“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#514302 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I'll give you the child argument. People just learning English may do it once.
Let's be clear. Adam is a bigot. Poster child. Nuff said.
At least he's not charismatic.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#514303 Apr 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Just place each in prayer and let God do the rest.
Best way to deal with it my friend, goodnight.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#514304 Apr 2, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense is someone who doesnít know what they are talking about trying to tell me/others how ignorant Christians and their beliefs are. Who tell others that what they are doing or saying is not the thing to do or say but yet are doing the thing themselves, sometime at the very time they are calling the person on doing it. Someone who calls another a bigot when they are disagreed with but are bigots themselves, etcÖ
Iím not nor am I trying to deny you an education. Iím just not into listening/reading such nonsense. Nor do I like playing the games some like to play.
I may not relish reading all your posts and I defiantly donít agree with your thinking but it seems to me from what I have read that you and HL could find better friends. You seem to have more sense than some of the other of the gang. JMO. But you choose who to be friends with.
HFN
Definition of NONSENSE
1
a : words or language having no meaning or conveying no intelligible ideas
b (1): language, conduct, or an idea that is absurd or contrary to good sense (2): an instance of absurd action
2
a : things of no importance or value : trifles
b : affected or impudent conduct <took no nonsense from subordinates>
3
: genetic information consisting of one or more codons that do not code for any amino acid and usually cause termination of the molecular chain in protein synthesis

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#514305 Apr 2, 2013
Classic.."Life is Like A Box Of Chocolates"[thanks for reminding me of this Riversideredneck.......]

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#514306 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
Let's start without a preconceived idea of what IANS, HL and Tide are.
Let's put aside our beliefs in religion (OK, let's leave IANS out of this :)
Let's look at you, me, Tide and HL.
I like kittens.
LoL....u make me smile in a good way. Do I think HL or Tide are bad people despite my personal conflicts with them and objections to how they go about some things? No. For the most part as far as Topix rivals go I harbor liittle to no animosity towards either as they are decent folks. But HL imo wants to be liked and coddled instead of just being honest that she is in there mixing it up just like most of us. She hasnt taken the higher road. And I think Tide will defend anything certain others say or do but wont admit thats the motivation. All the other stuff imo is a bi-product of them not being honest about their motives. If they do that I have no problem as like I said i think for the most part they are decent ppl.(T) PEACE

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#514307 Apr 2, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Scott.. His health unfortunately is failing fast..We have a hospital bed set up in the living room.. He is going in for more life-Saving surgery on April 12... Keep him in your daily prayers,Please..Its not easy for him...... How was your Easter?????
Hello Dawn, I don't celebrate Easter my friend, but I rested up some last weekend, I am sorry t5o hear about your husband failing health, I hope his coming surgery goes well for him, and I will certainly keep him in my prayers and you as well, and just to mention what you already know..........lean on Jesus my sister.

Blessings.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#514308 Apr 2, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CJh59vZ8cccXX Classic.."Life is Like A Box Of Chocolates"[thanks for reminding me of this Riversideredneck.......]
Dawn, this is not a spiritual hymn posted below, but I've found some inspiration in it's lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#514309 Apr 2, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Steve,, Nice to see you again.. Geez,, the conversation here is Amazing.. I missed you.. I am back.. Hopefully for Good..
Take care,Brother..
Hey big sis!! Was just working my way to your first post when I saw this. Welcome back:)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#514310 Apr 2, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a ignorant. Son of the evil spirit.
OTay.

Any more words of wisdom?

Where did Shrink go?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#514311 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
OTay.
Any more words of wisdom?
Where did Shrink go?
Did you make up your own vagina?

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#514312 Apr 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Dawn, I don't celebrate Easter my friend, but I rested up some last weekend, I am sorry t5o hear about your husband failing health, I hope his coming surgery goes well for him, and I will certainly keep him in my prayers and you as well, and just to mention what you already know..........lean on Jesus my sister.
Blessings.
OH?? I am not going to ask why? you dont celebrate easter.You have your personal reasons.. I will say.. Jesus has Risen... He is very much alive,, and YES,,Scott.. I am Leaning on Jesus every day I live.. I know Life is a Gift.. Its very Precious.. fred also received 2 units of blood when he went into Emergency 2 weeks ago.. I am going to Promote how Donating Blood,,,,,Does save Lives.. HE is living proof...he has A possitive blood.. and I have O negative blood.. Wasnt a match.. It sure is a wonderful feeling to be back amongst people I love..

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#514313 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I can do you one better and be even more specific. When I said "they" I meant specifically Tide and HL...in the past I have seen them not only be outspoken as to how against bigotry they are but get on others for either being bigoted or not speaking out. Yet when their friend (Ians) engages in it they bend over backwards to excuse and minimize it in any and every rationale possible. Then at the end Tide did a 180 degree turn finally admitting using demographics (race, gender, belief, orientation, etc) as an insult is bigotry. This of course left HL in the uneviable position of explaining how someone who claims to be in a demo that gets targeted for bigotry while claiming as a gay woman its ok to call someone a "filthy gay liar" depending on whats true. Tide at the very end tried to use my distinction of whether someone can say bigoted things without being bigoted.They sold out imo to defend each other
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#514314 Apr 2, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Here For now.. Red hearts are from me to you.. I have missed you.. I talked to LupyLu and decided to come back where I belong..All refreshed and rejuvenated.. If you had "Messaging" I could fill you in on husbands condition.. Hes in dire straights.. Keep him in your daily Prayers for Restored Health,Complete Healing,and Complete Recovery.. I would mention it here on the public thread..BUT I actually think many dont give a ratts assssssss about whats going on with anyones life.. Except an Elite group that i know and love.... I have been reading.. Thread sure has changed.. I left about 1 year ago..Everything was in an uproar here... how have you been,Friend/Sister??
Hey Life Lover,
Thank you for the hearts.

Iím sorry about your husband. I fell for you L Lover. I will pray for him.

Yes the thread is not the same. But we have been through this before, some that think they know all coming in here to educate us. LOL

Iím good L L. Just like most others I have had my ups and downs but also had God with me through it all. I know things are hard on you but I hope you have had some easier/better days to my friend. A little more than a year ago I lost my dad, then less than a year after that I lost my Brother. Four day after loosing my Brother I lost my Uncle. But if I could would I call them back to this life away from the peace and wonderful heaven they are living in now? No, I wouldnít want anyone to do that to me. Anyway Sister, time heals.

You have been away for quite awhile. It is good to see you again. Maybe some of the others will check in too.
HFN

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#514315 Apr 2, 2013
http://www.redcrossblood.org/ Someone saved my husbands life 2 weeks ago.. He received donated blood.. 2 units in the Hospital.. I am promoting "Please donate Blood to the Red Cross.." It could Save a Life.. I am Grateful for the donor..

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#514316 Apr 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
1 Corinthians 16:1-2
Now about the collection for God's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.
---
And when Paul met with believers in Troas to worship and celebrate communion, they gathered on the first day of the week:
Acts 20:7
On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight.
----
Christian groups that adhere to a Sunday Sabbath feel that the Lord's command was not specifically for the seventh day, but rather, one day out of the seven week days.
By changing the Sabbath to Sunday, or the day the Jesus resurrected, they feel it symbolically represents the acceptance of Jesus Christ.
Actually it was changed by the Roman Emperor so it wouldn't interfere with worship of Saturn on Saturn's Day (Saturday)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#514317 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I can do you one better and be even more specific. When I said "they" I meant specifically Tide and HL...in the past I have seen them not only be outspoken as to how against bigotry they are but get on others for either being bigoted or not speaking out. Yet when their friend (Ians) engages in it they bend over backwards to excuse and minimize it in any and every rationale possible. Then at the end Tide did a 180 degree turn finally admitting using demographics (race, gender, belief, orientation, etc) as an insult is bigotry. This of course left HL in the uneviable position of explaining how someone who claims to be in a demo that gets targeted for bigotry while claiming as a gay woman its ok to call someone a "filthy gay liar" depending on whats true. Tide at the very end tried to use my distinction of whether someone can say bigoted things without being bigoted.They sold out imo to defend each other
I can't speak to what Tide or HL said.

Most of the time, I have no idea what IANS is saying. I know my limitations but even as dumb as I am, I know he means it.

I think Tide is trying to convey the difference between bigotry and general dislike. I'll need to think about that a little farther.

HL is just trying to impress me because she likes the feathers. Peacock :)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#514318 Apr 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
... here is the stock answer you will get from now on:
LupyLu is a plagarist -- a literary thief...
You are still a proven liar, stalker and drunk.

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#514319 Apr 2, 2013
~It's easy to stand with the crowd, it takes Courage to stand alone.~

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#514320 Apr 2, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense is someone who doesnít know what they are talking about trying to tell me/others how ignorant Christians and their beliefs are. Who tell others that what they are doing or saying is not the thing to do or say but yet are doing the thing themselves, sometime at the very time they are calling the person on doing it. Someone who calls another a bigot when they are disagreed with but are bigots themselves, etcÖ
Iím not nor am I trying to deny you an education. Iím just not into listening/reading such nonsense. Nor do I like playing the games some like to play.
I may not relish reading all your posts and I defiantly donít agree with your thinking but it seems to me from what I have read that you and HL could find better friends. You seem to have more sense than some of the other of the gang. JMO. But you choose who to be friends with.
HFN
Thank you for speaking freely.

I can be friends with anybody. Does it bother you that I'm an atheist? Does it bother you that I'm a lesbian? It doesn't bother me that you're neither of those.

We all have opinions, right?

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#514321 Apr 2, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you make up your own vagina?
This is a very strange comment!!! River Tam is a female.. What the heck kind of comment is that???Geez!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min atemcowboy 558,841
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min BenAdam 773,394
Moses never existed 5 min UWarRaceMaKEWORLD... 717
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min UWarRaceMaKEWORLD... 4,678
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 min andet1987 5,701
bless the jews (Nov '08) 10 min Alive jews freedom 7,047
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min AN NFL FAN 119,633
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min WasteWater 264,975
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Catcher1 175,509
More from around the web