Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#514487 Apr 3, 2013
Frisco Rose wrote:
You all put way too much faith in Jesus.
I had faith in Tesla until a ballast burned out the other night leaving me in the dark.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#514488 Apr 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED** This of course left HL in the uneviable position of explaining how someone who claims to be in a demo that gets targeted for bigotry while claiming as a gay woman its ok to call someone a "filthy gay liar" depending on whats true.
.. these are your words, not mine ..

.. it's socially inappropriate to call anyone a "filthy, lying" anything. But, if true, it's fact, not bigotry ..

1. You are a handsome, intelligent Christian man.
2. You are an ugly, dumb Christian man.

.. if Statement #2 is bigotry, Statement #1 is also bigotry ..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#514490 Apr 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. when I was SKYPING with Mrs. AINS, she offered to show me his typical breast examination of a woman ..
.. what do you think ??..
lil whispers wrote:
Keep thy hands to thyself.
No not touch.
No not wish.
No not dream.
That's depressing.

Somebody was asking about what pleasures one sacrifices unnecessarily for being a Christian. Fantasizing and lusting are harmless pleasures in a mature adult. So is joking about them, as Happy Lesbo did.

Where she and I get a thrill, I suspect that you get some dysphoric experience. How is that good for you?

From the pen of the poet:

"Well, they showed you a statue, told you to pray.
They built you a temple and locked you away.
Aw, but they never told you the price that you pay
for things that you might have done."

With Established Harem

#514491 Apr 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>The short version is I have a short temper, dont like to lose, tend to disproportionately hammer someone that comes after me as exceeding self-defense seems to be a theme with me.**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
.. there was a purpose to the little exercise you found offensive ..

.. your admitted need to defend is a product of the negative side of an ego fighting for its very survival ..

.. when a person stops protecting, defending and justifying, it's rather painful but, with time, it becomes easier ..

.. use your intellect, think of this post in the abstract, don't take it personal. This very thread is an example of the havoc created when a negative ego is in charge ..

Fennario

#514492 Apr 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Your bigotry seeps through a majority of your posts and it easily seen. Whatever reasons you have for not liking me personally doesn't rationalize away your prejudice towards all Christians
Nah, it's pretty much just you that I dislike on this thread. I may exchange words with some of the others - Jiuce, G_O_D, Trifecta, Serah - but I don't dislike them. I just don't like some of the things the said at various times.

With you, it's different. I post to you in a very different tone than I do to any of them, don't I?

I don't dislike Christians. I dislike you. That's not bigotry. And using that word will not deflect the stigma from you if I don't let it.
Skombolis wrote:
You have said you have a low opinion of most Christians
*I have no interest in what you think I said. Show me the words with a link, or STFU. I need to see the context.
Skombolis wrote:
yet you don't know even close to 1% of the total number of Christians
Are you serious? Have you ever commented on the taste and crunch of apples? Had you tried over 1% of them?

Do you have an opinion about McDonalds or Subway? Had you experienced over 1% of them?

With Established Harem

#514493 Apr 3, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>**POSTED TO CHESS**
I am sorry that I plagiarised in December. I am sorry that I called you a liar and I am sorry for my involvement in this argument as well as the awful things I've posted to you. I am sorry CJ.
.. well done ..

With Established Harem

#514494 Apr 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think IANS and Skom are friends. What do friends like doing more than anything else?
Talking to each other.
Friends don't always agree. You have to look deep down.
You don't have to be my friend but we can probably learn things from each other. What better gift is there?
.. I like you, you like SKOM, SKOM likes me. Hard to believe ??..

Fennario

#514495 Apr 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You regularly use 'church' as an interchangeable way to attack Christians
You still can't understand this, can you?
Skombolis wrote:
You make posts regularly alluding to the overall lack of empathy and ethics of Christians in general
You're lying here.
Skombolis wrote:
You have made comments like "you are worthless and so is your religion"

How does that reflect on Christians other than you?
Skombolis wrote:
and have made being Christian synonymous with an insult; "you are nothing but a filthy Christian liar"
You're the one calling the word "Christian" an insult. The insults I provided were "filthy" and "liar." You lie, your posting is filth, and you are a Christian.
Skombolis wrote:
You have promoted the idea that all churches are corrupt
Nope.

*See comment marked "*" above for the explanation of why your recollection of your understanding of what I wrote not accompanied by the original words and link is simply rejected out of hand. Put up or STFU.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#514496 Apr 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I had faith in Tesla until a ballast burned out the other night leaving me in the dark.
Isn't Tesla a brand of kettle?

With Established Harem

#514497 Apr 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don;t wear pantys either
.. what size do you take ??..

.. if you want, I can lend you a pair ..

With Established Harem

#514498 Apr 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>**POSTED TO G_O_D**
Just as I thought.
A mouse of an academic.
You posted THAT to impress?
.. Catch, are you still suffering from jet lag ??..

With Established Harem

#514499 Apr 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
P.S. Did you notice all of Dr. Shrink's posts have been removed? Do you miss him?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that the thread collapsed like a sinkhole and lost about twenty pages a few days ago. Is that why?
.. yep. If we lose Adam & Dr. Reality, what will we debate ??..

Fennario

#514500 Apr 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
As usual, you don't understand what the scripture is saying [/QUOTE

Of the two of us, I am the one that can comprehend the printed word and repeat it back intact.

[QUOTE who="Skombolis"]Prov erbs 28:9
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law even his prayer shall be abomination.
That's you. You broke the law. You were arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced to prison for it, were you not?
Skombolis wrote:
I have always promoted the need to fulfill the law and be saved by Grace.
Really? Didn't you post somewhere that you did time? You weren't saved by grace. You were paroled by the Department of Corrections, correct?
Skombolis wrote:
You will never understand my relationship with God
Of course I will. And do. You felt guilt and shame, got all godded up, and now feel forgiven. Your "relationship with God" is your relationship with your own mind that allows you to forgive yourself.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#514501 Apr 3, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
OH
Adam is a muslim, that is an abrahamic beleif, the same as christianity.
Still, I owe him an apology, for calling him the most vile name there is....
Yes, they do say Christianity is Abrahamic. Quite odd.

:)

Shalom Mr. 44

CS.

With Established Harem

#514502 Apr 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. doesn't this (prayer) teach humility, a noble virtue?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that this teaches more than humility. It teaches a lack of self-worth and a sense of dependency and inferiority. I think that's the point.**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
.. look at the rainbow, take a moment to reflect on its magnificence. You're humbled, right? Does that feeling efface your self-worth, dependence or inferiority ??..

.. isn't prayer a form of reflection, an acknowledgement of the beauty and wonder of life? How in the world does that create self-hate or a sense of inferiority ??..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#514503 Apr 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. these are your words, not mine ..
.. it's socially inappropriate to call anyone a "filthy, lying" anything. But, if true, it's fact, not bigotry ..
1. You are a handsome, intelligent Christian man.
2. You are an ugly, dumb Christian man.
.. if Statement #2 is bigotry, Statement #1 is also bigotry ..
Neither are bigotry if not based on a person's race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, language, socioeconomic status, etc.

The statements could be either true or false though without bigotry.

I try not to be a bigot. I try to base my opinions of others on their individual merits or lack there of.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#514504 Apr 3, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Tesla a brand of kettle?
Nicola Tesla is the scientist responsible for the technology behind florescent and neon lights.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#514505 Apr 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what size do you take ??..
.. if you want, I can lend you a pair ..
Silk ?
If I have to wear them I want silk ones.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#514506 Apr 3, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe your right--
Jesus Christ was born, while it was still cold , and the promise of a messiah was born!
I believe your right--
It was around spring time when Jesus Christ was crucified, and in three days, He AROSE!
Interesting....
Very interesting indeed.

Counter_Strike

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#514507 Apr 3, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, The Bible gives no specific time or date of Cristmas or His resurection, But December is close to the Birth of Christ, because of some discription of the surroundings of the time. And as it was a Pagan idea, The BIRTH of a Messiah, a Savior, to save us from our Sins, is very much worth CELEBRATING ,, and GIVING to one another. To the ones that BELIEVE in Jesus Christ.
At times we don't celebrate our own family's Birthdays on the EXACT day of their Birthdays---but it still means the same to them.
His RESURECTIION, is indeed the day for Celebrating---The Bible doesn't give the EXACT day of His resurection, but again this is close in the times described in the Bible, besides,(the Romans was too LAZY, to stand out in the COLD , putting those stakes in the ground! LOL) His resurection was propheside (in 3 days He would arise from the dead) This is also showing PROOF of "Those who BELIEVE in Jesus , will have Everlasting life!
Why does it bother you that we Celebrate these times?
Hmm...
Quite interesting.

CS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 2 min TRUMP WINNERS 23
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 8 min Buck Crick 583
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 17 min Elerby 162
The Future of Politics in America 18 min Buck Crick 251
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Gods r Delusions ... 665,376
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 33 min RiversideRedneck 88,225
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min RiversideRedneck 977,371
More from around the web