Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#514639 Apr 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I called Dim a "filthy, Christian liar." Both Dim and you have objected to my inclusion of the word "Christian" in that phrase. Dim says it shows that I am bigoted against all Christians. And you say that the inclusion of Dim's religious affiliation was unfairly prejudicial.
To whom - Dim or Christianity? That is, do you think that I demean Christianity by tying the filthy lying Dim to it, or am I demeaning the filthy lying Dim by calling him a Christian?
Either way, I am glad that neither of you had a problem with the words "filth" or "liar." The problem in both cases was with the word "Christian."
I was just trying to offer Skom an arguable position to take.

He didn't seem interested in that.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#514640 Apr 3, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
How are ye my ol' land lubbin' friend. A true turkey pretendin' ta be a parrot.[Sigh] thanks givin's too far away sadly. Nice ta see ya again lad. Had anyone walk tha plank lately?
:)
Andrew (CS).
Greetings CS. I been pretty busy, so I just pop in and read a few here and there. No plank walk'n lately...too busy fer fun y'know. Hope yer well.
nurface

Barbourville, KY

#514641 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
As you may know, I reprint the most useful posts from Topix in emails to my local freethinker's group, with whom I'll be meeting today in about an hour. Quotes from actual Christians here are often quite startling to them, since very few of them have any way of examining a broad section of Christians in the way that any regular Topix poster has.
How do you ''know'' they are Christians you dimwit??? I sure wish you atheist would take up an offering and donate it to science and see if they can come up with a solution to fix STUPIDTY for you guys!!! geesh.
These quotes below, which I posted to them in a discussion of whether or not modern Christians would burn atheists at the stake if given the option,
Its obvious you ''hate'' Christians/Christianity and all the above to the core.. Its absurd, but not uncommon for people like you to say such a thing.. They are many atheist and non christians in this world who would love to burn you at the stake if given the option, you idot! Heck some would even cut you up and eat you, but i would have to say they would DISREGARD YOUR BRAIN, because its already fried!! they like it raw....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#514642 Apr 3, 2013
nurface wrote:
God is not real to you, eternal seperation from the abilty to feel love and peace and happiness etc etc, has no meaning to you.
You must have me confused with somebody else. My days are full, and I love life. Peace and happiness define my world. I wouldn't change a thing about my life except maybe to get the band back together. It's been ten years.

I have a few other goals, but no regrets, and nothing I would change. Not my wife nor my relationship with her. Not my house, my community, nor my life style. Not my friends, my interests nor my social life. I am completely at peace with myself, grateful to be alive, and I have no worries.

Can you say that?

I know that I had a lot of good luck - a lot. But I have also made some good choices, one of which included avoiding your religion. You're going to have a tough time convincing me that that was a mistake.
nurface wrote:
But yet you fight and argue with people to try and dis prove God,in which you dont even believe in..
That's not exactly what I do, but no matter. I mostly point out the faults of the church.
nurface wrote:
How much of your life have you spent doing that ???
I give this about two-and-a-half hours a day on average, and have for about four and a half years. You can check my math. The numerator is my total hours on Topix. The denominator is my total hours of life lived at age 58.5. Units are given separately. You can see that they cancel out to a dimensionless number, which is what a percentage should be:

(2.5 x 4.5 x 365)/(24 x 365 x 58.5)
(hrs/day)(yrs)(days/yr)/(24hr/ day)(365day/yr)(58.5 yrs)

Their ratio is 0.00801282051, meaning that I have spent about four fifths of a percent of my life on Topix. Is that what you wanted to know?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#514643 Apr 3, 2013
nurface wrote:
Let me guess, you was raised and or probly lived a Christian life at one time, and then something tragic happened or you chose a ''different lifestyle'' and now you hate God for that?
Guess again.

Here's an excerpt of something I wrote previously. As you can seem, there was no hurtful event or hard feelings. I donpt hate your god any more than I hate Santa :

I remember my religious experience fairly well. I may have told you that it began at age nineteen or twenty. I felt that the religion should be treated like a pair of shoes that might not fit properly at first, but with time, would begin to feel right. You wouldn't give up on a new pair of shoes that were a little tight here or rubbed a little there if the experience wasn't painful. But with time, you expect that to go away.

So, as a new Christians, I didn't let the apparent inconsistencies dissuade me. Sure, I had doubt - plenty. But I also had a willingness to ignore it, and for a time, the ability to do so. I had hoped that my questions would be answered as a self-supporting edifice of understanding was erected in my mind. Your link asserts, "The New Testament’s complex and interwoven information is self supporting."

But that never happened. As time passed, the inconsistencies persisted. Eventually, I could see that the claims of the religion were wrong. If that hadn't mattered, I could have gone on even with the inconsistencies. But it did. The shoes never fit properly, and in the end, I had to cast them off and leave the church.

Since: Sep 08

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514644 Apr 3, 2013
Your talent is Gods gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God....Enough said..

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514645 Apr 3, 2013
MY second to my very last post to Me from CBART..Might help someone here..We sure have alot of new friends here since I left last year...---->"Dawn, a follow on thought: Life itself is reputed to be a "Gift from your maker"...ie: GOD. Lived according to the many guidelines laid down by God and the elders of society, each person it is said has a chance to live and survive a gratifying,healthy and productive Life by following the basic rules and guidelines handed down by society and to do it in harmony,in peace and with considerable personal satisfaction making the experience of living itself a wonderful and gratifying experience. Spend some time thinking on these ideas and seeing yourself living happily and joyously. Jesus Christ promised not only a wonderful Life here on earth by following the "guidelines,h e also promised a eternity of happiness in the hereafter that will result if one observes the simple rules of happy,harmonious life while we are living here. It's pretty good deal." (Aug 6, 2011 | post #329992)

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514648 Apr 3, 2013
Concerning our friend Cbart....

MY very Last post from Cbart...This too.. Might help someone.He had a way with words.His words live on throughout this wsjlm thread...--->"Hi Dawn. That "team" stuff originated at the dawn of time when founders realized the path to harmonious life among people even in primitive societies lays in getting along and working with one another in some semblence of Harmony. Things just seem to go better when folks are getting along and tolerating ,even enjoying each others company. That's probably why according to Matheww the second commandment of the Bible revolves around loving your neighbor as you love oneself. Done right, it was and is clear that harmony and civility can add up to pleasant,even enjoyable living! Imagine that! The primitive "pre-Christia ns" even saw that Life could be downright enjoyable with folks just "getting along".That my seem "corny" or "wacky" but it beats bloody mayhem and broken bones and loss of a Life in silly disputes...Hmmmmm! Civilized is not a dirty word. "No Worries" is more than just a slogan then? EH?" (Aug 6, 2011 |

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514649 Apr 3, 2013
"The LORD Is MY Shepherd"

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514650 Apr 3, 2013
Hey watch the above video in BIG Screen.. YOU will get the Full-Effect.. and YES,, I am Back in the GOLDEN ROOM...LoVe ME or HaTe ME..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#514651 Apr 3, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you ''know'' they are Christians you dimwit??? I sure wish you atheist would take up an offering and donate it to science and see if they can come up with a solution to fix STUPIDTY for you guys!!! geesh.
<quoted text>
Its obvious you ''hate'' Christians/Christianity and all the above to the core.. Its absurd, but not uncommon for people like you to say such a thing.. They are many atheist and non christians in this world who would love to burn you at the stake if given the option, you idot! Heck some would even cut you up and eat you, but i would have to say they would DISREGARD YOUR BRAIN, because its already fried!! they like it raw....
we have been trying to fix Dr[do little] stupidity for weeks now, no such luck;)
so good luck with your endeavor.
Adam

Germany

#514653 Apr 3, 2013
Homosexuals imitates Heterosexuals in the try to be married. One reason is tax relief other reason is child adoption which will tempt alot of gays to abuse childrens which aren´t their own or at least from one of them.Gays contradict us with their sexual orientation with same gender sex which is a imitation of some animals in their sexual behaviour.
Like I said in one of my previous comments before.Homosexuals are former humans in animals dress. Best proof is Happy Lesbo. They want to be liked and respected by us like animals with having equal rights as humans. Homosexuality is a sign of the devil.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#514654 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
You must have me confused with somebody else. My days are full, and I love life. Peace and happiness define my world. I wouldn't change a thing about my life except maybe to get the band back together. It's been ten years.
I have a few other goals, but no regrets, and nothing I would change. Not my wife nor my relationship with her. Not my house, my community, nor my life style. Not my friends, my interests nor my social life. I am completely at peace with myself, grateful to be alive, and I have no worries.
Can you say that?
I know that I had a lot of good luck - a lot. But I have also made some good choices, one of which included avoiding your religion. You're going to have a tough time convincing me that that was a mistake.
<quoted text>
That's not exactly what I do, but no matter. I mostly point out the faults of the church.
<quoted text>
I give this about two-and-a-half hours a day on average, and have for about four and a half years. You can check my math. The numerator is my total hours on Topix. The denominator is my total hours of life lived at age 58.5. Units are given separately. You can see that they cancel out to a dimensionless number, which is what a percentage should be:
(2.5 x 4.5 x 365)/(24 x 365 x 58.5)
(hrs/day)(yrs)(days/yr)/(24hr/ day)(365day/yr)(58.5 yrs)
Their ratio is 0.00801282051, meaning that I have spent about four fifths of a percent of my life on Topix. Is that what you wanted to know?
You're a lying atheist remember. Why should anyone believe you? You have shown your hateful and bigoted morals and ethics on the billboard and it has shown to be deficient in the most grotesque and unseemly manner.

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514655 Apr 3, 2013
&pl aynext=1&list=PL6C7E6584E7 1DC88A&feature=results_vid eo "Another version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow" This is dedicated to Old School Granny.. I love you,Sister Judy.. I am HOME Sweet Home.. Enjoy..

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514658 Apr 3, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexuals imitates Heterosexuals in the try to be married. One reason is tax relief other reason is child adoption which will tempt alot of gays to abuse childrens which aren´t their own or at least from one of them.Gays contradict us with their sexual orientation with same gender sex which is a imitation of some animals in their sexual behaviour.
Like I said in one of my previous comments before.Homosexuals are former humans in animals dress. Best proof is Happy Lesbo. They want to be liked and respected by us like animals with having equal rights as humans. Homosexuality is a sign of the devil.
Well,, ADAM.. Alittle judgimental arent we??? Gosh Darn! You act like MY Friends you mentioned have some kind of disease... What is your obsession with Gays and Lesbians??? I see no problem with it....To each their own...I can live with it..WHY cant you???? Here we go again!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#514660 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Well played.
Incidentally, nobody need pity Dim for the drubbing he's taking. He's good with it. He was told that all he needed to do for it to end was to cease his slandering and implore me for forgiveness, and he preferred to maintain the relationship as it is. How much could he mind it?
It couldn't have been any easier or more certain than that, and yet he wasn't even slightly interested.
Maybe he needs it. Maybe he hasn't completely forgiven himself for whatever he has done. Religious types are especially fond of thinking of suffering as a purifying experience, especially Christians:
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." – Mother Teresa
I apologize for the filthy, atheist liar comment.

What I meant to say was foul, fibbing non-believer...

Please forgive me.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#514661 Apr 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Good morning, God! Thank you for this day. Thank you for meeting my needs. I come to You today, asking that You will increase my faith. I want my faith to be as "the grain of mustard seed that can move mountains" and as constant as Your love for me. Please move in my life and strengthen my spirit through Your Holy Spirit. May I be a faithful witness for You, my Lord. In Jesus name I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#514662 Apr 3, 2013
Frisco Rose wrote:
You all put way too much faith in Jesus.
That is one of the shortest and most foolish statements I've ever read.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#514663 Apr 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, we don't know. But we have to be ready to recognize it when it comes.
That's true, but since we are not certain how far off that time is, it may or may not happen in our lifetime.

Peace.

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#514664 Apr 3, 2013
Isaiah 40;17
All nations before Him are as nothing and they are counted to Him kess than nothing,and vanity
18/
TO WHOM THEN WILL YE LIKEN GOD?OR WHAT LIKENESS WILL YE COMPARE UNTO HIM?

isaiah 41;24
BEHOLD YOU ARE OF NOTHING,AND YOUR WORKS(HERE ON THE TOPIC AND DAILY LIFE)OF NOUGHT,

AN ABOMINATION IS THAT CHOSETH YOU(listen you,respond to you, and discuss with you atheists)

even your prayers are abominations to God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min oneear69 688,778
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 23 min Johnny 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min Demothieves 37,093
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 32 min Johnny 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 988,532
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 55 min My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr oneear69 121,925
More from around the web