“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#514630 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You are a filthy, atheist liar.
So there!
Well played.

Incidentally, nobody need pity Dim for the drubbing he's taking. He's good with it. He was told that all he needed to do for it to end was to cease his slandering and implore me for forgiveness, and he preferred to maintain the relationship as it is. How much could he mind it?

It couldn't have been any easier or more certain than that, and yet he wasn't even slightly interested.

Maybe he needs it. Maybe he hasn't completely forgiven himself for whatever he has done. Religious types are especially fond of thinking of suffering as a purifying experience, especially Christians:

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." – Mother Teresa

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#514631 Apr 3, 2013

Fennario

#514632 Apr 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
you will likely be assigned 666 "tattooed" on your fore head or hand if you are still here when that time comes, lol.
Do you find that humorous? Don't indulge your sadistic side too much. People like Riverside Redneck and the Dimwit keep insisting that what goes on here doesn't matter or have any effect. I disagree.

As you may know, I reprint the most useful posts from Topix in emails to my local freethinker's group, with whom I'll be meeting today in about an hour. Quotes from actual Christians here are often quite startling to them, since very few of them have any way of examining a broad section of Christians in the way that any regular Topix poster has.

These quotes below, which I posted to them in a discussion of whether or not modern Christians would burn atheists at the stake if given the option, caused quite a little stir. The nauseated several, and probably changed a few minds. Be careful that you don't end up contributing the this list :

[1] "I am so thrilled that smelly greasy shit like you will endure thermal and mechanical tortures for eternity in Hell. Hopefully you are involved in a tragic metal crushing car accident, resulting in your beheadedness, you awful demented dehumanizing sack of trash." - Just Results at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB4V0KF...

[2] "You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones." - KJV at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

[3] "God needs no help he just lets us have some fun, he waiting to wipe you off the face of the earth because he said we need to have some fun. So he left 2.3% of all atheist on earth for us to torment." - Langoliers at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

==========

In the spirit of reciprocity and cross-pollination, let me share an email with the thread that I just sent to that local freethinkers association :

Thanks, Hank

From your link at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/nort... :

"The bill, filed Monday by two GOP lawmakers from Rowan County and backed by nine other Republicans, says each state "is sovereign" and courts cannot block a state "from making laws respecting an establishment of religion." The legislation was filed in response to a lawsuit to stop county commissioners in Rowan County from opening meetings with a Christian prayer, wral.com reported. The religion bill comes as some Republican-led states seek to separate themselves from the federal government, primarily on the issues of guns and Obamacare. This includes a proposal in Mississippi to establish a state board with the power to nullify federal laws."

As Mr. Burns from The Simpsons would say, "Excellent!"

The church is likely becoming increasingly marginalized as the American population opts for "None of the above" is religious surveys in growing numbers, probably in large part from its ridiculous and outdated anti-evolution propaganda, its ugly homophobia, its whining about an imaginary War On Christmas and other victim posturing, its unending litany of sex scandals, and the new voice for atheism (best sellers, billboards, entertainment media like Bill Maher, etc).

Now throw in affiliations with secessionists, gun advocates, and revoking health care for the poor, and I believe that you've got a dead church walking - dead in the sense of heading for social irrelevance, not in terms of disappearing from the world.

[IANS]

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#514633 Apr 3, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
If Yashua (who you call Jesus) celebrated it, and said "Do This in remembrance of Me" (which is both a request and a command) then why not? If the feast days were commanded and even your Christ adhered to then, then you who follow Him into His Kingdom, should you not do likewise? Did He not say come unto Him and He will give you rest? There's the problem, not a "Westernized religion' but more specifically, a Romanized Religion.
<quoted text>
Obviously I don't want Yashua HaMashiach to be done away with, heaven forbid. The Jews rejected Him, but they are still his chosen inheritance and salvation according to scripture is of the Jews. they will be punished in teh end time, much as they are persecuted now, but they will be reconciled to Him. remember friend, once you chose the faith of Abraham, you are no longer a gentile. I wonder how many knew that. So much perverted doctrines.
<quoted text>
Yes, and there will always be civil unrest among them until the King of Kings return. I really have no complaint of such, only that ignorance is not bliss in this case. One cannot hinge their salvation on an outright LIE forged from the pit of hell, yet come to the Truth, reject it yet still expect to be saved for their disobedience and hypocrisy and wickedness. Teaching others to live a lie and worship gods and
He said if you Love him, then leave your wife and family, everything basically and follow him. You know why? Because, they, like Lot's wife, cling to the world and its pleasures and will hold you back from the Kingdom. For they have rejected Him, so too if you follow Him likewise you shall be rejected also. It is not quantum physics my friend. I am talking about principle and purpose. If you refuse to examine it and not seek for yourself, then do so at your own risk. If I cared not for those in this thread, yea, those that I meet, then I would not have shared what I know now, and still have much to learn.
Shalom my friend.
Andrew (CS).
iyai! OK.

So you don't think the titles in the Brit Chadashah would suffice?

When I say communion, I mean the breaking of the bread and the drinking of the wine Jesus had with the disciples in the upper room before His crucifiction.

To me, that is the only ceremonial tradition a Christian needs to consider adhering to. It was not sarcasm, more like a shrug.

In fact, this is what in times the Lord of Host thinks of feasts days and celebrations days:
Isaiah1:
13“Bring your worthless offerings no longer,
Incense is an abomination to Me.
New moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies—
I cannot endure iniquity and the solemn assembly.

14“I hate your new moon festivals and your appointed feasts,
They have become a burden to Me;
I am weary of bearing them.

15“So when you spread out your hands in prayer,
I will hide My eyes from you;
Yes, even though you multiply prayers,
I will not listen...

16“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
Cease to do evil,

17Learn to do good;
Seek justice,
Reprove the ruthless,
Defend the orphan,
Plead for the widow.

]]]
The Lord of Hosts, says he [hates]some of these celebrations when the heart is corrupt and the believer fails to do good.

So I really do not think a Jesus Follower has any obligation to follow any feast days or celebrations from the torah except what Jesus said to remember him by which is breaking of the bread and drinking of the wine. Even feet washing to me is not something that needs to be done regularly. Although I believe a Jesus Follower should engage in feet washing at least one time in their faith walk. I was happy to see the Pope follow that example last week.

To me the Jesus Follower needs to focus on ONE thing, and on thing only. Getting their hearts right before YHWH on a daily basis.

That is it. Traditions, ceremonies and celebrations to me has no effect on salvation. They can choose, or not choose to engage.

Location hidden

#514634 Apr 3, 2013

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#514635 Apr 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you find that humorous? Don't indulge your sadistic side too much. People like Riverside Redneck and the Dimwit keep insisting that what goes on here doesn't matter or have any effect. I disagree.
As you may know, I reprint the most useful posts from Topix in emails to my local freethinker's group, with whom I'll be meeting today in about an hour. Quotes from actual Christians here are often quite startling to them, since very few of them have any way of examining a broad section of Christians in the way that any regular Topix poster has.
These quotes below, which I posted to them in a discussion of whether or not modern Christians would burn atheists at the stake if given the option, caused quite a little stir. The nauseated several, and probably changed a few minds. Be careful that you don't end up contributing the this list :
[1] "I am so thrilled that smelly greasy shit like you will endure thermal and mechanical tortures for eternity in Hell. Hopefully you are involved in a tragic metal crushing car accident, resulting in your beheadedness, you awful demented dehumanizing sack of trash." - Just Results at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB4V0KF...
[2] "You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones." - KJV at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
[3] "God needs no help he just lets us have some fun, he waiting to wipe you off the face of the earth because he said we need to have some fun. So he left 2.3% of all atheist on earth for us to torment." - Langoliers at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
==========
In the spirit of reciprocity and cross-pollination, let me share an email with the thread that I just sent to that local freethinkers association :
Thanks, Hank
From your link at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/nort... :
"The bill, filed Monday by two GOP lawmakers from Rowan County and backed by nine other Republicans, says each state "is sovereign" and courts cannot block a state "from making laws respecting an establishment of religion." The legislation was filed in response to a lawsuit to stop county commissioners in Rowan County from opening meetings with a Christian prayer, wral.com reported. The religion bill comes as some Republican-led states seek to separate themselves from the federal government, primarily on the issues of guns and Obamacare. This includes a proposal in Mississippi to establish a state board with the power to nullify federal laws."
As Mr. Burns from The Simpsons would say, "Excellent!"
The church is likely becoming increasingly marginalized as the American population opts for "None of the above" is religious surveys in growing numbers, probably in large part from its ridiculous and outdated anti-evolution propaganda, its ugly homophobia, its whining about an imaginary War On Christmas and other victim posturing, its unending litany of sex scandals, and the new voice for atheism (best sellers, billboards, entertainment media like Bill Maher, etc).
Now throw in affiliations with secessionists, gun advocates, and revoking health care for the poor, and I believe that you've got a dead church walking - dead in the sense of heading for social irrelevance, not in terms of disappearing from the world.
[IANS]
A atheist fool making other atheists fools Bigger fools. Nothing of consequence there.

Skombolis and Riverside Redneck is right, there is not much of a outside consequence behind this billboard except to those that choose to engage in discussion.

Do me a sincere favor and send this writing to your freethinking association, make sure you let them know I'm a Christian ~~grin~~

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#514636 Apr 3, 2013
Dang!! I have to scroll! People are spamming me..Soo What!! I am staying.. I come in Peace..

I See A Rainbow!

#514637 Apr 3, 2013
Never forgive if You are not ready to forget. Forgiveness is not something we do for other people, we do it for ourselves to get well and move on .

I See A Rainbow!

#514638 Apr 3, 2013
"LIFE" is a continuous challenge, a constant struggle, full of ups and downs. We are not made rich by what's in our pockets but by what's in our HEARTS

Location hidden

#514639 Apr 3, 2013
I called Dim a "filthy, Christian liar." Both Dim and you have objected to my inclusion of the word "Christian" in that phrase. Dim says it shows that I am bigoted against all Christians. And you say that the inclusion of Dim's religious affiliation was unfairly prejudicial.
To whom - Dim or Christianity? That is, do you think that I demean Christianity by tying the filthy lying Dim to it, or am I demeaning the filthy lying Dim by calling him a Christian?
Either way, I am glad that neither of you had a problem with the words "filth" or "liar." The problem in both cases was with the word "Christian."
I was just trying to offer Skom an arguable position to take.

He didn't seem interested in that.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#514640 Apr 3, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
How are ye my ol' land lubbin' friend. A true turkey pretendin' ta be a parrot.[Sigh] thanks givin's too far away sadly. Nice ta see ya again lad. Had anyone walk tha plank lately?
:)
Andrew (CS).
Greetings CS. I been pretty busy, so I just pop in and read a few here and there. No plank walk'n lately...too busy fer fun y'know. Hope yer well.
nurface

Barbourville, KY

#514641 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
How do you ''know'' they are Christians you dimwit??? I sure wish you atheist would take up an offering and donate it to science and see if they can come up with a solution to fix STUPIDTY for you guys!!! geesh.
These quotes below, which I posted to them in a discussion of whether or not modern Christians would burn atheists at the stake if given the option,
Its obvious you ''hate'' Christians/Christianity and all the above to the core.. Its absurd, but not uncommon for people like you to say such a thing.. They are many atheist and non christians in this world who would love to burn you at the stake if given the option, you idot! Heck some would even cut you up and eat you, but i would have to say they would DISREGARD YOUR BRAIN, because its already fried!! they like it raw....

Fennario

#514642 Apr 3, 2013
nurface wrote:
God is not real to you, eternal seperation from the abilty to feel love and peace and happiness etc etc, has no meaning to you.
You must have me confused with somebody else. My days are full, and I love life. Peace and happiness define my world. I wouldn't change a thing about my life except maybe to get the band back together. It's been ten years.

I have a few other goals, but no regrets, and nothing I would change. Not my wife nor my relationship with her. Not my house, my community, nor my life style. Not my friends, my interests nor my social life. I am completely at peace with myself, grateful to be alive, and I have no worries.

Can you say that?

I know that I had a lot of good luck - a lot. But I have also made some good choices, one of which included avoiding your religion. You're going to have a tough time convincing me that that was a mistake.
nurface wrote:
But yet you fight and argue with people to try and dis prove God,in which you dont even believe in..
That's not exactly what I do, but no matter. I mostly point out the faults of the church.
nurface wrote:
How much of your life have you spent doing that ???
I give this about two-and-a-half hours a day on average, and have for about four and a half years. You can check my math. The numerator is my total hours on Topix. The denominator is my total hours of life lived at age 58.5. Units are given separately. You can see that they cancel out to a dimensionless number, which is what a percentage should be:

(2.5 x 4.5 x 365)/(24 x 365 x 58.5)
(hrs/day)(yrs)(days/yr)/(24hr/ day)(365day/yr)(58.5 yrs)

Their ratio is 0.00801282051, meaning that I have spent about four fifths of a percent of my life on Topix. Is that what you wanted to know?

Fennario

#514643 Apr 3, 2013
nurface wrote:
Let me guess, you was raised and or probly lived a Christian life at one time, and then something tragic happened or you chose a ''different lifestyle'' and now you hate God for that?
Guess again.

Here's an excerpt of something I wrote previously. As you can seem, there was no hurtful event or hard feelings. I donpt hate your god any more than I hate Santa :

I remember my religious experience fairly well. I may have told you that it began at age nineteen or twenty. I felt that the religion should be treated like a pair of shoes that might not fit properly at first, but with time, would begin to feel right. You wouldn't give up on a new pair of shoes that were a little tight here or rubbed a little there if the experience wasn't painful. But with time, you expect that to go away.

So, as a new Christians, I didn't let the apparent inconsistencies dissuade me. Sure, I had doubt - plenty. But I also had a willingness to ignore it, and for a time, the ability to do so. I had hoped that my questions would be answered as a self-supporting edifice of understanding was erected in my mind. Your link asserts, "The New Testament’s complex and interwoven information is self supporting."

But that never happened. As time passed, the inconsistencies persisted. Eventually, I could see that the claims of the religion were wrong. If that hadn't mattered, I could have gone on even with the inconsistencies. But it did. The shoes never fit properly, and in the end, I had to cast them off and leave the church.

I See A Rainbow!

#514644 Apr 3, 2013
Your talent is Gods gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God....Enough said..

I See A Rainbow!

#514645 Apr 3, 2013
MY second to my very last post to Me from CBART..Might help someone here..We sure have alot of new friends here since I left last year...---->"Dawn, a follow on thought: Life itself is reputed to be a "Gift from your maker"...ie: GOD. Lived according to the many guidelines laid down by God and the elders of society, each person it is said has a chance to live and survive a gratifying,healthy and productive Life by following the basic rules and guidelines handed down by society and to do it in harmony,in peace and with considerable personal satisfaction making the experience of living itself a wonderful and gratifying experience. Spend some time thinking on these ideas and seeing yourself living happily and joyously. Jesus Christ promised not only a wonderful Life here on earth by following the "guidelines,h e also promised a eternity of happiness in the hereafter that will result if one observes the simple rules of happy,harmonious life while we are living here. It's pretty good deal." (Aug 6, 2011 | post #329992)

I See A Rainbow!

#514648 Apr 3, 2013
Concerning our friend Cbart....

MY very Last post from Cbart...This too.. Might help someone.He had a way with words.His words live on throughout this wsjlm thread...--->"Hi Dawn. That "team" stuff originated at the dawn of time when founders realized the path to harmonious life among people even in primitive societies lays in getting along and working with one another in some semblence of Harmony. Things just seem to go better when folks are getting along and tolerating ,even enjoying each others company. That's probably why according to Matheww the second commandment of the Bible revolves around loving your neighbor as you love oneself. Done right, it was and is clear that harmony and civility can add up to pleasant,even enjoyable living! Imagine that! The primitive "pre-Christia ns" even saw that Life could be downright enjoyable with folks just "getting along".That my seem "corny" or "wacky" but it beats bloody mayhem and broken bones and loss of a Life in silly disputes...Hmmmmm! Civilized is not a dirty word. "No Worries" is more than just a slogan then? EH?" (Aug 6, 2011 |

I See A Rainbow!

#514649 Apr 3, 2013
"The LORD Is MY Shepherd"

I See A Rainbow!

#514650 Apr 3, 2013
Hey watch the above video in BIG Screen.. YOU will get the Full-Effect.. and YES,, I am Back in the GOLDEN ROOM...LoVe ME or HaTe ME..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#514651 Apr 3, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you ''know'' they are Christians you dimwit??? I sure wish you atheist would take up an offering and donate it to science and see if they can come up with a solution to fix STUPIDTY for you guys!!! geesh.
<quoted text>
Its obvious you ''hate'' Christians/Christianity and all the above to the core.. Its absurd, but not uncommon for people like you to say such a thing.. They are many atheist and non christians in this world who would love to burn you at the stake if given the option, you idot! Heck some would even cut you up and eat you, but i would have to say they would DISREGARD YOUR BRAIN, because its already fried!! they like it raw....
we have been trying to fix Dr[do little] stupidity for weeks now, no such luck;)
so good luck with your endeavor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Leading FFXIV Gil & Final Fantasy XIV Powe... 40 min ffxivfans 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 49 min Bongo 56,066
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 53 min ChristineM 445,916
Gay jerk off 12-14 tinychat (Jan '14) 1 hr Rollando 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 44,963
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 442
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr trifecta1 971,801
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr RoSesz 650,329
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Tue akon mason 70
More from around the web