“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#513297 Apr 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I just clicked on the link to see what is going on ~ and reading that posting just sort of pointed out that anyone who thought Luci was trying to pass that off as her own probably doesn't know Lucy all that well. That is definitely not her writing style.
Thank you Serah but logic has no place here ;)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#513298 Apr 1, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
~~smile~~
Just leave me some imfo! It surely could all make for a good script...
<quoted text>
Matthew 15
It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man; but that what comets out of the mouth, this defiles a man.
Hugs Sister Friend... and Blessings.
Just blowing thru! xx
Thanks for the hugs and kisses ~ and the Scripture!! We surely do need to watch what comes out of our mouths....

(((*_*)))

#513299 Apr 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of the classroom I could care less about citations. If I am interested I can always say "Where's that from ?"
Yeah; I just learned the hard way LOL

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#513300 Apr 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't go to a real school until I was 14. I was individually tutored until then. My parents thought I needed more social interaction before I went to college so they put a socially awkward 14 year old Asian lesbian into the 10th grade of an intercity High School.
Any guesses to what happened next?
Hopefully you gave as good as you got.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#513301 Apr 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't say that...
I'll keep my leg on you.

We'll know the difference.

#513302 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Thank you sweetie. Will you marry us, we'd like to have a cyber wedding and people keep turning us down :(
I can be a Cyber Marryer - and it will be a pleasure to Cyber Marry you two :)

Location hidden

#513303 Apr 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I just clicked on the link to see what is going on ~ and reading that posting just sort of pointed out that anyone who thought Luci was trying to pass that off as her own probably doesn't know Lucy all that well. That is definitely not her writing style.
You guys act like lying is a bad thing.

You're just kidding, right?

Location hidden

#513304 Apr 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>ummmmm; perhaps you are too young to understand the difference between a baby growing from a fertilised egg! You can't add 3 years on to your life because that is how long it took your parents to conceive you.... but sure you really know that somehow!!
You can't add 9 months onto my life before I sucked air into my lungs. I'm not a fish...but sure you really know that somehow!!

Hello Serah :)

Location hidden

#513305 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Great minds think alike ;)
No, they don't.

Location hidden

#513306 Apr 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Easy referencing :)
I know.

5 is right out.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#513307 Apr 1, 2013
http://unmaskingevolution.com/21-evidence.htm
psalms 23 wrote:
It is an unbiased link.
Strongly disagree
psalms 23 wrote:
I am not very intelligent in the science world at all
If you were, you would be able to recognize why the page you linked to was apologetics, not science. Science embraces the fact of evolution and the likelihood of abiogenesis. Your stuff is radical and comes from well outside of science, even if it was written by scientists.
psalms 23 wrote:
science has its contradiction with in itself, yes?
Do you mean the scientific method or the present body of knowledge? The scientific method is sound, and its output is reliable. Remember that by method, I mean not only the principles of research that generate data, but also the methods that generate theories from research, and the methods that vet both of them. Once an important idea is old enough, and has run the gamut, it is fact. Darwin's main idea is a fact.

The latest propositions in evolutionary science may be controversial or even wrong. But those that last 150 years without being contradicted, especially if they have been useful, or have suggested other confirmed truths, or have suggested other profitable areas of research - whatever survives the complete the entire truth generating methodology is fact.
psalms 23 wrote:
You left out the part, where they concluded and agreed that there is a greater being who Created this world, but they chose not to call him GOD!
Yes. So? You reject their conclusion that your god did not create the universe. You agree with Hoyle that the universe was intelligently designed, but reject his insistence that it wasn't your god that did it without even offering a reason why you do.

I reject their conclusion that there must have been an intelligent designer of any kind. And I owe you no more reason for thinking that than you gave me for inserting your god into Hoyle's metaphysics.

And you have no reasonable objection to somebody rejecting any of the conclusions of your source when you do without justifying that action.

Fennario

#513308 Apr 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Furthermore, that argument is even more powerful when used against gods than it is against abiogenesis. Whatever the chances of the parts of a tiny, weak, fragile, mortal, unconscious cell finding one another are, the chances of a sentient, volitional, omnipotent, immortal, omniscient, omnipresent and perfectly moral entity existing dwarf that.

Can you describe anything less likely to exist uncreated than that? I can't, and I'll bet that you can't, either.
Even a race of such creatures is more likely to exist than only one, unless it cannibalized all of the others.

< crickets chirping >

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#513309 Apr 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I can be a Cyber Marryer - and it will be a pleasure to Cyber Marry you two :)
Oh thank you Serah :)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#513310 Apr 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>You guys act like lying is a bad thing.

You're a cheeky one... Lol

#513311 Apr 1, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Serah but logic has no place here ;)
Yep!! Seems that way ~ I am just getting ready to cuddle up to Prince Pugstar, has been a big day and a big weekend, and feeling it :) Wouldn't it be grand if there was no month end? Just never ending reports, growing day by day..... then we would still have to chop them up, or they would be cumbersome and too long, so I guess I just have to man up and live with month ends until I retire or change courses in career :)

Fennario

#513312 Apr 1, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Ain't it sad how posting 'panty-wearing sissy' could send an 'until-then' decent internet christian into shameful hiding?!
It's actually a little funny to me, not sad.

Where's Dim been?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#513313 Apr 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I can be a Cyber Marryer - and it will be a pleasure to Cyber Marry you two :)
we have the rings

O O

Location hidden

#513314 Apr 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully you gave as good as you got.
I didn't.

I was there to learn. Not in the classroom, I excelled there.

I was there to learn the social hierarchy of American teenagers. I was there to acclimate.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#513315 Apr 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually a little funny to me, not sad.
Where's Dim been?
He is gone and left you talking to yourself. Funny, isn't it ?

You might as well talk to God. LOL

#513316 Apr 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys act like lying is a bad thing.
What? Lying is a bad thing; but if you are referring to the posting that the link took me (us) too, then you would surely see that Luci didn't write that posting.

OK, she did not put the link, nor did she put who wrote it, but she did not sign it off as her own, nor did she try to sell it or make an income from that posting.

Legend has it..... If I post a Scripture from the Bible without quoting which Bible I took it from, or which link, am I committing plagiarism? I use Biblegateway but could just as easily use another link to copy and paste my chosen Scripture(s) from. Is it wrong if I don't tell people I use the King James Version when posting Scriptures because I prefer the older style of writing rather than the new versions.

I have seen quite a few postings where people have taken a Scripture reference number and written what they felt like writing in place of the Scripture. Is that plagiarism? Are they not pretending that they have written the Scripture?

Or is it expected that we will know they have just used their own words and dumped them at the end of the Scripture reference number?

In saying all of this, there is acknowledgement that this is one of those 9 day wonders that will soon disappear and be taken over by something else, but in the meantime, it is taking the pressure off of more sensitive issues, because whole thing has become blown out of proportion as to be unbelievable. IMHO of course..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Pokay 775,457
Moses never existed 4 min Khatru 754
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 559,547
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Dr_Zorderz 265,160
Electrolux Uskumruköy gümüsdere 2O2 8O OI Servi... 18 min electrofersen 1
Electrolux Servis ( Sariyer Bahceköy, kilyos, 2... 23 min electrofersen 1
Ev Aletleri Ürünler Electrolux SARIYER 299 I5 3... 28 min electrofersen 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 175,658
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Anti-Christ 441,777
More from around the web