Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

#511075 Mar 28, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is interesting. Toads hey? So are they poisonous, your babies? Here they are... I like cats.
Poison toads, YES! But not to humans. They're American Toads, which are pretty harmless. But not to dogs, and most non-humans. They could kill dogs, but the most they could do to humans is cause mild skin irritation. My toads would never irritate my skin though. They trust me, and love me. So they keep their toad milk in their poison milk glands, i.e., paratoid glands!! Yes, cats are nice. They have their own secret world, and they hunt A LOT more than most know, also!! I wouldn't want cats near my babies, but I appreciate cats because they don't trust humans unless humans absolutely prove themselves, and even then they are wary!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#511076 Mar 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>What a strange rebuttal. Your dusty pal did exactly what is described above - used the words of another without attribution. That's plagiarism by definition.

Reality creation is an amazing thing to behold, something that I also think is facilitated by religion - by faith based and magical thinking. Whatever you want to be true can be by faith, even if it's not possible, even when contradicted by convincing evidence.

You choose your preferred reality and defend it against evidence with a confirmation bias, as you have just done:'Nope. No theft here' even when your pal was obviously guilty as charged.

Why can't you say, "Yep, duststorm stole the words, but I doubt that she was intending to deceive anybody. She probably doesn't know the ethics of scholarship, or why her behavior constitutes theft of intellectual property"?
This isn't about Dusty. I don't even know him. CJ used that as an example for his accusations against me. Never mind.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#511077 Mar 28, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya CJ ..
.. Adam wants me to be his Eve, less the fig leaf ..
No need for that. I donīt think you have the criteria I demand. I think your are not my type.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#511078 Mar 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I have!! u r late as usually!! Can u never do anything on time!!
oh, i CAN deliver, hon - you just say when & where;)
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#511079 Mar 28, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for breaking that to me. I see that as a medical problem, not something to 'break' to a non-gay person who is not trained in medicine. My son is a doctor, so perhaps he could use that information. Otherwise, what does it have to do with this thread?
You are going to die too, and if by a slight chance one does pay for their sins after death, then I guess I would not want to be you.
As for me, I expect to die and that will be the end of all things me, except what family and friends might remember for a few years, and the various elements of my body that will go back into the environment.
And why are you here? What havce you anything to do with this tread?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#511080 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>What a strange rebuttal. Your dusty pal did exactly what is described above - used the words of another without attribution. That's plagiarism by definition.

Reality creation is an amazing thing to behold, something that I also think is facilitated by religion - by faith based and magical thinking. Whatever you want to be true can be by faith, even if it's not possible, even when contradicted by convincing evidence.

You choose your preferred reality and defend it against evidence with a confirmation bias, as you have just done:'Nope. No theft here' even when your pal was obviously guilty as charged.

Why can't you say, "Yep, duststorm stole the words, but I doubt that she was intending to deceive anybody. She probably doesn't know the ethics of scholarship, or why her behavior constitutes theft of intellectual property"?
Yes blame magic, religion and even the Bible. Assume you know how I think. No worries.
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

#511081 Mar 28, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outsider_art

I like art that isn't "status quo" art. I prefer the "outsider art" of individuals such as Larry Bissonnette. He's Autistic, by the way, but "outsider art" is for all outsiders. It means, not status quo. I make Art too that isn't status quo and was never taught to me. I also have quite a significant liking for tribal art. I don't believe that art needs to be aesthetically beautiful, either. Often I prefer that it isn't.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#511082 Mar 28, 2013
Adam wrote:
You must have multiplied personalities. I really donīt believe you.
It must pain you to see multiple personalities in others when you didn't get even the one.
Name appears on post

Kingston, PA

#511083 Mar 28, 2013
I see myself as being within a permanent state of liminality, or a "threshold" state. A constant "in-between" state. I am an outsider for this reason, and I am proud of who I am regardless. I like being able to define myself on my own terms. The way I am also has the advantage of making me a great trickster, because I am unconfined and free. I wish to retain my freedom and not be held down. Though I also want to be protected, from the doctors, the psychiatrists, from the so-called "experts" who try to come near and set out to harm me. I believe it is best to live without set identity labels, aside from the ones we all label ourselves depending upon who we are according to our own ideas within our own minds. I am sick of this system of categorizing and creating hierarchies. It is ultimately best, in my view, to love one another from one essence to another.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#511084 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll do it now. Yep, I'm sure that I don't want to worship your god. Not only am I sure that it cannot exist, but if it did, we'd all be screwed anyway. The god in your bible is a petty, sadistic, incompetent, and doesn't keep his promises.
What kind of god gives us lust, free will, curiosity, reason and a conscience, and then expects us to stifle them under penalty of torture if not a petty and sadistic one?

This is the kind of thinking that you dare not let yourself do, one of the costs of your faith. You're trapped by fear of being wrong, and you have been taught to not trust your own mind.

QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"
You had better pray that nothing like that exists - a creature that created Satan, hell and immortal souls capable of suffering forever to the benefit of nobody, because of that is true, as I said, we are all fcuked already.
Ya think so huh?

I certainly believe God exist. Frankly I would even go so far considering experiences at different points in my life, that I [know] God exist.

I certainly believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Not just a prophet.

So I definitely, strongly believe that such a Deity as you describe exist. Except for the [we are all "f" part, and the benefit of nobody] the benefit, is to God. There must be a severe price to pay for rejecting the Son of God. And that prize that you, or anyone else will pay for that rejection, is for eternal spiritual death. Which means eternal destruction of your soul. You will always exist.

You can't discipline yourself from lust? why not?
Why do your conscience bother you? have you done a deed or behaved in a way that is causing your conscience grieve?
How is curiosity bad? were you curious about something or someone and that now bothers you?
How is free will bad? would you have rather God made you a robot and gave you no choice but to worship Him? how is that good?

?????.
You seem to have uncontrollable urges and desires and blaming God for not being able to conquer those desires??

What promise God has not kept to you??

iyai! the more you write, the more puzzling you become.

I'm trapped, but not by fear out of being wrong or any other fear really.

I'm trapped, by the Love of God. It cost YHWH everything, to send the Christ. Everything. I can't turn by back on that kind of love.

Yes I know I never asked to be born. Or ask God to sacrifice such a priceless offering in such a bloody way, so that my soul can rise before Him, with no shame, total peace, sinless, glorified. Sinless, because of the spilled blood, of the Son.

You should not have played the turncoat card.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#511085 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
Why do you think "most discrimination has its roots in the bible"?
.. pickle head, discrimination is denying any specific group or individual a certain right based on invalid reasons ..

.. the bible is rife with examples including gender, geographical, class and moral discrimination ..

.. are lepers really spiritually polluted, people to be shunned and excluded from society? Do some posters on this thread believe homosexuals are spiritually polluted, sinful demon-infested child-molesting monsters to be shunned ??..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#511086 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, really. You're terrified of the Chicken and of your own humanity. You have no hope of escape if
<quoted text>
The reality of the world that I was born into includes a false, pervasive, and costly religion. One of the tasks of this life was to avoid being manipulated and exploited by it.
<quoted text>
But that's also true about Paul Bunyan. He couldn't have dome the things they say he did if he weren't real.
<quoted text>
You also have access to Paul Bunyan through his giant blue ox Babe.
<quoted text>
That I believe.
:)
Paul Bunyon? lol, cute. Do you know anyone that have said they have experienced Paul Bunyon?

Religion sucks [shrugs]. that is what it is. Jesus Christ never liked religion either.

But God, does not suck. You may not like the way God chooses to do things on earth and with humans, but God is sovereign, you can't envy God for that.

Knowing God and bypassing religion, that is the goal. Unfortunately, for most people, they will never attain that goal. Because they mistake religion, for God.

Or they reject God through Jesus Christ, and experience "a"[god]. but a god that does not have they best interest, only to eventually lead they soul to eternal destruction where that god/spirit, is going as well.

Satan hates you. Because you have a choice. Him and his innumerable demons/gods, have no choice. And Satan wants nothing more, but to bring you to that eternal destruction that is in store for him and his kingdom.

Don't believe me? you start reconsidering the turncoat card you played, and you will see the turmoil that happens in your life. You're comfortable where you are, because that is where the enemy of your soul wants you, until you die, then he laughs.

How old are you now? try and get out of your comfort zone, and see what happens. You will start a War for your soul. Unfortunately, I think its too late. There is such a bulwark on your mind now, the only peace may have left, is to live out your retirement, and then you die. don't prove me wrong, prove yourself wrong.

I no care much for what you write on the billboard, just consider the writings, when you are all alone.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#511087 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
That's how you demonstrate plagiarism: two links from two authors each claiming to have authored the same material. Whoever published them second was the plagiarist. Did you say that they both plagiarized a third writer? Possibly. But certainly the second of these two plagiarized.
It's never enough just to make the claim. And those making the claim should be prepared to defend it or to be embarrassed and denounced for being unable to do so.
Remember Brother Marine?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#511088 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop fighting with IANS. It accomplishes nothing.
Be the better person, crack a joke.
What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 100?
Your Honor.
What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 50
Senator.
How can you recognize the groom at a RiversideRedneck wedding?

He's the one wearing the clean wifebeater.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#511089 Mar 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry my friend, but this time I must respectfully disagree with you on this. I mean you no disrespect here, but I can tell that you are one who seeks after truth and the Way of Life and not religion, but you have been lied to. We all have been at one time or another. However, you should try your endeavor best to separate truth from lie. Yahshua translated into Latin is Iesus, Greek: Iesous. the letter 'J' probably came about in 1076 in France and Rome with it's popular use in English around the late 1400s to the early 1500s.
Now you can get see where Jesus and Iesus are similar, but Iesous or Iesus is not a translation of Yahshua. the word Yahshua means: Yahweh's Salvation. His people are called by His name and His ben or son represents His father. Only the angel (malak) Gabriel could have given the name. Yah, being a part of his name just like your son whould have a part of your name, and shua meaning salvation. Where can you get that from Iesous which is pronounced in Greek Ie-Zeus? Hebrew can hardly be translated into Latin or English but must be transliterated. Hebrew has no vowels, but has vowel sounds. Look into it. I will get into it in depth a bit more later on. A common excuse by English speakers not to use Yahshua is they say, they are English Speakers and that's their language. Well, why didn't they translate Melchizedek or Obadiah too? Besides, Yahweh is no God or god or gawd or guddis. Lord is directly given and affixed to the god Baal.
<quoted text>
Agreed, and yes, unfortunately, they use the good to cover up for a whole lot of bad.
<quoted text>
Agreed also. There are even some buddhist sects like the Tibetan monks who will cause themselves to be possessed by a particular demon just so they can ward off another demon who is an opposite spirit to teh oen they're possessed with. A dangerous and unrighteous practice. Not to mention, their idolatry.
Shabbat Shalom my friend.
:)
Andrew (CS).
I should have said, Yashua translated into Latin isn't Iesus.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#511090 Mar 28, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't about Dusty. I don't even know him. CJ used that as an example for his accusations against me. Never mind.
Wonder Woman???

lol.

How that wonder woman so sexy? is what you trying to cause on the billboard lady?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511091 Mar 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Brother Marine?
Yes ...a sock puppet.

Fennario

#511092 Mar 28, 2013
This church and its ugly book make themselves expendable. We don't benefit from its hatreds. Only the church itself benefits. The rest of us suffer unnecessary division and strife, even within families.
Adam wrote:
Why do you refer others as we? Are you among them?
Yes.

As I explained to the Dimwit, when I use the word "we" I mean myself and at least one other person. I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone on this one.

Christian homophobia damages us all except a handful. Falwell benefited from homophobia, for example. And the Republican Party in America has also benefited from using homophobia as a wedge issue

But the rest of us are harmed, including you. It certainly doesn't benefit you to spread such a hateful meme. Hating people for no good reason poisons the spirit.

And now that sentiments such as yours are becoming hugely unpopular, your hatred will damage more than just your spirit. It will begin to damage your social situation. Assuming that you share your homophobic opinions with others in meat space as you do here, you can be sure that the same thing is happening to you there that has happened to you here. You have marginalized yourself.

You may recall that you and I had a few pleasant and mutually respectful exchanges before I got to know you better. That's not possible any more.

Sure, that's not much of a loss to you in this one case. But it sure isn't a gain. And multiply it by hundreds, especially among people that are in a position to do you a favor or make your life easier. Many won't because of the things you say.

My father was a conservative bigot who taught me to use the "N" word liberally until my high school days, when good friends straightened me out on that. Besides being unfair and hurtful to others, it was poisoning me, and costing me friends and social influence. Dad didn't do me any favor there. Nor has your church done you any favor.

So, yeah, "we" almost all lose from Christian homophobia. although recently, anew development is that with the public increasingly accepting homosexuality, your church will begin to lose from it as well.

The Republicans are starting to figure this out, and many are beginning to embrace gay marriage. But your church will not. It will go down flaming with this issue, so to speak.

And you are doing your part to help.

Fennario

#511093 Mar 28, 2013
I believe that popular sentiment is turning, and that Christian homophobia and antiscientism are becoming increasingly damaging to the church.
G_O_D wrote:
It is already happening.
Agreed.

And although I worry about any additional harm the Christians might do to gays, and to American scientific literacy and competitiveness, at this point in time and henceforth, I believe that such talk will likely hurt them more than others, which is why I encourage it.

Let the Christians speak.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#511094 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
That is correct.
<quoted text>
I disagree. At this stage in my life, I can say that my philosophy has stood the test of time and delivered. That is evidence enough. This philosophy of mine has yielded happiness for over thirty years. It's a simple philosophy, really - work hard at honest and productive work, have simple tastes, save, be content with what you can have, and treat others well. Does that sound like shaky ground?
How could your religion have made my life better? It would have consumed tens of thousands of hours and dollars, and asked me to give up much of the best that life has to offer with its senseless restrictions on living, laughing and loving.
religion would not have made your life better, but God would have.

What kind of restrictions on living laughing and loving [you] are talking about??? not restrictions on someone else, only discuss you, if you can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Anthony MN 590,933
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Tide with Beach 840,124
Israel End is Near 51 min Someone 113
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 55 min lovewithin 40,546
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Baby chrome 100,094
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr razz58 2,442
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,921
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Edthirty 271,411
More from around the web