Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#512468 Mar 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I disapprove of their message, the Christian message of hatred for gays. I don't really care how they present it.
<quoted text>
Being weary of life is the same as welcoming death. My 94 year old father-in-law, whose wife of over half a century died 18 months ago, is weary of life just like your friend. He wants to die.
<quoted text>
Yes, it is.
Thanks for admitting to that last part that common sense is lost on you, especially when you say that there is a christian message of hate for homosexuals, what those that message contain, I'd really like to know?!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#512469 Mar 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
That is no where in the Bible.
You aren't becoming a Christian are you ? <smile>
It has been my experience that there are very few Christians that want to step outside of the context of "Christianity" - no matter how bizarre the interpretations and twisted and illogical prophecy fulfillment declarations or intricate hoop jumping affirmations of their religious texts may be - and look at just exactly what that text represents and springs from.

They don't want to look at that.

So, we're stuck discussing their religious texts based upon their interpretations and beliefs. At times I find it difficult to discuss the mythology on those terms - as if it represents an actual reality - but those are the terms they believe, and by necessity, we discuss those beliefs with the Christian on their terms much of the time. It's amusing, I'll grant that, however, I'm not sure how else to approach it.

Those are their beliefs, no matter how erroneous or fact-less they happen to be.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#512470 Mar 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You first, and no you won't see me there and I'm correct that God is accessible through the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
God's preference is for those that have a Spiritual knowing relationship with YHWH. YHWH is not awed that a person knows a religious book called the bible. Knowing the bible helps a lot, but knowing the bible does not save anyone. Christianity is not Islam. Islam requires knowing the Holy Qur'an.
Are you saying Christians do not have a peace that passeth all understanding and do not have the gifts of the Spirit, because they defend and discuss their faith, sometimes passionately against the likes of you on the billboard? is that your reasoning?
The Jesus Follower will be perfect in heaven. There won't be a desire to sin because a Jesus Follower will not have this old sin flesh and bone nature to sin.
Also the bible says Jesus Followers will rule over angels:
1st Cor.6:3
Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!
[[
Therefore the Jesus Follower will not be like the Angel, the Jesus Follower will have authority over Angels.
So that 1/3 of Angels that was cast out of Heaven due to rebellion, the Jesus Follower will have a nature higher than that. I'm not sure what it will be like. But I would figure whatever love the Jesus Follower had for YHWH on this earth and in this life, in heaven that love will be multiplied a billion by the perfecting of the Jesus Follower. YHWH will give the Jesus Follower a nature where the Jesus Follower is not a robot, a nature that is higher than the angel, but will have no desire to rebel.
You keep referring to this [we are all screwed]. No writer, >>You<< are screwed iyai!!
YHWH judges on a personal and individual basis. so the only soul you can speak for, is your own soul. And if you want to screw your own soul, then you certainly have that right.
Reading your post I could envision a metal robot or a home computer speaking in a mechanical artificially produced voice mouthing the jargon that man had fed into the machine. Can you not speak in the language of a human being, or are you so indoctrinated, that all you can do is repeat dogma, likely without a clue as to what you are actually saying?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#512471 Mar 30, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Is laughing before your sarcasums better than smiles at the end?
You have a whole lot of posts like this!.
That's what makes it all so funny :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#512472 Mar 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you done your homework?
Good evening Adam, that is some display of "Christ's love" this pretender conveys, isn't it, lol?

#512473 Mar 30, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah, we have been doing it wrong!:)
Just sitting here thanking GOD that doing it wrong usually turns out alright :)

And another little smile for you :)- one of happiness, of course :)

#512474 Mar 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'd answer you, but I'm pressed for time! I have to run to the bathroom and take a massive G_O_D!
Can you just remind G that I am the King of Siam? Think he must have forgot LOL

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#512475 Mar 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no unbiased evidence that points to the existence of any deity.
None.
Lengthy but interesting.

http://unmaskingevolution.com/21-evidence.htm

<Ripped from the above link>
What was their conclusion?

After an unbiased examination of the facts behind evolution, Hoyle and Wickramasinghe concluded that an extremely high intelligence created life on Earth. However, they rejected God as the origin of life, and opted instead for a creative celestial intelligence. "Although our point of view is anti-Darwinian and is in a sense a return to the concept of special creation, it is not the old concept of special creation." p:147

What can be deduced from this study?

The broad evidence arising from this study of evolution, therefore, points to a creator. Christians identify this creator as Almighty God. So, contrary to being mythology, Christian creation is supported by scientific evidence. Therefore, there is no need for Christians to abandon their faith and embrace any form of evolution.
Expert in All Things

Redding, CA

#512476 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have been down the road you speak of (though you didn't put it in those words), I am not asking the wrong questions. I know of which I speak. No one including you, me and the man in the moon KNOWS if a god exists. That is absolute. No one knows.
Many will deny that, but all are wrong in stating they know, although there is a very tiny possibility they might be right about there being a god, but they did not see or know that god.
So you claim above there are absolute truths?

#512477 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam, can you explain to me how posting a verse from a book with nothing else has any relevance to anyone here, or even to you, as it relates to carrying on a discussion on this site?
Do you have a point that you wished to make, and why not just make the point in your owns words, and leave the Bible verses for anyone who is interested to check themselves, as the resources for finding Bible verses are extremely easy to find?
I find reading someone else's opinion is much more meaningful, than just reading something they copied from a book, which I likely have seen many times before anyway.
Likely all those who are capable of posting on this site can access any of those verses on their own, and most likely, everyone, like me, has seen the verses many times before.
Perhaps if someone actually is interested in seeing those verses, they might contact you by PM and you could reply by PM with the copied verse(s). That way it reduces the number of posts that one has to scroll past to get to people's opinions on things.
Just a thought.
You wrote about Christians and their actions ~ Adam's choice of Scripture is letting you know that not all who state they are Christians will be taking seriously; which is why we keep posting it is our own actions that determine who we are. Not what we call ourselves. There is much in little, if you can see it.....

Here's a little smile of happiness for you Boooots, you will read many Scriptures in here ~ if you don't like them, you might want to use the scroll button, it will give your more satisfaction in the long run than long winded postings on how wrong someone is posting Scripture.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#512478 Mar 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh there are many con jobs and con job artists out there alright, even in the alledged religious world, but there is also a truth to be had and guided into if your heart and intentions are honest, Yea, I am one of the Blessed few and I know saying that is going to steam a lot of people, but the redeemed of the Lord must say so.
LOL

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#512479 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
But in his next post he corrected it to 'lestament'.:)
Yeah, I saw that. hahaaa...

"It's the dark!"

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#512480 Mar 30, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, what’s not to like about getting away from this sinful and hate filled world, to be with Lord where there is not all the ugliness of this world. Doesn’t me the flowers, trees, waterfalls etc are ugly, mostly people can make the world ugly. And we have a fair share of ugliness in here, ones who come here to harass Christians and that came here to pacifically be ugly. So they can’t honestly blame us for noticing. Thank Jesus/God that He is there for us to rest our eyes and sole on.
HFN
But scoffers, cheer up, God may come any time now and take all His Children out of here and then all you that belittle and reject Jesus’ sacrifice will be left here with yourselves. I have a feeling prison and all that goes with it will look like a cake walk. All the Hitler’s, Bin Laden’s, Manson’s, etc… will be given free rein. Man I would not wish that on my worse enemy, and I’m serious saying that.
HFN
Good evening HFN, I agree, people think that things are bad now but to coin a phrase.........they haven't seen anything yet, especially after the Lord have raptured us away.

1 Thessalonians 5:3
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape

2 Peter 3:3-4
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

How are you doing this evening my friend.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#512481 Mar 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a pathetic liar, LittleShit.
Please provide evidence of that claim lest you be considered a liar.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you make a pass at Luci and get turned down or something ?
You have been bashing her over this one post since December.
To my knowledge, unless she has posed as someone else, I have had no contact with her outside of public forums on Topix -- other than *not* to accept a friend request from her on Chess' Facebook page -- perhaps a week ago.

I think that qualifies as a refusal to have contact.

If you're insecure, take it up with her.

If you're just pretending, take it up with your conscience.
Adam

Germany

#512482 Mar 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better thank your imaginary god that the President of the USA is who he is and that he is trying to do that. The USA, in spite of being #1 country in the world in many aspects, is one of the most backward, if not the most backward, on some social issues, and there are people there working hard to change that. Let's just hope they make the necessary changes before the USA loses its #1 position in the world, or they will likely slide even deeper into social problems.
I fear If things continue in the USA as now, USA will lose his #1 position and China will become #1 in the world.But that would not hurt your proud since you are canadian. The Lord gives and the lord takes like the bible says. How terrible was the wrath of god to the israelites, when the israelites broke the commandments of God and went astray. They lost their homeland and spread all over the world. But that would not hurt your proud since you are canadian.

#512483 Mar 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. We've got a starting five, plus four, for a basketball team! LOL!
I'm a big fan of Reggae music, but I don't agree with the Rastafarian movement. Musically, I like The Abyssinians, even more than the Wailers.
Until next time...
May the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.
I love romantic songs, and music made for dancing.... hence there is a broad range of muso's :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#512484 Mar 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
Atheism is only a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God. The Atheist and all sinners cant find God, just like a thief cant find a policman..
God will not send anybody away empty, except those who are full of themselves.
_God LOVES YOU FAITHFULY AND ALWAYS__________
The real attitude of sin in the heart towards God is that of being without God; it is pride, the worship of myself, that is the great atheistic fact in human life. Oswald Chambers
Greetings Psalms 23. an excellent post, and your first sentence is perhaps the best description of an atheist and agnostic that I have ever read, we simply have to pray for them.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#512485 Mar 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>To you Jesus is dead, because you have never experienced the Risen Lord. That is your loss. Don't envy me or any other Jesus Follower because we have experienced YHWH through the Spirit of the Risen Christ. Envy is bad. However I have nothing against you for not believing.
I'm not smug at all. I don't know how Angels can be corrupted, but some certainly were and consequently cast out of Glory along with the accuser and slandering Enemy of God.
We have such a hard time figuring out each other here in the physical realm. Even some husband and wives have a hard time figuring out each other and they live together for yrs. Why are you even attempting to figure out Angels that are invisible and of the Spiritual realm of existence???
You biting off way more that you can chew. Don't choke.
Why should he be trying to figure out non-existent things at all? Do you not think that most of us have enough existing things on our plate to deal with without trying to figure out the imaginings of people who for some reason can't seem to use reason?

You state you have experienced YHWH through the risen Christ. Please describe that experience in a manner that the rest of us will know when we experience it too, as many of us may have already experienced it but mistook it for something else. Possibly indigestion or bowel gas, or maybe a minor heart attack?

When I almost died of a bowel obstruction in 2007, my wife was giving me various remedies which, because I had a yet undiagnosed bowel obstruction, could have hastened my death, instead of saved me. It is not always good when we mistake something for something else. The same could be said of your experience of God.

How frequently have you seen the Risen Christ? Did he look like the middle ages paintings of Him, or were you surprised that He looked like nothing you ever imagined. Did he touch you physically and where did he touch you? Did he speak in your language or did he speak in the language that the character Jesus, if he lived in the land where His story originated, would have spoke in? Does he speak English with a slight biblical accent?

Is his English Old English as many like to quote today from Bibles written several hundred years ago, or did he speak in a southern drawl like some of your USA Bible Belt Bible Thumpers?

If He appeared to you again would you remember him from the first time? Or is He always before you now, so you see Him every second you are awake, or possibly even when you are asleep?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#512486 Mar 30, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Oh Dear Lord, Thank you for your promises! Thank you for opening your arms and welcoming me to come to you, to find rest in you, to find freedom in you, to have abundant life in you. I cry out to you now for those who are heavy on my heart, for those who are going through the fire and those who are going through the valleys; for those who face difficulties and those who have come through trials and are triumphant because of you. I pray for your grace and mercy, your peace and love, your hand upon their lives. I pray for miracles and ministries. I pray that all who are weary will cry out to you and trust you. And I thank you so much for all that you have done and all that you will do. May your works and miracles in our lives be witness to the world that you are God. May you be glorified and souls be saved. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#512487 Mar 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean they don't so you can't.Your claim is that it is all false.However no matter how I ask the question you cannot explain it to me at all other than to say a book having anecdetal historica data is no evidence of it accuracy.So where did this historical data come from and why is it no evidence of accuracy. Moses,Herod,Solomon,Jesus,Mary ,Joseph and a host of others is in this documentation which concides with the ruins uncovered by man.
All the different tribes and beliefs too.Written documation as well as phyicial evidence.yet you tell me I do not understand.
the bible is mythology

historical fiction,

that is fiction, set in an historical framework.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min nanoanomaly 87,969
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min crucifiedguy 284,507
FATIH SIEMENS Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62 35 SIEMENS F... 42 min buzser 1
Siemens Cerrahpasa Siemens Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62... 45 min buzser 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 48 min Devil number 666 977,214
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Truthiness 480
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Truthiness 28
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 665,191
More from around the web