Why Should Jesus Love Me?
mike

AOL

#513425 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
No, however, your claim that people have faith in make-believe seems like a theory you might have. If I misunderstood, I sincerely apologise :)
Thanks

What is the result of having "Faith" that can't be considered "happen-chance"?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#513426 Apr 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am asking you to change anything you believe at all.I only talkin the what if's.Lay aside all that is in this world knowledge wise even the Bible too go way back way before the beginning of time and explain to me where and how you come to where your are now???
A little beyond my knowledge or that of any man. I can safely only go back into the early 1950s as the part of the 1940s that I lived in are not in my memory. I do have a general knowledge of what man knows about our origins, but none of them relate in any manner to any supernatural happenings.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#513427 Apr 1, 2013
If evolution is about species slowly changing to something better or more suited to their environments, why did anything evolve into a bird?

What's the point? All the water, food & shelter is on the ground.

Can any of you evolutionists give me a good reason why a bird would evolve?

Or how a whale has a pelvic bone?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#513428 Apr 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
She republished another writer's words without quotations marks or attribution....
G_O_D wrote:
So what ? She wrote it to me and no fraud was involved. Topix is not an academic journal nor a classroom.
Where in the definition does it indicate that it matters who the words were written for? And for the record, whomever they were addressed to, her words were published in a public forum.
G_O_D wrote:
You don;t know what plagiarism is, I do. It is part of my job to know exactly what it is.
I think it's the other way around. I don't know why we aren't in agreement here.

Can you find and show me any independent sources that supports your definition? We have seen several on this thread already that contradict it and call what Juice did plagiarism. You seem to have a private definition here.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#513429 Apr 1, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks

What is the result of having "Faith" that can't be considered "happen-chance"?
Seems to me you won't accept any answer given. I once believed as you do, thought as you do. I sincerely hope that you find whatever it is that you're looking for. My experiences are my own.
mike

AOL

#513430 Apr 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
The body is a vessel for the spirit.For every year lived is earthly age but spirit age is one day is equal to one thousand years now you can do the math for the age of your spirit.The spirit is in the mind do you understand now.
Where does your bible say that?

Christians say the Darndest things!

A GOD is not real, but at least stick to the script.

Fennario

#513431 Apr 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
CJ and IANS are calling Luci a theif and liar for not citing something she posted to me 4 months ago.
Actually, I'm not calling Juice either a thief or a liar, even thought she has stolen. I'm calling Juice a plagiarist.

I doubt that her intent was malicious or that she had fraud in her heart. I'll bet that if she knew what was expected of her, that she would have done it.

A single act of stealing does not characterize one as a thief any more than a single act of intoxication qualifies one as an alcoholic. And one is not a liar if there is no intent to deceive, merely mistaken.

Location hidden

#513432 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>G_O_D wrote, "So what ? She wrote it to me and no fraud was involved. Topix is not an academic journal nor a classroom."

Where in the definition does it indicate that it matters who the words were written for? And for the record, whomever they were addressed to, her words were published in a public forum.

G_O_D wrote, "You don;t know what plagiarism is, I do. It is part of my job to know exactly what it is."

I think it's the other way around. I don't know why we aren't in agreement here.

Can you find and show me any independent sources that supports your definition? We have seen several on this thread already that contradict it and call what Juice did plagiarism. You seem to have a private definition here.
Not one of your sources covers public Internet forums, without intent or supports the theory that I committed the crime of theft. Not one. You can keep trolling away like an obsessive nitwit if you like but you'll still be wrong.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#513433 Apr 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists are fools. Just look at some of their reasoning they claim on the billboard.
-That they can possibly have any effect on the power, numbers and vastness of Christianity.
-Claim to be Spiritual, but then says Spiritual can only exist in the physical realm. duh!
-A one cell entity crawled out of sewage eventually became upright and turned into the human being.
-[Wherever the universe came from]stipulation, is science.
-And the stupidest one of them all, telling billions of people they have not experienced the Spirit of God, just because they have not.
I could write many more.
If they had even a lick of sense they would realize what they believe is far more ridiculous laughable and foolish than ANY religion.
Christianity is Authoritative Intellectualism compared to what atheists beliefs. Atheists are fools.
Good morning Tri, I couldn't agree with your post anymore than if I tried, I know when speaking for myself, even before I came into the knowledge of God / Christ I always had the sense of there being something far greater myself even when I didn't understand who or what that was, and I from the earliest age possible always felt I was different than others in how I felt about things in general, and I just feel that God put that in me. It is funny how anyone can look at all of creation around them and not come to the common sense that SOMETHING ( even if they are not in the knowledge of exactly who or what ) far greater than man put it all in place.

It just makes you realize how Blessed and fortunate you really are and when you look at the bigger picture, they are to really be pitied, and I do feel sorry for them and try to keep them in prayer.
mike

AOL

#513434 Apr 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You thinking calendar,clocks,ect,I thinking spirit I talking space and time not earthly as most know it here two different time frames.I explained how the spirit is older than the vessel.Do the math and just give it some thought.
Have you been drinking?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#513435 Apr 1, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
A little beyond my knowledge or that of any man. I can safely only go back into the early 1950s as the part of the 1940s that I lived in are not in my memory. I do have a general knowledge of what man knows about our origins, but none of them relate in any manner to any supernatural happenings.
That being the case we have nothing futher to discuss.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#513436 Apr 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
;0)
I wont be sticking around, I had some free time and thought i'd skim over some posts. I really just dont have the time, even though I'd love to educate Huh..........
You keep everyone in line alright J Lu!!!!!!!!
So you storm out..storm back..
Don't have time for the neg. vibe here..you tell some to piss off and swear
you aren't coming back?
- yer just making "cameos" these days.

And you leave again (cause you "really"
don't have the time) w a remark telling "J lu"
to keep everyone in line?..Jlu??

Can I ask you an honest question-
I know she's every where..
all the time (Truths)!
So..seriously..are you Truths?

If we were playing poker.. This would me calling your bluff.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#513437 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read that one before, lol, happy atheist day Law :)
Hey there Lupy, I'm sorry but an Atheist will not always be happy my friend.

Location hidden

#513438 Apr 1, 2013
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato

Fennario

#513439 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
IANS doesn't seem to have a clue what actually happened, just seems to be showing solidarity.
You copied and pasted several paragraphs of text without indicating that you had done so. That's what happened. I saw your post, Juice, and the one you plagiarized.

It's fascinating watching faith based minds at work. You spin your desired reality at will and defend it with a cognitive bias. You choose to refuse to see the obvious. There is no evidence or argument that can pierce your faith, and we have nothing else to offer. We think in radiaclaly different ways.

Location hidden

#513440 Apr 1, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there Lupy, I'm sorry but an Atheist will not always be happy my friend.
LOL....

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#513441 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
(c:

Fennario

#513442 Apr 1, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
Please provide a link to an actual lie.
Good luck with that.

Location hidden

#513443 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm not calling Juice either a thief or a liar, even thought she has stolen. I'm calling Juice a plagiarist.
I doubt that her intent was malicious or that she had fraud in her heart. I'll bet that if she knew what was expected of her, that she would have done it.
A single act of stealing does not characterize one as a thief any more than a single act of intoxication qualifies one as an alcoholic. And one is not a liar if there is no intent to deceive, merely mistaken.
Which I explained, apologised for and never did again. Then continued to be called a thief, then it's come back up simply because I pointed out one small Greek translation mistake that CJ made and posted the correct translation. What you are defending right now, is 4 months of abuse I've had to cop from CJ. Call me whatever you want, any of you, this is the last time I will post anything about this, it's utter garbage.

Location hidden

#513444 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You copied and pasted several paragraphs of text without indicating that you had done so. That's what happened. I saw your post, Juice, and the one you plagiarized.
It's fascinating watching faith based minds at work. You spin your desired reality at will and defend it with a cognitive bias. You choose to refuse to see the obvious. There is no evidence or argument that can pierce your faith, and we have nothing else to offer. We think in radiaclaly different ways.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>

The above is the most honest thing I've seen you post for awhile, so what this post I'm responding to? Gone back to trolling?

GFY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min ImPeach 26,996
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,891
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Aura Mytha 985,719
solar eclipse a sign of the growing foolishness... 29 min Corvus 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,453
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 2 hr My Comment 5
News Can Americans trust the daily news? (Feb '15) 2 hr Television Engineer 5
More from around the web