Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#516421 Apr 7, 2013
Serah wrote:
Is that how you think JESUS would behave?
Why would that matter to an unbeliever? I am interested in how real Christians behave.

When I point out what a failure Christianity is as a system of ethics, for example, a Christian inevitably points to the Jesus myth as if the characteristics they impute to that character reflect in any way on the religion itself, or on the characteristics of the people it generates. It doesn't. It's just a pretty fiction offered as a diversion.

Then we get the Christians distancing themselves from the religion, and their claims that it's all about Lord Jesus, not the religion.

Not to me. It's all about the religion, the church, the real people in the world that it has disesteeming gays, atheists, reason, evidence, and science, and how that harms America in particular.
Christi Ann

UK

#516422 Apr 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Words are good.
A good way to learn them is in clusters of related words, such as these adjectives. The first few are commonly known.
[1] maternal – motherly
[2] paternal – fatherly
[3] sororital – sisterly
[4] fraternal – brotherly
[5] filial – of an offspring
[6] avuncular – uncle-like
[7] materteral . aunt-like
[8] aval - grandparently
[9] novercal – stepmotherly
[10] nepotal - nephew-like
[11] uxorial – wifelike
How about these?
[1] vernal - related to spring
[2] estival - related to summer
[3] autumnal - related to autumn
[4] hibernal/hiemal - related to winter
[1] boreal - northern
[2] oriental - eastern
[3] austral - southern
[4] occidental - western
How about this one

[1] Wastrel
[2] Waif
[3] Ragamuffin (I love that one)

I'll take Ways to Dismiss Homeless Children, Alex for hunerds.

Fennario

#516423 Apr 7, 2013
Adam wrote:
Jesus said do not think I came to bring peace but a sword. This is war. You ppl want war you will have your war. It´s time for ethnic cleansing too much fake christians and homosexuals and aliens out there.
This is religion, not this:
http://www.artoflegendindia.com/images/detail... [image]

The latter is a drug.

Fennario

#516424 Apr 7, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
"Why are we here??"
Technically, we're not here. I'm here.

You're there.

Does that clarify things any?

Fennario

#516425 Apr 7, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
IS NOT BIBLE RIGHT?
No, Natasha. Bible not right.

Now go get moose and squirrel!
Whoa

San Jose, CA

#516426 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh My!!!
You are one BAD Bear! I loved them words up there though.:)

Fennario

#516427 Apr 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Just because you have never experienced God, to you, God does not exist. That is your problem.
Neither have you, but you think you have. You think Jehovah-Jesus exists. That's your problem.
trifecta1 wrote:
I have personally with subjective evidence have experienced God. I know, God exist.
I know that you're wrong.
trifecta1 wrote:
It's not my job to prove to you, God exist.
Yes it is. You're supposed to try. You're supposed to be peddling Jesus. It's called the Great Commission.
trifecta1 wrote:
It's God's job to prove to you, that He exist.
About that: your god is AWOL.

How shrewd is that really for a god that allegedly loves, and wants us to know and love him? If he existed, he could simply appear without even moving. But he can't be bothered. He's furious enough at times to unleash earthquakes and tsunamis, but he can't just show his face. Too much effort.
trifecta1 wrote:
Your word means nothing here writer.
Yeah, you already explained that: God said it, you believe it, and that settles it. Your mind is closed for business.
trifecta1 wrote:
What accounts in the bible never happened?? you keep repeating that like just because you write it makes it so.
What do you care? Your mind is made.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#516428 Apr 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#516429 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
You're a LIAR for the devil.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#516430 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
This is religion, not this:
http://www.artoflegendindia.com/images/detail... [image]
The latter is a drug.
You tell yourself that after you die and go to hell.
Christi Ann

UK

#516431 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I may be the only teenager who gets that.

Fennario

#516432 Apr 7, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. why do you call Boooots a liar for expressing the scientific consensus regarding Noah's Ark ??..
.. you're the 3rd Christian poster in two days to hurl the first insult ..
.. what does that say about your religion ??..
Don't be so crude. It's not about religion. That's the work of man. It's about Jesus - the happy, gentle guy with the lamb in the kitschy paintings.

Divert your gaze to Jesus. There's nothing to see here on earth but religion. None of these people that we are actually experiencing is the real deal. Real Christianity is nice, like hugging a kitten. What would Jesus say?

Their religion is a failure. The Christians that distance themselves from the word "religion" seem to understand that.
Whoa

San Jose, CA

#516433 Apr 7, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Ooops - That linked us to True and False?
Here is the song

When I saw this one earlier I almost thought it was song
I just linked us to, but find it very appropriate for this topic and thanks again.
LupyLu wrote:

Peace and <3 Sister :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#516434 Apr 7, 2013
Zeitgeist. Fact or Cover Up?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#516435 Apr 7, 2013
Whoa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops - That linked us to True and False?
Here is the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =f0G8XJNz4bYXX
When I saw this one earlier I almost thought it was song
I just linked us to, but find it very appropriate for this topic and thanks again.
<quoted text>
Peace and <3 Sister :)
LOL.... oops... Peace to you sister <3
Whoa

San Jose, CA

#516436 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't be so crude. It's not about religion. That's the work of man. It's about Jesus - the happy, gentle guy with the lamb in the kitschy paintings.
Divert your gaze to Jesus. There's nothing to see here on earth but religion. None of these people that we are actually experiencing is the real deal. Real Christianity is nice, like hugging a kitten. What would Jesus say?
Their religion is a failure. The Christians that distance themselves from the word "religion" seem to understand that.
Oooooh, that first part was funny. I've not read you enough to know what you are up to however.

We shouldn't say none, never and or always. Generalizing is too easy and inaccurate at times. I agree much of IT is religion (manmade), but there are some True Believers that know what Jesus would do and how He would do it. Whether or not we are capable is a whole other matter entirely.

Well Jesus wasn't feeling huggable the day he tipped over those tables and snapped that whip at those fools making that temple "a den of thieves". He NEVER promised us a rose garden either.

In Revelation it is pointed out what good each church (religion) did and also what they failed in. They failed in paying as much attention to the "WORD" as they wanted to make their own religions and traditions. Only one church appeared to have more on the true and narrow path.

PEACE :)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#516437 Apr 7, 2013
S
O
N
D
A
Y

Morning

“If you’re sad, then cry. After you cry, you still have to live life”

~ Moon, a character in Jet Li’s Fearless

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#516438 Apr 7, 2013
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Communication is not always easy. You know that. You've seen, firsthand, how hardheaded and self-centered people can be. Please forgive me of not taking the time to communicate with you like I should. Even though you know what I think, you'd like to hear from me and communicate with me. I'm sorry. Right now, I am making a commitment to spend more time with you. Communication with other family members and people around me is difficult, at times, too. Help me to think of other people first; not always myself first. Help me to see their point of view, their needs, their situations so that I can interact appropriately. Love them through me. Thank you for looking past my failures and communication flaws, and loving me anyway. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Prime time with God
Adam

Germany

#516439 Apr 7, 2013
This thread has been hijaked by lesbians. Sad but true

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#516440 Apr 7, 2013
Encouraging Words....

So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law.

Galatians 5:1

K-Love

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min nanoanomaly 980,104
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 100,145
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 3 hr idk 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr RCC Biblical Beas... 670,271
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web