Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#514671 Apr 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
There's pattern again: I comment on your bible, and you feel like that gives you permission to cast aspersions at me personally. You could have stopped with the first sentence, but like a good little myrmidon that you have become - you do understand that you have opened the door for my comments about you personally, do you not?- you elected to throw in a gratuitous personal attack.
<quoted text>
Grow up.
What a disgusting story, too.
<quoted text>
There's your inferior Christian ethics again.
No, even a creator has no right to torture anybody. If it has the power and will to do so, you had better hope that it doesn't exist. As I told Trifecta a couple of times recently, if we live in such a universe ruled by a sadist like that - especially one that capriciously changes its mind, makes mistakes, and doesn't keep its promises - we're all screwed.
THE Creator, the one that created heaven and earth has a right to punish anyone, you have the adversary and the accuser spirit in you big time, and you really need help badly as well as taking your own advice about growing up.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#514672 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Guess again.
Here's an excerpt of something I wrote previously. As you can seem, there was no hurtful event or hard feelings. I donpt hate your god any more than I hate Santa :
I remember my religious experience fairly well. I may have told you that it began at age nineteen or twenty. I felt that the religion should be treated like a pair of shoes that might not fit properly at first, but with time, would begin to feel right. You wouldn't give up on a new pair of shoes that were a little tight here or rubbed a little there if the experience wasn't painful. But with time, you expect that to go away.
So, as a new Christians, I didn't let the apparent inconsistencies dissuade me. Sure, I had doubt - plenty. But I also had a willingness to ignore it, and for a time, the ability to do so. I had hoped that my questions would be answered as a self-supporting edifice of understanding was erected in my mind. Your link asserts, "The New Testament’s complex and interwoven information is self supporting."
But that never happened. As time passed, the inconsistencies persisted. Eventually, I could see that the claims of the religion were wrong. If that hadn't mattered, I could have gone on even with the inconsistencies. But it did. The shoes never fit properly, and in the end, I had to cast them off and leave the church.
So you went into alot of churches and started your messin like you do here on this threads.Spreading your mocking,poking fun,insults to fellow members.Ya wanted to be a big shoot in the church.One by one the church members took you by the set of the pants and showed the devil in you to the door.Not even your money could buy you a place to sit among them.So you set yourself up a mocker and attacter to get even with all.That type of hate is eating you one bite at a time.God is going to expose you for what your are.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#514673 Apr 3, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Scott.. Nice to see you... When I count MY Personal Blessings.. I count you twice. Hallelujah Brother!!
Hello Dawn, that's very sweet of you, got off from work not too long ago and trying to unwind a little, how're you tonight?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#514675 Apr 3, 2013
Isaiah 42;1
BEHOLD MY SERVANT, WHOM I UPHOLD,MINE ELCET WHOM MY SOUL DELIGHTETH,
I HAVE PUT MY SPIRIT UPON HIM;

HE SHALL BRING FORTH JUDGEMENT TO THE GENITILES(TO ALL SCOOFERS,MOCKERS, AND INSULTIVE BRAIN WASHED ATHEISTS)

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#514676 Apr 3, 2013
OOPS!! Trying this again!!!!!!!!!!
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
You have written above your pic Jesus*Hope* and Faith,, and you can say that you have ''no problem with it''??
So how is it that you dont see it as Sinful ,, and God does??
Have you asked yourself how many people's souls/blood that you are going to have to give an account for,, because you dont ''witness the true word of Jesus to them''??
I am NOT judging my friends.. I never stated my opinion.. I have Personally MESSAGED a Special new friend of mine.. I Adore Her.. Dont worry about it, Nurface... and YES,, I have JESUS,, HOPE,,, and FAITH,, and of course LOVE for others... I have an Extreme LOVE for MY friends.. GOSH Darn! I forgot 2 important letters. the AG!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#514677 Apr 3, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> I am NOT judging my friends.. I never stated my opinion.. I have Personally Messed a Special new friend of mine.. I Adore Her.. Dont worry about it, Nurface... and YES,, I have JESUS,, HOPE,,, and FAITH,, and of course LOVE for others... I have an Extreme LOVE for MY friends..
you have no friends
also you don't have extreme love to your cyber not existing friends?

people like you are born LIARS
Psalm 116;11
I SAID IN MY HASTE,
ALL MAN ARE LIARS

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#514678 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, you are evidence of the opposite. You function like mindless minions.
And what happened to your character in the hands of your church? In the last few posts, you've threatened me with the Scary Chicken, and called me a loser and a fool challenging your church and its teachings - just like at least a half dozen of your hive mates.
Buddy you are the LAST person who need to refer to ANYONE as mindless, I called you a loser and a fool because the Bible has called you a fool based off of your foolish thinking in denying Christ and saying that there is no God and I only quote it as I can say whatever the Word says, I don't threaten I only warn with what si written to happen, and regardless of how successful or unsuccessful you may be in THIS life life the rejection of Christ when you know better ( or perhaps you really don't ) will send you to hell, and THAT constitutes a loser.

Peace.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#514679 Apr 3, 2013
Guess again.

Here's an excerpt of something I wrote previously. As you can seem, there was no hurtful event or hard feelings. I donpt hate your god any more than I hate Santa :

I remember my religious experience fairly well. I may have told you that it began at age nineteen or twenty. I felt that the religion should be treated like a pair of shoes that might not fit properly at first, but with time, would begin to feel right. You wouldn't give up on a new pair of shoes that were a little tight here or rubbed a little there if the experience wasn't painful. But with time, you expect that to go away.

So, as a new Christians, I didn't let the apparent inconsistencies dissuade me. Sure, I had doubt - plenty. But I also had a willingness to ignore it, and for a time, the ability to do so. I had hoped that my questions would be answered as a self-supporting edifice of understanding was erected in my mind. Your link asserts, "The New Testament’s complex and interwoven information is self supporting."

But that never happened. As time passed, the inconsistencies persisted. Eventually, I could see that the claims of the religion were wrong. If that hadn't mattered, I could have gone on even with the inconsistencies. But it did. The shoes never fit properly, and in the end, I had to cast them off and leave the church.
Seems like you were focusing on religion, not God. Just a thought.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#514680 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you find that humorous? Don't indulge your sadistic side too much. People like Riverside Redneck and the Dimwit keep insisting that what goes on here doesn't matter or have any effect. I disagree.
As you may know, I reprint the most useful posts from Topix in emails to my local freethinker's group, with whom I'll be meeting today in about an hour. Quotes from actual Christians here are often quite startling to them, since very few of them have any way of examining a broad section of Christians in the way that any regular Topix poster has.
These quotes below, which I posted to them in a discussion of whether or not modern Christians would burn atheists at the stake if given the option, caused quite a little stir. The nauseated several, and probably changed a few minds. Be careful that you don't end up contributing the this list :
[1] "I am so thrilled that smelly greasy shit like you will endure thermal and mechanical tortures for eternity in Hell. Hopefully you are involved in a tragic metal crushing car accident, resulting in your beheadedness, you awful demented dehumanizing sack of trash." - Just Results at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB4V0KF...
[2] "You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones." - KJV at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
[3] "God needs no help he just lets us have some fun, he waiting to wipe you off the face of the earth because he said we need to have some fun. So he left 2.3% of all atheist on earth for us to torment." - Langoliers at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
==========
In the spirit of reciprocity and cross-pollination, let me share an email with the thread that I just sent to that local freethinkers association :
Thanks, Hank
From your link at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/nort... :
"The bill, filed Monday by two GOP lawmakers from Rowan County and backed by nine other Republicans, says each state "is sovereign" and courts cannot block a state "from making laws respecting an establishment of religion." The legislation was filed in response to a lawsuit to stop county commissioners in Rowan County from opening meetings with a Christian prayer, wral.com reported. The religion bill comes as some Republican-led states seek to separate themselves from the federal government, primarily on the issues of guns and Obamacare. This includes a proposal in Mississippi to establish a state board with the power to nullify federal laws."
As Mr. Burns from The Simpsons would say, "Excellent!"
The church is likely becoming increasingly marginalized as the American population opts for "None of the above" is religious surveys in growing numbers, probably in large part from its ridiculous and outdated anti-evolution propaganda, its ugly homophobia, its whining about an imaginary War On Christmas and other victim posturing, its unending litany of sex scandals, and the new voice for atheism (best sellers, billboards, entertainment media like Bill Maher, etc).
Now throw in affiliations with secessionists, gun advocates, and revoking health care for the poor, and I believe that you've got a dead church walking - dead in the sense of heading for social irrelevance, not in terms of disappearing from the world.
[IANS]
Responding short because your post is novel length, I have no personal desire within me to burn anyone or harm them in any way whatsoever, I leave all in God's hand, and his truth and Word are always going to offend the unblessed on some level or another.
nurface

Manchester, KY

#514681 Apr 3, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> I am NOT judging my friends.. I never stated my opinion.. I have Personally Messed a Special new friend of mine.. I Adore Her.. Dont worry about it, Nurface... and YES,, I have JESUS,, HOPE,,, and FAITH,, and of course LOVE for others... I have an Extreme LOVE for MY friends..
You have said alot, but not answerd any of the questions..

So you are ok with having your ''friends blood'' on your hands then?

You are just gonna set by and say nothing to them, knowing what lays ahead for them? Dont think thats what i would call a friend, imo..

Jesus said no greater friend then one who lay down his life for them,, he died for sin and NOT for his followers to ignore it and condone it...

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#514682 Apr 3, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no friends
Psalm 116;11
I SAID IN MY HASTE,
ALL MAN ARE LIARS
Hey Shrink,

I See A Rainbow!

#514683 Apr 3, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no friends
Psalm 116;11
I SAID IN MY HASTE,
ALL MAN ARE LIARS
I am very Happy to say that THEY are MY real Life Friends.. Not just cyber.. OUR Love is Real.. I am Many,Many friends...... I have very DEEP Love for a select few..

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#514684 Apr 3, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
You have written above your pic Jesus*Hope* and Faith,, and you can say that you have ''no problem with it''??
So how is it that you dont see it as Sinful ,, and God does??
Have you asked yourself how many people's souls/blood that you are going to have to give an account for,, because you dont ''witness the true word of Jesus to them''??
Please provide Bible passage in which Jesus tells anyone to abuse and judge anyone for any reason. Thank you kindly.

I See A Rainbow!

#514685 Apr 3, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no friends
Psalm 116;11
I SAID IN MY HASTE,
ALL MAN ARE LIARS
Just a Minute!! I know you!! You have No Nice words for anyone.. and YOU are not here to make friends..

I See A Rainbow!

#514686 Apr 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Dawn, that's very sweet of you, got off from work not too long ago and trying to unwind a little, how're you tonight?
Well, Scott.. I remeber everything about you,, and YOU have a Very Caring Jesus infused way about you.. I am OK.. I also worked this afternoon at one of my jobs.. Now I am Home Sweet Home..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#514687 Apr 3, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello there Lupy, THAT is is whole problem in a nutshell, like many he simply cannot believe.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#514688 Apr 3, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
You have said alot, but not answerd any of the questions..
So you are ok with having your ''friends blood'' on your hands then?
You are just gonna set by and say nothing to them, knowing what lays ahead for them? Dont think thats what i would call a friend, imo..
Jesus said no greater friend then one who lay down his life for them,, he died for sin and NOT for his followers to ignore it and condone it...
Hey mullet-head, get lost.

I See A Rainbow!

#514689 Apr 3, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LupyLu.. How are you today??? I am OK.. The SUN was shining brightly all day... in Michigan...

I See A Rainbow!

#514690 Apr 3, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Hey mullet-head, get lost.
Hi Hick-Up... I am back on the thread.. How have you been??

Since: Jul 08

Brunswick, OH

#514691 Apr 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
I teach about copyright law in technology.
Please post links to "plagarism in common discourse"
No you don't, or you would actually understand it.

You may, however, misinform students about it.

You've been schooled.

Deal with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Happy Lesbo 864,804
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min confrinting with ... 599,651
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 32 min andet1987 6,302
maa ko kaise choda jay (Mar '14) 1 hr anil 22
White Lives MATTER 1 hr Poov 89
Native American lives MATTER 1 hr Poov 1
About Natural Eye Care – Things to Improve Your... 2 hr sonyaroy 1
The Christian Atheist debate 5 hr ChristineM 2,009
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 hr Neelakaran 7,498
More from around the web