|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Catcher (and the rest) is on my "disgraced list". When he and others are man enough to apologize to Luci, then I will be convinced that they are worthy of being anything more than Topix acquaintances.
You made a bad choice.

Juice didn't need defending, at least not from me, whom you also flung feces at. I merely pointed out that Chess Jurist was correct when he called what she did plagiarism, and that you were wrong.

I wasn't blaming Juice at all. In fact, I noted several times that I had assumed that she was unaware of the rules, and had broken them with no intent to deceive. Juice didn't seem to mind. She seemed to agree, and pointed out that she had already apologized, an apology that wasn't necessary.

You damaged yourself in a few ways in the process of defending your fair maiden from nothing.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
I have berated believers and non-believers, those I like as well as those I don't. I don't play sides and when even my friends say something I find offensive I let them know in no uncertain terms.
That would all have been admirable if your cause were valid, and if your criticisms were just of ideas rather than of the people expressing them.

What offended you about my posts ? Whatever it was, you chose to become personally offensive yourself. All I ever said to you was that your definition of plagiarism was wrong, and showed you exactly how and why. Your response has been a series of personal aspersions rather than a defense of your position. You still haven't provided any support for your insistence that plagiarism only occurs - or can only occur - in academic and journalistic environments.

No number of mentions of academic or journalisitc ethical breaches limits the scope of the matter to those two realms, and no definition that I have seen or that you have provided says as much, either. But that's no problem for you, and doesn't stop you from insisting otherwise, nor from calling those that disagree with you any number of personally offensive things.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>No one can take your spiritualism away from you. And, in you, it's a beautiful thing.

SO = significant other

I live roughly 6000 miles from my parents, and the distance hurts.
Hey stranger!

Welcome back to topix hell.:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
The use of the figure without attribution would not constitute plagiarism.
If it is a trademark, for example Charlie Tuna, and you use it for commercial purposes, you would be in violation of the trademark laws and could be enjoined from its use and liable for damages.
I think that Juice might have been trying to set me up for a gotcha.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL... you crack me up LW! LOL... this reads like a creative way to call someone an @$$....:)
Every heard the expression busy feet running.lol His shoes was hurting his feet lol.So I just took off shoes to tickle the feet.lol Thru if shoe fit wear it lol.Creative way humm never
know what a woman is thinking lol lol.Now watch someone tell me to kiss off.lolThe wonder of it all.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
20% of Americans are the 'secularist movement'. This is an interesting article, written by someone who actually seems like a real Humanist. This is an except from the article;
<quoted text>
Humanists have more in common with some believers than we realize. Fundamentalists have no love for liberal Christians. They also often attack non-Christians, especially Pagans, Wiccans, and followers of Eastern religions. Members of these communities are routinely lambasted by the religious right, which labels them a subversive and even dangerous force that is corrosive and seeks to undermine American values. Sound familiar? These folks are not our opponents; they are potential allies. We ought to be working alongside them, not taking potshots because we donít agree with their theology.
<quoted text>
Rob Boston
http://thehumanist.org/september-october-2012...
(LMAO!)
Don't fret peeps who love God, not all Humanists are batshift crazii, but they are 'fundies'.
<3
You didn't put it in quotation marks.
You are going to Atheist Hell !

ROFLMAO

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Juice might have been trying to set me up for a gotcha.
Yep. She gotcha. <smile>

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting possessive ? <giggles>
Hey :D

Found these links through topix, they contain very interesting and relevant information, you are right. <kisses>

http://www.copyright.gov/about.html

http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
... All I ever said to you was that your definition of plagiarism was wrong, and showed you exactly how and why...
1. You are wrong.
2. You have no authority to define plagiarism in the real world.
3. I am right.
4. I do have authority to define plagiarism in the real world.

No personal attacks at all. You simply think you know more than I do. In this instance (not all) you are erroneous.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't put it in quotation marks.
You are going to Atheist Hell !
ROFLMAO
You just described my neighbourhood.....

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey :D
Found these links through topix, they contain very interesting and relevant information, you are right. <kisses>
http://www.copyright.gov/about.html
http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf
Thanks

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. She gotcha. <smile>
ROFL!

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. She gotcha. <smile>
I did find out why "Plagiarism in a Social Site" information cannot be found, other than online businesses ranting on blogs, because one steals someone's online business ideas, words and/or banners without permission and uses them as their own, for profit and advertising advantage; it does not exist. Digital Information and Social Sites fall under Digital Copyright Laws over there, same as here.

Under those laws, everyone in topix who uses a copy righted image as an avatar (amongst many other things), without written permission from owner of said image, can be formally charged and sued for breaching Digital Copyright Laws. Just like downloading p2p torrents.

It's cool but, even though there is no law or legal recourse for the digital social arena whatsoever, I'm still a plagiarist ;p

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes you do. And you shake it at people when you get frustrated. It's pretty ineffectual, unless the desired effect is to be mocked.
Oy!, Christians don't bring up hell because they are frustrated Dr [do little]. Christians bring up hell, because Jesus Christ who Christianity is based on, talks about hell...duh! That should be obvious. Your "scary chicken stick" talk is just your attempt to make trivial what deep down you're frightened about and the reason out of slavery and sheer desperation you keep running back to a religion you claimed you gave up to soothe your frightened soul.

Jesus Christ says your soul is in store for everlasting hellish torment for rejecting him as YHWH only escape from hell.

And it does not matter how many times you talk about scary chicken stick deflection, that won't change, the bible won't change. You don't want to read about hell, leave a religion alone that you claim you gave up and get lost you confused Nut!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I did find out why "Plagiarism in a Social Site" information cannot be found, other than online businesses ranting on blogs, because one steals someone's online business ideas, words and/or banners without permission and uses them as their own, for profit and advertising advantage; it does not exist. Digital Information and Social Sites fall under Digital Copyright Laws over there, same as here.
Under those laws, everyone in topix who uses a copy righted image as an avatar (amongst many other things), without written permission from owner of said image, can be formally charged and sued for breaching Digital Copyright Laws. Just like downloading p2p torrents.
It's cool but, even though there is no law or legal recourse for the digital social arena whatsoever, I'm still a plagiarist ;p
I don't know if Topix still does or not but it used to remove avatars that were copy righted. I used a Santa one time not realizing that it was and Topix removed it...others had used the same one on different sites and theirs also were removed.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>All you've ever done here is stalk Christians to ridicule them.
You are far from innocent and nobody cares who painted that hideous avatar of yours.
I can't speak for all Christians, but I'm rather satisfied and amused to see atheists mock Christians..especially when they use to be Christians themselves.

Who looks more foolish and absurd in this scenario.

Boy and girl in a relationship. Boy breaks up with girl, girl moves on. But boy keeps calling girl, running after girl, trying to convince every other boy girl wants to date girl is no good. Girl other dates looks at raving ex boyfriend, and laughs at him because they know he is not over girl.

In that story. secular humanists and atheists for example [it aint necessarily so] and others, are the boy in the relationship, Christianity is the girl.

Who do you really think is being mocked? Christianity, who has moved on and is not looking back at those that left? or those that left that keep chasing after Christianity with mockings and criticisms?

IYAI!LOL.

You know how you really know atheists are clueless? when they think Christians look at them in any other way, than at best an annoying nuisance, and at worse, blithering fools.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I said Adonai will not suffice. Adonai is a name derived from Adonis, a Sumerian and Grecian god. It isn't kosher. basically, it is wrong. Nothing wrong with the other titles, but they are just that, titles and not names. Yes, when you say communion, but again I ask; was it called by that name in scripture?
<quoted text>
Yes, to you, but you did not make these laws. I mean, it's admirable to do what you think is right or even do your own think. Satan never said you had to worship him, all you have to do is be disobedient to The Most High One. Only the lawless seek to abolish laws. Only those against teh Torah and His people will seek to do away with His statutes and commands. If Yahshua kept them, then who are we to not keep them yet proudly boast of how we follow Him?
Matthew 26:17&18
17 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?
18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.
However, clearly we all have a choice to do what you want to do. It is called Free Will. It is this same Free Will that has caused 38,000 Christian denominations all disagreeable with each other.
Continued....
So clearly you believe for salvation, a person not only must follow Yeshua, but follow all the feast day celebrations, festival celebrations, and ceremonial celebrations of the Torah, correct?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, as usual, I do have a reason. And if I have one, how can you say that there be no reason to do so? You must mean no reason that you approve of.
Whats the reason? I'll try my best not to make assumptions of you if you dont make them of me.
<quoted text><quoted text>
I didn't add it because I needed to.
I know you didnt and thats my point.
Insult who - Dim or Christianity? I have never attempted to hide or diminish the fact that I insult Dim as frequently as I desire, and with enthusiasm. Until I get bored doing so, I likely always will until he begs my forgiveness, if I give it to him.
I know Skom pretty well, dont hold your breath.......
<quoted text>Hey! Don't hate the playa - hate the game. Those were Dim's own rules of engagement. And he loves the game. He has turned down my offer to end it, which requires almost nothing of him. How many others have asked for forgiveness from one person or another on this thread since this matter began? A dozen?
But not the Dimwit. He forgave himself.
Honestly I havent followed you guy's posts all that much so I dont know.
It's not about need. I didn't choose that language because I thought I needed to.
Again I know you didnt, but you have now said you have a reason. My whole point with you inserting christian into it is a form of bigotry, because we all know what you think of christians. And there is NO NEED to add it every time you address him because everyone here knows he is christian.
I didn't know that that was an insult.
Its not an insult.
But if someone actually said it like that, you would have to question why they added the obvious. Usually when someone does that its to add insult to injury. It accomplishes that because the person sees the description as derogatory. In a real life situation why include it (the obvious) otherwise.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if Topix still does or not but it used to remove avatars that were copy righted. I used a Santa one time not realizing that it was and Topix removed it...others had used the same one on different sites and theirs also were removed.
I like your new avatar Annie. I'm typically not drawn to art, but that painting is done well. Maybe its the color scheme and the attention to detail. Have a good day........

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Let me see if I understand you here: Although religious people like you are distancing yourself from the word religion, I'll be stuck on it until your god decides to help me out? Is that your position?
My relationship to religion and the church is a desire to want to help shut it up. If that's what you mean by "stuck on religion," I plead guilty. My foot is stuck up your church's ass.
The American secularist movement doesn't need my help, nor anybody else's. The Christian church continues to shoot itself in the foot repeatedly all by itself as a repulsed world looks on and shakes its collective head in disgust.
I do this because I want to. It's a labor of love, a privilege, and a pleasure. Why shouldn't I? It's happening in my lifetime, I have a front row seat, and the Internet empowers me to pile on. Why wouldn't I want to help? Why shouldn't I continue to express contempt and outrage at your church, enumerate its sins, and try to persuade others to feel the same until it has shrunken to a size that it can be drowned in a bathtub*?
You're helping. Nobody begrudges you your "Lord Jesus Christ," just the "set of religious base[d] rules" that your church would impose on unbelievers. We don't care what Jesus would do.
*[I'd like to give Grover Norquist credit for that phrase. http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/g... ]
You pitiful soul, you have absolutely no power to "grant" me anything or take anything away from God's chosen, you continue to blabber on and on about the decline of church and the christian religion which ultimately has nothing ( as the world perceives it ) to do with the truth of Jesus Christ, in truth your constant wailing against something that you are perceiving in your own mind and trying to attack is liken to a wolf howling at the moon, and you really have no clue of what you are talking about.

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

439 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessarily so 721,947
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Frontliner 115,519
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Buck Crick 224,522
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 172,517
ibhentse emandi (Sep '11) 23 min Teeza 124
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 40 min raghavendra 534
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 56 min sweets2360 302
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 256,839
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 533,294
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••