“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#515974 Apr 6, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
That is certainly twisting a myth ot make it fit your prejudices.
As you've been told before, the Bible is very clear on this subject, no myth involved.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#515975 Apr 6, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.... you knew hey?
was that YOU Lupy?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#515976 Apr 6, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but are you not aware that quoting from the Bible is begging the question? If God doesn't exist, which means that the words in the Bible are not true, then Bible quotes mean nothing in regards to our discussion. We have no proof that God exists, and we don't even have a whole lot of knowledge about the sources of the books that make up the Bible, which is a composite of many books that a group of men got together and decided to put together into what later became called the Bible.
To quote the Bible to a non-beleiver is basically saying you are too lazy or possibly too un-educated to provide your own thoughts on the topic.
We have been through this what seems like a hundred times already, I happen to know thaqt the Word is from the greatest source of wisdom that there is, and what is too "lazy and un-educated" is your inability to realize that people discuss from their own personal experiences in life, and that includes a believers experience in Christ and the workings of his power in their lives, and if you cannot comprehend that.......then it speaks to great IGNORANCE on your part as well.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#515977 Apr 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Tide...he called repentance and seeking forgivess "asking the sky for forgiveness". It was mocking a belief system.
Yeah, I do that a lot,and will a lot more.

That's when many of you Christians go ballistic, and attack me personally.
Skombolis wrote:
The tone of his post was clear.
Not to you, Dimwit. You are unable to understand what you read. You've demonstrated that repeatedly, most recently by changing my claim that I am trusted with lives - that's what a medical license means - into a claim that people are currently putting their lives in my hands, something I have never said. And you do something like that about once a week. That's makes you the thread dimwit,
Dim.
Skombolis wrote:
He went on to say Christians dont need to care about those they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness.
You are living testimony to the truth of that.
Skombolis wrote:
The implication was clear.
Once again, not to you, Dimwit. You said that I maligned all Christians with that comment, when what I did was criticize a doctrine.

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#515978 Apr 6, 2013
http://www.footprints-inthe-sand.com/index.ph... "Foot Prints in the Sand."ENJOY~~~

Fennario

#515979 Apr 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
has regularly shown he believes most Christians have poor ethics.
The closer you are to emulating the Old Testament god, who is still considered the exemplar of perfect, or Christian leadership like the pope or Robertson, the more unethical you are.

If you choose a philosophy of love, and learn what love is from a better source than the bible, which defines the highest form of love in terms of torture, you can be better than Christianity.

Almost all of my criticisms are about Christianity and the church, not Christians as Christians. The worst things that I have said about all Christians refer to faith and faith-based thinking, which is irrational and foolish. After that, it's on a case by case basis, Dimwit.

If one is a moral coward such as you, one can opt to forgive himself. That is a criticism of a doctrine that does not apply to all Christians.

If you let the church distract you from this world, this life, and the dignity of being human, you cannot experience the feeling of connectedness that defines spirituality. That is a criticism of a doctrine that does not apply to all Christians. Some Christians seem much more spiritual to me than others.

If you let the bible and church define perfect love to you using the example of the god, you cannot know what perfect love is. That is a criticism of a doctrine that does not apply to all Christians. Some seem to know what love is.

If you let the bible teach you the natural history of the universe from Genesis, you are intellectually deficient. That is a criticism of a doctrine that does not apply to all Christians. Some reject creationism.

And on it goes, ya Dimwit.

Fennario

#515980 Apr 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
The only reason to make that statement while mocking forgiveness is to imply that is what takes place.
Yes, Dimwit, it does. It did with you. Not in every case.

How foolish are you willing to appear? Why can't you understand these simple concepts? How can this be bigotry against all Christians when it is criticism of a doctrine that applies only to the lowest lying fruit like you that choose to slither on their bellies. Other Christians on this thread have repeatedly outperformed you, and I have acknowledged that.

But you would try to deflect my condemnation of you and people who choose to be like you as bigotry against Christianity. I won't let you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#515981 Apr 6, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>was that YOU Lupy?
Yes....(hangs head in shame)

I See A Rainbow!

#515982 Apr 6, 2013
~FOOT PRINTS~
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#515983 Apr 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that homosexuality is wrong according to the bible. I KNOW!!! But what i'm pissed at is that Redneck keeps saying that talking sexual nonsense and sex outside of marriage is not wrong according to Jesus. He thinks Jesus looked at girls with big boobs and made cheap sexy comments at them. What i don't understand is that how r u guys picking and choosing the parts of your religion to follow?
I personally do not pick and chose any part of a "Religion" I believe in all of the Word of God, I can't speak for RR or anyone else but I do know that the Bible tells those that believe to set our affections on things above and to keep our conversations in heavenly places.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#515984 Apr 6, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Scott.. Really Nice to see you brother.. I am actually sorry I left here in October 2011... BUT I had to learn... BUT I am actually back where I belong.. lately ,,Times are tough emotionally..I am getting Dragged down.. But I guess Nothing can stay the same.. Except--> the Unconditional Love Jesus has for us all.. HE Even Loves the wayward wanderers.... Remember the "FootPrints" poem?? Jesus is carrying ME as we speak... It certainly helps my Spirits,,, Being here,,, In the Golden Room.. Glad we Connect Again...I wont leave you this time..I have learned my lesson..
Very good always to see you as well Dawn, Just keep God first and foremost, and He'll see you through.

And it is so wonderful to have you back with us again. Blessings.

I See A Rainbow!

#515985 Apr 6, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes....(hangs head in shame)
Hi Lupy.. I am sorry.. I didnt see you being a "Sock."..but Sister Kay calls them "Little People" Not socks.. I get a Smile out of Sister Kay words..They are very Comforting and upbeat.....I love her..[yes I know her real name in FB..BUT I wont say any real names here..]

I See A Rainbow!

#515986 Apr 6, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Very good always to see you as well Dawn, Just keep God first and foremost, and He'll see you through.
And it is so wonderful to have you back with us again. Blessings.
OH!! I just said i dont say any real names here..You are scott,, and YES,, I am Dawn... I enjoy your company.. and I am Thrilled to be back with my friends here..Did you know where I was posting for a year,after I left here?? I earned all the badges..You can see them..Over ther it was all about Playing the Game.. may the best person WIN.. Over here.. We carry on about OUR Love for Jesus..By the way.. I missed you,brother..

Fennario

#515987 Apr 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Tide.
A palindrome?

Dammit, I'm mad!

No, sir, away! A papaya war is on!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#515988 Apr 6, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Lupy.. I am sorry.. I didnt see you being a "Sock."..but Sister Kay calls them "Little People" Not socks.. I get a Smile out of Sister Kay words..They are very Comforting and upbeat.....I love her..[yes I know her real name in FB..BUT I wont say any real names here..]
Lol

Fennario

#515989 Apr 6, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
11) If the implication was clear, state what you think it was, then ask IANS if that's what he meant.
I've already told Dim that he was wrong.
Tide with Beach wrote:
14) How did he say that he has a low opinion of most Christians? What words did he use? I have learned not to trust your memory or your methods of portraying others.
I had said that faith-based thought was mindless. I believe that that is the only derogatory statement I made that applies to all Christians. But I don't have a low opinion of anybody for that reason alone. As you might have noticed, there are faith-based thinkers on Topix that I am quite respectful to, just as you are.

The Dimwit is trying to persuade his peers that I am their enemy when it is the church that is my enemy. It and Dim are my only targets. It serves Dim to divert that from himself and his ideology to all Christians.
Tide with Beach wrote:
15) My opinion is that IANS was addressing Christianity, what Christians are able to do [forgive themselves], and what many of them actually do. I see nothing wrong with that.
Correct, and I have said so many times. But that doesn't help Dim, who feeds at that trough. What serves Dim is to tell the other Christians that I just insulted them, too - that I am a bigot that hates and insults all Christians.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#515990 Apr 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I seriously do not share much of my personal self with others.
And you already know I am a believer clue was with all the scripture writings.
Many years ago when son was a teenager.Had a close friend the two of them buddy around all the time it is just the the kids do.They were alway hanging out at my house into something.
It was about mid morning one day they came riding up in the front of the house with two lil gals in the back seat of this car.
They left the gals in this car and had put a jack under the car to tie up the piping under the car.The one young man crawled under this car to do the adjustment.However this car came down off the jack on top of him.
Now keep in mind I'm in the house doin dishes and all of sudden my son come in hollowing top of his lungs.Mom,derck is been smashed under the car.I flew outside like I was on fire.I told the girls do not move as they wanted to get out of the car especially with it falling down they were upset.In the excitement My son reached down and grabbed the back bumper and picked up the whole back end of this car.Here is the words that came off my lips as I reached under that car for derck-Oh dear God please not this one today save him for me.I pulled him out from under the car and son set the car back down.Derck did not remember what happened momery loss.
Even ask me why I was pulling him by his feet.I explained the car had fallen on him.I took him to the hospital for exam and exrays and doctors could not find one scratch,bruise,no broken bones nothing.Now by humans thinking this car should has smashed and killed him but in this case did not happen.Some humans would say is was a freak accident.I know who it was God himself right there when the knock at the door off my lips came thoses words to him.
Now some of you will say made up story.No it really happened.Some will say she crazy as a monkey.So be it.Way too many times have I witnessed God's powers.Way too many times have I seen mountains moved.So folks think what you may but I know the almighty power of God first hand.Thanks for reading this only wanted to share is all.
I believe you. I too have had similar experiences. Still do:)

I See A Rainbow!

#515991 Apr 6, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Alls I can say.. I know where I met you.. and I couldnt actually be myself there.. BUT I did Enjoy everything about that place... I even wore that Gold crown!! and met many new friends..BUT never forgot the company I keep here in the Golden Room.. BUT over here in WSJLM..I can also keep everything in Perspective... Its the right thing to do..Glad I make you Smile..
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#515992 Apr 6, 2013
Vevany wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you deficient?
Do you see yourself among those I ve listed?

Fennario

#515993 Apr 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Tide.... I dont need to ask a guy who blurted out an obvious bigoted statement what he means. However I did ask him repeatedly and he refused to answer for a week
Filthy, lying, trash.

Give me the link to whatever question you are referring to, and I will give you the link addressing your comment dated less than a week later, which will confirm that you are the lying trash that I say you are.

I have made a note to myself to revisit this post should you fail to even try.

By the way, did you like that better? I left out Christian this time and called you filthy, lying, trash instead of filthy, lying, Christian trash. The reason I chose not to call you filthy, lying, Christian trash - just lying trash - is that people are complaining that I am unfairly maligning Christianity by reminding people that more than just being filthy, lying, trash, you are also filthy, lying, Christian trash.

So come on Jesus boy - put up the link. I won't be leaving this issue until you do, or fail to do so several times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how do I get a girl to like me 17 min Uncle Bob 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min karl44 584,501
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Christian with Jesus 828,868
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 40 min dollarsbill 3,624
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 45 min tarale 1,361
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 47 min sangili karuppan 6,309
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min WasteWater 270,683
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr karl44 442,889
More from around the web