Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#514063 Apr 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that, Dim? Your prayers are an abomination.
As usual, you don't understand what the scripture is saying or what my beliefs are. You responded to this verse

Proverbs 28:9
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law even his prayer shall be abomination.

I have always promoted the need to fulfill the law and be saved by Grace. Obedience, repentance, and faithfulness are required for grace to be bestowed upon someone less it be received in vain. This necessitates the need for ongoing repentance.

Love Fulfills the Law

Romans 13

"8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments,“You shall not commit adultery,”“You shall not murder,”“You shall not steal,”“You shall not covet,”a and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command:“Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."

You will never understand my relationship with God, my beliefs, or what for or when I seek forgiveness or when I believe I receive it. How can you when the meaning behind the simplest Bible verses always seems to elude you?

Location hidden

#514064 Apr 2, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Food for thought ...good post SkomDude.
Thanks hu

That was what I was hoping it would do when I posted it. Still a lot I have to think about myself when it comes to subjects like this. I struggle with what is truly justice and what role the need for closure or satisfaction should be allowed to play for those victimized. I know my personal feelings don't always line up with what I should probably feel

(T) Peace

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#514065 Apr 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think you're too stuck on Jews & their rituals to see clearly.
I think you're also stuck in the Jewish, "pre-Jesus" times.
Christians began meeting on Sundays soon after Jesus rose from the dead, to honor His resurrection, which took place on a Sunday, or the first day of the week.
The Sabbath was never done away with in the bible.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Jews don't acknowledge that so they still observe the sabbath on Saturday.
But really, they observe the Sabbath because it was and is a commandment to do so. Christians did, too, after the mythic resurrection.

Looks like they were keeping it here:

56)Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.(Luke 23:56)

Here are the Jesus! words, in reference to what Christians say indicates the future(now, or 2000 more years from now):

20)"Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21) For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again".(Matthew 24:20-21)

I don't think the Jesus! was talking about Sunday in that verse, since, Sabbath meant one thing to him.

More Jesus! words:

27)Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath".(Mark 2:27)

The Yahweh! words, "straight out the survival scroll!":

8)Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9) Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10) but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11) For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.(Exodus 20:8-11)

They aren't my Commandments, however, they are yours, and the Jews, too.

Have you decided it's okay to do away with murder and coveting your neighbors ass as well?

Just curious, but then there's this:

18)For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.(Matthew 5:18)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
For the 500th time, I'm not a Jew, scar. I'm Christian.

No, but the alleged Jesus! was.

1)"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ".(1 Corinthians 11:1)

What day did he observe, and how did he observe it?

It's your religion...
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#514066 Apr 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. does this really matter ??..
.. SCAR's post was spot on. Plagerism, or whatever you want to call it, damages both the reader and the poster ..
<< slowly walking backwards, eyes on Luci & G_O_D >>
P.S. Did you notice all of Dr. Shrink's posts have been removed? Do you miss him?
Dr Shrink the old fart? It couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.
LOLOL!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#514067 Apr 2, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr Shrink the old fart? It couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.
LOLOL!
It just wont smell the same around here without him..........

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#514068 Apr 2, 2013
thatguy93550 wrote:
I am the friend. How is everyone doing today?
<quoted text>
Hi Thatguy. How are you?

Are you from Palmdale? I know another poster from Palmdale.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#514069 Apr 2, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text>Smiling at you!! I missed you and many others.. Its not good ,really.. husband is recuperating from a week hospital stay..Has to go back for surgery on April 12.. LIFE as I knew it ended.. I am a Caregiver in every sense of the word..Hospital bed in Living room.. Nurses are here once a day..Otherwise i am on my own..I do also have 2 part-time other jobs..My escape!! I am a Wife second..Otherwise,,, Things are OK..But NOT really.. I am just pretending.. I am restassured GOD doesnt give me more than I can handle.. I said GOD,, not G-O-D..[good ole darwin]...Not to be confused...How have you been,DEAR friend?? ITS Great to be back in the Glorious Light..IT still is Shining on Me!
You've also been missed, glad your back. Sorry to here about your husband, has to be a tough situation. Look to your God and friends for strength. Take things easy Li Lo........

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#514070 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You and honesty just don't mix
You hatred of Christians was plain to see well before anything that that transpired between you and me. Your bigotry seeps through a majority of your posts and it easily seen. Whatever reasons you have for not liking me personally doesn't rationalize away your prejudice towards all Christians
You have said you have a low opinion of most Christians yet you don't know even close to 1% of the total number of Christians
You regularly use 'church' as an interchangeable way to attack Christians
You make posts regularly alluding to the overall lack of empathy and ethics of Christians in general, again despite the fact you know very few proportionally speaking
You have made comments like "you are worthless and so is your religion" and have made being Christian synonymous with an insult; "you are nothing but a filthy Christian liar"
You have promoted the idea that all churches are corrupt and have apparently made unfounded and most likely false accusations of one church (your old one) to justify your claims of all churches
This isn't merely a case of someone lacking self-control and making sweeping generalizations in an attempt to go after an individual. This is rather the case of someone who already hates Christians because he is a bigot so when he has a problem with an individual Christian, his true feelings about all Christians flood to the surface.
For all your intellectual pretenses based on unused methodology, your words speak for themselves. I have taken issue with many things HL has done in here, including what I see as a blatant lack of honesty. Would that justify me telling her "you are a filthy, gay liar"?
You are mistaken when you say I "cry" about you being a bigot. You are mistaken because as usual your unwarranted and over-sized ego tells you it must bother me that you are. The reality is that you simply are a joke to me. A joke as a man, a leader, an ethical example, a new wave of thinking, or any other pedestal your two followers want to put you on. But at this stage in my life bigotry hardly is something that surprises me. But you are unable to do any damage with your bigotry and people like you make it all the easier to distinguish between decent people and bigots so not only it doesn't bother me, I believe you do others a service when you expose yourself.
If people were not paying close attention they might at some point actually believe some of the things you say or find merit with some of the positions you take against the faith. Showing yourself as simply a bigot who uses his social arguments as window dressing when his motivation is simply hate just makes you that much more ineffectual. Not that you and the two people that follow you had any chance of being anything else anyway except in your own mind, but still.
So by all means, please continue to say things like "...you are nothing more than a filthy Christian liar". And I will continue to smile and thank you for playing into my hands and exposing yourself as the bigot you are
true thing. And what adds to his hatred and bigotry, is that he can't fathom Christians experiencing the risen Christ through the Spirit of YHWH. So his hate is compounded by everything you just highlighted, in addition to an evil eye of envy and bitterness, and then he foolishly through desperate woeful and pitiful spiritual blindness and ignorance, proclaims since he did not experience the risen Christ, no Christian has.

Its good he come though. Because he certainly have shown the moral depravity, fraud and sham of secular humanism.

United States

#514071 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Sure I have
In fact you even tried to get as close to the truth as possible without actually being honest
Do you still not know what honesty is?

Honesty is sharing information which you believe to be true. I shared my honest opinion.

Can you honestly accuse me of not being honest?

Tell me what honesty is in your reality.
Skombolis wrote:
You claimed you would have said it was insensitive or could be bigoted depending on the context. Of course nobody with any integrity would pretend like the following statements aren't bigoted
I told you to stop using that fallacy.

Does anyone know what this one is called?

Simple example:
"No smart person would disagree with me."
Skombolis wrote:
You are a filthy black liar
You are a filthy Christian liar
You are a filthy gay liar
You keep bringing up your failures in argument. Why didn't you provide a proper analogy with context that related to the original statement?
Skombolis wrote:
But I know you love and look up to Ians just too darn much for you to ever be your own man
That isn't knowledge, that's faith based belief. You're welcome to as much as you like.
Skombolis wrote:
I found your favorite song
You lost that loving feeling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sVrDQQIiweEXX
Now since you never answered the tombstone question, what about evolution. How do you reconcile your beliefs on that with your beliefs that life started when you met IANS? Or is that just for you?
~snicker
Grow up.
Skombolis wrote:
Well, gotta get some sleep. Got a long day of work ahead of me.
BTW, next time you wonder why I don't bother being serious with you, just read your post that I replied to. Everything you have ever claimed to believe on Topix when it comes to not believing in labels and being against bigotry means absolutely nothing to you if the choice is between that and Ians.
Thank you for your opinion. I'll put it next to the opinions rocks have about geology.
Skombolis wrote:
Don't get me wrong, it is funny from my side of the fence to make fun of you for it. You are the first guy who has ever told me he looks up to another guy on the Internet. But for you, man I would think you would find it unsettling to say the least. Well, guess everybody has their own priorities
This is another of your projected fantasies. I think I told you what I meant by "look up to". I look up to anyone who has something to teach me.

Again, your ammunition against me is all projected from your imagination. Is it too much to expect for you to stay focused on the arguments you're supposed to be making?

Location hidden

#514072 Apr 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Thatguy. How are you?
Hey Tam!

Walking out the door. Just wanted to say two things

1) I gave a hypothetical example in my post to Ians about whether or not something would be ok if I had said it to HL. Just wanted to clarify I would never think or want to make a statement such as the one I used. I just used the example because I felt it showed how having a problem with an individual doesn't give one license to bash their entire ethnicity or race or religious system or sexual orientation or whatever the case may be. If someone has a problem with an individual then their issues should be about that individual.

Since i am leaving and might not see a post asking for clarification You probably have a better idea of how I write and think now but just in case i wanted to explain

2) On a much simpler note, I simply wanted to say HI and hope you have a great day

(T) Peace

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#514073 Apr 2, 2013
Adam

Germany

#514074 Apr 2, 2013
@Rosa Winkel

You are in the wrong site here.

Location hidden

#514075 Apr 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you still not know what honesty is?
Honesty is sharing information which you believe to be true. I shared my honest opinion.
Can you honestly accuse me of not being honest?
Easily. Your denial that blatantly bigoted comments have not been shown to be bigoted certainly doesn't fall into the catogory of honest
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what honesty is in your reality.
Being truthful
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you to stop using that fallacy.
I know you did. I disregarded it as it isn't fallacy as nobody with integrity would claim statements such as..

...aren't bigoted. You keep getting confused thinking the object of the hatred has to be the same for it to be bigoted. It doesn't. The bigotry is still the same. And that is even giving your argument credit for having merit, which it doesn't as becoming a Christian doesn't give anyone the right to hate them on that basis
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep bringing up your failures in argument. Why didn't you provide a proper analogy with context that related to the original statement?[QUOTE who="Tide with Beach"]<quoted text>

You saw the original context. You just want to stall and make excuses

[QUOTE who="Tide with Beach"]<quoted text>
Thank you for your opinion. I'll put it next to the opinions rocks have about geology.
I guess to follow suit you can put your opinions next to people in total denial
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

grow up
Why, you want me taller so you can look up to me like you do with IAns?

~snicker

United States

#514076 Apr 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. most believers on this thread have called me a liar, hypocrite and much worse. So? What are you accomplishing with your continued defensive posture and alliance with G_O_D ??..
.. here's the deal. If I want someone to defend me, I'd PM AIN, Catcher, Tide, Aero or Scar. They'd post in a heartbeat, but, what would that say about my character ??..
That you're hot?

I don't think anyone you listed would corrupt their ethics to defend you. I don't think it would be necessary.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#514077 Apr 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
The Sabbath was never done away with in the bible.
Really?

1 Corinthians 16:1-2
Now about the collection for God's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

---

And when Paul met with believers in Troas to worship and celebrate communion, they gathered on the first day of the week:

Acts 20:7
On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight.

----

Christian groups that adhere to a Sunday Sabbath feel that the Lord's command was not specifically for the seventh day, but rather, one day out of the seven week days.

By changing the Sabbath to Sunday, or the day the Jesus resurrected, they feel it symbolically represents the acceptance of Jesus Christ.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#514078 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tam!
Walking out the door. Just wanted to say two things
1) I gave a hypothetical example in my post to Ians about whether or not something would be ok if I had said it to HL. Just wanted to clarify I would never think or want to make a statement such as the one I used. I just used the example because I felt it showed how having a problem with an individual doesn't give one license to bash their entire ethnicity or race or religious system or sexual orientation or whatever the case may be. If someone has a problem with an individual then their issues should be about that individual.
Since i am leaving and might not see a post asking for clarification You probably have a better idea of how I write and think now but just in case i wanted to explain
2) On a much simpler note, I simply wanted to say HI and hope you have a great day
(T) Peace
Hey Skom.

No worries.

:-)

Have a good day at work.

“Hold on to my waist ”

Since: Jun 11

And push and pull

#514079 Apr 2, 2013
Yes I am, I have been here for about 45 years
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Thatguy. How are you?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#514080 Apr 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
But really, they observe the Sabbath because it was and is a commandment to do so. Christians did, too, after the mythic resurrection.
"Sabbath" is an ancient Hebrew word meaning "rest". So the sabbath day translates to the day of rest.

Before Jesus, the day of rest symbolically coincided with God's day of rest after creation.

After Jesus, the day of rest symbolically coincided with Jesus' resurrection.

At least to Christians, not to Jews.
It's your religion...
Which is why I know it better than you.

United States

#514081 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Easily. Your denial that blatantly bigoted comments have not been shown to be bigoted certainly doesn't fall into the catogory of honest
Since I disagree, why do you think I'm not calling you a liar for expressing your opinion?

I think you're being honest. I also think that you're incorrect.
Skombolis wrote:
Being truthful
That is meaningless, Skom. Truth is subjective.

Under this definition of honesty, you will never be able to justify any accusation that someone is being dishonest.

Why? Because you can never know. Human beings are fallible.
Skombolis wrote:
I know you did. I disregarded it as it isn't fallacy as nobody with integrity would claim statements such as..
Nobody with a brain could have written what you just wrote.

You must not have a brain.

It's a non sequitur, but I thought it may be common enough to have it's own name.
Skombolis wrote:
...aren't bigoted. You keep getting confused thinking the object of the hatred has to be the same for it to be bigoted.
I'm not confused at all, but I think you might be.

Who hates somebody?
Skombolis wrote:
It doesn't. The bigotry is still the same. And that is even giving your argument credit for having merit, which it doesn't as becoming a Christian doesn't give anyone the right to hate them on that basis
Replace "right" with "justification", for starters.

Again, who hates all Christians? Who are you talking about?
Skombolis wrote:
I guess to follow suit you can put your opinions next to people in total denial
Why, you want me taller so you can look up to me like you do with IAns?
~snicker
This is apparently your limit.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#514082 Apr 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo!
Sorry my friend
Stopping in wasted time I really couldn't afford to waste. At best I am going to get 5 hours of sleep and then another 12 hours of work
Hope to catch up with you guys on Sunday if not before
Missed ya
(T) Peace
HI Skom :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min scientia potentia... 29,297
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Anthony MN 637,804
I never REALIZED........ 13 min Doctor REALITY 9
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min scientia potentia... 44,205
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 181,922
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 968,837
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr pusherman 3,553
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 10 hr Paul is dead sinc... 3,691
More from around the web