Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#514347 Apr 2, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CJh59vZ8cccXX Classic.."Life is Like A Box Of Chocolates"]
Hey LL... Always good to see you again Sister friend. You have done so well for so long with your man, and are a God send for him... you know that. What you are doing with all in your power to keep him comfortable in your Love too, is always seen. You have the strength to hold on. It is never easy.

The year that I lost my very young husband, his mum went the 2 months before, and his dad a month before that. A brother followed within 3 more months. But we are never given more than we can cope with, and with Jesus by our side... that says a lot. I did re-marry, but that man died too... so between my very young mum when 18, and later my dad... I believe before I was 38 I was truly strengthened to carry on.

We never forget you Sister Friend, and carry you in Love and Prayer always. God give you all that you need. Mercy carol lost her husband too a year or 2 back.
Blessing always filled with His Peace.(((*()*)) Koala hugs xx

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#514348 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I actually have no problem with what I believe you truly believe. This is my view on what happened. You saw Ians make some comments that looked bad and that you knew I was going to hammer him on so you tried to have his back.
Your view is incorrect.

Who would know? Me.

I'm telling you.

I reacted to your accusations. The justification you sited for calling IANS a liar was based in error. The justification you sited for calling IANS a bigot was insufficient.
Skombolis wrote:
Have I argued and probably even won debates at time where the motivation was the same?
What was my motivation?
Skombolis wrote:
sure. But not on something as important as bigotry. Its why despite all the times Catcher and I have gone at it I set aside my personal like of RR to support Catcher because the subject of the death penalty was more important to me than alliances. Now its not a comparable situation as far as you are much closser to Ians than I am to RR so I dont expect you necesarrily to speak out against.him. But at some point imo you should have asked yourself "what the hell am I trying to defend here"? if the line between loyalty and ethics is getting that blurred.u need to sit it out but u never do.
The most I do is keep quiet when I disagree with a friend, but I rarely even need to do that. Nor would I want to in most cases.

A disagreement between friends is an opportunity.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#514350 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>

HL is just trying to impress me because she likes the feathers. Peacock :)
Haha

I just got home. Probably going to end on that note!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#514351 Apr 2, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
RT it bothers me in what it means for you, according to my beliefs. I do think God says in the bible that both are wrong and I believe the Bible is Gods word. But like I have said before, so are a lot of other things wrong. I don’t think it mean you are not a nice person. It does not decide whether I like someone or not. I have met Christians that I am not overly fond of. Some ones actions, what they do or how they treat others is what I think matters. I’m sorry I can’t agree that it is not a sin. I also realize that I have not been there so I probably don’t understand it all like you do. With me though God has the last word. He is the one who decides.
HFN
I'm good with that HFN. You let me live my life the way I do and I'll let you live yours.

Deal?

We'll be friends in this life and play our cards on the other side, right? I have a full house. There ladies on top.

:-)

Let's be friends.

Location hidden

#514352 Apr 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The justification you sited for calling IANS a bigot was insufficient.
Calling someone a filthy Christian liar is insufficient?

Despite FINALLY admitting at the end of all this nonsense tonight that FINALLY yes it is bigotry to use demographics as insults.

You know what, you just keep showing me I am trying too hard to give you the benefit of the doubt. Either your pride won't allow you, you are completely blind, or simply won't be honest

We are right back where we started

Maintain whatever you want.
Adam

Germany

#514353 Apr 2, 2013
@Lifelover

HELLLOOO Sweetie???if you are a female.
Hellloooo??? I said I apologize if it´s true.
You can never know who you're talking to.
I am much too adult for childish Games. I am not here to play O am here to tell the truth,

Location hidden

#514354 Apr 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>

Better people than me might drop this.
You were right to bring this problem to me

If there is one thing I am good at its knowing when to drop things

What? You didn't have me in mind when you said that?

This night just keeps getting crazier

:)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#514355 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good with that HFN. You let me live my life the way I do and I'll let you live yours.
Deal?
We'll be friends in this life and play our cards on the other side, right? I have a full house. There ladies on top.
:-)
Let's be friends.
OK RT we can give friendship a try.:) I would rather be friends than argue all the time, friend.
HFN

Location hidden

#514356 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Lots but its too late to get into detail now. The short version is I have a short temper, dont like to lose, tend to disproportionately hammer someone that comes after me as exceeding self-defense seems to be a theme with me. My feeling is dont play the game if you dont know the rules. But the flip side is Im supposed to be trying to be more like Christ which means I shouldnt take everything as a personal challange and go for the jugular. A lot of times imo Im right. But a lot of times that becomes incidental as how I go about being right can be as bad as being wrong. Well thats it for introspection for tonight:) Sleep well my friend
I have no rules. Well, except for the ones I make up. They're subject to change at my whims.

Once again:

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#514357 Apr 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No no Le le, I'm going to find the time for you. I wouldn't dream of disappointing you. You cant help but interject your thoughts into my posts so I know how important I am to you.
Dont worry, It'll be fun..........
This is exactly what you have been doing to me for years.
You Larry- have always interjected your thoughts into my posts..I have always
been able to count on you coming from nowhere- and trying to
dismiss my opinions.. no matter what..

I have never wanted to engage you on any thread -
for any reason- but to defend myself from you (here)..like I said you don't interest me.

I gave you a bit of your own medicine the other day.just to
pinch ya a bit.
And look at your reaction.

Larry, truth be told- you have always and forever made time
for me here
on wsjlm..So..carry on.

I have never found it fun..but, what the heck,,I'll play.

Since: Sep 08

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514358 Apr 2, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn´t sound like to me. I apologize if it´s true what you say. Dare if not.
Let me try this again.Sorry I got so irate with you.. and YES,, its true what I say.. You seem to be a daily fixture here... May I ask,,, HOW come?? All you bring is Grief.. Its just Not Cool..

Location hidden

#514359 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in Kindergarten. I used the wrong glue and now I'm stuck with it.
At least I didn't use the pencil like you did.
Oh well, right?
It takes intelligence to be truly funny. That was funny on multiple levels. Delivery, conciseness, turning it around, self-deprecating humor while being good natured, nonchalance...that had it all!

I don't use icons but saw someone left a brilliant and a funny. If I were to use them I would have chose those two as well

(skom tips his hat)

Now...off to bed for real:)

Location hidden

#514360 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Maybe you arent doing it intentionally but when you find yourself claiming "filthy gay liar" isnt bigoted or depends on context or whether someone is actually gay....trust me, you have allowed bias to creep in.
"filthy gay liar" sans the context, is just insensitive. I will not jump to conclusions.

You could cite that phrase in addition to others in the support of a position that a person is a bigot. Alone it would not suffice. The language itself is not bigoted.

When I say, "sexy Asian lesbian", I'm not saying that all Asians are sexy or that they're all lesbians.

You can't even demonstrate prejudice without context.
Skombolis wrote:
I know just from reading your other posts in most situations there is no way you are on the front lines trying to minimize that. Jmo. But again, I dont think your personal perspective changed. I just think at absolute best you are trying to give a benefit of the doubt u wouldnt consider with 99% of other ppl if they said that same thing. And thats me trying my hardest to give u the benefit. For someone who argues against bigotry u should know better. anyway its getting late
RiversideRedneck said that he would disown his sons if they were gay. I called him a bigot for that. He later explained himself, so I don't call him a bigot for that anymore. He may still be a bigot but I don't generally accuse people of such things without a good reason and a lot of evidence.

I don't think I've ever called anyone a liar on Topix either. It's damn near impossible to demonstrate. I think outright dishonesty is pretty rare.

Location hidden

#514361 Apr 2, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
OK RT we can give friendship a try.:) I would rather be friends than argue all the time, friend.
HFN
Being friends doesn't mean we're not going to argue.

Look at G_O_D and Chess Jurist.

Look at Skom and IANS.

Look at Tide and I. I disagree with the Tidy Whiteys but does he listen? NO.

He makes me wear them.

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514362 Apr 2, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie,if you are a female.Hellloooo? I said I apologize if it´s true. One can never know.
I am much too for childish games. I am not here to play.
Hi Adam.. Guess what??? newsflash!! I am female.. As a matter a fact,, We have many,many females here.We out number the Gentleman......... We do have many special Gentlemen that survived the storm..believe me.. OUR thread has many.. BUT we are a strong bunch..We are survivors... FYI-->I left here over a year ago..because it got too HOT in the kitchen.. I couldnt handle it.. My depression fell on the heals of the untimely deaths of 3 posters I dearly loved.. "Micah" "Cbart" and "HAM".......I needed to move on for my sanity.. I would Love to look back and Grab one of Cbarts last post here.. My friend/sister truths was Kind enough to talk to Cbarts grieving beloved wife and GIVE her his Post for His Memorial Service...Might help someone... Hang on.. WE will be alright..ADAM... and I know for a fact..GOD doesnt give us any more than we can handle.. I forgive you..

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#514363 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You were right to bring this problem to me
If there is one thing I am good at its knowing when to drop things
What? You didn't have me in mind when you said that?
This night just keeps getting crazier
Actually not.

I had AnnieJ and NoStress in mind.

If you want added to the list, I'm good with that.

Location hidden

#514364 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
My Dad won't sneeze. He still has to but he makes no noise. It freaks me out. I'm sure he has a reason for that. I actually know the reason for that but I try to forget it. It's weird how dangerous times just become times before.
Watch my big wheel while I'm gone?

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514365 Apr 2, 2013
REPOSTING one of Cbarts very last posts.. MIGHT help someone here---->Release I let go and let God guide me. As a child I may have enjoyed releasing balloons into the air and watching them gently float away, higher and higher, until they disappeared from view. In much the same way, I release any thoughts or beliefs that no longer serve my highest good. I picture them encased in a balloon, and I gently let them go. I release the situations to God in prayerful consciousness. No longer will old sorrows, negativity or fear control me. As I release the past, I accept the joy of God that awaits me in this present moment. I now open my mind and my life to a greater good and go forward eagerly and happily in the knowledge that today has new joy, new health, new freedom for me. Yield yourselves to the Lord and come to his sanctuary.--2 Chronicles 30:8 Ignore the negative, meanies mixed in this gaggle of disturbed folks. They are easily avoided. Know that in time you will begin to recieve your "guidance " and the whispers will become clear and the signals will have a quiet certainess you'll come to count on. This is a process and a dynamic process of gradual change that cannot be rushed or schemed.Accept your role as a chosen one and keep your resolve to surrender your faulty selfwill over to your GOD. Accept your Gifts willingly and patiently. Start practicing gratitude and plan for the day when you will guide others in the acceptance of the gifts you are about to recieve.Practice, Practice belief.(Aug 6, 2011 | post #330021)

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#514366 Apr 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually not.
I had AnnieJ and NoStress in mind.
If you want added to the list, I'm good with that.
Chess,, Are you making a list now?? I guess I missed it.. What for???

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#514367 Apr 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Better people than me might drop this.
Thanks for admitting you are a stalker.
Four months over a single post. You are quite obsessed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Rednek 71,851
I travel a lot and it affects my dating life 11 min lance63 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Michael 699,463
News Ex-Teacher Back in Jail (May '06) 37 min nutzaplente 4
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 46 min Johnny 56
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 1 hr Johnny 9
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 1 hr Johnny 133
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Big Al 995,081
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Big Al 447,425