Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#514209 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Tide....so now the game is whether Ians is truly a bigot and will answer a plethera of questions poving so knowing which way to answer if he wants to avoid that stigma or is he just a guy who has repeatedly expressed bigoted views but isnt a bigot?The semantic exscuses being sought to explain away the obvious is fun and all but Im gonna have to pass
The distinction, whether or not IANS is actually a bigot, is pretty important. At least I think so.

You don't?

"semantic excuses" - That's an odd way to describe accuracy.
nurface

Barbourville, KY

#514210 Apr 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Yes.
Is there any particular reason you think so?
God is not real to you, eternal seperation from the abilty to feel love and peace and happiness etc etc, has no meaning to you. But yet you fight and argue with people to try and dis prove God,in which you dont even believe in.. How much of your life have you spent doing that ???
Are you another Christian with literacy issues? We get that a lot here.
<quoted text>
You just did, not me. But I won't disagree with you.
Let me guess, you was raised and or probly lived a Christian life at one time, and then something tragic happened or you chose a ''different lifestyle'' and now you hate God for that?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#514211 Apr 2, 2013
Experiencing God Day By Day:
Death Brings Much Fruit
Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.(John 12:24)
Some things must die in order to be productive. Certain seeds will not germinate into a plant unless they freeze during the winter. Jesus knew that His death would bring salvation to the world.
The moment you became a Christian, your sinful nature died (Rom. 6:6), but there remained sinful aspects of your character that had not gone to their graves willingly. Before you became a Christian were you self-centered? You may discover selfishness lingering in your life when you ought to be freely sharing what you have in the name of Christ (Matt. 10:8). Did you have a volatile temper? Now as a believer, you experience moments when anger wells up within you. Were you driven by ambition? You may still find yourself with the same motivation as you strive for recognition and position in the kingdom of God.
If these sinful attitudes are allowed to remain alive, they will stifle the fruits of the Spirit. Your temper may prevent some from coming to Jesus. Your selfishness will hinder you from being a blessing to those around you. Your ambition could cause you to use others to meet your goals. Your family may be suffering because of some areas of your life that you have never allowed Jesus to put to death. It is futile to say,“But that’s just the way I am!” That is the way you were. But that person died with Christ; you are a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17). Allow God to complete His work in you and see what fruit your life produces.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#514212 Apr 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't realize that rights were the only consideration. I thought that national solidarity might matter, too. I thought that excluding an entire group of people from the definition of American by using god beliefs to define them was divisive and exclusionary, and that that mattered. My bad.

Then you support the idea of an irreligious majority changing the national motto, the pledge and the inscription on the currency to read, "We Have Outgrown Gods" as soon as it is possible? People that disagree won't be included in the "We," but who cares once Americans are mostly a non-Christian people, right?

As you noted, nobody's rights will be lost or damaged. Just their sense of being Americans.
Okay then, if you put it that way. The problem I have is that you're lumping people who don't wish to make their money neutral in with people who wish to deny people basic rights they pay taxes for.

I'm not advocating for their behaviour, I'm just saying that as a lost cause, there's no reason to get so upset about it.

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#514213 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Apples and oranges. She isnt identifying herself as gay or a lesbian as an insult. I am sure she viewed what was said to her as one based in part on her orientation that has nothing to do with her integrity
Actually, I called myself a filthy gay liar. Here's the post.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

I is what I is.

:-)

“What?”

Location hidden

#514215 Apr 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yep, enjoyed it ..
.. just finished GAMES OF THRONES, Season #2. You were right - awesome ..
I love Paul Giamatti. Sideways is one of my favorite movies. I haven't seen John Addams. I'll make a point of it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#514216 Apr 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it would be fun to watch from a hot tub.
Just sayin'.
You have called me dim and stupid and said my opinions will be placed next to those of rocks. HL wants to know who is next Tide? For goodness sake man who is next? Your words are hurtful. HL is very upset with you. Oh those pesky double-standards:)

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#514217 Apr 2, 2013
Adam wrote:
Dire Straits music for Kings. Sultans. princes and for upper classes. Gays should listen homosexual music such as Elton John. George Michael Milissa Ethredge,Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga.
Oh no!
I listen to classic rock!
It looks like I've tainted the music!
You better stop listening to it now, I heard satan lick my ear the other day while listening to Stairway To Heaven and I liked it.
I'm sure you do too.

Location hidden

#514218 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Mark your calendars. Today is the day bigotry ended on Earth forever! You can now use race or belief or gender or orientation or ethicity as an insult and it isnt bigotry.
I disagree with that.

A bigot using a demographic label as an insult, with intent to cause harm, is expressing bigotry.
Skombolis wrote:
And no matter what insults you combine it with, so long as they are true or you think its true, that is no longer bigotry either. The only thing that counts as bigotry now is insulting someone based on predjudice if it doesnt apply to their subset. Say if I call a Mexican the N-word thats racist. But it is not racist if I call someone black the N-word because using race as an insult is ok if you have the correct race and using derogatory terms is ok if technically thats how some people identify black people. Welcome to ethics 101 by Tide and HL
This did not come from HL or myself.

Put your name on it, Skombolis. These are YOUR words only.

Location hidden

#514219 Apr 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The distinction, whether or not IANS is actually a bigot, is pretty important. At least I think so.
You don't?
"semantic excuses" - That's an odd way to describe accuracy.
You know all Ians has to do is bat those baby blues and you will melt like butta and believe everything he says anyway so what would be the point? If repeated bigoted statements dont convince you then of course asking a guy who doesnt want to be perceived as a bigot a series of questions he knows in advance are designed to determine that naturally would be answered honestly! All those other posts must have been freudian slips where he blurts out super bigotted comments by mistake! Just nuzzle noses like Eskimoes and it will be be all good. ians will be anything you want him to be:)

“What?”

Location hidden

#514220 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Mark your calendars. Today is the day bigotry ended on Earth forever! You can now use race or belief or gender or orientation or ethicity as an insult and it isnt bigotry. And no matter what insults you combine it with, so long as they are true or you think its true, that is no longer bigotry either. The only thing that counts as bigotry now is insulting someone based on predjudice if it doesnt apply to their subset. Say if I call a Mexican the N-word thats racist. But it is not racist if I call someone black the N-word because using race as an insult is ok if you have the correct race and using derogatory terms is ok if technically thats how some people identify black people. Welcome to ethics 101 by Tide and HL
Skombolis wrote:
Mark your calendars. Today is the day bigotry ended on Earth forever! You can now use race or belief or gender or orientation or ethicity as an insult and it isnt bigotry.
That's correct. If you direct it at an individual, it's an insensitive insult. If you direct it at the entire population that the individual identifies with, it's bigotry.

Or something like that.

Anybody have a spare magnet?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#514221 Apr 2, 2013
No one ask; before you can play,
Are you this or are you that?
Do you support this or do you support that?
Do you believe this or do you believe that?

The point is; when we remove the this and the that only the beauty remains.

http://www.godvine.com/One-Little-Girl-Starts...

If you can get past where it was found, perhaps you can enjoy it also. If you can't get past it, perhaps you should consider getting over it.

Location hidden

#514222 Apr 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with that.
A bigot using a demographic label as an insult, with intent to cause harm, is expressing bigotry.
<quoted text>
This did not come from HL or myself.
Put your name on it, Skombolis. These are YOUR words only.
Wow...so you changed your mind and calling someone gay as an insult IS bigotry now? Make up your mind. And what word word used to represent that demographic shouldnt matter if the intent is to use who they are (race, religion, orientation, etc) as an insult. If a call someone a filthy black or a filthy N-word the intent is the same.So...all your posts today saying otherwise were what exactly?
Rosa Winkel

Brookvale, Australia

#514223 Apr 2, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice fantasies. You are a liar.
Adam, you are a filthy Nazi liar.

I have caught you plagiarising twice already. Take it like a man, if you are.

“What?”

Location hidden

#514224 Apr 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>They just mad and coming to Dr [do little]defense because you caught him in hypocrisy being a bigot himself after he is accusing Christians of doing the same thing. Pot meet kettle. And they are doing everything to squrim and wiggle [it aint necessarily so]out of his blatant bigotry and hypocrisy iyai!lol!. You have not given them much room though lol.
Your English is coming along so well, writer.

I'm proud of you in that respect.

Keep up the good work.

Location hidden

#514225 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's correct. If you direct it at an individual, it's an insensitive insult. If you direct it at the entire population that the individual identifies with, it's bigotry.
Or something like that.
Anybody have a spare magnet?
Heh...its like the old saying.."kill one person you are a murderer...kill milLions and you are a conqueror" or something like that;)........I am fresh outta magnets but will keep an eye out:)

Location hidden

#514226 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You have called me dim and stupid and said my opinions will be placed next to those of rocks. HL wants to know who is next Tide? For goodness sake man who is next? Your words are hurtful. HL is very upset with you. Oh those pesky double-standards:)
I never called you stupid, moron.

For the record, I only insult you when you make a mistake. I don't know of any other way for it to have an impact.

I would be more than happy to drop any and all insults if you would also comply.

Location hidden

#514227 Apr 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>They just mad and coming to Dr [do little]defense because you caught him in hypocrisy being a bigot himself after he is accusing Christians of doing the same thing. Pot meet kettle. And they are doing everything to squrim and wiggle [it aint necessarily so]out of his blatant bigotry and hypocrisy iyai!lol!. You have not given them much room though lol.
I like watching people paint themselves in a corner. I will remember their definitions next time they have a problem with any Christian views on the subject as well

Location hidden

#514230 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You know all Ians has to do is bat those baby blues and you will melt like butta and believe everything he says anyway so what would be the point?
This again?

Jesus Christ.
Skombolis wrote:
If repeated bigoted statements dont convince you then of course asking a guy who doesnt want to be perceived as a bigot a series of questions he knows in advance are designed to determine that naturally would be answered honestly!
What bigoted statements?

Do you mean those insensitive statements?

You have some work to do if you want me to see things your way. Where is the evidence you used to come to your conclusions?

If you've already decided that something is true, what use is evidence and argument?
Skombolis wrote:
All those other posts must have been freudian slips where he blurts out super bigotted comments by mistake! Just nuzzle noses like Eskimoes and it will be be all good. ians will be anything you want him to be:)
What other posts?

Do you remember?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#514231 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Mark your calendars. Today is the day bigotry ended on Earth forever! You can now use race or belief or gender or orientation or ethicity as an insult and it isnt bigotry. And no matter what insults you combine it with, so long as they are true or you think its true, that is no longer bigotry either. The only thing that counts as bigotry now is insulting someone based on predjudice if it doesnt apply to their subset. Say if I call a Mexican the N-word thats racist. But it is not racist if I call someone black the N-word because using race as an insult is ok if you have the correct race and using derogatory terms is ok if technically thats how some people identify black people. Welcome to ethics 101 by Tide and HL
Hey Skombolis,
I think it all boils down to the gang thinks it can do what ever helps their cause but we can’t unless it helps their cause.

The old double standard again. I don’t think the gang is getting away with it like they want to. But then they think Christians are stupid and will not notice. Or, maybe the gang is the ones that don’t get it. LOL

Most of what they have been, so called enlightening us about is hogwash.

Back to scrolling, at least it also helps me catch up faster.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Chess Jurist 110,449
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Robert F 675,764
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 27 min spud 136
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min gabtard 982,106
Why does shopping feel so good? 3 hr EllaJames 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,765
Something you hope your husband never finds out 7 hr Crazy Guy 1
More from around the web