Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Name appears on post

Berwick, PA

#513445 Apr 1, 2013
Three Stooges Marathon on "Antenna TV." ALL DAY for April Fool's, until 8:30 PM. http://www.antennatv.tv/
Name appears on post

Berwick, PA

#513446 Apr 1, 2013
With the post about Suriname toads and Spadefoot toads, I meant to say, I added BOTH to Favorites. I looked, and I think it came across as though I added just the Suriname toads, but NO, I added both! Or maybe it didn't come across that way, but anyway, I added both to Favorites. I LOVE them both, and I meant to say I added both. Thanks, Peace Warrior! You're awesome!!:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#513447 Apr 1, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been drinking?
hey there sugar cube awee I bet your a tastey one too.I hitin on it abit here and abit there like a lil honey bee want some of the honey.Now what dida do with gyispy rose lee that is some kind of well ya know play that funkie music man.What you mean put my clothes back on.Men never happy at all the wonder of it all.lol lol Happy April fools day Mike.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#513448 Apr 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Please prove that she passed anything off as her own words.
Its already been done.

But proving something and proving it to a specific individual, are different things. I can't prove the Pythagorean theorem to a gerbil. It doesn't make it unproven, however much the gerbil insists that it hasn't been proven to it.

There is no duty to prove anything to a mind that steadfastly refuses to be convinced. Nobody can prove anything to a mind that refuses to cooperate.

And that is what this is, not a misunderstanding. You're not even arguing a counterposition, merely claiming one and littering it with irrelevancies that you cannot support, such as that plagiarism cannot occur on a message board, or that it is not plagiarism if it was written to you, or that it's not plagiarism if there was no intent to deceive, or that it's not plagiarism if there wasn't an explicit claim of authorship by the plagiarist. None of that appears in any definition of the word provided yet.
G_O_D wrote:
THAT is what plagiarism is. Citation has nothing to do with it. Anyone who thinks otherwise is dead wrong.
Once again, can you find any support for this seemingly private definition? Without it, you just have claims, not an argument.
G_O_D wrote:
Feel free to tell a college professor he doesn't know anything about it though.
At long last, this is an argument, albeit a fallacious one - an argument from authority.

I learned what plagiarism is from college professors. And they don't agree with you.

Fennario

#513449 Apr 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I would like to thank CJ, IANS and Catcher for demonstrating that dishonesty, prejudice and ignorance are not the sole purvey of Christianity.
Dude. You did your part for faith based thought and its close connection to reality spinning. If you're happy too, let's call it a win-win.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#513450 Apr 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You might consider Christmas a Christian holiday that you added a little pagan culture to in order to lure them in, but the pagans completely took that holiday from you. The Ice Giants of the North.
Where are the sands of the desert and the straw of the manger? It's a white Christmas now. Camels became reindeer. Jesus, Joseph and Mary became Santa, Frosty and Rudolph. Bethlehem became the North Pole. Silent Night became Jingle Bells.
It's all lights and tinsel and trees and flocking and yule logs and mistletoe and gifts now.
Nice.

I say every year, I am not going to buy into these man
made holidays. And, for the last couple years I have done
ok. in not spending too much.

This year I hardly spent any cash on Easter- Christmas too.
It's a holiday written, for us, on our calendars- so we celebrated as
always
w family..and good food.

I am tired of being "lead" by what seems to be socially "right",
telling me- who and when to buy cards and gifts for.
In other words..who to spend my hard earned cash on..feeding the
self absorded
market..

Christmas and Easter have lost their meaning in "Christ" to me.
You are right..it is all about tinsel bnnies and gifts.

No god need apply.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#513451 Apr 1, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Tri, I couldn't agree with your post anymore than if I tried, I know when speaking for myself, even before I came into the knowledge of God / Christ I always had the sense of there being something far greater myself even when I didn't understand who or what that was, and I from the earliest age possible always felt I was different than others in how I felt about things in general, and I just feel that God put that in me. It is funny how anyone can look at all of creation around them and not come to the common sense that SOMETHING ( even if they are not in the knowledge of exactly who or what ) far greater than man put it all in place.
It just makes you realize how Blessed and fortunate you really are and when you look at the bigger picture, they are to really be pitied, and I do feel sorry for them and try to keep them in prayer.
My view of atheists range from pity to incredulous. More to the incredulous side.

Instinctively as in your experience to some extent, I knew all of creation including the human could not have appeared by happenstance or chance. In saying that although there are a lot of good things about Buddhism, that gnawing feeling deep down made me realize just because Buddhism feels good, does not make it true.

I was quite weary of Christianity for a long time because I saw so much hypocrites. People declaring one thing but when they are not in church doing things blatantly opposite to bible doctrine. Christians that speak in tongues and so forth leaving the faith.

But its not about Christianity, its about Jesus Christ. Its not about feelings, its about relationship. Jesus Christ is truth.

That understanding changed the course of my life.

But yeah, atheists are simply incredulous to me. I saw a writing one time where the writer said "Atheists does not exist, he does not believe in them" LOL.

Honestly I'm not really sure atheists truly exist. If they do, they are very few. And as Riverside Redneck writer wrote, there are no atheists on this billboard. I would concur.

Fennario

#513452 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
You're latest posts reflect the opposite, Councillor.
&#20013;&#22283;&# 26159;&#22914;&#20309; &#65311;
Is this what you call providing evidence?

Here's something for free: it's "counselor." Why? Because he gives counsel - legal consel.

A council is a group of people that might give counsel, or might just give edicts.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#513453 Apr 1, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Where does your bible say that?
Christians say the Darndest things!
A GOD is not real, but at least stick to the script.
What script you talkin about you mean I cannot free think like all the rest here on this thread.Who said,anything about the Bible.
Well ifin you think those Christians is a piece of work you should hang around with those natives and heathens that run around my part of this world.It is a introduction one does not forget.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#513454 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
I'm speechless...

Fennario

#513455 Apr 1, 2013
Lacez wrote:
The only thing I would contest is the way you say "Christians" instead of "religious people who believe their believes are above others and their rights."
OK. Of course, that's a lot of words. If asked, I would elaborate. Also, the word "Christians" doesn't mean every Christian any more than the word "Americans" in a sentence like "Americans are poor at geography" or "Americans like hamburgers" means every American.

What fraction of Christians do you suppose we would be excluding with that disclaimer? I find that most Christians believe that Christian ways should be above others. In my experience, less than five percent would agree that their god doesn't belong on the money, in the motto, or in the pledge of a nation with a secular government - even after you tell them that it offends, marginalizes and excludes unbelievers. They don't care at all.
Isn't that basically saying that we don't rate? After all, we're not asking them to put "We Trust In No Gods" on the money. We're asking them to not use the money to promote religion or to define Americans using the word "God."

You know the answer to that. Ask a hundred American Christians at random. Their god isn't budging from any of those places until we are strong enough to pry it off. Is there any doubt about that?
And if you agree, read your comment again, and consider it in the light of that. How many innocent toes are we really talking about not stepping on here with such careful language? The less-than-5%?
Lacez wrote:
The only reason you might think that there are a lot more militant Christians is because the loudest are those who stick out the most.
I wasn't referring to militant Christians. I was referring to Christians that step on my rights.
Lacez wrote:
In reality, the militant Christians you speak of (there are the words you should use!) are a pretty small percentage of Christians in general.
I didn't use the word "militant." You introduced it to this discussion just now. I would use the word "selfish" first.

Do the experiment yourself. Ask the next hundred Christians you encounter how many would support removing the word "God" from the pledge, motto and currency, perhaps by signing a petition. Then remind them that their government is secular and see if the number goes up any. Then remind them that atheists feel excluded and/or offended, and see if that matters.

If you get five percent to support your position, I'd be very surprised. Do you disagree?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#513456 Apr 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
All because you are a proven liar.
Not mistaken, not confused, but a disgraceful common liar.
<quoted text>
Can you show me any Chess Jurists lies that you have uncovered to justify that allegation? Are you referring to Chess Jurist's claim that Juice plagiarized? I think that he demonstrated that beyond doubt.
You seem to be using the word "liar" a lot more lately. I thought that you used it pretty loosely with me as well when you made the bare claim that I lied about the Dimwit in prison.
I just spent way to much time reading that exchange here and on
wianlac..yikes.
CJ is now being labeled an alcoholic? For what??
This is how silly G_O_D and Lupy/Juicy are.

Pretty sure CJ would have cut his loses and gone on..
if G and Lupy/Juicy hadn't jumped on the defense so quickly.
They came back swinging and ..there lies the rub, so to speak.

Ofcourse she posted text of someone else's that WASN'T hers.
CJ proved that.
Had anyone not said anything..that post would have been attributed to HER!

Why can't G or Lupy/Juicy see that?

They resemble, at times, that analogy from Scar regarding the chimpanzee
behind the wheel of the 18 wheeler..
Hahaha.. That was perfect.

Fennario

#513457 Apr 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Here is the church
Here is the steeple
Open the door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =m0HHHaFPLUQXX
where are the people?
Nice.

Good riddance.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#513458 Apr 1, 2013

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#513459 Apr 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Holy shit. 2300 posts in three days?!?
C'mon people, seriously?
It wasn't me RR.....

:-)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#513460 Apr 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
hey there sugar cube awee I bet your a tastey one too.I hitin on it abit here and abit there like a lil honey bee want some of the honey.
.. awwwwwhhhh - how sweet. Knew you'd eventually see thing my way ..

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#513461 Apr 1, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
So you storm out..storm back..
Don't have time for the neg. vibe here..you tell some to piss off and swear
you aren't coming back?
- yer just making "cameos" these days.
And you leave again (cause you "really"
don't have the time) w a remark telling "J lu"
to keep everyone in line?..Jlu??
Can I ask you an honest question-
I know she's every where..
all the time (Truths)!
So..seriously..are you Truths?
If we were playing poker.. This would me calling your bluff.
I didnt storm out or storm back. I was respectful to all in my departure. I had a little free time and skimmed some posts and responded. Hardly a storm.

I'll try to make some time for you LeLe. What do you want to talk about. Your two facedness? Your insecurities? How about my lack of Machismo? The fact that you think I'm Deb? Which by the way is just you throwing another friend under the bus (which is common for you) who has shown you nothing but kindness while you insult her time after time..........

Pick a subject I dont care. I'll try to find some time for you.
Lost In Transition

United States

#513462 Apr 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Were you in my mother's womb too?
I probably was.
I get around.

Fennario

#513463 Apr 1, 2013
Skeptics should be inspired by LAWEST's comment. The redeemed FROM the church must say so.
Serah wrote:
Why only skeptics?
Feel free to join us. You are most welcome to do so.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#513465 Apr 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt storm out or storm back. I was respectful to all in my departure. I had a little free time and skimmed some posts and responded. Hardly a storm.
I'll try to make some time for you LeLe. What do you want to talk about. Your two facedness? Your insecurities? How about my lack of Machismo? The fact that you think I'm Deb? Which by the way is just you throwing another friend under the bus (which is common for you) who has shown you nothing but kindness while you insult her time after time..........
Pick a subject I dont care. I'll try to find some time for you.
Well>>>you are missed :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 32 min Quirky 27,020
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 985,753
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 5 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 5 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 6 hr juliakk 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Anthony MN 685,932
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 7 hr Wake Up 2
More from around the web