Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#514284 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Bigots always express bigotry through ignorance.
I would have to agree with that.

Still, if a child were to say things that we would think of as bigoted, they may be expressing the bigotry of their parents instead of their own. People who are just learning English may say things that could be labeled as bigoted language without being bigoted.

It's not at all necessary to think that you're a bigot to be a bigot, but the intent and level of understanding a person has is relevant to any evaluation or judgement of a person.
River Tam wrote:
Grey is my favourite color, ya know?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7xY1hgUPD1oXX
Subtle is my middle name. Sometimes.
My middle name is Gilligan.

I have a big wheel.

Like it?

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#514285 Apr 2, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> HUH?????? Hi River Tam.. Nice to see you... I am around tonight..
Hello Lifelover.

I was just kidding. Tide is my best friend and I tease him sometimes because I'm a lesbian and he's not.
He's not even gay. Can you imagine?

I'm working on him though. He doesn't know that homosexuality is a choice, yet.

When I was born, I was a healthy heterosexual male. The way it should be, right? Stupid puberty turned me into a homosexual female. I'm sayin.

:-)

Nice to see you too.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#514286 Apr 2, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Here For now.. Red hearts are from me to you.. I have missed you.. I talked to LupyLu and decided to come back where I belong..All refreshed and rejuvenated.. If you had "Messaging" I could fill you in on husbands condition.. Hes in dire straights.. Keep him in your daily Prayers for Restored Health,Complete Healing,and Complete Recovery.. I would mention it here on the public thread..BUT I actually think many dont give a ratts assssssss about whats going on with anyones life.. Except an Elite group that i know and love.... I have been reading.. Thread sure has changed.. I left about 1 year ago..Everything was in an uproar here... how have you been,Friend/Sister??
And thank you for mine Dawn, I left you a greeting earlier this evening, did you see it.

Since: Sep 08

"Blessed"

#514287 Apr 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be the same as to a straight person, "you filthy straight liar"?
Or to a white man, "you filthy white liar"?
Or to a black man, "you filthy black liar"?
YOU are not making much sense! Do you have any by chance??? Simple question.. FOR a Simple Mind!! You definitely have a screw loose..

"Blessed"

#514288 Apr 2, 2013
Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again.

"Blessed"

#514289 Apr 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>And thank you for mine Dawn, I left you a greeting earlier this evening, did you see it.
Hi Scott.. I havent read back much yet... I kinda jumped in.. I will though,friend.. YOU know what?? its soo nice to connect again..IT just seems right.. I was at Ladies dinner and devotions tonight.. At my youngest Sons church.. Just getting in..

“What game?”

Location hidden

#514290 Apr 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to agree with that.
Still, if a child were to say things that we would think of as bigoted, they may be expressing the bigotry of their parents instead of their own. People who are just learning English may say things that could be labeled as bigoted language without being bigoted.
It's not at all necessary to think that you're a bigot to be a bigot, but the intent and level of understanding a person has is relevant to any evaluation or judgement of a person.
<quoted text>
My middle name is Gilligan.
I have a big wheel.
Like it?
I'll give you the child argument. People just learning English may do it once.

Let's be clear. Adam is a bigot. Poster child. Nuff said.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#514291 Apr 2, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Scott.. I havent read back much yet... I kinda jumped in.. I will though,friend.. YOU know what?? its soo nice to connect again..IT just seems right.. I was at Ladies dinner and devotions tonight.. At my youngest Sons church.. Just getting in..
Kinda late I see, hope you have a rested night my friend, how's your hubby Btw?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#514292 Apr 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeap, they just have the opposite spirit within them, which is that of the adversary working ( or trying ) through them.
Blessings to you as well LW.
Just place each in prayer and let God do the rest.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#514293 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Experience sometimes helps but isnt always required. Sometimes it is even better to have the view of someone with no biases.or preconceived ideas. I generally enjoy the input of anyone that is sincere with some common sense and a good heart. There is very little any of us in here are "experts" at yet that hasnt stopped me from learning a lot from others over the years. Most people have something to teach and learn. If someone is civil and reasonable I say pull up a chair and lets talk:) If they arent I can go that way too! Meh..whichever normally is fine by me:)
Cool.

Let's start without a preconceived idea of what IANS, HL and Tide are.

Let's put aside our beliefs in religion (OK, let's leave IANS out of this :)

Let's look at you, me, Tide and HL.

I like kittens.
Adam

Germany

#514294 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a ignorant. Son of the evil spirit.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#514295 Apr 2, 2013
I am 10-4 latters.

"Blessed"

#514296 Apr 2, 2013
thatguy93550 wrote:
I am the friend. How is everyone doing today?
<quoted text>
Hi "ThatGuy".. You sure are! welcome.. and Please stay.. Talk to you soon..

"Blessed"

#514297 Apr 2, 2013
thatguy93550 wrote:
true ,, that guy that you mom warned you about ..LOL
<quoted text>
ThatGuy, I wanted you know.. I am NOT scared of you..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#514298 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
The word they. Let's discuss that in the context of bigotry.
Should we?
I can do you one better and be even more specific. When I said "they" I meant specifically Tide and HL...in the past I have seen them not only be outspoken as to how against bigotry they are but get on others for either being bigoted or not speaking out. Yet when their friend (Ians) engages in it they bend over backwards to excuse and minimize it in any and every rationale possible. Then at the end Tide did a 180 degree turn finally admitting using demographics (race, gender, belief, orientation, etc) as an insult is bigotry. This of course left HL in the uneviable position of explaining how someone who claims to be in a demo that gets targeted for bigotry while claiming as a gay woman its ok to call someone a "filthy gay liar" depending on whats true. Tide at the very end tried to use my distinction of whether someone can say bigoted things without being bigoted.They sold out imo to defend each other

"Blessed"

#514299 Apr 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My mama ^^TOLD^^ me that life is like a box of chocolates.
Bullzeye! I agree with you Riversideredneck........ I might be wrong about you..THINK you just LOVE to have fun..YOU enjoy LIFE.. I apologize..
Think I better take my foot out of my mouth now..LOL..
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#514300 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Define nonsense to me. I'm still a teenager.
Will you deny me my education on these topics?
Speak freely. I'll listen freely.
Nonsense is someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about trying to tell me/others how ignorant Christians and their beliefs are. Who tell others that what they are doing or saying is not the thing to do or say but yet are doing the thing themselves, sometime at the very time they are calling the person on doing it. Someone who calls another a bigot when they are disagreed with but are bigots themselves, etc…

I’m not nor am I trying to deny you an education. I’m just not into listening/reading such nonsense. Nor do I like playing the games some like to play.

I may not relish reading all your posts and I defiantly don’t agree with your thinking but it seems to me from what I have read that you and HL could find better friends. You seem to have more sense than some of the other of the gang. JMO. But you choose who to be friends with.
HFN

"Blessed"

#514301 Apr 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda late I see, hope you have a rested night my friend, how's your hubby Btw?
Hi Scott.. His health unfortunately is failing fast..We have a hospital bed set up in the living room.. He is going in for more life-Saving surgery on April 12... Keep him in your daily prayers,Please..Its not easy for him...... How was your Easter?????

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#514302 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
At least he's not charismatic.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#514303 Apr 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Just place each in prayer and let God do the rest.
Best way to deal with it my friend, goodnight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min guest 672,676
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 104,275
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 981,084
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Peter Ross 6,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web