Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#515355 Apr 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>It is amusing.
Although I laughed, in reality there is NOTHING funny about the whole thing.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#515356 Apr 5, 2013
I think infidelity is a person thing, some are loyal, some are not. Regardless of race, creed, religion or sexuality.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#515357 Apr 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be curious how much adultery is behind divorce. 50% of marriages end within the first 2 years or something outrageous like that. I think people these days who actually marry legit (and not for money or companionship, or citizenship, or insurance, or because they got someone pregnant, or whatever) and for love still do so much, much too fast and probably too young. It used to be common to be dating 3-4 years and engaged another 1-2. That's 6 years of getting to know someone. Now it seems like most marriages are entered into within 2 years of knowing someone. Heck, people are still acting and showing just the side you want them to see on at least some things probably still at that point. In 6 years you know the real person and everything about them
I also am a huge fan of people living together first. Let's face it, it has no bearing on them having sex. And they tell you before going to college be very careful who you room with because being just friends with someone casually is cool but until you live with someone you have no idea. I think people should find out if they are comparable first in a simulated environment.
Anyway, I haven't researched it to see the role promiscuity plays in divorce as far as the majority that just don't make it out of the gate. I also wonder if gay marriage being legalized will cut back on promiscuity in the gay community, if indeed it is higher like it has always been portrayed. The more out in the open it is, maybe the less people feel they have to go at it like rabbits because you have a short window of privacy? It would be interesting from a sociological perspective to see the results.
We have problems like divorce coz stupid people don't understand what love or marriage is. They think marriage is some kind display or function that they have to spend a lot of money on. It's just like a ritual. Most marriages mean NOTHING.

What you're saying is not true. People get divorced after knowing each other for 10 years. Then u have some people who get married in a month of seeing each other, they just fall in love, like my parents did.

I think u should only get married if u have that feeling inside u and u 100% know u want to be committed to that person for the rest of your life. If u can't make it work in 2 years, it ain't gonna work in 10!

That's just my experience from what i have seen in life!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#515358 Apr 5, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Haaaah.......
Exactly!

If there was an equivalent of the Marquess of Queensberry rules for debating, some of these guys would have people believe they abide by it, but only when using it as a tactic to correct others. Their own posts are a much different matter. How someone can make a post rebuking an ad-hominom when that same person engages in them so much in beyond me. Generally the hypocrisy comes into play when the "ad-hominom" or context of the post within, hits home. When they can't refute on merit, they cry "foul" despite never adhering to the rules themselves. It gets tedious, along with all the other game-playing.

Here is a crazy idea. People should just say what they think with no consideration for alliances or designs on eliciting sympathy or false indignation. And then if someone has a counter-point they should make it the same way. The next thing you know actual conversations or debates will be taking place based on merit. I mean who wants that though right?

sigh...gotta love Topix

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#515360 Apr 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be curious how much adultery is behind divorce. 50% of marriages end within the first 2 years or something outrageous like that. I think people these days who actually marry legit (and not for money or companionship, or citizenship, or insurance, or because they got someone pregnant, or whatever) and for love still do so much, much too fast and probably too young. It used to be common to be dating 3-4 years and engaged another 1-2. That's 6 years of getting to know someone. Now it seems like most marriages are entered into within 2 years of knowing someone. Heck, people are still acting and showing just the side you want them to see on at least some things probably still at that point. In 6 years you know the real person and everything about them
I also am a huge fan of people living together first. Let's face it, it has no bearing on them having sex. And they tell you before going to college be very careful who you room with because being just friends with someone casually is cool but until you live with someone you have no idea. I think people should find out if they are comparable first in a simulated environment.
Anyway, I haven't researched it to see the role promiscuity plays in divorce as far as the majority that just don't make it out of the gate. I also wonder if gay marriage being legalized will cut back on promiscuity in the gay community, if indeed it is higher like it has always been portrayed. The more out in the open it is, maybe the less people feel they have to go at it like rabbits because you have a short window of privacy? It would be interesting from a sociological perspective to see the results.
I agree with you 100%. I try to teach my boys the same kinda thinking(they're 14&16). I've taught them to "Date her for five years, live with her for five years, then if you want, marry her. Be married for five years, THEN talk about having kids."

Of course I don't know if that's going to work, but I gotta try.

Location hidden

#515361 Apr 5, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... I have no words....
lol who got your tongue? No words better start humming then.lol.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#515362 Apr 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a corn-dog on a stick but I ate it
Yes, but was it a scary corn dog?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#515366 Apr 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
If there was an equivalent of the Marquess of Queensberry rules for debating, some of these guys would have people believe they abide by it, but only when using it as a tactic to correct others. Their own posts are a much different matter. How someone can make a post rebuking an ad-hominom when that same person engages in them so much in beyond me. Generally the hypocrisy comes into play when the "ad-hominom" or context of the post within, hits home. When they can't refute on merit, they cry "foul" despite never adhering to the rules themselves. It gets tedious, along with all the other game-playing.
Here is a crazy idea. People should just say what they think with no consideration for alliances or designs on eliciting sympathy or false indignation. And then if someone has a counter-point they should make it the same way. The next thing you know actual conversations or debates will be taking place based on merit. I mean who wants that though right?
sigh...gotta love Topix
True, our friend IANS is a perfect example of that, he does try to his rebuttals at times but sadly has no idea of what he is talking about.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#515367 Apr 5, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol if he spanking to play.That is okay,...
Exactly. You next, missy!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#515368 Apr 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Your a bad girl and deserve a good spanking! LOL
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm scared now.....
.. don't be. It's great fun ..

.. on the sin scale, how shall we rate an erotic spanking? I'd give it a 1 or 2. You ??..

.. oh, I have another question. After your cyber-wedding with G, will you be having cybersex? Would that be a sin? If so, how would you rate it on the sin scale? I'd give it a 1 or 2. You ??..

Location hidden

#515369 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100%. I try to teach my boys the same kinda thinking(they're 14&16). I've taught them to "Date her for five years, live with her for five years, then if you want, marry her. Be married for five years, THEN talk about having kids."
Hang on!! Just wait there!

U r a christian? a follower of the pious pure lord Jesus and u teach u'r kids that? That's totally against any religion on the planet, it's defo against the teachings of christ!

U people don't know how to read people, it takes me 10mins to read a guy and it takes u 10 years to read us girls, u men r dumb!

Location hidden

#515370 Apr 5, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not, but I was referring to the previous instance where you called IANS a bigot for saying something along the lines of "Christians don't need to feel bad about hurting others..."
<quoted text>
And you also said there is nothing wrong with saying "gay people don't have to care if they give each other Aids while having butt-play unless caught and prosecuted for knowingly doing so which is almost impossible to prove"

The fact that "butt-play" was used instead of sex set the tone for demeaning the entire gay community

The implication was unless something bad could happen to them as a consequence, that on their own they would not feel bad about giving an innocent person Aids.

You claimed the statement by itself was innocuous or neutral at best and was only malicious if the reader felt it was malicious, which you claimed would be more of a reflection of how the reader feels then the writer. That's absurd

IANS claimed Christians don't have to feel bad for hurting people because they can ask the sky for forgiveness

Not only it contained a "jab" by your own admission, the implication was Christians set up rules where they can be forgiven and not make amends because what they really care about it letting themselves off the hook and don't care about hurting others

In fact IANs has expressed this very thought repeatedly, only reinforcing this is how he meant it.

Yet to this day you keep defending it as simply a statement of fact with no malicious intent

You want to lawyer common sense and that doesn't work. A good lawyer can get people to see his way of thinking even if he is wrong. A terrible lawyer tries to use all sorts of semantics and technicalities to convince people the opposite of what anybody can see as true. The result is the come off as a shyster.

If you can maintain that the following:

"gay people don't have to care if they give each other Aids while having butt-play unless caught and prosecuted for knowingly doing so which is almost impossible to prove"

not only is simply a statement of fact but to consider it bigoted or a slanderous implication would take the mind of a bigot then very little progress has been made.

I find this more egregious than the "filthy Christian liar" or "filthy gay liar" examples because (while it wouldn't in this case) it could sometimes be explained away by the heat of the moment. The other goes to a deliberate state of mind of another group being morally inferior. Which he also has said many times

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#515371 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*pushes HL over, knocking her down*
I missed her more!
<< spreading mayo in sannwich >>

.. that calls for a spanking. Assume the position ..

Location hidden

#515372 Apr 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. You next, missy!
Really?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#515373 Apr 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I can't speak for all Christians, but I'm rather satisfied and amused to see atheists mock Christians..especially when they use to be Christians themselves.
Who looks more foolish and absurd in this scenario.

You know how you really know atheists are clueless? when they think Christians look at them in any other way, than at best an annoying nuisance, and at worse, blithering fools.
Are you really being fair or even realistic in that post?

Why would atheists be mocked, of one is to logically think of that? Atheists make no claims, regarding God. They simply do not have a belief in any deity. We humans have lots of things that we don't do or don't think about all the time, but we don't make claims about them, do we? Except, of course, if the subject comes up, and someone else wants to communicate about a particular subject, then the person might have something to say, just to be polite to the person who wants to talk about whatever it is.

I could discuss astronauts, but I am neither an astronaut nor an anti-astronaut, so though my discussion would be rather limited, I could still converse on that subject. Astronauts are real known things, though, so even if we don't particularly make them part of our lives, we still have a basis on which to converse, since most people in the educated countries know they exist.

100% of humanity do not know that there are any gods, which man seems to always have talked about or had beliefs in at various times. Many in the world DO believe these gods, or a particular one of these gods, do exist. Those with the beliefs, must have a basis for why they believe since not everyone knows these gods or God exists, and there are many who have not even heard of the particular god that some others might believe exists.

We previous believers do have more knowledge of the subject (as a subject) than do those who have never had a belief, though we have now become non-believers ourselves.

We however still cannot prove there are no gods, and especially since believers can't prove that there are gods, that would seem to make sense, even if one doesn't understand the logical reasoning of not being able to prove that something that doesn't exist, actually doesn't exist.

If non believers are mocking Christians, that is not a very positive way to treat another human being, but I suspect that the mocking is more in retaliation for being demonized by Christians rather than non-believers just set out to attack all believers, for no reason.

You say in your analogy that Christianity has moved on, but in reality though many if not most Christian denominations have altered their teaching to agree with known facts, Christianity is still asserting something of which there is not a shred of proof, while man has discovered many pieces of evidence which completely discredits certain parts of the book by which Christians allegedly live their lives, the Bible, and thus if some parts of that book, which fundamentalists will claim is 100% infallible, are now known to be not true, then to continue to insist that those parts are true, is really not living in reality, is it?

Also if some parts are false, and the rest cannot be verified to be true (which to date is the absolute case), then it would seem reasonable to question all of the Book. That doesn't prove there is no gods, but it certainly takes away the certainty of God existing that believers claim, IMO.

Man today knows about most of the things that men at the time of the writings of the books in the Bible had little or no knowledge. Though people back in those days had developed much from previous times, they were certainly pretty naive relative to the combined knowledge of humans today. There was a basis for beliefs in super beings in those days, because so much that humans observed could not be explained.

Location hidden

#515374 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly

What is the big rush to get a piece of paper signed?

And there is also no rush to commit before God if one isn't sure because much better to wait then to marry before God then have to divorce

Kids are in such a rush today

And there are not a lot of practical reasons to get married. If anything it can hurt such as no pre-nup or alimony or splitting up possessions or whatever. It is more symbolic of the commitment for why it is important. People used to claim living together didn't prove anything because the person always knew they weren't committed. Well marriage doesn't hold anybody any longer so that argument is out as divorce is common. And living together let's you know if the person snores or is a lazy slop or is selfish or just someone you thought you loved until living under the same roof 24/7. When a majority of a teenagers relationship consist of drinking and sex and partying, heck every day is a honeymoon. Wait until a kid enters the picture or it is 5 years later and the real world of bills and responsibilities comes knocking.

Hope they heed your advice. There is nothing to gain by marrying earlier (other than to "lock it up" and if someone feels that insecure about losing their girl/guy they shouldn't be with them) and plenty of good reasons to wait.

(T) Peace

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#515375 Apr 5, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I did find out why "Plagiarism in a Social Site" information cannot be found, other than online businesses ranting on blogs, because one steals someone's online business ideas, words and/or banners without permission and uses them as their own, for profit and advertising advantage; it does not exist. Digital Information and Social Sites fall under Digital Copyright Laws over there, same as here.
Under those laws, everyone in topix who uses a copy righted image as an avatar (amongst many other things), without written permission from owner of said image, can be formally charged and sued for breaching Digital Copyright Laws. Just like downloading p2p torrents.
It's cool but, even though there is no law or legal recourse for the digital social arena whatsoever, I'm still a plagiarist ;p
So....I can get in trouble with my "Peace Dove"....Well if we decide to not put anything in there Topix can at least have a Woman's Head....Not a Man's.....LOL

:-)

Location hidden

#515376 Apr 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>G_O_D wrote:

.. on the sin scale, how shall we rate an erotic spanking? I'd give it a 1 or 2. You ??..

.. oh, I have another question. After your cyber-wedding with G, will you be having cybersex? Would that be a sin? If so, how would you rate it on the sin scale? I'd give it a 1 or 2. You ??..
I don't know what cyber sex is. I haven't thought about ratings of sins, I will though and then I'll get back to you. I was under the impression that spanking is not sinful at all.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#515377 Apr 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am starting to wonder if cyber-sins even count. I am pretty sure that cyber-persecution points are invalid.
Perhaps a virtual resurrection of a chicken on a stick will absolve virtual sins ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#515378 Apr 5, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
<chucks a green water balloon at Luci> LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Ice Man 42,601
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 13 min Paul McCartney is... 47
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Big Al 989,918
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 690,636
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 6 hr Big Al 662
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 12 hr Doctor REALITY 23
More from around the web