Comments
496,041 - 496,060 of 600,142 Comments Last updated 30 min ago

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#516364 Apr 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Tis not so much about being compassionate only if you so choose to be it more of being wise when someone is attempting to hurt you.
No not offended at all ya see I already called many loveable names and I answer to them all.God bless.
>>>HUGS<<< LW... did we say we were peas in a God Pod ????
~giggle~
Your neck or mine first?

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#516365 Apr 7, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, your comment is irrelevant, because again, the only way someone would try to get married is if they're monogamous.
Again, promiscuity has nothing to do with marriage, promiscuous individuals would not get married, and therefore, it would not affect the divorce rate in the slightest.
You have just made an excellent point. Yes, gay people can be promiscuous. Some do it rather freely and sometimes even with mutual consent. So do straight people. It is called "sowing you wild oats".

Now. I ask this of anyone who chooses to answer.

Why would GLBT fight so hard, for so long and go through so much pain, to gain Marriage rights and privileges. If they didn't wish to be monogamous?

When believers, of any religion, start picketing Adulterers and Liars, then and only then, I might consider thinking about their point of view. We are supposed to love one another, with no judgement and no exceptions. Hard work? Sure it is. Everything worth having is worth working hard for.

Earth

#516366 Apr 7, 2013
Just my opinion.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#516367 Apr 7, 2013
Christi Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm vegan.
You lived on the streets probably longer than I did.
I was certainly best prepared as far as self defense goes.
I don't know your reason for living outside.
My reason was because I wanted to see California from the inside out. I was 18 and 3 months from getting my leg hacked off. I needed to test my new leg so I hitched from the East coast to the West coast of the U.S. I took no money with me. I met some very nice people who did some very bad things to survive. I did my best to help. I'm not without skills :)
I glad you got to see california and do that walk from east coast to the west coast.You were very lucky to only meet the nice people.

Earth

#516368 Apr 7, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
mooooo mooooo
I do not question you sweet sister, but I do question a post or two 'to you'... Ja! You just be you LuLu... and those who can identify with your pain, can share your joy also. Just know you are not alone in all these things. Some have gone before you and others will follow. But anyone who has not got over their own, will always try and scar. Be strong, be happy... and God Bless you.
>>>hugs<<< xx
LOL... soz, didn't mean to moo at yoo. I know you didn't question me love, but you have helped me to understand. Thank you and God Bless yoo too :D

>>>HUGS<<< <

(((*()*)))

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#516369 Apr 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You can show me whatever you want, but the Flood is a known myth.
<quoted text>
.. hope you don't mind my using your post as another example of Christian kindness ..
.. why do you call Boooots a liar for expressing the scientific consensus regarding Noah's Ark ??..
.. you're the 3rd Christian poster in two days to hurl the first insult ..
.. what does that say about your religion ??..
*** Ballard told ABC News that evidence of an ancient shoreline suggests a "great flood" may have taken place around 5000 BC.

He said thousands of years ago much of the world was covered in ice.

But when it started to melt, the water began to rush toward the world's oceans, causing floods all around the world.

"The questions is, was there a mother of all floods?" Ballard told ABC News.

The ancient shoreline Ballard uncovered is proof, he said, of a catastrophic event in the Black Sea.

The carbon dating of shells found along this shoreline suggests this event happened around 5000 BC.

Some experts believe this was around the time when the great flood described in the Old Testament as swamping the Earth could have occurred.

"It probably was a bad day," Ballard said. "At some magic moment,[the water] broke through and flooded this place violently, and a lot of real estate, 150,000 square kilometres of land, went under."

The theory suggests that the story of the flood was passed down from generation to generation and eventually inspired the biblical account of Noah.

Ballard gained fame in 1985 when he used a robotic submersible equipped with remote-controlled cameras to locate the world's most famous shipwreck, the Titanic.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/2012/12... ***

There has been much written on Noah's Flood ~ we find that which we seek, HL, and where some of us seek the info on proof, others seek the info on disproof; but in reality and today, it is more about tomorrow than yesterday, IMHO

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#516370 Apr 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
I think it is unfair that IANS dismisses our Faith and ridicules us as such
Unfair? This is all hate speech directed against people like me:

[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8 And the result of such hate speech is predictable:

[3]ďDo not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?Ē- 2 Corinthians 6:14

Here we have been called fools, vile, corrupt, wicked, dark, the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers, and appropriate to be tortured. Not one of us is any good.

These scriptures dismiss and ridicule unbelief, and have for centuries. For the first time ever, people like me have a chance to tell you what we think, and you cry "unfair!"

From Pat Condell:

"Iím always being told that I should respect peopleís feelings. Well, okay. But what about my feelings? What about the feeling of utter revulsion I get whenever I think about the God of the desert and the horrible thoughts and deeds he inspires. This God is my Satan. When I hear his name, I smell sulfur: when I hear his words, I smell death. I can see that his filthy religion has polluted the world I have to live in far more thoroughly than any fossil fuel could ever dream of. And I can see that everything about this God has been purposely designed to poison our experience of life on Earth Ė not to enhance it. To keep us fearful. To suppress knowledge. To curtail freedom and creativity. And to celebrate death ... Religion deserves no respect at all because it offers no respect at all."
Christi Ann

UK

#516371 Apr 7, 2013
Adam wrote:
Whatīs the matter with you lesbians?
Who brought you evil spirits here?

Fennario

#516372 Apr 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
perhaps it is his way of demanding that he is right, and we are too stupid to comprehend it, that has a way of upsetting people.
Really? I refer you to scripture [1] above again. If that isn't demanding that YOU are right and that I am a stupid fool, what is? My posting is my way of demanding that you are NOT right.

You have zero case here. Your bible has undermined you. There is nothing that you have accused me of that your bible hasn't been doing to unbelievers for centuries.

And your church didn't merely ridicule us. It burned us alive when it could, and impaled, stretched and twisted us until the screaming stopped from death. And your church has tried to us as much harm as the law allows ever since.

More from Condell:

"Well, Iíve been hearing quite a lot of bitching and whining in the press lately about aggressive, intolerant, atheism; as if thatís, somehow, a bad thing. It seems religion can dish it out okay but it canít take it: like a street thug who calls the police when his victims fight back ... So Iíd say any abuse religion gets, itís got coming ten times over.
Serah wrote:
there is no way one can debate this topic unless one has some understanding of the after life.
Yet you do nevertheless.

I realize that this is unpleasant for you, but I can't care about that. Your church is unpleasant to me. You chose the wrong side.

And just look at how unfair you are. You want respect for that church? Sorry, but I have nothing for it but ridicule and contempt until it disappears from view, which is all that it deserves.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#516373 Apr 7, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>HUGS<<< LW... did we say we were peas in a God Pod ????
~giggle~
Your neck or mine first?
Thanks again Pw.Tis best be my neck first.lol.

Earth

#516374 Apr 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>That is between each person and JESUS Adam ~ I cannot believe that GOD would turn his back on HIS children for loving one of the same sex. There are indeed people who are not homosexual but their actions are deplorable; and once again, Adam, it is not up to us to judge, it is in GOD's hands, as it should be. Why don't you let the subject drop, it is one of contention and one that will draw you apart from people because of the way you write about the subject, as such.
We understand you only know what you have been taught ~ but maybe you could try learning that which is outside of the norm and see the people for the people they are!
Gold, sweetie. What most people fail to comprehend or are unaware of it is that our genetic code has been corrupted. A long time ago. If you watch with an open mind and do your research, anyone can come to understand that we still have to love everyone no matter what, even if people start breeding with animals and eating (literally like cannibalism) each other, again. This has a variety of evidence that can be researched further;

ps. there are further links for non Believers.

Fennario

#516375 Apr 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>These are the postings that I would not bother to reply to normally, just pointing out to HL that this is what I was talking about in my previous posting.
Your double standard for what is acceptable for your church to say about unbelievers, and what is acceptable for the unbeliever to do in self-defense, are disgusting.

Do you have any idea how much damage your church has done to unbelievers? It has made us the most despised subset of people in America.

Do you care at all?

Why do you expect people like me to care about your feelings in this matter? You side with the people that have done this to us.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#516376 Apr 7, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Poor kid. You met your man online? Well, that's hopeful then. Did the two of you also happen to live on opposite sides of the planet? My personal life Irony meter has now become beyond repair.
No, we live about 30 minutes away from each other. We met in person for the first time at the college he was doing his last semester at and where I was going to go the next semester.

Montreal

#516377 Apr 7, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>Almost forgot! Seems that boy may have had Social Disparate Disorder. Depending how long ago this occurred, they may not have yet known Diagnosis and or treatment. It is a Psychological disorder but neurological as well. For him to have followed you around for that long would suggest that he near worshipped you and wanted to be you. I hope he eventually got treatment and didn't go the opposite way like so many do. <3
That was maybe 5 or 6 years ago, so it was pretty recent.

Montreal

#516378 Apr 7, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>You have just made an excellent point. Yes, gay people can be promiscuous. Some do it rather freely and sometimes even with mutual consent. So do straight people. It is called "sowing you wild oats".

Now. I ask this of anyone who chooses to answer.

Why would GLBT fight so hard, for so long and go through so much pain, to gain Marriage rights and privileges. If they didn't wish to be monogamous?

When believers, of any religion, start picketing Adulterers and Liars, then and only then, I might consider thinking about their point of view. We are supposed to love one another, with no judgement and no exceptions. Hard work? Sure it is. Everything worth having is worth working hard for.
Right there, that was a great point too!

Since: Sep 10

Hong Kong

#516379 Apr 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't :(
Catcher is borrowing my blow up dolls.
Something about needing a larger congregation...
The Holy Church of Catcher is temporarily on hold.

Pastor Catcher is in atheist country.

I will return tomorrow and Happy Hour services will resume on the normal schedule.
Christi Ann

UK

#516380 Apr 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I glad you got to see california and do that walk from east coast to the west coast.You were very lucky to only meet the nice people.
Everybody who stands in front of me is nice, eventually. Put your hands out if front of you. Place your thunbs together. Tilt your index fingers together and raise your thumbs. Does it make an upside down heart?

We call that the finger dance.

I would have made your knees bend backwards

Since: Sep 10

Hong Kong

#516381 Apr 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how they are label they are still people.
Believe it or not they also belong to God.
Your first statement is admirable.

Your second one won't sell well in China.
Christi Ann

UK

#516383 Apr 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Church of Catcher is temporarily on hold.
Pastor Catcher is in atheist country.
I will return tomorrow and Happy Hour services will resume on the normal schedule.
Again, the vast majority of Chinese people are not atheist. That's not my fault.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#516384 Apr 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again Pw.Tis best be my neck first.lol.
big stick

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 min Naveen kumar 5,353
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 733,697
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Patrick 226,503
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Freebird USA 173,299
do right by your woman 12 min pusherman_ 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 54 min yon 2,514
00971527721611 body to body massage full body m... 1 hr COCO 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr JUDEletePete 118,091
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr hojo 539,402
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 19 hr Tiffany 107
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search