Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Name appears on post

Berwick, PA

#511095 Mar 28, 2013
I don't really think it matters one way or the other whether being gay is genetic. Though clearly it's not a "choice," and even if it were, so what?

And yes, gays HAVE BEEN persecuted. Being gay used to be illegal, and in the McCarthy era more gays had been deported than communists. In other countries, gays are killed by the govt. Now things are improving, but it happens now as well in this country. Random folks assaulting gays FOR being gay. And gays are discriminated against actively by not being allowed to marry and reap the financial benefits. And there are plenty of things gays can't do that only would require a search on Google to find a list. Don't even get me started with transgendered individuals -- It threatens others, just by existing. Especially the ones who don't "pass" well or don't intend on "passing." I think transgendered folks may even have it worse.
I'm tired of seeing homosexuals being oppressed, and seeing that blatant oppression vehemently denied by those turning a blind eye to their suffering. I'm tired of women being oppressed, and also men who have certain interests being reprimanded and coerced socially. It's almost like, while women are gaining their rights, slowly, it's seen as a "bid for power" and is thus, more acceptable in certain societies including American society, whereas a man HAS to rigidly follow norms, otherwise it's as though he is "giving up" his "power" and is an insult to "manhood," whatever that is intended to mean.

And that clearly demonstrates that a patriarchy DOES, in fact, exist, in spite of many male's insistent denial. Also, women often are complicit in their own oppression, to the point where they will even have clitordectomies performed on their own daughters, call other women "sluts," gossip and abuse them and reprimand them for not being "ladylike" and submissive.
Name appears on post

Berwick, PA

#511097 Mar 28, 2013
Homosexuality has existed since time immemorial. It may have been an anomaly (which is simply a variation), or it may have simply been nature's way of curbing overpopulation. Who knows? What is known as Transgender has also existed. And if these things are choices, what difference would that make? It's FREEDOM. Though I personally don't believe one can "choose" whom they are attracted to. They can suppress it, at great difficulty, but why should they have to? What or whom is it honestly harming? The sexual acts themselves may be harmful, if "safe sex" procedures are not taken, though this can equally be said of heterosexual sex. Gays are NOT Typhoid Marys. Unfortunately, in the past, many of these diseases had gotten out of hand due to risk-taking behaviors and lack of support from family members. They would engage in these sex acts within the restrooms of run-down Mafia-owned gay bars. But now, with everything being much more open, they are saved from the worst of these self-destructive behaviors which any oppressed minority has the increased potential to engage in.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#511098 Mar 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
So it comes down to you parroting my posts. You know you've lost when that's all you can come up with.
Maybe she just wants a cracker.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#511099 Mar 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have said, Yashua translated into Latin isn't Iesus.
Oh, yeah, right.

I was meaning to point that out to you.

RR, did you catch that too?
Name appears on post

Berwick, PA

#511100 Mar 28, 2013
As an Autistic left-handed biological female with an appearance which stands out from "the norm" and is also Androgynous in presentation, I too have experienced abuse and even outright discrimination. In some other cultures, something as innocuous as being left-handed is considered deviant. Fortunately in America, being left-handed has positive connotations or individuals are at the very least, indifferent to it. Though ANYTHING different is considered deviant to a cultural collective, for the most part, and everyone has been oppressed throughout various points in history. This is a shame. It horrifies me. Had I been born in the Middle Ages, I would be condemned as a "witch" and burned at the stake. And, in this day and age in the West, Psychiatry is taking over where religion left off as the new status quo enforcer. Autistics are thought to be disordered, when, in fact, we are quite content as we are and would like to stay that way. We are eccentric even to the point of being called "bizarre" and we happily move to the beat of our own drum. Though our experience of the world is often invalidated unless we serve our oppressors in some way. Then we are often put on display, as "retards who can do tricks." And it is indeed true that most of us are actually the intellectuals, the scientists, and the philosophers, brimming with creative talent. It has ALWAYS been this way. Though even if we have no talent whatsoever, or at least don't want to share with you, we still deserve to exist for our own right, and not solely for you. Variation and difference for its own sake is positive and beautiful.

“Truth Seeker ”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#511101 Mar 28, 2013
Hmm, interesting topic. I was wondering more of does God make everyone life fair? It doesn't look like it at the surface. Seems like certain people are just lucky and better off than many others.

If religion says God is fair, why doesn't life, which it controls not seem to be that way?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#511102 Mar 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Agreed.
And although I worry about any additional harm the Christians might do to gays, and to American scientific literacy and competitiveness, at this point in time and henceforth, I believe that such talk will likely hurt them more than others, which is why I encourage it.
Let the Christians speak.
RR, you heard the man.

Keep embarrassing yourself.

Fennario

#511103 Mar 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a regualr "Monkey Pylon's Frying Circle" ain't it ? <smile>
http://0.tqn.com/d/dogs/1/0/6/j/1/josie_pug_m...
Name appears on post

Berwick, PA

#511104 Mar 28, 2013
I'm not blaming anyone for this worldwide gender crisis, because men are also slaves to the concept of "gender." Some men feel they have to dress a certain way, and not deviate behaviorally in the least bit from other men, otherwise they are socially reprimanded with name-calling such as "faggot." You can't be smarter, or interested in Art or ANYTHING. You HAVE to be one of the guys and drink beer and watch football. Indeed, the whole concept of "being a man" is to separate oneself from women, and yet men ironically try to take everything a woman has, right down to reproduction. Hell, they're even trying to simulate pregnancy. And certain religious folks claim that, as men, they are created in "God's image" whereas women are created in the image of men, which is kind of funny considering that women's bodies are actually STRUCTURED to create life. I'm just saying. Remember, this isn't a "blame game." I'm just trying to get to the bottom of things.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#511106 Mar 28, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Way before the Bible existed.
hahaaa

Fennario

#511110 Mar 28, 2013
Lacez wrote:
From a historical view, one would see that marriage was first a civil item before it was a religious one.
Marriage has nothing to do with gods or religion. It's about the rights and responsibilities of people that want to share a household as a family, especially regarding property, children, and one another.

Churches are no more essential to marriages than caterers and florists. If you can only afford either a priest or a wedding cake, get the cake.

Fennario

#511113 Mar 28, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are… a different game you should play.”~ Yoda
Good one. I verified it in Wookiepedia

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#511114 Mar 28, 2013
Name appears on post wrote:
I don't really think it matters one way or the other whether being gay is genetic. Though clearly it's not a "choice," and even if it were, so what?
And yes, gays HAVE BEEN persecuted. Being gay used to be illegal, and in the McCarthy era more gays had been deported than communists. In other countries, gays are killed by the govt. Now things are improving, but it happens now as well in this country. Random folks assaulting gays FOR being gay. And gays are discriminated against actively by not being allowed to marry and reap the financial benefits. And there are plenty of things gays can't do that only would require a search on Google to find a list. Don't even get me started with transgendered individuals -- It threatens others, just by existing. Especially the ones who don't "pass" well or don't intend on "passing." I think transgendered folks may even have it worse.
I'm tired of seeing homosexuals being oppressed, and seeing that blatant oppression vehemently denied by those turning a blind eye to their suffering. I'm tired of women being oppressed, and also men who have certain interests being reprimanded and coerced socially. It's almost like, while women are gaining their rights, slowly, it's seen as a "bid for power" and is thus, more acceptable in certain societies including American society, whereas a man HAS to rigidly follow norms, otherwise it's as though he is "giving up" his "power" and is an insult to "manhood," whatever that is intended to mean.
And that clearly demonstrates that a patriarchy DOES, in fact, exist, in spite of many male's insistent denial. Also, women often are complicit in their own oppression, to the point where they will even have clitordectomies performed on their own daughters, call other women "sluts," gossip and abuse them and reprimand them for not being "ladylike" and submissive.
.. my goodness, I'm impressed ..

.. most women look at other women in one of two ways:
-- competition or,
-- for some, a potential lover.

.. in certain areas, women must take their cue from men - quit calling each other sluts, stop gossiping and learn a bit about assertiveness (not aggressiveness)..

Fennario

#511115 Mar 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
LOL. It's always a pleasure to read your posts, IANS.
Likewise. The plagiarism thing was timely.

Fennario

#511116 Mar 28, 2013
Adam wrote:
I don´t mind to break this to you. More than 80% of AIDS cases in Canada are among homosexual or bisexual males; other diseases suffered either exclusively, or in larger percentages by the homosexual population, include: anal cancer, chlamydia trachomatis, cryptosporidium, giardia lamblia, herpes simplex virus, HPV, gonorrhea, viral hepatitis B and C, and syphilis.”
Those are human diseases, not gay diseases:

"Farrah Fawcett Dies of Anal Cancer"
http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20090623/far...
boooots wrote:
Thanks for breaking that to me. I see that as a medical problem, not something to 'break' to a non-gay person who is not trained in medicine. My son is a doctor, so perhaps he could use that information. Otherwise, what does it have to do with this thread?
I think that Adam mistook it for the Why Should Jesus Glove Me thread.
Adam

Germany

#511119 Mar 28, 2013
America has always been known to have stricter laws than any other western counties. To award an injunction in favor for homosexual unions would question the authenticity of America as world power.
Gay marriage should be not the american dream of modern days.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#511121 Mar 28, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Hello C_T,
Please don't give me a whole rundown on 'the history'

And why not? If history proves it is so then isn't it so? When one runs from history, they show one of two things:
1. They are not interested in truth, and
2. They are willing to accept whatever they already know as truth, no matter how shaky it may be.
This is up to you anyway. Scripture does say one should 'Study' to show themselves approved, not to man, but to the Most High One.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
- as unlike you and Brotherly Love - I do not study the lace edging of every term.
I think you're stretching it to feel comfortable with yourself. I understand where you're coming from. Where you're at you feel it works for you, which is good. Very good. However, will what you know assure you of salvation?
Hosea 4:6 says: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being priest for Me;
Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.

John 8:32 states: 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Now, whenever we give up truth for comfort and security we decide to walk on very thin ice. I know you have the best of intentions PW, and I have nothing against you at all. I only hope for you that you continue to study and be approved by Yahweh even if man disapproves of you.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
For me... just reading and writing English is enough, and the end result... a report... dedicated to Ishi.
Nothing... can ever change this.
Shalom and God Bless.
English is fine except when pagan words are affixed to portions of the language. Many of the words we use in English aren't English in origin or not even English at all, like words such as Dejavu. One must remember, that English is directly from the Latin language. It is strange to me that people like Barak Obama, Leonardo DaVinci, Osama bin Laden, Fidel Castro, Napoleon Bonaparte, Gaius Julius Caeser, Lionel Messi and all these people world over are given the respect and their names aren't translated wherever they go. Yet, the Savior's name, there is power of healing, deliverance and salvation in His name, but somehow using a poor translation of it should be ok with us? There are many names in scripture that are no translated, but why is the Savior's name woefully translated and the name of the Creator of life and of All things is removed? Yet this doesn't concern you?
Quite Interesting indeed.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Hosea 2
16 And it shall be at that day, saith the Lord, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.
17 For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
(edited for space)
Jones' Dictionary of Old Testament Proper Names doesn't treat this name but NOBS Study Bible Name List reads My Husband.
I am happy that you read scripture. I just have one more to share.
Jeremiah 23:26&27: 26 How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart, 27 who try to make My people forget My name by their dreams which everyone tells his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My name for Baal.

Shalom my friend.

Andrew (CS).

“FAITH IN MANKIND”

Since: Mar 13

AT PEACE WITH NATURE

#511123 Mar 28, 2013
Name appears on post wrote:
I'm not blaming anyone for this worldwide gender crisis, because men are also slaves to the concept of "gender." Some men feel they have to dress a certain way, and not deviate behaviorally in the least bit from other men, otherwise they are socially reprimanded with name-calling such as "faggot." You can't be smarter, or interested in Art or ANYTHING. You HAVE to be one of the guys and drink beer and watch football. Indeed, the whole concept of "being a man" is to separate oneself from women, and yet men ironically try to take everything a woman has, right down to reproduction. Hell, they're even trying to simulate pregnancy. And certain religious folks claim that, as men, they are created in "God's image" whereas women are created in the image of men, which is kind of funny considering that women's bodies are actually STRUCTURED to create life. I'm just saying. Remember, this isn't a "blame game." I'm just trying to get to the bottom of things.
I like your posts "Name appears on post". You have a style of just saying what you think and letting people just read your thoughts.

I read back a few pages here and found you to be a bright and intelligent poster. Some of the other posters - their style was a bit different is the nicest way that I know to say it.

Keep being just who you are - you are doing good!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#511124 Mar 28, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. You can go even further back in history than the Romans too. Speaking of the Bible, have you seen that mini series on the History channel?
Ya, I like it.

The production's a little cheesy, but otherwise it's pretty good.

I'm not looking forward to this Sunday's episode, "The Passion"...
Adam

Germany

#511126 Mar 28, 2013
I think America should remain faithful to itself. Any changes in the laws or deviation of standards in favor for the sinners would have fatal consequences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 18,136
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 684,021
harthside COOKIES 5 min C eh N eh D eh 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min Aerobatty 983,396
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 4 hr Mikeylikesit 29
Any women like to sit on guys faces and fart? (Feb '15) 6 hr Jimjim3100 21
Testing. 8 hr ImPeach 3
More from around the web