Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#515485 Apr 5, 2013
Edit Tide...and whether my intent for that statement was bigotted is irrelevant as you said its only bigotted if the reader projects and perceives it to be. And if u feel u need to know the intent of a statement mocking gays and saying they dont have to care if they give each other aids then that shows me the length gone to in order to defend a similar tone post. But as to an actual discussion, sure. Do I think the Bible promotes superior morality of its followers? no. In fact isnt it often said we think too poorly of ourselves because of the Bible? Where in it do u think it does this?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#515486 Apr 5, 2013
Did you concede to all the numbered points I made? I numbered them to make it easier for you. When you respond to each point you can use the same number, that way you can be sure you covered everything.
Skombolis wrote:
Tide...he called repentance and seeking forgivess "asking the sky for forgiveness". It was mocking a belief system.
10) So? You think he shouldn't?
Skombolis wrote:
The tone of his post was clear. He went on to say Christians dont need to care about those they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness. The implication was clear.
11) If the implication was clear, state what you think it was, then ask IANS if that's what he meant.
Skombolis wrote:
You are trying to lawyer common sense.
12) I don't even know what you mean by that.
Skombolis wrote:
It shows no regard for the truth.
13) I have no idea what you are "implying" or even what you are talking about.
Skombolis wrote:
He went on to say he has a low opinion of most Christians and also stated people with poor ethics wouldnt feel bad and has regularly shown he believes most Christians have poor ethics.
14) How did he say that he has a low opinion of most Christians? What words did he use? I have learned not to trust your memory or your methods of portraying others.
Skombolis wrote:
His attitude towards Christians clarifies a statement even further that required no further clarification. Semantics and technicalities might help in a courtroom setting where one tries to use the system to avoid punishment, it doesnt make someone any less guilty. The only reason to make that statement while mocking forgiveness is to imply that is what takes place. whether u feel my example was comparable doesnt matter as u still claimed my example wasnt bigoted
15) My opinion is that IANS was addressing Christianity, what Christians are able to do, and what many of them actually do. I see nothing wrong with that.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#515487 Apr 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
By your own criteria, yes. You stole their trademark.
No. He did not.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#515488 Apr 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
The bible is codified bigotry. I'm not sure that's understood by the majority of adherents. I'm not sure it ever will be, at least not by evangelicals and fundamentalists.
Just a belief, based upon a religious book, shapes their societal perceptions. They defeat themselves over time.
Yet, trifecta saw that link as being less than favorable towards atheists.
When it was anything but that.
It spelled out the formula by which religion sees itself decline in the U.S, rapidly.
But, trifecta saw that link as being "good stats" -against - atheists.
.. neat post SCAR ..

.. it seems Trifecta either refuses to comprehend anything in conflict with his beliefs or misinterprets information ..

.. many times, I provided this link wherein "Dr. Sam Parnia Claims Near Death Experience Probably an Illusion." ..

http://www.skeptiko.com/sam-parnia-claims-nea...

.. my position has always been that science cannot prove or disprove what happens after death. Insisting Dr. Parnia has proven a soul is intellectual dishonesty ..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#515489 Apr 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
My ex just sent me this:
http://butterflies.heuristron.net/butterflies...
You may have a Queen butterfly.
Mrs Aint agrees with you that what she saw were queen caterpillars. She asks me to thank you. And I thank you myself.

Columbus, OH

#515490 Apr 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake.
I'm sorry.
Enjoy Ancient Greece.
Incorrect. I'm not in ancient Greece. I'm here, today, schooling you with resources from antiquity to the 21st century.

back to school for you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#515491 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If they choose to have sex, that's up to them. I don't condemn it and I don't condone it. Basically, I stay out of it and let them make up their own mind.
WT!??

But u would condemn it if they turned gay?

u r a fat sausage!!

With Established Harem

#515492 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*SLAPS HL on the ass*
Attack #8.
Ready for more?
<< assuming the position >>

.. yes, sir ..

Columbus, OH

#515493 Apr 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your citation regards lawyers stealing from other lawyers. It has nothing to do with informal conversation such as topix.
All you proved is that if Catcher is a lawyer then he is in the company of thieves and liars and may be one himself.
ROFLMAO
First, in large measure this is about your dishonesty and ignorance. You've lied about me, showed ignorance regarding the subject matter, and demonstrated a clear inabilty to admit that error, all while claiming expertise on the subject matter. In sum, you have made yourself look foolish, childish, and petty.

Despite you initial claim, numerous sources demonstrate that plagiarisn is not limited to the academic world. As Ehrman notes, it wasn't in the Greco-Roman world, and it isn't now. It is not so defined in a number of well respected on-line dictionaries and other reference sources. Famous cases of journalists and other authors have been cited. Instances of lawyers being punished for plagiarism in and out of court have been brought forward. Some of those instances, such as copying an opponent's brief, involved public domain material, and none of those cases required the material to belong to another lawyer for punishment to attach.

Despite your silly denials, plagiarism also applies online and to social media. As PlagiarismToday.com notes, it even applies to re-tweeting on Twitter without attributtion, despite it being virtually impossible to violate copyright law because of the brevity of tweets:
PlagiarismToday wrote:
<quoted text>Though Twitter plagiarism has never raised the copyright questions that come with blog plagiarism, it certainly has caused some emotional outbursts. For some time now a safe way to start a fight among Twitter users has been to ask about best practices when retweeting. Though everyone seems to agree that attribution is necessary, how to provide it has been a tricky matter.
http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2009/08/14/ret...

Location hidden

#515494 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya? Maybe Jesus is saying "damn, HL has a nice ass."
If you know anything about me, you know I am anything but proper.
OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE U SAID THAT ABOUT JESUS!!! U DON'T HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR YOUR LORD!!

THAT'S IT, U AIN'T A CHRISTIAN, FULL STOP. I DON'T BELIEVE U ANYMORE!!

With Established Harem

#515495 Apr 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. make me a sannwich,
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my line.
You owe me $10 for plagiary.
.. I found two tennis balls therefore I qualify ..

.. now, make me a fresh cheese sannwich on pumpernickel bread, heavy on the water chestnuts, lotsa lettuce, pickles, a dash of mayo, a pinch of salt and pepper ..

.. then, go mow the lawn ..

<< adding to RR's 'honey-do' list >>

Columbus, OH

#515496 Apr 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a bad choice.
Juice didn't need defending, at least not from me, whom you also flung feces at. I merely pointed out that Chess Jurist was correct when he called what she did plagiarism, and that you were wrong.
I wasn't blaming Juice at all. In fact, I noted several times that I had assumed that she was unaware of the rules, and had broken them with no intent to deceive. Juice didn't seem to mind. She seemed to agree, and pointed out that she had already apologized, an apology that wasn't necessary.
You damaged yourself in a few ways in the process of defending your fair maiden from nothing.
Correct.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#515497 Apr 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. speaking of indiscretions, how's Mrs. IAN ??..
LOL. She's as happy as a clam. I'll tell her that you asked about her.

She just told me that our married friends Lana and Steve will be moving into separate bedrooms, and Lana's girlfriend will be moving in with them and sharing Lana's bedroom. Life is interesting.

Columbus, OH

#515498 Apr 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You are wrong.
2. You have no authority to define plagiarism in the real world.
3. I am right.
4. I do have authority to define plagiarism in the real world.
No personal attacks at all. You simply think you know more than I do. In this instance (not all) you are erroneous.
You've disqualified yourself with you proven ignorance.

With Established Harem

#515499 Apr 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. hope you don't mind, just want to use your post as an example of Christians attacking non-believers first ..
<quoted text>
.. IAN is a fool ..
.. IAN is going to hell ..
.. children are smarter than IAN ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS DELETED**I just want to use this post as an example of dishonesty and hypocrisy.
.. attack #1 & 2 ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You attacked Lawest in this post. And since Lawest and Ians have had an ongoing exchanged it is very honest to pick a post in the middle and characterize it as a beginning.
.. to the best of my recollection, IANS has not indulged in name-calling with Lawest. If I am incorrect, please provide link ..

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#515500 Apr 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Tide...and whether my intent for that statement was bigotted is irrelevant as you said its only bigotted if the reader projects and perceives it to be.
16) I said? No I didn't. Stop it.

17) Intent is relevant to evaluate the person behind the words, but not to evaluate the language and it's effects.
Skombolis wrote:
And if u feel u need to know the intent of a statement mocking gays and saying they dont have to care if they give each other aids then that shows me the length gone to in order to defend a similar tone post.
18) I would recommend you refrain from drawing any conclusions until you fully understand my position, which at this point, I don't think you do.
Skombolis wrote:
But as to an actual discussion, sure. Do I think the Bible promotes superior morality of its followers? no. In fact isnt it often said we think too poorly of ourselves because of the Bible? Where in it do u think it does this?
19) The Bible presents "perfect" beings, and describes their behavior. The New Testament promotes "Christ like" behavior. It lists rules of morality to live by, set forth by the "perfect" beings.

Columbus, OH

#515501 Apr 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Back atcha old friend
I have good relationships with people on both sides of this so not weighing in (know you didn't ask me to) but good to see ya
(T) Peace
Good to see you, Skom.

With Established Harem

#515502 Apr 5, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ready for a party!! Can I come too? pleaseeeeeeeee?? I'll be proper BAD!!
.. my dear child, I would make absolutely certain you could come ..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#515503 Apr 5, 2013
Tide.... I dont need to ask a guy who blurted out an obvious bigoted statement what he means. However I did ask him repeatedly and he refused to answer for a week then finally conceded only Christians with poor ethics would do it. I asked him if he thought that way when he was a Christian or if he knew anybody that thought that way and he said no. He tried to claim he was criticizing the system except not only the Bible doesnt allow for what he said and he said that ppl take advantage of this "loophole" despite having no 1st hand knowledge of anyone who thinks like that. He also said he has a low opinion of most Christians and this room just reinforced that. I asked how could he have a low opinion of most Christians when he doesnt know 99% of them and he didnt answer. why when defending him do u have a great m3emory if u think it helps but cant remember anything if u think it doesnt?

Location hidden

#515504 Apr 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Poophead !!..
.. HFY is tied up in my car ..
.. Catcher is in China purchasing silk scarves ..
.. RR remains in his chair, feet in stirrups, awaiting my arrival ..
.. SKOM has me searching for balls ..
.. AIN awaits your arrival ..
.. Lil Whiskers has decided to convert ..
.. LL has converted and now wears a rainbow dress ..
.. Tide is still trying to convert River Tam ..
.. River is getting ready for tonight's orgy ..
.. and, how are you, my dear ??..
lil whispers does her own thinking thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min truth 667,942
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 39 min truth 7
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 58 min raj 37
Everyone is a fool 1 hr andet1987 5
Electing Donald Trump was a terrible mistake 1 hr andet1987 8
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,108
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr trifecta1 979,463
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Moron Wrangler 286,085
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 92,716
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web