Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#513768 Apr 2, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Once more for the slow ones... topix is not Academia and I'm not a Journalist....
No. You're just a thief.

From PlagiarismToday.com :

For every master plagiarist who manages to skate by for years and grow a successful site or career off of their deed, there’s probably dozens of idiot plagiarists who get caught quickly and are forced to face the consequences.

http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2011/05/31/the...

No mention of journalism or school in that quote. And no effort to limit it to just those institutions on that site.

Plagiarism is literary theft, and it is not limited to the academy or journalism, thought that is where it is most talked about for obvious reasons.

As Ehrman notes in his book on Christian forgeries, despite claims otherwise, it's been recognized and scorned since at least antiquity.

You are a plagiarist -- a literary thief.

And all your gaming won't change that.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#513769 Apr 2, 2013
thought - though

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#513770 Apr 2, 2013
M*O*R*N*I*N*G

“ A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.”

~ William Arthur Ward

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#513771 Apr 2, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear Father in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. You are all-knowing and all-seeing, and all-powerful. I praise you for your magnificence. I also bring a request to you, to help me and every adult and even teenagers be the witnesses that we should be. Little children are watching us. They look up to us. They imitate us. They learn from us. I pray that all we do and say is honorable, good, true, and pure. I pray that our hearts, minds, eyes, hands, mouths, feet all do things that are pleasing to you and good examples for the children. Thank you for your inspiration and guidance. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#513772 Apr 2, 2013
Encouraging Words.....

Jesus said, "You must love the Lord your God will all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind."

Matthew 22:37

K-Love
nurface

Barbourville, KY

#513773 Apr 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
It makes your church our natural enemy, and our effort to cripple it just and justified.
rotfl....

So in '' your truth'' and your narrow mind you are actually having a battle with the MAKE BELIEVE ENEMY of a mythical God?

And you say Christians are delusional,, buddd you are the one who has drank the Kool-aid!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#513774 Apr 2, 2013
"The 5 Dumbest Ways Plagiarists Get Caught
Posted on May 31, 2011 by Jonathan Bailey • 0 Comments
For every master plagiarist who manages to skate by for years and grow a successful site or career off of their deed, there’s probably dozens of idiot plagiarists who get caught quickly and are forced to face the consequences.
Not only is modern technology making it easier to detect and stop plagiarists than ever before, but it also provides a slew of new ways for a plagiarist to trip him or herself up.

With that in mind, here are just five of the stupidest ways I’ve seen plagiarists get caught over the years. These methods include plagiarists both online and off as well as both academic and non-academic plagiarism cases and, to reiterate, they are all actual cases I’ve been involved in or observed.

5. Not Removing Headers/Metadata

Copy/Paste is no longer a simple technology that merely duplicates text, a lot of content is copied as well including images, formatting and much more depending on where you are pulling from.

When you copy something, it can be very difficult to tell what invisible data might be carried with it. This has come back to bite a slew of would-be plagiarists including software plagiarists that leave in code comments, image plagiarists that leave in EXIF data and even academic plagiarists who didn’t scrub their Word file’s metadata.

Yes, metadata is everywhere and it is invisible but anyone with the right tools, or simply the knowledge of where to look, can find it. Teachers and search engines alike routinely parse this information and, if it isn’t cleared, you will almost certainly be caught.

4. Not Reading the Source Material

Plagiarists aren’t typically the hardest working people and, often times, they don’t even spend the energy to read the material they are plagiarizing. They just find something that seems like it will fit their need and go. The problem with that approach is that they often lack basic knowledge on what is actually in the material they are reading.

Offline and on, in and out of the classroom this trips up plagiarists. One plagiarists that took my work was caught when one of their readers noticed she couldn’t answer a seemingly simple question about a character in a story. Teachers in many schools quiz students about their essays as they turn them in to trip up those who didn’t write their own.

It seems simple enough, read and understand what you’re putting your name to but so many get it wrong. This helps the anti-plagiarists though and often makes our lives easier and more fun.

3. Not Removing Links

Leaving in header information is fairly understandable, it’s invisible and many don’t know it’s there. Not reading the material is also understandable since it can be a lot of work and a plagiarist might be rushed. However, some plagiarists get tripped up because they copied and pasted hyperlinks into their work, something that can be spotted with even a cursory glance at the work.

This is a problem that bites plagiarists both offline and on. Spammers routinely are thwarted by including links to other articles you’ve written in your content as they will often scrape those as well. This is why I recommend the activity.

However, it goes from an exploitable flaw to a major blunder when the problem happens to offline plagiarists. Several teachers have reported that student plagiarists have failed to remove hyperlinks from essays that were turned in, even printing the papers out in color, leaving the blue underlined words intact.

"Teachers in many schools quiz students about their essays as they turn them in to trip up those who didn’t write their own."

" Several teachers have reported that student plagiarists have failed to remove hyperlinks from essays that were turned in, even printing the papers out in color, leaving the blue underlined words intact."

..l.

Didn't read the article huh?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#513775 Apr 2, 2013
Have a great day....My Wisteria is starting to bloom....I will enjoy this beautiful Southern Spring day

:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#513776 Apr 2, 2013
nurface wrote:
rotfl.... So in '' your truth'' and your narrow mind you are actually having a battle with the MAKE BELIEVE ENEMY of a mythical God?
No.

Is there any particular reason you think so? Are you another Christian with literacy issues? We get that a lot here.
nurface wrote:
And you say Christians are delusional
You just did, not me. But I won't disagree with you.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#513777 Apr 2, 2013
"3. Not Removing Links

Leaving in header information is fairly understandable, it’s invisible and many don’t know it’s there. Not reading the material is also understandable since it can be a lot of work and a plagiarist might be rushed. However, some plagiarists get tripped up because they copied and pasted hyperlinks into their work, something that can be spotted with even a cursory glance at the work.

This is a problem that bites plagiarists both offline and on. Spammers routinely are thwarted by including links to other articles you’ve written in your content as they will often scrape those as well. This is why I recommend the activity.

However, it goes from an exploitable flaw to a major blunder when the problem happens to offline plagiarists. Several teachers have reported that student plagiarists have failed to remove hyperlinks from essays that were turned in, even printing the papers out in color, leaving the blue underlined words intact.

It’s just proof that, in some plagiarism cases, the red flag is actually blue.

2. Hyperlinking, Not Downloading

Many people don’t appreciate the difference between linking to content and copying it. Though it seems like an obvious difference to most who use the Web, others find it confusing. After all, both get the image or the content in the Web page or Word file. However, one way both makes it obvious that it isn’t an original work and keeps the original under the creator’s control.

Online, hyperlinking to content you wish to plagiarize is especially common with images and is often dealt with by simply removing the original image or, if the creator is feeling a bit more malicious, changing it to something else altogether.

However, as more and more academic papers, portfolio projects and other assignments are submitted electronically, the use of hyperlinking grows there as well.

Best of all, there are ways this can backfire even without the involvement of the creator. If a server blocks hotlinking or an instructor opens up a paper on a computer without Internet access, the lie is often exposed unintentionally and in a very embarrassing way."

"However, as more and more academic papers, portfolio projects and other assignments are submitted electronically, the use of hyperlinking grows there as well."

..l.

Yep, a two year old article discussing academic plagiarism.

LS is either the dumbest atheist known to man or a liar, take your pick.

Fennario

#513778 Apr 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
You do know ( or perhaps you don't ) that you are basically calling the Word of God hatred, do you?
Yeah, I know. This is all hate speech directed against people like me:

[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8 And the result of such hate speech is predictable:

[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14

Here we have been called fools, vile, corrupt, wicked, dark, the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers, and appropriate to be tortured. Not one of us is any good.

That's your holy book, and I call it filth. Do you consider that hateful? I'm sure you do.

You seem unaware of how much hatred your book contains. You seem to expect those scriptures to be overlooked and forgiven. And judging by your words above, it seems that you have already done so yourself.

But I don't.

I haven't forgotten or forgiven any of it. In fact, I want other unbelievers that may not be familiar with the bible to see those words. They should know what is contained in that vile book that you are studying from in your Sunday schools and hearing sermons from.

==========

This is sort of what I was referring to a few posts back when I mentioned that my posts really aren't written for you Christians. That would be a waste of time. You don't learn anything from any of this.

Do you know Morton's Demon? From http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/postmonth/... :

"Morton's demon was a demon who sat at the gate of my sensory input apparatus [before leaving Christianity] and if and when he saw supportive evidence coming in, he opened the gate. But if he saw contradictory data coming in, he closed the gate. In this way, the demon allowed me to believe that I was right and to avoid any nasty contradictory data. Fortunately, I eventually realized that the demon was there and began to open the gate when he wasn't looking.

"Those who try to help the poor victims escape the ravages of Morton's demon wear themselves out typing e-mails explaining data and facts which never get through the demon's gate."

That is why my posts are written principally for the benefit of unbelievers. They have to be. As I said, in my experience, most believers are unteachable in matters involving faith. If the unbelievers weren't here, what would be the point of posting?

Incidentally, if it were a thread of unbelievers only, I'd still have little incentive to participate. We'd only be discussing atheism, religion, and humanism about a half percent of the time. The rest would be unrelated.

So, both groups are necessary for this to be so worthwhile: the Christians to serve as catalysts and examples, and the skeptics to learn from them.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#513779 Apr 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb and her mouth is smoother than oil.
.. you promised not to make it public! River is going to have a complete fit ..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#513780 Apr 2, 2013
"1. Leaving Someone Else’s Name On It

While all the above are pretty stupid ways a plagiarist can get caught, there is one tenet of plagiarism that even the most rank amateur should be able to understand, that you are trying to take credit for someone else’s work.

But what happens when a plagiarist messes up even that simple idea?

Authors routinely reference themselves in their work. Ranging from personal anecdotes to even mentioning themselves by name, especially when someone else is talking to them. Likewise, photographers take self portraits and musician tell personal stories. Self reflection is a part of all media.

Plagiarists, often times not reading the source material, leave these bits in. It can range from a simple story or personal detail known not to apply to the plagiarist all the way to something as flagrant as leaving the full name of the original author in the work.

It can get even more stupid when a plagiarists accidentally copies the footer of the site or content they’re ripping or, even worse, the byline to it.

It’s very difficult to make the case that you wrote the work when you left someone else’s copyright statement at the bottom. It greatly weakens your case.

Bottom Line

Are these all the dumb ways a plagiarist can get caught? Of course not. Writing style conflicts, file formatting issues, spelling inconsistencies (UK vs. US) and so forth are also dumb ways a plagiarist can find themselves attracting unwanted attention.

Picking a top five was a tough job and this list could have been much, much longer.

All in all, with technology plagiarism is just as easy as it ever was but getting away with plagiarism is a very hard job indeed.

Those who don’t take care to cover their tracks will, inevitably, be caught, especially if they plagiarize enough.

So let this be a word of warning to a would-be plagiarist, technology may put the world at your fingertips, but it makes it easier than ever to trace where you got your content from."

..l.

You have nothing but your lies LS or you're "thick as two planks", but thank you, it's good for folks to see the dishonesty of atheists.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#513781 Apr 2, 2013
A blog post no less!!! Wordpress! LMAO! I'm calling POE on LS, no is this dumb, surely?

Fennario

#513782 Apr 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Because all of God's children who have obeyed him are special, not just me only, would you care to join us?
There's the cardinal Christian virtue right there: obedience, and submission, not any lofty value like love or integrity.

You give such obedience to the church pretty names like faith, righteousness, worship, piety, and prayer and piety. But it's all just groveling and submission. What is prayer but head bowed, eyes closed, kneeling, hands in a pleading posture, begging for forgiveness for being human, and calling oneself worthiness.

Any deviation from it is scoffingly called ego, pride, sin, the flesh, self-worship, satanic influence, rebellion, or some other derogatory word.

That psychology submission and worthlessness combined with the psychology of alienation from ones own world, community, family and body are pretty unappealing to me, and have to hurt the people that can be convinced to accept it.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#513783 Apr 2, 2013
Agreed. You don't want to be abrasive or rub somebody the wrong way when you're feeling in the pink.
Here's an eyeful of pink.
BTW, nice shade.
Thanks.
Designer frame?
Bolléyé

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#513784 Apr 2, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
A blog post no less!!! Wordpress! LMAO! I'm calling POE on LS, no is this dumb, surely?
*no one

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#513785 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
Religious devotion doesn't require a mall or a credit card.
.. as a teenager, a younger sisters was caught shoplifting ..

.. what did she steal? Christmas gifts for relatives ..

.. said she felt guilty at Christmas time because she didn't have any money to gift loved ones ..

.. what's the moral ??..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#513786 Apr 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
When you question someone's "intellignce", please spell it correctly.
And you really believed all I got from OSU was a certificate of attendance?....
You said you were there for 12 years and got nothing out of it.

Sounds like another one of your lies.

Spelling is not an indicator of intelligence. You would know that is you spent at least a year in college.

I bet your eyes are brown.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#513787 Apr 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretending comes easy to you, huh?
No pretending at all. My credentials are a matter of public record and have been posted here a few times.

Yours are as visible as God. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min River Tam 104,506
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min Gabriel 981,182
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 672,894
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 389
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 445,843
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
About Times and Laws 8 hr harvey plunkett 1
More from around the web