“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#513478 Apr 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Deb...Is that you?....I just talked to you on Facebook...Why are you impersinating Larry?
Hey...If this is the real Larry....What Southern City did we talk about alot?
Do you know how to do the Charleston?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#513479 Apr 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm speechless...
LMAO <3 How was your Easter RR?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#513480 Apr 1, 2013
Well.......

I'll just say good morning and leave it at that.

Location hidden

#513481 Apr 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was you.
I saw the video...
There's a video? Can I see?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#513482 Apr 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. awwwwwhhhh - how sweet. Knew you'd eventually see thing my way ..
lol No you got way to many strings attached there Happy.

But here you a chuckle;

Geoge went for his annual physical.All of his test came back with normal results.
Dr Smith said,George everything looks great physically.How are you doing mentally and emotionally.
Are you at peace with yourself and do you have a good relationship with God.
George replied God and me are tight.He knows I have poor eye sight so he's fixed it so that when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom POOF the light goes on when I pee and then POOF the light goes off when I am done.
Wow commented Dr.Smith that is incredible.
A little later in the day Dr.Smith called George wife.
Thelma he said,George is just fine.Physically he's great.
But I had to call because I'm in awe of his relationship with God.
Is it true that he gets up during the night and POOF the light goes on in the bathroom and then POOF the light goes off.
Thema exclaimed,That fool He is peeing in the refrigerator again.
The wonder of it all.lol Happy April fools day.

#513483 Apr 1, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't take long.
I was just signing off and saw you posted..
It's like I rang a bell or something.
It's ok..
No need to find time for me..as a matter of fact, I have
always wished you wouldn't.
Just knowing you are always "here"..proves my point.
Enjoy your April Fool's.
No no Le le, I'm going to find the time for you. I wouldn't dream of disappointing you. You cant help but interject your thoughts into my posts so I know how important I am to you.

Dont worry, It'll be fun..........

#513484 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well>>>you are missed :D
Why thank you maam..........

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#513485 Apr 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>I can't say that...
You can bluff.

Montreal

#513486 Apr 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.....
It's funny how a single letter could make the difference between a negative and neutral comment.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#513487 Apr 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA HA !!!

Her, how'd Easter go for ya yesterday?

I betcha didn't work....

(Nor did your practice back in the day...)
Not sure if you're aware of this, but Easter always falls on a Sunday.

Lots of people don't work on Sundays, regardless of whether or not it's a holiday.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#513488 Apr 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm speechless...
We should be so lucky.

Montreal

#513489 Apr 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>It aint necessarily so wrote, "OK. Of course, that's a lot of words. If asked, I would elaborate. Also, the word "Christians" doesn't mean every Christian any more than the word "Americans" in a sentence like "Americans are poor at geography" or "Americans like hamburgers" means every American.

What fraction of Christians do you suppose we would be excluding with that disclaimer? I find that most Christians believe that Christian ways should be above others. In my experience, less than five percent would agree that their god doesn't belong on the money, in the motto, or in the pledge of a nation with a secular government - even after you tell them that it offends, marginalizes and excludes unbelievers. They don't care at all.
Isn't that basically saying that we don't rate? After all, we're not asking them to put "We Trust In No Gods" on the money. We're asking them to not use the money to promote religion or to define Americans using the word "God."

You know the answer to that. Ask a hundred American Christians at random. Their god isn't budging from any of those places until we are strong enough to pry it off. Is there any doubt about that?
And if you agree, read your comment again, and consider it in the light of that. How many innocent toes are we really talking about not stepping on here with such careful language? The less-than-5%? "

Lacez wrote, "
The only reason you might think that there are a lot more militant Christians is because the loudest are those who stick out the most."

I wasn't referring to militant Christians. I was referring to Christians that step on my rights.

Lacez wrote, "In reality, the militant Christians you speak of (there are the words you should use!) are a pretty small percentage of Christians in general."

I didn't use the word "militant." You introduced it to this discussion just now. I would use the word "selfish" first.

Do the experiment yourself. Ask the next hundred Christians you encounter how many would support removing the word "God" from the pledge, motto and currency, perhaps by signing a petition. Then remind them that their government is secular and see if the number goes up any. Then remind them that atheists feel excluded and/or offended, and see if that matters.

If you get five percent to support your position, I'd be very surprised. Do you disagree?
Well, if you are asking about removing that, then I'm sure you'll find very little would agree to it. Though if we went deeper into it, would would find that anything can offend anyone.
Leaving the mention of a god on money doesn't take away any person's rights.

Unless you know of some other aspect of it that I haven't thought of.

Location hidden

#513490 Apr 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you maam..........
You're most welcome.... did you have a few days off?

Montreal

#513491 Apr 1, 2013
And now I am off to go celebrate 4 years with the man of my life.
Yes it is odd that it's on April 1st, but that's how we wanted it; it's different.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#513492 Apr 1, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..
I was just curious and throwing it out there.
Wasn't an insult at all.
Please tell Deb I said hello.
Hope your weather today is as perfect as mine..
See you later Epi.
Hey Le_Le

It is cloudy and 70 degrees.....Perfect Spring weather

The azelias are all blooming....:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#513494 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed you Epi,,, how was your Easter luv?
Nice.....Our son cooked a great Easter dinner for us....Then our other son came down here to visit with his fiance (She is a School teacher on Spring Break)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#513495 Apr 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was you.
I saw the video...
Uh Oh.....I refuse to testify...on grounds it my incriminate me

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#513496 Apr 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how to do the Charleston?
Correctamondo....That's Larry from Minn-e-sota

:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#513497 Apr 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I just clicked on the link to see what is going on ~ and reading that posting just sort of pointed out that anyone who thought Luci was trying to pass that off as her own probably doesn't know Lucy all that well. That is definitely not her writing style.
I never thought that Juice was trying to pass that off as her own. I doubt that that was her intent.

I just thought that she plagiarized it.

I can usually spot plagiarism on these threads for just the reason you gave. If the words in a Christian's post are all spelled correctly, the vocabulary elevated, paragraphs used in a standard way, the grammar intact, proper punctuation and capitalization utilized, the prose concise, and the flow relatively coherent, I already know what will happen when I Google a piece of it.

For example, the piece Juice plagiarized had the compound verb "had been" in it, as in "had been abandoned". Juice doesn't use the past perfect tense. When you search Juices Topix posts, you don't find the words "had been" in them. She almost exclusively uses the simple past tense, as in "It was abandoned" or "He abandoned it."

I did find one near hit for Juice, at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD... . Unfortunately, the words "had been" were in Kaitlin's post immediately above Juice's. That was the closest I came.

So, yes, I agree that it's quite easy to spot plagiarism. But that doesn't make it not plagiarism.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#513498 Apr 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Well.......
I'll just say good morning and leave it at that.
OK.....And......Good Afternoon and Evening

Hope you are doing well AJ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min MrsGladToBeMe 3,347
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min HipGnosis 442,816
9/11&bin 15 min REV CAROL 1
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 25 min AN NFL FAN 121,636
Sex with Mom (May '12) 28 min george_m06 17
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min hojo 583,982
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 44 min Richardfs 9,310
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Blagoja 828,231
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr WasteWater 98,969
More from around the web