“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#512599 Mar 30, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are right
because exist milions of very humble and meek ones christians who
are mocked or insulted by gays atheists like IANS

he doesn't realize that seating here insulting,mocking their free worship of their God is simple violation of american constitution of free worship and free speach,or free expressing own opinions

this atheist act against normal Constitution mocking and creat agrivation among those here eleder christians who enjoy their discussions about their religion and their God

such like IANS SUPPOSE TO BE OUT FROM THIS TOPIC,OR BAN BY TOPIX MODERATOR FROM SPREADING LIBEL,HATE, AND INSULTING OLD CHRISTIANS MOSTLY SICK,LONELY, AND VERY SWEET SINGLE OLD MAN AND WOMEN?
I forgot he should add another category; idiots who spew bullshit like it's worth something. Example; you.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#512600 Mar 30, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
also stick your web pages and your truth into your a...and fly to the moon....
More anger.

But thanks for playing.

Johnnie, tell this poster about our fabulous consolation prizes.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#512601 Mar 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree!
Gracefuly said, and seasoned with a pinch of salt..
Thank you Psalms 23;

Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, evenwhen we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved—

http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/20-in... ***

Let us find that which we seek :)

#512604 Mar 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I choosen to share with you one of my many shopping adventures.
I went to a large chain grocery store in a large city one time to buy making for a salad.I wondered around checking the prices of afew items on my way to the produce area.I got most of the makings for this simple salad and when I got to the tomatoes found one large one that looked good.All of a sudden the big woman come tearing down the isle at me and let out a hollower what are you doin with my tomato.lol I started laughing which pss her off as that is the way this stuck me.lol.She grabbed the tomato out of my hands and wanted to argue with me over this silly tomato.lol she sacked that tomato like it was the last tomato in this world lol. Here is why it stuck me as funny was a whole bin of tomatoes.lol.
And they all looked just like the one she said was her speicial tomato.lol The wonder of it all.lol.Yep a Big Picture lol.
Cheers ~ I have seen that all too often in my life, and I guess most times it has to do with cars. Some will race past you with desperation or some such thing, only to be sitting next to you at the next red light. Or flatten their foot on the pedal just so you can't get in, even though they have surely seen your indicator.

And I think most of us would have seen people getting crushed rushing into those huge after Christmas sales.... just so they can save some dollars on something they probably didn't want or need anyway? Thank GOD the big picture is made up of little pieces, or we would all be driving around like mad men (and women, just using me in general here) and rushing for the last big tomato :)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#512605 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he be trying to figure out non-existent things at all? Do you not think that most of us have enough existing things on our plate to deal with without trying to figure out the imaginings of people who for some reason can't seem to use reason?
You state you have experienced YHWH through the risen Christ. Please describe that experience in a manner that the rest of us will know when we experience it too, as many of us may have already experienced it but mistook it for something else. Possibly indigestion or bowel gas, or maybe a minor heart attack?
When I almost died of a bowel obstruction in 2007, my wife was giving me various remedies which, because I had a yet undiagnosed bowel obstruction, could have hastened my death, instead of saved me. It is not always good when we mistake something for something else. The same could be said of your experience of God.
How frequently have you seen the Risen Christ? Did he look like the middle ages paintings of Him, or were you surprised that He looked like nothing you ever imagined. Did he touch you physically and where did he touch you? Did he speak in your language or did he speak in the language that the character Jesus, if he lived in the land where His story originated, would have spoke in? Does he speak English with a slight biblical accent?
Is his English Old English as many like to quote today from Bibles written several hundred years ago, or did he speak in a southern drawl like some of your USA Bible Belt Bible Thumpers?
If He appeared to you again would you remember him from the first time? Or is He always before you now, so you see Him every second you are awake, or possibly even when you are asleep?

QUOTE who="boooots"]<qu oted text>
You state you have experienced YHWH through the risen Christ. Please describe that experience in a manner that the rest of us will know when we experience it too,
No.

Its personal.

My subjective spiritual experiential life of faith in God is for me, and me alone.

Either go and seek your own experience with God, or continue to believe there is no God. Either way it's your call, not mine. And your actions are none of my business, and neither do they affect me or my faith.

#512606 Mar 30, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Though isn't there some scripture against it or something? I've had arguments about it with some people who swear that their god is against it.
Not that I know of ~ I believe JESUS sanctified all of GOD's creations, but;

Genesis 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

The same goes for the Poppies that they create heroin from;

***When used in medicine it is typically used to treat severe pain, such as that resulting from a heart attack or a severe injury. The name "heroin" is only used when being discussed in its illegal form. When it is used in a medical environment, it is referred to as diamorphine. The white crystalline form considered "pure heroin" is usually the hydrochloride salt, diacetylmorphine hydrochloride.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin ***

It really is a matter of keeping ourselves under control ~ moderation as such, but of course, all of this is my belief and not necessarily how others feel.
Expert in All Things

Redding, CA

#512607 Mar 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
More anger.
But thanks for playing.
Johnnie, tell this poster about our fabulous consolation prizes.
Well Chess, let's start with a trip to the Holy Land of your choice. Yes, you and a guest will be heading to Rome where you'll have the option to take the Holocaust Hopper to Jerusalem or catch the Jihad Jumbo to Mecca..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#512608 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading your post I could envision a metal robot or a home computer speaking in a mechanical artificially produced voice mouthing the jargon that man had fed into the machine. Can you not speak in the language of a human being, or are you so indoctrinated, that all you can do is repeat dogma, likely without a clue as to what you are actually saying?
Well its my dogma, and I will repeat it as much as I so wish. What is likely or not likely to you is irrelevant to me.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#512609 Mar 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
So is their any unbiased evidence out there that would satisfy you?
Some people choose one deity or many deities to believe in out of the possible thousands available to believe in, using the same types of reasoning that all others who believe in entirely different deities, use. I've chosen no deities, based upon the reasons that theists use in not choosing deities they have no belief in.

Or at least say they did, by looking at the "available evidence" - objectively - when in reality accepting a belief in a deity is an entirely subjective evaluation or process, purely dependent on a desire to believe, absent evidence, and supported by faith alone that there are deities.

Faith - negates a need for evidence at all, and will rule out all evidences to the contrary, if it places that faith supported deity belief in jeopardy.

The type of evidence I'm talking about is the same type of evidence that suffices for water. People don't disagree that water is water. Further, a person can dispute that water is water, and it can be tested to see if it is. That type of belief doesn't rely on a suspension of reason or on faith alone.

The type of evidence I'm talking about doesn't require a suspension of reason, or accepting a special circumstance to give a belief or trust, that something is what you claim it is(in your case, your deity belief), based upon the special circumstance that's required for me to accept it, when others may not accept it as well, unless they also utilize the special circumstance that you or another that believes as you, accepts in order to believe.

Faith supported beliefs are a strange thing, and completely unlike evidence and fact supported beliefs.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#512611 Mar 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
How have you come to what you now believe?
I think the more accurate way to phrase your question would be to ask; Why is it that you don't believe what I<(psalms 23) believe.

See above.
psalms 23 wrote:
Why i chose God/Christ as being the God of my life and faith, is very simple.
Were you raised within a Christian culture?
psalms 23 wrote:
The promise's he spoke of that would happen to me if i ony believe and trust in him, came true the instant i believed them. That ''spirtual change'' that took place inside of my soul,is what made a believer out of me.
Ahh, yes, anecdotal evidences that are meaningless to any but yourself as a convincing argument as a reason for belief, and accepting those reasons as being representative of our commonly shared and agreed upon reality. They only convince you.

Lemme ask you something. If I were to present you with a glass of something that does not look like water, would you take my assertion that it is water?

Would you prefer to test those contents to ensure that it is indeed water, by a method that would remove any doubt as to what it is?

Or would you allow faith in my assertion that it is water to guide your decision in lieu of testing by an unbiased method of verification that would convince you and myself, or any other?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#512612 Mar 30, 2013
Expert in All Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Chess, let's start with a trip to the Holy Land of your choice. Yes, you and a guest will be heading to Rome where you'll have the option to take the Holocaust Hopper to Jerusalem or catch the Jihad Jumbo to Mecca..
Now that's good.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#512613 Mar 30, 2013
Thighumper wrote:
We would all still be in the garden of Eden if only Adam wasn't such a bastid to Lilith and tried to make her bow down to him ... then none of you bible thumping haters would even exist ... think about that you jerks !!!!!
Maybe. But then there would not be choice. Mankind would not know the difference between right, and wrong. And we would all be robots, perfect, upright and happy blissful robots no doubt, but robots. And we would not have a choice to love God.

Sin, gives mankind a choice to love and embrace God, or to hate and reject God. And to God's perspective, that kind of love, is the ultimate Glory. To mankind, the suffering death war famine evil and all the horror and terrible things that can befall mankind, that love, is hard for mankind to give. And most won't, and they hate and reject God's peace offering, the Christ.

But seeing it from the perspective of God, even with the heavy price of sin and evil entering this world, I'm sure God would rather have the love of many, even if it is not from the hearts of most. Was it all worth it? from the beginning starting with the Garden to allow sin to be introduced into the earth? I think most of the world would say no, but God/Jesus/the Spirit of God, say yes it was. It was worth it. And God's say in the end, is really the only say that matters.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#512614 Mar 30, 2013
Blessed Easter.

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#512615 Mar 30, 2013
Hi everyone..Just saying Happy Easter.. Hopefully,, I can come back..I miss everyone.
Adam

Germany

#512616 Mar 30, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
none ot the presidents or rulers of this world are the man of true God
because all power are given to appointed time to satan-
also they are servants of devil
difference is that MASONS doesn't exist anymore,and this propoganda about masons is very good food for low profile brains-for example yours
You moron.Don´t argue about things of you have no knowledge.Prove me they don´t exist.

I See A Rainbow!

#512617 Mar 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's good.
Hi Chess Jurist..How have you been??
Expert in All Things

Redding, CA

#512618 Mar 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the more accurate way to phrase your question would be to ask; Why is it that you don't believe what I<(psalms 23) believe.
See above.
<quoted text>Were you raised within a Christian culture?
<quoted text> Ahh, yes, anecdotal evidences that are meaningless to any but yourself as a convincing argument as a reason for belief, and accepting those reasons as being representative of our commonly shared and agreed upon reality. They only convince you.
Lemme ask you something. If I were to present you with a glass of something that does not look like water, would you take my assertion that it is water?
Would you prefer to test those contents to ensure that it is indeed water, by a method that would remove any doubt as to what it is?
Or would you allow faith in my assertion that it is water to guide your decision in lieu of testing by an unbiased method of verification that would convince you and myself, or any other?
That is a good argument,

I'll tell you why it is a good argument, because I recall it was first made by a Snake!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#512619 Mar 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well its my dogma, and I will repeat it as much as I so wish. What is likely or not likely to you is irrelevant to me.
Hey Tri :) Happy Easter! Missed you Bro :)
Adam

Germany

#512620 Mar 30, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a free mason?
This is my show I ask the questions.

I See A Rainbow!

#512621 Mar 30, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Shut-up Stupid.
Hi Hick-up.How have you been?? Place hasnt changed..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 49,617
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Barnsweb 445,762
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min hojo 647,072
4 Best book to learn CPA 48 min VPNproxy 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,730
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr The Hangman 971,823
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,116
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 105,691
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 6 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web