Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#515197 Apr 5, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sizing issues maybe?
I thought that too...So I tried 2 or 3 others (which I have posted on here before) and I got the same error. I just keep trying....

Hope you have a great day Lucy Lu....

<3
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#515198 Apr 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you find that humorous? Don't indulge your sadistic side too much. People like Riverside Redneck and the Dimwit keep insisting that what goes on here doesn't matter or have any effect. I disagree.
As you may know, I reprint the most useful posts from Topix in emails to my local freethinker's group, with whom I'll be meeting today in about an hour. Quotes from actual Christians here are often quite startling to them, since very few of them have any way of examining a broad section of Christians in the way that any regular Topix poster has.
These quotes below, which I posted to them in a discussion of whether or not modern Christians would burn atheists at the stake if given the option, caused quite a little stir. The nauseated several, and probably changed a few minds. Be careful that you don't end up contributing the this list :
[1] "I am so thrilled that smelly greasy shit like you will endure thermal and mechanical tortures for eternity in Hell. Hopefully you are involved in a tragic metal crushing car accident, resulting in your beheadedness, you awful demented dehumanizing sack of trash." - Just Results at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB4V0KF...
[2] "You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones." - KJV at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
[3] "God needs no help he just lets us have some fun, he waiting to wipe you off the face of the earth because he said we need to have some fun. So he left 2.3% of all atheist on earth for us to torment." - Langoliers at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
==========
In the spirit of reciprocity and cross-pollination, let me share an email with the thread that I just sent to that local freethinkers association :
Thanks, Hank
From your link at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/nort... :
"The bill, filed Monday by two GOP lawmakers from Rowan County and backed by nine other Republicans, says each state "is sovereign" and courts cannot block a state "from making laws respecting an establishment of religion." The legislation was filed in response to a lawsuit to stop county commissioners in Rowan County from opening meetings with a Christian prayer, wral.com reported. The religion bill comes as some Republican-led states seek to separate themselves from the federal government, primarily on the issues of guns and Obamacare. This includes a proposal in Mississippi to establish a state board with the power to nullify federal laws."
As Mr. Burns from The Simpsons would say, "Excellent!"
The church is likely becoming increasingly marginalized as the American population opts for "None of the above" is religious surveys in growing numbers, probably in large part from its ridiculous and outdated anti-evolution propaganda, its ugly homophobia, its whining about an imaginary War On Christmas and other victim posturing, its unending litany of sex scandals, and the new voice for atheism (best sellers, billboards, entertainment media like Bill Maher, etc).
Now throw in affiliations with secessionists, gun advocates, and revoking health care for the poor, and I believe that you've got a dead church walking - dead in the sense of heading for social irrelevance, not in terms of disappearing from the world.
[IANS]
They shoot themselves in the foot with comments like that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Luckily this is the 21C. Even so, some of these fundies I can imagine @ the old auto-da-fes.
lucille

Winchester, CA

#515199 Apr 5, 2013
Jasbir Singh wrote:
<quoted text>
i dont know whether thats an insult or not?
That depends do you feel insulted?
Then maybe and if not then for NO, it was not...

It was meant that Topix is a place to discuss and infornm and just to hang around...

But to immigrants immigration is to be a migrant so was it not a grant to life for the living to move about?

Papers used to be a recomment and still are people's countries they accept and sent forth but an America is it not the Epic of all centers for a max?

That to all of all here we are though in all other Nations as well they combine there too...
Some operate even far smoother than what some could imagine...

Here it is an Industry maybe that is why places are still a behind hey look what's coming???

Besides Religion must be a lot have grown accustomed to be preached to from the Preachings most move about here and maybe much has gone astray for reasons un-known not to point the finger though one must think the index to knowledge here here can't you see I am pointing to it...

Must have been for reason too...

For what is random?

Prolly not a whole lot...For a whole lot is meant to be plantation seed, a seedling looky a sprout a come out of the ground and they have invented roll out soil just water no planting needed, think about that...

Easy does it easier does what not much ...

Soon the task pf plant file what had been grown what they call school of what OLD? or something that may should not go un-forgotten some of the past should always remain...

But they so would have it that none heads with but the stories of for sure never will we forget HELL...sin thou sin away because the trotten on will surely move on with the Preacher's grace is what come in come in and we accept all your sin for the mere comttribution...

They would be better of placing it in the pot of the All might Institute which it's supply was really meant to be taken care of the people...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#515200 Apr 5, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so much grief?
If the height of betrayal in your life is to be found within the halls of Topix, then consider yourself very fortunate.
Yet I'd bet you've survived far worse.
Topix ...Really???
It is true. I take this place far too seriously.
Maybe it is because from here I have come to know a few wonderful people in real life.

Yes, I have survived much worse.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#515201 Apr 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that too...So I tried 2 or 3 others (which I have posted on here before) and I got the same error. I just keep trying....
<3
My Peace Dove uploaded fine....:-)
lucille

Winchester, CA

#515202 Apr 5, 2013
So the rain what about the Thunder...

Of course it is the 21st and fast cars speedy deliveries are in demend...Take flight we need it asap...

Wonder what could supply what is it corporate CEO's private messengers?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#515203 Apr 5, 2013
Good Bye....

And GOD Bless

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#515204 Apr 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that too...So I tried 2 or 3 others (which I have posted on here before) and I got the same error. I just keep trying....

<3
What's the error love?
lucille

Winchester, CA

#515205 Apr 5, 2013
Comments come and go I think we all know what we said...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#515206 Apr 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It comes from the cover of a Grateful Dead album. Are you about to accuse me of stealing it without attribution to the source?
By your own criteria, yes. You stole their trademark.

Location hidden

#515207 Apr 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>My Peace Dove uploaded fine....:-)
I see it, very pretty :)
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#515208 Apr 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So do Christians.
Rwanda and Uganda for example.
You can add genocide to the list as well.
Very true.:-(

“"None shall pass"”

There

#515209 Apr 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the lyrics are generally recognisable by your target audience,....
ROFLMAO

Yet Luci posting something to me that I requested and understood wasn't hers IS plagiarism.

Yep. You are shyster alright.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#515210 Apr 5, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact I did quote Ehrman,...
My mistake.

I'm sorry.

Enjoy Ancient Greece.

Location hidden

#515211 Apr 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>By your own criteria, yes. You stole their trademark.
Wait.....
lucille

Winchester, CA

#515212 Apr 5, 2013
Love is Merciful it is to forgive right?

Right hand man to set a right to what is right?

Maybe the children that Baptize the dead also can take care of the wrong man or the wronged man...

It seem Christians of a new ARE, but it seems to me they are mostly pretty Snobbed out if you ask me...

Maybe they have been in the white a tat too long never seen the dark of a life yet to what an experience is set out to a control of what a future is to ... BRING????

So are children going to be tiny little machines that do not need feeding?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#515213 Apr 5, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact I did quote Ehrman, goofy:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
And despite your original claim that plagiarism applies only to the academy, which you later modified to include journalists, Ehrman demonstrates that plagiarism has been scorned – and sometimes punished -- outside such settings as far back as antiquity. And Douglas Richmond shows below that, in his profession, lawyers are sometimes punished for the same thing today:
<quoted text>
Richmond, Douglas R., Ethics on Appeal (State Bar of Texas 21st Annual Civil Appellate Practice Course, 2007), p. 5.
Gee. Plagiarism being punished from antiquity to today's world outside the academy.
You’ve been schooled again, professor.
Your citation regards lawyers stealing from other lawyers. It has nothing to do with informal conversation such as topix.
All you proved is that if Catcher is a lawyer then he is in the company of thieves and liars and may be one himself.
ROFLMAO

“"None shall pass"”

There

#515214 Apr 5, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.....
Yep. That makes him a hypocrite.

Complains about integrity and how bad a non-crime like alleged plagiarism is yet steals a trademark, a far more proveable and serious problem.

I bet he has illegal MP3s and videos too. ROFLMAO

Location hidden

#515215 Apr 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. That makes him a hypocrite.

Complains about integrity and how bad a non-crime like alleged plagiarism is yet steals a trademark, a far more proveable and serious problem.

I bet he has illegal MP3s and videos too. ROFLMAO
Lol...
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#515216 Apr 5, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be cooking in my birthday suit thank you. It's not proper <winks>
The naked chef, eh. Why not? It worked for Jamie Oliver.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 30 min ImPeach 25,612
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 37 min Frank 301
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr River Tam 985,633
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 4 hr Johnny 6
Satan is the white man's god (Jul '08) 5 hr juliakk 185
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr juliakk 6,444
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr PadMark 685,654
More from around the web