Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#511247 Mar 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good E again HFN ( Lol ) I'm doing well also with the exception of a few aches and pains, but nothing serious.
Peace.
Oh those darn aches and pains that keep pilling up as we age. LOL Aha, but one day they will be gone for good.
God Bless you Lawest
HFN

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#511248 Mar 28, 2013
You are the salt of the earth.But if the salt loses its saltiness how can it be made salty again.It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled on by men.

You are the light of the world.A city on a hill cannot be hidden.Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.Instead they put it on its stand,and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#511249 Mar 28, 2013
Matthew 26
13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

mmmmmmmmm
They're still talking!

John 20:14-16:
At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus. "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?"
Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."
Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher).

According to this gospel, Mary Magdalene was the first person to see the risen Jesus. She didn't recognize him initially and thought he was a gardener. But when he spoke her name, she immediately knew who he was.

Well it's true.
When I saw him, no-one - and I mean NO-one - can imitate his voice!

John 20
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

18 Mary Mag'dalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Oh Mary... looks like many Christians did't note what Jesus said... "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

He did not call himself God...
He said Mary's God was his...
And he said he 'went up'...

One thing is for certain he is not still floating on that while cloud either.

What is it that so many truth seekers are so afraid of reality?

So what should I say again that I haven't already shared in here? That he's alive and I have seen him! That he's as real as you and me! That... OK... it's all a bit much like it was for the folk then, but you'll see when you least expect it. I want to see any faces who don't believe like doubting Thomas then...

There is nothing left that I can be called in your language. But it's all in my little book. Every experience reported... and the rest of sharing called respect.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#511250 Mar 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I have no hatred of anyone, but of course standing on God's Word is always an indication of "hatred" to devils like yourself.
Dude,get a REAL life and stop spending all of your free time talking and arguing with INVISIBLE MUTES on the internet.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#511251 Mar 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, a smog filled, acid rain, rain forest depleted 21st century. Marvelous!
If you do not suffer bigots, I sure wonder how you can stand yourself.
I have no problem with you living or with any being being alive, but it doesn't mean you should live your live contrary to Law and because Law doesn't agree with you that you should force to change it.
I will always be a bigot for truth, justice and light and against darkness, wickedness, evil practice and deception.
You sir don't have tyour priorities in order. You serve no master so your morals (or lack there of) are portrayed as loose on this thread, and you seem to support a free for all type of behavior.
You pretend not to know that man is its own worst enemy and that rules or Law not just protect us from others but equally and most importantly, from ourselves. You sir, hate teh Law of Yahweh so you say you do not believe in a Creator, all because He believes not it what you want and wish for others.
Then, that's too bad for you feller. I still wish you the best somehow.
CS.
:)
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#511252 Mar 28, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
You are the salt of the earth.But if the salt loses its saltiness how can it be made salty again.It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled on by men.
You are the light of the world.A city on a hill cannot be hidden.Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.Instead they put it on its stand,and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Hi,lil' lady. You behavin'??
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#511253 Mar 28, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Matthew 26
13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.
mmmmmmmmm
They're still talking!
John 20:14-16:
At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus. "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?"
Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."
Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher).
According to this gospel, Mary Magdalene was the first person to see the risen Jesus. She didn't recognize him initially and thought he was a gardener. But when he spoke her name, she immediately knew who he was.
Well it's true.
When I saw him, no-one - and I mean NO-one - can imitate his voice!
John 20
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
18 Mary Mag'dalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
Oh Mary... looks like many Christians did't note what Jesus said... "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."
He did not call himself God...
He said Mary's God was his...
And he said he 'went up'...
One thing is for certain he is not still floating on that while cloud either.
What is it that so many truth seekers are so afraid of reality?
So what should I say again that I haven't already shared in here? That he's alive and I have seen him! That he's as real as you and me! That... OK... it's all a bit much like it was for the folk then, but you'll see when you least expect it. I want to see any faces who don't believe like doubting Thomas then...
There is nothing left that I can be called in your language. But it's all in my little book. Every experience reported... and the rest of sharing called respect.
Well....well..........well. If'in it ain't Mrs. Ree Ree Mae. Well...
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#511254 Mar 28, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh those darn aches and pains that keep pilling up as we age. LOL Aha, but one day they will be gone for good.
God Bless you Lawest
HFN
Hi,Mrs.Lady. Eva' thang aight with YOU today??

Location hidden

#511255 Mar 28, 2013
Therefore everyone who hears theses words of mine and put them in practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

The rains came down the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house,yet it did not fall,because it had it foundation on the rock.

But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who builds his house on sand.

The rain came down and streams rose and the winds blew and beat against that house and it fell with a great crash.

When Jesus had finished saying theses things the crowds were amazed at his teachings because he taught as one who had authority and not as their teachers of the law.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#511256 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HFN. I saw another Knox county car on my way home from work. Lol. Hope all is well.
I’m ok Chris, thank you for caring. I hope you are too. Another Knox County car huh? Maybe it is Knox. calling you home or then again maybe it a way of helping you feel close to home.
Always good to see you.
HFN

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#511257 Mar 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Not knowing you personally
Peace.
I suppose your intent is good, if we can forget about the obvious compulsion to claim some sort of higher knowledge of something that as yet no man knows to exist (that is the absolute truth) based on "revelation" as you state, however I have been close enough and involved enough throughout life with the 'things of God' to know that those who make that claim are only 'thinking' they have some greater knowledge. I suppose some have been duped into actually believing that they have gained some insight which the masses do not have, but I know that is a crock.

God either exists or does not exist. The burden of proof is on those who claim he exists, and especially those, like yourself, who claim that God has been revealed to them. Though many men have made such a claim over the history of the current God which we are speaking of (I assume), as of yet not one of these men has shown that proof to others, so that all can then be satisfied that yes God does exist, and from here on 'belief' that God exists is no longer a necessity because now we "know" that God exists.

As stated hundreds, if not thousands, of times on Topix, non-believers cannot prove their side of the subject, because that is a logical impossibility. The only thing we have is to be shown the proof by those who 'know' or to refute claims of 'proof' which man has proved are false, and there are actually many claims of proof of God that have been totally proved to be false.

I see 3 possible situations: 1) God exists and he has been seen by man and that is now accepted universally as the truth because the evidence is clear, 2) God exists but no man has ever seen the evidence of this God, because this God cannot be seen by man, or is in a place where man as of yet cannot reach with his various abilities, or 3) God is a myth created by man as were all of the previous gods of ancient men, which we know historically that man once worshiped but now these gods are accepted universally as being mythical.

What we know today makes me think that #3 is the most likely truth, though #2 cannot ever be completely tossed out because we know that existence is way beyond our current capabilities of seeing or recording (example - we are discovering by more recent means that the universes are much larger and there are many more of them than man ever imagined before.

#1 cannot be accepted because it has not nor does not happen. No man has proved the existence of a god, and can show the rest of the world this proof so that the question is settled. Unlike the ancient belief that the earth was flat, which became entirely redundant when the earth was proved to not be flat, as of yet we still have beliefs in a god or gods, because no one as of yet has ever proved otherwise, nor that there is a god.

We can argue until the cows come home about whose beliefs are true and whose are false, and who has had a revelation and who hasn't, but until God has been proved to exist, it is still an open question, and only a belief.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#511258 Mar 28, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m sorry I don’t always understand what you are saying. I would not call it child like. No disrespect meant I just don’t know how to answer if I don’t ask. Sometimes I’m not sure if you are bouncing off of what I say or trying to tell me I’m wrong using an example. Yes it would be better to understand each other if we were talking face to face but we will manage.
I hope you did not think I was saying you were not a child of God because I was not.:)
I think granted the victory through Jesus is pretty much what I said too, at least meant. I’m glad God takes care of us in that way!:)
HFN
That's why I so often add the quote...
“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
Alan Greenspan

~~with a smile~~

And why I say... face to face.
We could see one another's joy in sharing!

No HFN... If I took offence, I would say so 'according to what was written'. But again, I simply shared with you... and that in both cases was not wrong from both of us.
I respect a person's Faith...
I can also respect a direct question...
And trust you can hear me too above so much confusion.
Love always...

Location hidden

#511259 Mar 28, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hi,lil' lady. You behavin'??
Nope of course not.Where everyone gone that was here earlier.
They disappeared what happened??
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#511260 Mar 28, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hi,Mrs.Lady. Eva' thang aight with YOU today??
Hey DR,
Yes I’m ok. It’s a pretty day outside and that helps make a good day. How about you?
HFN
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#511261 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Just my thought as well. This right here is proof of the very word of God. All glory to God.
....7-8-7.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#511262 Mar 28, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I apologize. Next time I'll bring three scarves instead of only one ..
Don't forget spurs and the riding crop.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#511263 Mar 28, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Well....well.......... well. If'in it ain't Mrs. Ree Ree Mae. Well...
~~smile~~ Doc... the reality is what goes around comes around.

And I aint mrs.

You never answer my posts.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#511264 Mar 28, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I so often add the quote...
“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
Alan Greenspan
~~with a smile~~
And why I say... face to face.
We could see one another's joy in sharing!
No HFN... If I took offence, I would say so 'according to what was written'. But again, I simply shared with you... and that in both cases was not wrong from both of us.
I respect a person's Faith...
I can also respect a direct question...
And trust you can hear me too above so much confusion.
Love always...
LOL, I like the quote.

Yes even when I’m not sure of what you mean I sense that you mean well.

Love back at ya,:)
HFN

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#511265 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
So am I bro. I think I missed close to 2 years with my night job. I pray and for now will do as God tells me. It does seem our witness might be wasted here? Hope not but imo what is going on in this room is going on in the world as well. We know before the Lord Jesus returns this earth will go right to hell. Thankful that even in the darkness the light of Christ still shines. Blessings.
Why is it that fundamentalists are such pessimists? Are they told when they become "Born Again" that you must stop seeing the world as a beautiful place and people as to be appreciated, but rather they must go around whining about how awful things are getting and how all the signs are pointing to the end of the world?

In overall terms, things are far better in the world today than has ever been the case before in the history of the earth (as far as we know). Man has been making the claim of end times and how horrible the world is becoming since those things were first written down by some likely partially insane person some 2000 years ago.

It is depressing to have people going around preaching doom and gloom, the Rapture, and all of those other mythical ideas, yet claiming they believe in a wonderful God. Why do human beings want to make their physical life on earth a thing to regret while waiting to become an invisible soul that will sort of live in total orgasmic delight forever?

Is it that one's life is so empty or so without meaning that you must live in an imaginary world that is always in the future?

The only things that human beings know for certain, is that they are alive today but someday they will be dead. That is something we cannot disagree on, because that has happened to every man that has ever lived. Perhaps one day man will be able to extend considerably the length of a lifetime, and that has actually occurred, on average, although man really does not live any longer today than he ever did, except that more of us get to reach the upper limits of time, than ever before, due to modern medical knowledge which has extended the lifetime of many that would have died younger only a few decades ago, and also decreased the numbers that die in infancy (at least in the more advanced parts of the world).

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#511266 Mar 28, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m ok Chris, thank you for caring. I hope you are too. Another Knox County car huh? Maybe it is Knox. calling you home or then again maybe it a way of helping you feel close to home.
Always good to see you.
HFN
You never know... My wife works for Publix. We had prayed on moving back but this condo I bought back in 2005 holds us here for now. I do know that if the Lord wants us there it will be. God is good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 865,326
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 7 min Oop 463
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min kent 599,904
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 33 min Marvinbutdo 6,518
Let's talk masturbation (Apr '08) 38 min Marvinbutdo 16
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr REASHMA 7,503
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,313
The Christian Atheist debate 9 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,016
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 22 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web