I guess. Very interesting iyai!lol.
What drew my attention to him beside his Godless unbelief was when he first approached me against posting scripture on a Christian based thread, which was idiotic within itself, but he accuse the believers of being incapable of normal discussion because our views on certain matters are shaped and horned by our experience in Christ Jesus, but he doesn't realize that the reverse is what is very much the truth, that he is lacking in the truth of God's wisdom and that he is unable to come up to something that is beyond the scope of his knowledge and experience, and all because his heart is darkened and stoney as it goes with all of the misfits here.

Peace Tri.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
You have no evidence that the flood of the bible did not happen.
Sure I do. Tons of it. But what do you care? You don't do evidence.
trifecta1 wrote:
YHWH made the flood.
You have no evidence that any YHWH exists. I told you that you don't do evidence. You're a faith based thinker. You don't need evidence to believe what you want to believe, and evidence cannot dissuade you from what you choose to believe.

There is nothing laudable about simply choosing to believe something for no reason other than you want to, and sticking to it.
trifecta1 wrote:
You can't comprehend how it happened.
Neither can you nor anybody else, which is a serious argument against if ever happening. It's incomprehensible because it is impossible to have happened without magic.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Your mind and your intellect is obscenely inferior, to that of an Almighty God.
Not your god.

Your god has failed at everything it endeavored to do, including the flood. Your god allegedly drowned nearly the entire earth in order to start Project Humanity over again. Hardly a surgical strike, it managed to kill nearly all of the fish, birds, and terrestrial animals, as well as all of the vegetation. That's a lot of fail by anybody's standard, but not the worst part of it.

Even thought he had the power to magically transform all of his creatures,or a worst to poof them out of existence, he chose a slow, terrifying torture. Picture every kitten and puppy trying to find higher ground until at last that became impossible. As the water lever continued to rise, their necks would be strained and their noses would be pointed up until, with their terrified little eyes bugging out of their heads, their lungs filled with the love of your god.

That's sickening, and represents a second level of fail in this matter.

Unfortunately, instead of completely sterilizing the earth, starting fresh, and creating a race of sinless creatures that knew him intuitively, your god is said to have used the same breeding stock! And guess what? The world is populated with exactly the same kind of people. Who could have seen that coming? Fail.

Worse, his exemplar of perfection was the drunk Noah. Fail.
trifecta1 wrote:
Your intelligence is not that higher than a cockroach. Your reasoning to why the flood can't happen is laughable and contemptible. Worthless dribble and blithering nonsense. Grow up.
Why don't you worship that god for both of us. I have better things to do with my life.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>

Am I a sneaky snake? No.
Yes you are.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Tehee Candor wrote:
Excuse me Adam. We are to speak to other BELIEVERS to EDIFY. Please find out what that means. It will make a difference. I can see you believe some, but it's not enough to make the real difference. Many will go to heaven, but they will go with less blessings if they choose to play know it alls that aren't willing to learn a bit more. We don't learn this over night, no matter how easy some churches make it sound.:)
wtf are you trying to say?
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello and thank you very much. The Lord has blessed me, but as I've been trying to impress upon Adam there, I got in the way. I wouldn't shut up long enough to even hear the quiet whisper of Jesus, nor did I even listen when he spoke volumes. Know what I mean? Peace to You and Yours and <3 2 because that is what makes the difference. CHARITY NEVER FAILS!!!
your babble isn´t impressive at all.You'll have to get up earlier. Maybe the next time.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

13th Door wrote:
<quoted text>A good point well put but wouldn't a chat in pm be more productive? i have nothing against you i just feel there's a better way of airing your differences rather than out in public, anyway good luck.
This is a public forum though.Why would I pm someone to keep
something private when I have zero respect for said person
anyways?
Lupy/Juicy brings her "dirty laundry" here,
for all to read..and therefore, all can also comment. One can't
expect everyone to buy into their "stories" and to grovel all
over them?? That's being unrealistic on an open forum such
as this. And something I could never bring myself to do.

I didn't think you had anything against me in the first place.
You asked a question of me, I answered, I saw no malice.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words remain brilliant, my friend.
Yup.

I'm not sure anyone rises to his level on Topix.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Don't be so crude. It's not about religion. That's the work of man. It's about Jesus - the happy, gentle guy with the lamb in the kitschy paintings.
Right. The cartoon character, the Jesus!

Cartoon characters are imperfect. They are, after all, something dreamed up by a human, or group of humans.
Divert your gaze to Jesus. There's nothing to see here on earth but religion. None of these people that we are actually experiencing is the real deal. Real Christianity is nice, like hugging a kitten.
Now we're starting to disagree. You may ask; Why?

Read the bible. Look at the OT. It isn't nice, happy, or cuddly. The parent religion of Judaism isn't much different in result than what the child religion found in the NT(the Jesus!) culminates in, and only 500-600 years removed in its barbarity or barbarous practices from its brother religion, Islam. I have no doubt Islam will be just as "peaceful" as the Christianity of today, given time to mellow and adjust.
What would Jesus say?
Choose me, love me above all others, and allow me to love you for your servitude and dedication to me, which I deserve, since I am your deity, or die. Horribly.
Their religion is a failure. The Christians that distance themselves from the word "religion" seem to understand that.
The more and more I see a cross section(pun intended) of Christianity, and the adherents, minus the denominational monikers among those claiming to be "pure Christians" - and allege they are "pure Christians" minus the dogmatic religion aspects - the more I am forced to come to the conclusion that the essence of the "religion", and by that I mean the core, is corrupt.

Or, maybe they just can't separate themselves from those dogmatic and "auto-pilot" responses and positions. The most obvious and widespread of those dogmatic "auto-pilot" responses is the bigoted, insult by proxy and death by proxy promises, gleaned or taken from the manual.

Those biblical "proxies" cover all people not Christian - Jews, atheists, homosexuals, you name THE GROUP - and there is likely a verse in the bible that in a bigoted way -(blanket condemnation)- serves to address that individual of the group, or group.

Just for a moment, consider this. Christianity has this thing it does. It's thrown around quite often and goes similar to:

"You're gonna die like you deserve to die, It's my DEITY that's gonna do you, and its really gonna be horrific. I'm just warning you. It's not ME saying this, it's my BIBLE words, and according to my BIBLE words, you are a horrendous, abominable and wretched being that my DEITY will kill for being as such. I can't help that you are disgusting, it's what my BIBLE says, see? This is just how it is, it's what my BIBLE says, the BIBLE contains the word(S) of my DEITY, and I believe those words. Bottom line, if you aren't in my group, you are ultimately a piece of sh!t no matter how good of a person you are, and worthy of death."

Do you see what the Christian does right there? I know you and others do.

Others may not.

I don't think most Christians see it as such, nor, do those see the codified(and approved by acceptance of belief) bigotry interwoven throughout the bible.

Bigotry by proxy.

"It isn't me, it's the words of my god found in the bible that says you are an abomination, I'm just telling you what you are".

I keep looking, but I haven't seen or found one Christian that doesn't eventually utilize that excuse.

"I love you, but my bible says you suck major ass and so you must. You can't help it. That's just the way it is..."
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Unfair? This is all hate speech directed against people like me:
[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1
[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8 And the result of such hate speech is predictable:
[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14
Here we have been called fools, vile, corrupt, wicked, dark, the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers, and appropriate to be tortured. Not one of us is any good.
These scriptures dismiss and ridicule unbelief, and have for centuries. For the first time ever, people like me have a chance to tell you what we think, and you cry "unfair!"
From Pat Condell:
"I’m always being told that I should respect people’s feelings. Well, okay. But what about my feelings? What about the feeling of utter revulsion I get whenever I think about the God of the desert and the horrible thoughts and deeds he inspires. This God is my Satan. When I hear his name, I smell sulfur: when I hear his words, I smell death. I can see that his filthy religion has polluted the world I have to live in far more thoroughly than any fossil fuel could ever dream of. And I can see that everything about this God has been purposely designed to poison our experience of life on Earth – not to enhance it. To keep us fearful. To suppress knowledge. To curtail freedom and creativity. And to celebrate death ... Religion deserves no respect at all because it offers no respect at all."
You don't BELIEVE in our God or our Bible, but yet you spit out scriptures as say how our GOD is talking about YOU, trying to make a point??You only believe the Bible when you WANT or to make yourself more Believable? Are you feeling guilty??

You know, that is how I became a Christian! Because I was reading the Bible one day and I said to myself--God is talking about ME here! felt guilty and REPENTED for all those SINS, that was listed in those scriptures!

Maybe there is hope for you yet.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>You attempted a comparison argument, but were you honest or just ill-informed. The promiscuity rate among gays is a known fact to be far more excessive compared to straights. The truth is, lesbians on average have 5 times as many male sex partners as straight women. Also, most gay men have more different sex partners in two months, than what most straight men have in a life time.
So, you think that most gays want marriage perverted to include same sex couplings, for monogamy sake. Did you ever consider that if you change the definition of marriage, then it might not mean monogamy to most gays.
So, do you love pedophiles, rapists and child molesters, with no judgment, no exception? No, you do not, you just lied and you did it simply to direct the lie towards homosexual behavior. There is no biblical teaching regarding not judging, if so, gays would fail that too. You know, such things like calling people fundies, homophobes and bigots, which is judging.

Excellent post sir, unbelievers often like to accuse the believers of cherry picking over the Word of God, but they are really cherry picking what sins are ok and which aren't, it's very hypocritical on their parts and such sins as they claim to abhor such as child molestation, pedophilia, bestiality and such filth is right in the same basket with homosexuality and lesbianism.

Peace.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are.
Ok Muslim. Whatever you say.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't bother with this pair.
You are right Catcher.
I just have a hard time keeping quiet when I see such
hypocrisy.

You never see those two (G_O_D and his sidekick) keeping quiet
on any subject. They can be vile and as crude as they like-
and the believers here on wsjlm love that about these two, for they are doing their "dirty work" for them.

It's shameful to watch..truly.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Communication is not always easy. You know that. You've seen, firsthand, how hardheaded and self-centered people can be. Please forgive me of not taking the time to communicate with you like I should. Even though you know what I think, you'd like to hear from me and communicate with me. I'm sorry. Right now, I am making a commitment to spend more time with you. Communication with other family members and people around me is difficult, at times, too. Help me to think of other people first; not always myself first. Help me to see their point of view, their needs, their situations so that I can interact appropriately. Love them through me. Thank you for looking past my failures and communication flaws, and loving me anyway. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
WOULD ANY CHRISTIAN LIKE TO EXPLAIN WHY LAWEST HAS THE RIGHT TO CONDEMN IAN TO HELL? DID ANYONE NOTICE LAWEST STARTED THE INSULTS?
<quoted text>
Good luck with that.
You'll find that people like Serah really only care about us stifling responses, not what provoked them. What fractionof the Christian here has ever expressed even a token interest in us, or in how we are treated by their own?
I'm sure that you remember my call to the Christians here to speak out against Dim's vile posting, and all I got was crickets until I began returning fire at Dim. Suddenly, the Christian community was outraged at the insensitivity.
.. for me, a taunt has more value than constant insults ..

.. for you, when someone continually insults, it means you have no obligation to be nice anymore ..

.. as usual, there is no right or wrong because no two people think alike ..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're not me.
Thank God.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Whoa wrote:
<quoted text>
BRILLIANT and Thank You Very Much!:)
Peace and <3
WHOA.....

PEACE to you too

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... I always listen, I just process everything slowly and analytically.
Moo too yoo too :D
:-)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Anyone claiming with absolute certainty that the flood of the bible is a myth. is a liar.
I am as certain that your flood never occurred as I am that magic doesn't occur.

And put your special pleading and hypocrisy away. Proof isn't a standard of yours. Not even evidence is. If you don't require them for your own position, and so your requirement for them from others is ridiculously tendentious.
trifecta1 wrote:
Find me scientists that claim the flood of the bible is a myth, I will find just as much or even more scientists that gives the flood legitimacy.
No you won't. Only a few percent might agree with you, most of them wouldn't be earth scientists, and almost all would be faith based thinkers. We really don't care about scientific opinions arrived at by faith.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
You want to believe the flood is a myth, because you're an unbelieving pagan. I get it. But your beliefs, are not facts. Just because you believe a rock eventually turned into your ancestors, does not make it true, its just your beliefs.
Sorry, but your beliefs are not equal to mine. From Bill Maher:

"It’s a way of saying,“Hey we all believe in some sort of faith-based malarkey, so let’s call it a push.” No. N-n-n-n-no. It’s not fair that people who can’t defend their own nonsense get to create a fake fair and balanced argument, the way they do when asserting that evolution and creationism are equally valid."

"When it comes to religion, we’re not two sides of the same coin and you don’t get to put your un-reason up on the same shelf with my reason. Your stuff has to go over there, on the shelf with Zeus, Thor and The Kraken - with the stuff that is not evidence-based, the stuff that religious people never change their mind about, no matter what happens. "

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

558 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min number four 224,168
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min RoSesz 532,733
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Just Think 720,497
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min The Awakener 172,368
Last Word + 2 34 min Richies Cool Man Diary 70
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 46 min WasteWater 19
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 93,707
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 115,080
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••