Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#512534 Mar 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh there are many con jobs and con job artists out there alright, even in the alledged religious world, but there is also a truth to be had and guided into if your heart and intentions are honest, Yea, I am one of the Blessed few and I know saying that is going to steam a lot of people, but the redeemed of the Lord must say so.
Well that brought a smile to my face, so it can't be all bad, though I think the smile was more to do with your naivete than your knowledge. I find it sort of amusing that some people think they have something over others by virtue of their 'knowing God'. I also know that they are making a statement that is a crock, and has been exposed long ago, by people who once made similar statements until they finally decided to get out of the Bible thumping business and join the real world.

Even if you are actually gullible enough to believe that by virtue of your becoming the Christian you think you are today, you have some special connection that the rest of us don't have, you have been conned.

I think I would respect your intelligence more if you are lying rather than you really fell for it. At least you still have your intelligence, even though a liar, but if you fell for that story, then it is rather scary to think about what else you might have fallen for.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#512535 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You are forgiven, my child, go and sin no more.:)
I too have done many things in my life, which at the time I felt less than Christ-like in doing, but they were what I wanted to do at that particular point in my life.
I don't expect anyone to perfectly follow anything they claim to believe in, because as humans we are all faced with so many situations that it is virtually impossible to even be able to think what the 'right' thing is in every second of our lives.
I do however get a bit miffed when someone daily abuses others, and daily commits things that their stated beliefs will not tolerate, and then condemn others for acting in the same way even though the others do not have the same set of beliefs.
I really liked how you worded that post.
I do not know you as a long term poster; at least not by that name. However there are a group of people here who post on several threads who have posted together for several years, and we do tend to get to understand a bit about the other person's manner of posting and what they consider important etc., and some of us have been spending the better part of 2 to 4 years daily posting to one or two individuals who have consistently maintained they are the 'best Christians that exist'(my words entirely), but are constantly being attacked for posting outright lies, and to date have always eventually had to admit to the lie, when the evidence became too great.
Of course this goes entirely against the purpose of this site, and neither this or these people or ourselves should have been stooping to personal attacks, but at least in my case, I was so taken aback by the behavior and bigotry of these posters that I became immersed in personal issues rather than the topics posted.
I have posted in the WINLAC and the Atheist Faith forum, but don't belong there. My time in those forums was short ~ I cannot see why one would want to hang out with those that draw forth argument, hence I hang out in the JESUS love forum :)

#512537 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, now I do feel foolish, as you were not responding to me at all, even though you called the other poster by my real name, which a dishonest person posted here a while back after getting it from the police illegally. Otherwise, I am aware of only two Topix posters who know my real name because we are or were friends on Facebook.
Sometimes it pays to read something before replying, though because he had quoted me so much, which you copied, I kind of overlooked that you were addressing him, not me.
My comments about my long winded posts still apply however.:(
Hi Larry :)

#512538 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are rather silly words, because one could have made that statement any time in the past 2000 or however many years you are talking about and it would have been as relevant or not.
What outcome? We are not at an outcome yet. We are in a spot in history that is one hell of a lot better than say the period between 1914-1918 or 1939-1945. Fortunately I was born after those events. In the more progressive countries humans in general are treated much better than ever before in history.
Yes, we have some serious problems, but we also have 3 times the population or more than the world has ever seen before, and today we hear about what is happening in all parts of the world, almost daily, whereas in the past many people never knew much about anything beyond their own small area of the world.
People have been saying the same things as you state all 66 years of my life, and no End Times have come, and I highly suspect that has been the case in many centuries in the past also.
I have very little patience with fear mongers, who grasp onto imaginary situations based on what some comparatively uneducated person said thousands of years ago, and try to draw some conclusions to frighten people today.
Personally I think that anyone who instills fear in others about soemthing which they cannot specifically point to, with physical evidence then they should shut up or face arrest for fear mongering. If one hears and knows that an army has set out and will arrive at our border in 'x' hours and it intends to kill everyone it encounters, then we have cause to be afraid and take action. But when some jackass starts preaching that on May 21, 2011, or whatever that date that idiot in the USA had a whole mess of people all upset about, which never happened, and nothing even remotely similar happened, people like that should be severely punished by the state.
Let's deal with real problems in our world, not with some predictions that some invisible God is going to come down and snatch away all the good guys, and leave the rest in some sort of horror.
We are an outcome when we take our last breath.....
Adam

Germany

#512539 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you base your life on that myth, then I can't expect much good to come of your life.
What is your basis?
No morals no religion only democracy?
Adam

Germany

#512540 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you base your life on that myth, then I can't expect much good to come of your life.
Just because you think so doesn´t make it true.

#512541 Mar 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been to a museum of natural history ?
Butterflies are captured killed and pinned up by their wings just like a crucifiction.
There are no zombie butterflies. Dead is dead. If you get up from being dead then you weren't dead.
Have you ever seen a mummified Mummy? There is no life in an empty vessel, G, my Mother died in my arms, there was just the two of us, and I felt her life go. My little Queen Puggy died in my arms too, and I felt her life go. No need to tell me there is no life where there is no life ~ but you will never convince me that our Soul does not move on to a new realm, no matter how many times you write it, and no matter which words you choose.

#512542 Mar 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been my experience that there are very few Christians that want to step outside of the context of "Christianity" - no matter how bizarre the interpretations and twisted and illogical prophecy fulfillment declarations or intricate hoop jumping affirmations of their religious texts may be - and look at just exactly what that text represents and springs from.
They don't want to look at that.
So, we're stuck discussing their religious texts based upon their interpretations and beliefs. At times I find it difficult to discuss the mythology on those terms - as if it represents an actual reality - but those are the terms they believe, and by necessity, we discuss those beliefs with the Christian on their terms much of the time. It's amusing, I'll grant that, however, I'm not sure how else to approach it.
Those are their beliefs, no matter how erroneous or fact-less they happen to be.
Why do you feel stuck discussing with us religious texts in a forum about JESUS? What compels you to hang out with Christians, knocking their belief, or their FAITH? Why would you need to approach us in a manner of any kind?

#512544 Mar 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. although Hoyle and Wickramasinghe are scientists, they reject evolution and their opinions are not supported by the mainstream scientific community ..
.. serious questions ..
1. Why do creationists seek websites that confirm their belief in Intelligent Design and reek of confirmation bias?
2. Why do you seek evidence?
3. Isn't your belief strong enough ??..
Why does one want to learn? Ahhh; there is an old saying, when you aren't learning, you're dead :) Can't speak for everyone else in here, of course, but when there is a challenge put forth, that touches something within I will seek that which helps prove my own FAITH, because somewhere out there, there are many who know much more than I do, being a mere fledgling in the land of Eagles!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#512546 Mar 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I've provided proof on WINLAC. But since the matter has spilled over to this thread, here it is again.
Your post without attribution:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
The original source:
http://www.unicorngarden.com/bkshe4.htm
I also provided proof that plagiarism is widely considered theft. From my post on WINLAC:
From Merrian-Webster:
pla·gia·rize
...to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
....to commit literary theft....
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...
From thesaurus.com :
literary theft
Main Entry: plagiarism
Definition: copying of another's written work
http://thesaurus.com/browse/literary+theft
From the Free Dictionary:
literary theft
See: plagiarism
Burton's Legal Thesaurus, 4E. Copyright © 2007 by William C. Burton. Used with permission of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
From two academic resources:
Plagiarism is defined as “literary theft”....
http://www.ugs.usf.edu/catalogs/0102/adadap.h...
Plagiarism is literary theft of a person's work....
http://www.ohiodominican.edu/uploadedFiles/Li...
Google returned approximately 23,000 results for the exact phrase "plagiarism is literary theft" in about a quarter of a second.
You really should lay off the booze CJ, it's not good for your innards or you brain. None of what you have provided covers or even mentions what I did. I also don't go to the University of Ohio so their handbook is of no use to me. I know what plagiarism is CJ. Still no proof of theft and you may not know this so I'll tell you as an act of kindness, this is not an academic environment. Sure, what I did ruffled your feathers as the new girl wasn't supposed to use your little games against you but it wasn't theft and you still have nothing and this is just getting sad now since you keep contradicting yourself. Have fun with your grudge and all.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#512547 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not enjoy sex with animals? Humans are animals; in fact they are considered by themselves as being at the top of the animal chart. Do you oppose sex with humans?
Have you tried sex with other non-human animals? I haven't so I can't express an opinion as to whether it would be pleasant or not. I suspect most animals, not human, would not interest me sexually, but that could be because I am 66 now and maybe a bit more fussy.
Do you think I sound a bit silly? If so, just imagine how silly I sound and multiply that by about 10 and then you might have an idea of how silly you sound.
boots--do you like taking posts out of context? twisting them around? you know good and well, that he meant ANIMALS of the lower class , example--dogs,horses, etc. NOT HUMANS---comprehenda?

Don't be so silly and CORNEY.
Name appears on post

Berwick, PA

#512548 Mar 30, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
boots--do you like taking posts out of context? twisting them around? you know good and well, that he meant ANIMALS of the lower class , example--dogs,horses, etc. NOT HUMANS---comprehenda?
Don't be so silly and CORNEY.
There is no "lower class."
Adam

Germany

#512549 Mar 30, 2013
Thanks to god Boooots isn´t he president of the USA. Things would turn much uglier than now with Obama.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#512551 Mar 30, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Just sitting here thanking GOD that doing it wrong usually turns out alright :)
And another little smile for you :)- one of happiness, of course :)
Yes Mam! I caught all those smiles :)

Thank ye Mam--:)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#512552 Mar 30, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should lay off the booze CJ, it's not good for your innards or you brain. None of what you have provided covers or even mentions what I did. I also don't go to the University of Ohio so their handbook is of no use to me. I know what plagiarism is CJ. Still no proof of theft and you may not know this so I'll tell you as an act of kindness, this is not an academic environment. Sure, what I did ruffled your feathers as the new girl wasn't supposed to use your little games against you but it wasn't theft and you still have nothing and this is just getting sad now since you keep contradicting yourself. Have fun with your grudge and all.
You plagiarize -- committed literary theft. The proof is in the links.

Your continued denials demonstrate your moral bankruptcy.

And for that I thank you.
Adam

Germany

#512553 Mar 30, 2013
Adam

Germany

#512554 Mar 30, 2013
Obama is a free mason

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#512555 Mar 30, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you feel stuck discussing with us religious texts in a forum about JESUS? What compels you to hang out with Christians, knocking their belief, or their FAITH? Why would you need to approach us in a manner of any kind?
Because I want to and it serves a purpose.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#512557 Mar 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I'm not LS, whoever that is.
Second, she did not give her source; she plagiarized from it.
She's a thief and you're an apologist.
I'll gladly post the links again.
Since I nailed her lying and thieving, your nonsense has been endless. I'm a POS, an alcoholic, and a pathological liar, all according to you.
The result?
Posts like this:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
Now, you can continue to lie, but it will fare no better for you.
I've proven she plagiarized and that plagiarism is literary theft.
Deal with it.
Or continue to lie about me.
The result will be the same: A professor will get schooled by an ol' country boy -- again.
Because I'm in such a good mood, I'll throw you a bone lest you continue to make an @$$ out of yourself... since you love to dig up 4 month old posts, go back a few pages from where i posted and read G's posts regarding Lilith, maybe you'll get a light bulb, maybe not but there, my gift to you, Happy Easter and may the bunnies bless you and yours with loads of chocolate.

You've got nothing as no law covers topix and places like it, yet. If you really think I'm a thief go report me, theft is a serious crime, how can you stand by as an honest (LMAO) citizen and just let me get away with it? Your silly posts mean nothing. I don't see quotation marks on "ol' country boy" by the way, you stole that, from a copy righted song no less, you're a thief too. Quit being a hypocrite and go enjoy life.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#512559 Mar 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
Obama is a free mason
You spelled, "man", wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min HOLY TRUE PROPHET 690,308
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tellthetruth 989,640
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 18 min TROLL Buster 41,699
Who Will Save The Dying Democrat Party? 38 min Joe Bidens Crotch 6
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr Just4fun 546
Pet Friendly Drug Rehabs - Good idea? 2 hr addictionrecovery 1
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Big Al 518
More from around the web