“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#512398 Mar 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubble has revealed nothing that confirms that any god or gods exist or ever existed.
And even if it had, it could not confirm that it was your god, Osiris, Quetzalcoatl, Vishnu, nor any other named god.
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for this.
Did you think that the scripture was prophetic? You should see scientific prophesy. It kicks that to the curb.
<quoted text>
No it didn't. It merely claimed it without evidence. These kinds of claims undermine your credibility.
<quoted text>
Men of science don't deny that there is power in the universe. They're the ones showing us its magnitude and nature. We see quasars, supermassive black holes and supernovas.
But none of that resembles a sentient, potent, purposive, volitional agency.
==========
And good for you for indicating that the words were not yours. It is better to use actual quotation marks at the start of each copied paragraph, and at the beginning and end of the last one. Also, if you have a name, you should provide it.
Wasn't trying to prove anything teddy... and thanx, next time - if I missed the quotation marks - the link it'self would have shown those words. Was just sharing, and din't know it existed 'til 10 minutes before posted.

So basically what you have done is dissect some-one's YouTube comments which they uploaded. Not mine.

Take Care
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#512399 Mar 30, 2013
Name appears on post wrote:
It's funny how folks pick on the FREAKS and disregard of the sociopaths in power just because they look and act like them.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#512400 Mar 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provided an actual lie.
Please provide evidence of alcoholism as opposed to an occasional night out.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
You were proven a liar yesterday.
Your own post indicated you have drinking problem, unless that was a lie, too. A drinking problem IS alcoholism.

Get help.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#512401 Mar 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Stfu troll.
ROFLMAO

A troll calling me a troll.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#512402 Mar 30, 2013
It's funny how folks pick on the FREAKS and disregard of the sociopaths in power just because they look and act like them.
Hey!
I think you missed my answer to this post NAOP
There was another, but haven't found it yet in this fast flowing river.
Take care
<quoted text>
Nice crows!! It's really cool how the brain of crows is different from humans, and yet can achieve the same results of using tools and even outdo the "great apes."

Is that story from a credible source? Jesus and the Mud Puddle, I mean.

And all the toads are happy because it's Spring!! They HATED winter and didn't eat as much. Sometimes they caught colds and their noses would get runny and drippy, just like humans. And they would tilt their heads back to try to prevent the boogers from coming out, and constantly rub their noses and squint their eyes. Sometimes they were miserable. But now they're all feeling better and eating a ton. And they have more energy and seem to be content and enjoying themselves.
It is wonderful about those crows NAOP... I have loved them ever since introduced to one an elderly farm couple had, which became a family pet for 20 years! They organised in the winter months for it to have a perch above their old iron wood stove, to keep it warm, and sure enough it came back every evening to roost. And made a cooler perch for their summer season. I only had the pleasue of 2 weeks, but from then on I was hooked.

I don't know if that story about Jesus and the mud boy is true. Maybe Annie J knows if you see her again. But I loved the way he felt 'cushioned' by the fall after his accident.

By you understanding of your toads, I gather you have just about all you can gather. One amazing one was this
http://video.nationalgeographic.com.au/video/...

I'm sure many can be seen on YouTube.
Another is from the Australian desert. Some stay suspended underground for up to 10 years in drought...
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Do you have names for all your toads, and how many do you have?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#512403 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>
..... According to the book, a third of the angels extended their middle wing feathers to your god, and they had first had knowledge of what he and heaven were like.....
Wrong.

That is no where in the Bible.

You aren't becoming a Christian are you ? <smile>

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#512404 Mar 30, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the longest post I've ever seen from you Larry... Well said :)
You haven't been reading my posts very long then, because some of them extend into more than one post. On another discussion site, which has since closed down, you could beat the character limit by typing your post on wordpad or notepad, and then copy and paste and send without touching the post again. It tricked the site into accepting any length post but if you did it the regular way you were limited like here.

You would see some very long ones from me, if we could do that here. The problem is trying to decipher what I am talking about, as I tend to change subjects often in one sentence, one paragraph, and one page. I also do that talking in real life, so I leave people with a very blank expression on their faces, if they don't have the nerve to ask me what the heck I said.

:)

My wife finds it annoying as do most other people, and even I get upset with myself. It is my need to tell everything I know about anything vaguely related to what I am talking about or something that I suddenly remember when talking about something else.

Location hidden

#512405 Mar 30, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
On second thought, I guess you have been following me for a while since you called me by a name that was only revealed on one of the other threads after it had been illegally provided to a poster by a police office person.

Now I am trying to guess who I know you as.:)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#512406 Mar 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You were proven a liar yesterday.
Your own post indicated you have drinking problem, unless that was a lie, too. A drinking problem IS alcoholism.
Get help.
You're desperately lying.

Going out and having too good a time last night is not alcoholism.

I know you want it to be otherwise because I made a fool of you and your feelings now are hurt.

You'll survive.

Location hidden

#512407 Mar 30, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, now I do feel foolish, as you were not responding to me at all, even though you called the other poster by my real name, which a dishonest person posted here a while back after getting it from the police illegally. Otherwise, I am aware of only two Topix posters who know my real name because we are or were friends on Facebook.

Sometimes it pays to read something before replying, though because he had quoted me so much, which you copied, I kind of overlooked that you were addressing him, not me.

My comments about my long winded posts still apply however.:(

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#512408 Mar 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
The real attitude of sin in the heart towards God is that of being without God
The part of my life without your religion has been much better than the part with it. How can you account for that if being separate from your god is so unnatural? Why am I still strongly recommending unbelief rather than lamenting the choice after so many years?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#512410 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Hubble has revealed nothing that confirms that any god or gods exist or ever existed.
And even if it had, it could not confirm that it was your god, Osiris, Quetzalcoatl, Vishnu, nor any other named god.
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for this.
Did you think that the scripture was prophetic? You should see scientific prophesy. It kicks that to the curb.
<quoted text>
No it didn't. It merely claimed it without evidence. These kinds of claims undermine your credibility.
<quoted text>
Men of science don't deny that there is power in the universe. They're the ones showing us its magnitude and nature. We see quasars, supermassive black holes and supernovas.
But none of that resembles a sentient, potent, purposive, volitional agency.
==========
And good for you for indicating that the words were not yours. It is better to use actual quotation marks at the start of each copied paragraph, and at the beginning and end of the last one. Also, if you have a name, you should provide it.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/08/nasa-ne...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#512411 Mar 30, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to pull you into anything.
If you see my posts to you as doing that, then I apologize.
You are reading me wrong- I told you the other evening, that is not
what I was doing.
I was pointing out to you my motives here and why I am indeed frustrated. You see that as being bitter, so be it.
Like I said- I am not here to make you or anyone else
"feel good". I am beyond that here. For the most part- I do see a bunch of angry self righteous fools- claiming Christ as theirs..
Am I not allowed to speak my mind also?
Peace between you and I isn't going to come at the expense of you
or any other christian taking my voice from me..
So, we might just have to give it a rest for a while.
Not sure what you are saying in your last sentence regarding children and their beliefs. I would hope their "religious beliefs"
wouldn't hinder any help from you or anyone else..?
OK Lele...
Misunderstandings need time to air.
So forget you mentioned 'others' to me – 3 by name.
From there it is over to you... and whatever you all want to sort out.
Agreed... a rest at this point in time over all these things is just what the doctor ordered. I move on in peace, as normal.
Your voice has always been yours.
It is not my place to rob anyone of theirs.

The children?
Nothing about 'beliefs'/religion was attached to that statement...
Was saying 'my work' entails those in dire straits.
You yourself are not anywhere like them being where you have no choice to be.
Stay well and God Bless
Take Care

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#512413 Mar 30, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't trying to prove anything teddy... and thanx, next time - if I missed the quotation marks - the link it'self would have shown those words. Was just sharing, and din't know it existed 'til 10 minutes before posted.
So basically what you have done is dissect some-one's YouTube comments which they uploaded. Not mine.
Take Care
hehehe,, had to giggle on that one.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#512415 Mar 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
hehehe,, had to giggle on that one.
Truth is truth p23!
Nothing changes it...

Good morning.
8am Sun

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#512416 Mar 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Good one BT!
So....... many things can be seen in the clouds of space.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#512417 Mar 30, 2013
Thank you. And I have enjoyed many of your posts. It's a pleasure posting with you. Thank you for posting here.
As Happy Lesbo indicated, we need openly gay people to be here and show the Christian community that gay people are not devils. Likewise with unbelievers. The Christians depict both groups as vile abominations and miscreants unfit to adopt, teach, coach, and the like. Most are still unelectable in the predominantly Christian US.
It's time to stand up to this church. No more defensive posturing or pleading to be accepted. Let the Christians start worrying about that. Let the Christians become so unpopular that they prefer to remain closeted. Let the Christians be told that they are unfit to adopt. It's already happening:
From "British court says Christian couple can't be foster parents due to beliefs" at http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/britis...
"two British judges ruled that a Christian couple can no longer participate in the foster care of children, because of their conviction that a homosexual lifestyle is immoral.
"Following the ruling, Eunice Johns said she and her husband were “extremely distressed” at the ruling handed down in Nottingham Crown Court."
Good!
This is EXACTLY the pain - "extreme distress" - that that vile church has inflicted on so many good, kind and loving gays and atheists in the past.
Sorry if I am unable to disguise my schadenfreude for Christians getting little taste of what they have been so happy to inflict on others for so long.
Admit it, Christians: what you feel now is not regret for what your church has done, but rage that I would post such an opinion. That is how your church taught you. There is seldom remorse for what your dogma has done to others. That should be noted.
Sweet.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#512418 Mar 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. We've got a starting five, plus four, for a basketball team! LOL!
I'm a big fan of Reggae music, but I don't agree with the Rastafarian movement. Musically, I like The Abyssinians, even more than the Wailers.
Until next time...
May the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.
You had me 'wondering' there for a minute Brother... especially with that big green leaf introduction!
~~smile~~
Ja... there's a lotta good music out there, and each to their own taste.
I like your door keeper statement !
God Bless my Friend until again.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#512419 Mar 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
And no, what you say is truth about falwell, robertson, and the many more in this world who ''claim and do works in the name of God'' but are nothing more then decieftful sinner men and women.. And do things for the gain of money and fame.. It is sad but truth..

But i ask you is that a legit reason to dismiss God?
Maybe. Why do you ask?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#512420 Mar 30, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah, we have been doing it wrong!:)
No Koalas either!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Christina La Vey 578,722
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 6 min MUQ2 102
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min River Tam 817,316
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 min Neelakaran 5,912
Animal Cruelty That You Can Stop 56 min A Merican 2
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr AlmostDied 283
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 270,001
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Roberta G 176,196
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 22 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web