“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#512753 Mar 31, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
A third of the angels disagreed. According to myth, they knew your god personally. They knew what heaven had to offer. And they freely chose to leave it. You have zero reason to think that it won't be the same for you: a chance to rebel and be cast out of heaven. Your god seems to prefer that.

trifecta1 wrote, " YHWH will give the Jesus Follower a nature where the Jesus Follower is not a robot, a nature that is higher than the angel, but will have no desire to rebel."

That's a robot.

Besides, your god has no interest in such creatures or he would have made us that way on earth. Your assumption, which you cannot support with scripture, contradicts everything else your bible teaches about your god and what it likes.

Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
"Help! I'm being repressed!"

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#512754 Mar 31, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>You christians are always "Faking" it.
Faking what Mike?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#512755 Mar 31, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
All things are possible with God, yes i totaly agree. Now as for the individual doing those things and completing them is another story. For some who's faith is strong and has a challenge in life and they accomplish that, then yes it was and is possible. Now a person who is the opposite, meaning weak in faith not able to find the will or strenght and does not reach his goal, then for that person it wasnt possible..
Depends soley on the person for the outcome.
Once again, the scripture says:

Matthew 17:20 - "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

According to that, your faith can be quite weak.Just a mustard seed will do. And with that, you are promised that you can move a mountain by speaking to it.

Once again, it amazes me that we have to debate whether that scripture reports the truth or not. I consider faith - the reason you think this way - to be very detrimental to you.

How can this type of thinking be any good for you? I understand how it's good for the people that want you to do things in their interest. If they teach you to ignore common sense and common decency, they can teach you to believe and do almost anything. You might even believe that somebody rose for the dead that now wants you to obey the priests and give them money.

But how does it serve you to think that such things are possible?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#512756 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>Once again, the scripture says:

Matthew 17:20 - "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

According to that, your faith can be quite weak.Just a mustard seed will do. And with that, you are promised that you can move a mountain by speaking to it.

Once again, it amazes me that we have to debate whether that scripture reports the truth or not. I consider faith - the reason you think this way - to be very detrimental to you.

How can this type of thinking be any good for you? I understand how it's good for the people that want you to do things in their interest. If they teach you to ignore common sense and common decency, they can teach you to believe and do almost anything. You might even believe that somebody rose for the dead that now wants you to obey the priests and give them money.

But how does it serve you to think that such things are possible?
"If she weighs the same as a duck, that means she's made of wood!"
mike

AOL

#512757 Mar 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you tell me what is fake about enjoying a tree full of birds who are eating the buds or what is fake about watching a squirrel run up a tree and scaring the birds.Ya lump it all together like making donut dough,why do you not enjoy the simple things in life??
Thanks

If I didn't suffer from "simplicity", I wouldn't be on this entertainment site.

"Nature" is wonderful to watch and hear.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#512758 Mar 31, 2013
zander714 wrote:
Everyone on this site needs Jesus.
Yes.
mike

AOL

#512759 Mar 31, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Faking what Mike?
Hello

Being content with make-believe

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#512760 Mar 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. although Hoyle and Wickramasinghe are scientists, they reject evolution and their opinions are not supported by the mainstream scientific community ..
.. serious questions ..
1. Why do creationists seek websites that confirm their belief in Intelligent Design and reek of confirmation bias?
2. Why do you seek evidence?
3. Isn't your belief strong enough ??..
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You say they reject evolution, and you get that from where?
.. google the bios of Hoyle & Wickramasinghe ..
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I would assume the same reason Atheist seek and read websites, books and literature of bias scientis in such, to confirm their belief.
.. scientific theory is based on evidence whereas belief is based on faith. Believers regularly post links to websites claiming absolute proof of God when such evidence doesn't exist because it's impossible to devise a scientific experiment to prove God. That's deceitful. These websites lie for religion and it's not fair to any reader searching for truth ..

.. it seems believers want their personal experience, their walk with God, validated. That's confirmation bias. Everytime I read, " ... blah, blah, blah proves God," I open the link to find more lies. Aren't you just wasting someone's time because, ultimately, your belief is based only on faith and personal experience ??..
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
2. What leads you to believe i am seeking?
.. you seek confirmation of your beliefs or you wouldn't be reading websites that claim proof of God ..
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
3. Yes. Solid for me.
.. then why do you seek confirmation of your beliefs ??..

Fennario

#512761 Mar 31, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
On second thought, I guess you have been following me for a while since you called me by a name that was only revealed on one of the other threads after it had been illegally provided to a poster by a police office person.
Now I am trying to guess who I know you as.:)
She also calls Rider On The Storm "Larry."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#512762 Mar 31, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>It is also rather hypocritical of you to call me presumptuous in pointing out your lack of Godly knowledge, what is hypocritical is for you to say that I know no more about God than anyone who do not believe and dismiss my knowledge that is imparted to every true believer by his spirit as a "con job" and how I've been had hook, line and sinker, while accusing me of not knowing what it is that you know or know not........WHEEEEEEEEW.

Truth is that it is your own words that allows me to know where your head is at on this subject, without sounding "all knowing" you really are like an open book to me, and you know I have a theory about atheist like yourself, I believe that deep down you do know that the existence of a being far greater than man does exist and that it is nagging at you deep down at your core and you don't really have the gumption to face it and take on the vast possibility of God's existence, and so you avoid reading scripture like I posted because you are afraid to face it and open up your mind to how wrong and off keyed you have been for all of your life. Really very sad.
Gee, I've never heard that one before.

Please, keep blessing us with your original insights.
Kelly Joanne Cannon

Hampton, VA

#512764 Mar 31, 2013
"Taking responsibility for one's actions, especially for God and Jesus, whom I truly believe in as my strong world saviors, is strong, not weak."

Fennario

#512765 Mar 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Pretty funny.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#512766 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>Most of them, yes. You don't, and most of the rest of the Christian posters here don't either.

trifecta1 wrote, "because they defend and discuss their faith, sometimes passionately against the likes of you on the billboard? is that your reasoning?"

That would be reason enough. But there is more. I see Christians on these threads and in my life that are absolutely miserable.

trifecta1 wrote, "The Jesus Follower will be perfect in heaven. There won't be a desire to sin because a Jesus Follower will not have this old sin flesh and bone nature to sin."

You assume too much. Why would you be perfect in heaven? The angels that rebelled weren't. Are you expecting to be turned into a robot?
His response will be, "That does not compute."

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#512767 Mar 31, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello

Being content with make-believe
That's an interesting theory. Tell me more?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#512768 Mar 31, 2013
A third of the angels disagreed. According to myth, they knew your god personally. They knew what heaven had to offer. And they freely chose to leave it. You have zero reason to think that it won't be the same for you: a chance to rebel and be cast out of heaven. Your god seems to prefer that.

trifecta1 wrote, " YHWH will give the Jesus Follower a nature where the Jesus Follower is not a robot, a nature that is higher than the angel, but will have no desire to rebel."

That's a robot.

Besides, your god has no interest in such creatures or he would have made us that way on earth. Your assumption, which you cannot support with scripture, contradicts everything else your bible teaches about your god and what it likes.

Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
Seems everybody eventually gets bored with eternity except for god.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#512769 Mar 31, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I've never heard that one before.
Please, keep blessing us with your original insights.
I'll try, but it will likely be wasted on ya.(c:

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#512770 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>Neither have you. Nor anybody else.

trifecta1 wrote, " Why are you even attempting to figure out Angels that are invisible and of the Spiritual realm of existence???
"

I'm not. They don't exist.

And the only spiritual realm is this one that we live in.

If you are imagining make-believe lands and worshiping nonexistent ghosts, you are not spiritual. Spirituality comprises a sense of connectivity to a mysterious and awe-inspiring reality, and the sense of gratitude that follows.

How is living life as if you're an alien in your own universe, one which you consider vile, spiritual?

How is it spiritual to feel like a ghost that is temporarily trapped in vile case of flesh in a failed world from which you hope to be rescued?

Your religion cheats you out a chance at authentic spirituality by teaching you to hate your body and your world, and diverting your attention from it to nothingness.
Well said.

And an excellent response to all those who claim atheism and spirituality are not compatible.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#512771 Mar 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well I happen to think your analysis of who has the gifts of spirit based on a internet billboard is quite absurd. Looks as if because Christians defend their faith, to you they do not have peace or the gifts of the Spirit.

Jesus defended and discussed passionately. Does that mean by your definition Jesus did not have the fruits of the Spirit and did not have peace?

You see Christians on this billboard and in your life that are miserable?? You can actually see the lives of Christians that are on this billboard??? Really? how so?

Maybe in your life behind the billboard you need to hang around different Christians :)

I will be perfect in heaven, because God is His word says I will be perfect in heaven.

Humans don't have dominion over [all] animals now. Go and try and tame a crocodile and see what happens. We lost dominion when sin was introduced.

All your theological gyrations and hypothetical arguments into a spiritual world is all precedent on the presence of Sin, Lucifer and a War.

And all three will not be present when the Jesus Follower enters Glory. Eventually Satan and his kingdom will be eternally damned, therefore no sin, and no war. Eternal Peace for the Jesus Follower. Glory to God!
Happy Easter Tri!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#512772 Mar 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Discussions do not make me uncomfortable. If they did, I would not discuss. Do you like to engage in activities that make you uncomfortable??

God did make he first humans that way on earth. The presence of the Enemy of God, tempted the first humans. They knew it was not the voice of God, and they yielded to a fraud. Humans introduced sin into existence, not God. Humans are responsible for sin.

1/3 of Angels disagreed, because they was a WAR. Lucifer, was an extremely potent and powerful presence in heaven. Pride took him over, and he went after God. That just shows how powerful the enemy of God is. A Jesus Follower will not have lucifer in heaven to start a war, so I'm quite comfortable in that I will not want to rebel.

However that is the afterlife. For now the blessings is this life is good. When I get to Glory with the Christ, that is a whole another existence. I will be concerned with that existence, when it comes.
How do you know you're not being fooled by satan?

Fennario

#512773 Mar 31, 2013
The part of my life without your religion has been much better than the part with it. How can you account for that if being separate from your god is so unnatural? Why am I still strongly recommending unbelief rather than lamenting the choice after so many years?
psalms 23 wrote:
Well really cant give an account, because i personaly dont know you
How does that matter? I am telling you that my life was like a crooked path on god, and has been much better since.
psalms 23 wrote:
IMO you had head religion and you never allowed God to be the Lord of your life.
I guess knowing me isn't important for judging me.

How could "head religion," whatever that is, make my life worse than it has been with no religion?

Are you saying that your god rejected me even while I was still fervently loving, obeying and worshiping it? Obviously, I had no use for such a thing then or now.

As I said, I have been much better off since walking away from faith. How do you account for that?
psalms 23 wrote:
In order to see and identify a crooked line, you must first know what a straight one is.?
I have lived both lives. I know which one is crooked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min River Tam 777,947
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 5 min Ed Teach 98
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 6 min WasteWater 5,155
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 265,421
White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 8 min that guy you know 463
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 560,384
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min yon 39,377
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 hr yon 4,875
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
More from around the web