Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Expert in All Things

Redding, CA

#512488 Mar 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings Psalms 23. an excellent post, and your first sentence is perhaps the best description of an atheist and agnostic that I have ever read, we simply have to pray for them.
Ditto

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#512489 Mar 30, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you sure have plenty of fruits.
Thank you.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#512490 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there were not many true feelings to let out. Possibly the only irritation would be getting up at around 5 am though due to various delays we didn't get to the site until well after sunrise. People here talk of doing things on 'Bajan time', which essentially is something planned will start much later than scheduled.
I guess a very small irritation, which is part of belonging to a marriage and the related families, is that sometimes people make plans and include me in their plans without first checking with me, or even informing me of what these plans are ahead of time.
Had I have had lots of prior warning, though, in this particular situation I would still likely have done much the same as I did, though I might have had longer to think negative thoughts about other people planning my day.
Because this place is the original homeland of my wife, and those we know here are mainly relatives or connections of her, I pretty much just go with the flow. My wife actually sacrifices her own desires a lot of the time because of knowing that I don't particularly like doing certain things, such as going shopping, rather than relaxing on a beach. If she is agreeable to that I have found myself letting her do these things on her own without going with her to assist her, because it seems to be the most manageable solution. As a trade off, although perhaps not spoken, I tend to let her make most of the plans for us.
However, I have always been a follower rather than an initiator in most of my lifetime connections, so doing this here is not unusual for me.
I have participated in a fair number of events such as the sunrise service in my lifetime, so I was not in unfamiliar territory.
Ahhh ~ cheers for sharing.....

We have the Dawn Service on ANZAC Day down here for our Servicemen, and in particular for those who did not make it back home. It is in their honor, in their wives and children's honor, and their parent's honor.

When they play the Last Post on the Bugle, you can feel the goosebumps on the back of your neck, that haunted feeling, and you can feel the emotion in those around you.

There are of course, many tears, but seeing young and old, standing out there in the cold morning ready for the Dawn Service is something that mere words cannot describe.

It would be easy for me to imagine that there would have been people at that early morning service that you shared together, feeling awesome, almost overwhelming feelings, and perhaps that is what makes it all worthwhile for those involved :)
Adam

Germany

#512491 Mar 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good Happy evening Adam, that is some display of "Christ's love" this pretender conveys, isn't it, lol?
You are right.This wicked clown you talked about will deliver himself to Satan.

Happy easter to you bro.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#512492 Mar 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder that, too, Epiphany, as to how we support them all. We work it out, though. On that, I'll say this; I've bought, maybe, two pairs of pants in the past 10 years, and one pair of sneakers. That's one way we support them all. lol
Thank you BLL ~ perhaps we all need reminding that love beats material things hands down .....

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#512493 Mar 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been my experience that there are very few Christians that want to step outside of the context of "Christianity" - no matter how bizarre the interpretations and twisted and illogical prophecy fulfillment declarations or intricate hoop jumping affirmations of their religious texts may be - and look at just exactly what that text represents and springs from.
They don't want to look at that.
So, we're stuck discussing their religious texts based upon their interpretations and beliefs. At times I find it difficult to discuss the mythology on those terms - as if it represents an actual reality - but those are the terms they believe, and by necessity, we discuss those beliefs with the Christian on their terms much of the time. It's amusing, I'll grant that, however, I'm not sure how else to approach it.
Those are their beliefs, no matter how erroneous or fact-less they happen to be.
I was merely commenting on your comment that "1/3 of angels rebelled" as being in the Bible. It is not. My "are you a Christian" sarcasm was based on you appearing to be as unknowledgable about the Bible as most Christians.

Not bashing you, just poking you to keep you on your toes.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#512494 Mar 30, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/public-a sked-stay-away-wash-landslide- 183914175.html Is it time for the Lord Jesus Christ to bring natural disaster Judgements upon this odom and Gommorah-like state where gay marriage is legal,smoking marijuana is legal,and where it is LEGAL TO HAVE SEX WITH ANIMALS??!!
Do you not enjoy sex with animals? Humans are animals; in fact they are considered by themselves as being at the top of the animal chart. Do you oppose sex with humans?

Have you tried sex with other non-human animals? I haven't so I can't express an opinion as to whether it would be pleasant or not. I suspect most animals, not human, would not interest me sexually, but that could be because I am 66 now and maybe a bit more fussy.

Do you think I sound a bit silly? If so, just imagine how silly I sound and multiply that by about 10 and then you might have an idea of how silly you sound.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#512495 Mar 30, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Can you just remind G that I am the King of Siam? Think he must have forgot LOL
LOL

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#512496 Mar 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'd answer you, but I'm pressed for time! I have to run to the bathroom and take a massive G_O_D!
Hahahahahaha.........hello Bll, I'm laughing because I didn't know that you had that kind of sense of humor, but after being fed that load it is no wonder you have to go to the restroom, lol.

Blessings bro.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#512497 Mar 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lengthy but interesting.
http://unmaskingevolution.com/21-evidence.htm
<Ripped from the above link>
What was their conclusion?
After an unbiased examination of the facts behind evolution, Hoyle and Wickramasinghe concluded that an extremely high intelligence created life on Earth. However, they rejected God as the origin of life, and opted instead for a creative celestial intelligence. "Although our point of view is anti-Darwinian and is in a sense a return to the concept of special creation, it is not the old concept of special creation." p:147
What can be deduced from this study?
The broad evidence arising from this study of evolution, therefore, points to a creator. Christians identify this creator as Almighty God. So, contrary to being mythology, Christian creation is supported by scientific evidence. Therefore, there is no need for Christians to abandon their faith and embrace any form of evolution.
.. although Hoyle and Wickramasinghe are scientists, they reject evolution and their opinions are not supported by the mainstream scientific community ..

.. serious questions ..

1. Why do creationists seek websites that confirm their belief in Intelligent Design and reek of confirmation bias?

2. Why do you seek evidence?

3. Isn't your belief strong enough ??..
Expert in All Things

Redding, CA

#512499 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he be trying to figure out non-existent things at all? Do you not think that most of us have enough existing things on our plate to deal with without trying to figure out the imaginings of people who for some reason can't seem to use reason?
You state you have experienced YHWH through the risen Christ. Please describe that experience in a manner that the rest of us will know when we experience it too, as many of us may have already experienced it but mistook it for something else. Possibly indigestion or bowel gas, or maybe a minor heart attack?
When I almost died of a bowel obstruction in 2007, my wife was giving me various remedies which, because I had a yet undiagnosed bowel obstruction, could have hastened my death, instead of saved me. It is not always good when we mistake something for something else. The same could be said of your experience of God.
How frequently have you seen the Risen Christ? Did he look like the middle ages paintings of Him, or were you surprised that He looked like nothing you ever imagined. Did he touch you physically and where did he touch you? Did he speak in your language or did he speak in the language that the character Jesus, if he lived in the land where His story originated, would have spoke in? Does he speak English with a slight biblical accent?
Is his English Old English as many like to quote today from Bibles written several hundred years ago, or did he speak in a southern drawl like some of your USA Bible Belt Bible Thumpers?
If He appeared to you again would you remember him from the first time? Or is He always before you now, so you see Him every second you are awake, or possibly even when you are asleep?
Well that explains why you are full of Sh.....

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#512500 Mar 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Luke 6:25
Woe to you that are full! for you shall hunger. Woe to you that laugh now! for you shall mourn and weep.
Name appears on post

Berwick, PA

#512501 Mar 30, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
I think you missed my answer to this post NAOP
There was another, but haven't found it yet in this fast flowing river.
Take care
<quoted text>
It is wonderful about those crows NAOP... I have loved them ever since introduced to one an elderly farm couple had, which became a family pet for 20 years! They organised in the winter months for it to have a perch above their old iron wood stove, to keep it warm, and sure enough it came back every evening to roost. And made a cooler perch for their summer season. I only had the pleasue of 2 weeks, but from then on I was hooked.
I don't know if that story about Jesus and the mud boy is true. Maybe Annie J knows if you see her again. But I loved the way he felt 'cushioned' by the fall after his accident.
By you understanding of your toads, I gather you have just about all you can gather. One amazing one was this
http://video.nationalgeographic.com.au/video/...
I'm sure many can be seen on YouTube.
Another is from the Australian desert. Some stay suspended underground for up to 10 years in drought...
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Do you have names for all your toads, and how many do you have?
Ohhhh!! I'm sorry. I was going to answer, though I must have forgotten. I love Suriname toads. I think it's so cool how the babies come out of the Mom's back holes. I added this to Favorites. And the Spadefoot toads have such clever mechanisms! I love them too! I also enjoyed seeing them eat, and seeing their footprints in the sand.

My toads -- I have 5. Their names are Moe, Larry, Curly, Croaky, and James. They are very clever, and they each have their own special qualities and personalities. There are 3 females and 2 males. I had them when they were young, before the "secondary sex characteristics" formed, so I didn't know about their genders until later.

One of my toads is incredibly innocent and was bullied for it, to the point where she refused to eat. There were signs of bullying all along, though I had been naive about it and just never could imagine it happening with my toads. She couldn't even MOVE without being afraid before, and she was starving herself to a state of anorexia. I got her out of there when the bullying toad almost ATE her, TWICE. The first time I STILL wasn't convinced, but by the second time I knew. So I took her out of that environment and placed her in another terrarium with 2 other toads, and they love her and she's happy. She can move freely, access her water bowl, and she eats extremely well. And she still maintains her innocent and introverted nature and can be herself without worrying.

I'm happy about your crows. You have a great bond with them. They are lucky to know you! You are good. Wonderful, actually. I don't think crows trust just anyone. I think you have to be pretty special and worthy to establish such a connection.

Location hidden

#512502 Mar 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
My response was to explain what he had said and thought to be an impossible thing for a ''man'' to do..
If i can explain this with out messing it up, but here it goes.
All things are possible with God, yes i totaly agree. Now as for the individual doing those things and completing them is another story. For some who's faith is strong and has a challenge in life and they accomplish that, then yes it was and is possible. Now a person who is the opposite, meaning weak in faith not able to find the will or strenght and does not reach his goal, then for that person it wasnt possible..
Depends soley on the person for the outcome.
Sounds pretty much 100% due to a person's attitude to me. I actually taught myself to ski by doing that. I tried skiing 3 times the first year, then during the summer, I found a site or two online which described how to ski in quite plain English, and I saw myself doing it, and when I went back to the slopes the next year, I put what I read and envisioned to the test and it worked.

If what you say depends solely on the person for the outcome then God does not have anything to do with that, and yes one can believe that certain things will happen, and in some cases, by believing it will, you make it happen, but God is absent.

That does not work with things that are not possible though.
Adam

Germany

#512503 Mar 30, 2013
@LAWEST100

I found this one in the net. I don´t know if you heard about it, I find it pretty much intersting it´s called the gospel of Barnebas.

Here is another version of the Jesus prayer. I pray it everyday.

O Lord our God, hallowed be your holy name, your kingdom come in us, your will be done always, and as it is done in heaven so be it done in earth; give us the bread for every day, and forgive us our sins, as we forgive them that sin against us, and suffer us not to fall into temptations, but deliver us from evil, for you are alone our God, to whom pertains glory and honour for ever

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#512504 Mar 30, 2013
Expert in All Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#512506 Mar 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right.This wicked clown you talked about will deliver himself to Satan.
Happy easter to you bro.
Good evening again Adam, I don't acknowledge Easter and Christmas, but I agree with your assessment of our friend here if he don't get it turned around in time, how're you this evening?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#512507 Mar 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
@LAWEST100
I found this one in the net. I don´t know if you heard about it, I find it pretty much intersting it´s called the gospel of Barnebas.
Here is another version of the Jesus prayer. I pray it everyday.
O Lord our God, hallowed be your holy name, your kingdom come in us, your will be done always, and as it is done in heaven so be it done in earth; give us the bread for every day, and forgive us our sins, as we forgive them that sin against us, and suffer us not to fall into temptations, but deliver us from evil, for you are alone our God, to whom pertains glory and honour for ever
That's interesting, thank you for sharing it my friend.

Location hidden

#512508 Mar 30, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
shut your a...(mouths without of teeth) and not worry about believers,
worry about your own stupidity and own health infected by hiv bacteria
you can respect only your own a..and own shit hous full of cocokraoches
nobody caere your respect of others
you are just simple rascistic scumbag and piece of s....marching in the crwod to complete damantion and urines thrown on all of you graves
If I knew of a way to actually wake up the people who operate this site, I would have them block you permanently from posting here. You don't sound old enough or bright enough to be on here, and you are just wasting cyber space with your nonsense.

How in hell am I going to get AIDS, other than if I have to go into the hospital for an operation, and need blood and for some reason some of the AIDS contaminated blood is still around, which is not suppose to be the case? I certainly will never get it from another man, and if my wife, or my previous two partners had it, by now I would be showing positive too.

Nowadays even if by some weird coincidence I did contract AIDS, they have meds today that will extend your life to about the length of time I have left even if I die only of old age, so really I would die anyway.

If you are going to criticize someone for having homosexual relations then pick on someone who is a homosexual. I am a male and I don't like men period. For conversation, sometimes they are tolerable, but mostly I prefer women.

Better still just throw your computer in a lake or ocean, depending which you are nearer to, and then keep your mouth shut. You will gain much reward from doing that.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#512509 Mar 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 6:25
Woe to you that are full! for you shall hunger. Woe to you that laugh now! for you shall mourn and weep.
Luke who?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 3 min Nohweh 179
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 665,119
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 6 min Unbannable 17
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Unbannable 87,867
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 46 min azari111 2
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 2 hr Enough is enough 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web