Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#510996 Mar 28, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That was lovly Annie. Thank you again.
Do you believe that that was a true story?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#510997 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm...

I don't know, but it might help gays if they quit acting so different from everybody else.

What I mean is, you never hear a straight man identify himself as a straight man. Just the man. Why does a gay man feel the need to force a different identification on himself? Why must he say "I am a gay man"?

Now it's just my opinion, I could be very wrong, but I think the "normal" gays - the ones that don't wear rainbow socks and have a strong lisp and call guys "girlfriend"- help gays a lot more than hurt gays.

Thoughts?

This is how we perceive you. It's a stereotype, I know. It sucks, I know.
We don't, or at least I don't.
If my boyfriend happens to come into the conversation, I don't start off by "I'm gay," I start off by "my boyfriend blah blah blah."
It's all about nonchalance because that's how it should be.
People shouldn't have to say they're gay but some people feel the need to.

My point is that not many outright say it, most people just talk about it and let people figure it out by themselves.

Montreal

#510998 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I know about that case. It was monumental, and I agree with it 100%.

However, I really can't put gays in the same plight of blacks. Every black person is born black and cannot help being black. Just because there black doesn't mean they're doing something wrong.

I understand that some gays might be born gay, but I will not concede or think that all gays are born gay.
All gay people cannot help the way they feel towards the same sex.
You're thinking of bisexual people.
Gay people are therefore in the same category.

Montreal

#510999 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know.

But racial identity & sexual identity are different things.
Just because it's easier to see doesn't mean it's different.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#511000 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how could an unconstitutional thing like DOMA exist in law for almost 20 years?
Religious intolerance.

Montreal

#511001 Mar 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>True.

[QUOTE].. you were raised in a culture that frowned on sissy boys and butch women. "

That's putting it mildly....

[QUOTE] Because of Topix forums, you're slowly starting to understand gays/lesbians come in all shapes and sizes .. "

Not just Topix, it's the real world too.

Y'all gays seem to be everywhere :)

But I gotta admit, I saw a dude today that was obviously gay, tight pants, girlie shirt, etc. I couldn't help but roll my eyes...

Sorry.

[QUOTE].. people like River Tam, Lacez, Wilderide and myself must remain highly visible. That's the only way you'll ever find out who we really are .."

It doesn't help me so much. For all I know you're a man...

If you're not, you'd flash me & prove me wrong ;)
Many people are surprised I'm gay, I supposedly don't look it.
Same for my fiance.

Montreal

#511002 Mar 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Just gave one, you didn't see it because it flew completely over your head.
That wasn't a response, it was deflection.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#511003 Mar 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Watch a tv show from say the 70's. At that time something good might have been called "far out" In the 80's it was cool. In 2013 something thought good is called "sick". My point is that things that man thinks important are in a constant state of change.
That was your point?

The only point you made is that language changes. You didn't make the point that the things that we consider important change, just the slang used to show approval of them. You probably consider that comment annoying and petty. But LAWLESS has been talking about Christian logic.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
To me one of the reasons words and meanings change here is because the devil is the false god or antichrist spirit now in charge on this earth.
Here is more Christian logic.

Incidentally, myth has it that your god was the one who confounded human communication at Babel. Thank you, Jesus.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
No doubt that spirit lived in John Lennon as he once said that those that served Christ (Christianity) would fade.
And he was right. I prefer the spirit of Lennon over that of your bible god and its minions.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
nor will you ever have any success with your working to move people that are in Christ Jesus into thinking that we should give up because our faith is old and irrelevant.
We understand that. Most of you are irretrievably lost.

The hope is that your children or their children will choose reason over religion, and that the numbers will change by death and attrition, not conversion.

You will continue to lose ground in a world that considers science sound, your religion out of touch, and skepticism a reasonable and socially acceptable alternative.

Montreal

#511004 Mar 28, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the beginning of marriage is always an exciting time, I wish you both all the best :)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#511005 Mar 28, 2013
M_O_R_N_I_N_G

“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are…
a different game you should play.”

~ Yoda

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#511006 Mar 28, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I present to you my body as a living sacrifice unto You. Please help me to be holy and acceptable, which is my reasonable service (as Your Word exhorts in Romans 12:1). Guide and direct me, protect me from harm and evil, and shine through my life to influence the world around me for You. May You be glorified and may the lost be pointed to Jesus through the testimony of my life. Please keep me pure and forgive me, dear God, of my sins and failures so that I might start afresh, again today. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#511007 Mar 28, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.

1 Peter 5:7

Fennario

#511008 Mar 28, 2013
Adam wrote:
@HL
You have already perverted AnnieJ and took her on your side.You are trying to take lebinism to the next level next to feminism and to combine them to eathother and say wow,right? I am not a demon btw I am taking my time to help you.
Combine them so that they can do what to one another? I'd say "wow" too.

Fennario

#511009 Mar 28, 2013
Adam wrote:
@HL
You have already perverted AnnieJ and took her on your side.You are trying to take lebinism to the next level next to feminism and to combine them to eathother and say wow,right? I am not a demon btw I am taking my time to help you.
Here For Now wrote:
Just so you know, you are not helping.
Disagree. Adam is my main man. He, Dim, and Dr. Shrink deserve kudos for their witness.

Fennario

#511010 Mar 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
Sorry. Jesus is dead. And Christ is a myth. But their anagram is still pulling for ya.
Whoosh!

BTW, welcome to the thread.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#511011 Mar 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't say you required it nor was I giving it, out of curiosity, are you a woman?
No, why?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#511012 Mar 28, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
From a historical view, one would see that marriage was first a civil item before it was a religious one.
Even then, you can still keep your view of marriage, but don expect everyone else to treat their marriages in the same way.
First the marriage, then the personal applications.
You might be right. Marriage has been around since just about forever, the only reason we think God came up with it is because of a Book. A great Book, a Holy Book but still a Book, written by man, therefore fallible. There are however, much older theories on the subject which point back to God and soul mates and such.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#511014 Mar 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoosh!
BTW, welcome to the thread.
LOL.

It's always a pleasure to read your posts, IANS.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#511015 Mar 28, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be right. Marriage has been around since just about forever, the only reason we think God came up with it is because of a Book. A great Book, a Holy Book but still a Book, written by man, therefore fallible. There are however, much older theories on the subject which point back to God and soul mates and such.
Yep

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#511016 Mar 28, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>For this topic, I've been tMailing everyone that responds. I didn't know it would offend you. I apologize, then. It won't happen again. In saying that, here's the tMail...
The origin of my question derived from a poster's belief that every believer is predestined. Therefore, every unbeliever would be, then, predestined to be put to death with no hopes of salvation. I believe such a belief is most erroneous. And I wondered how many others might believe similarly.
My intention for sharing the parable of the marriage-feast was to show a difference between the Bride and the general assembly of believers.
There's much more this goes into, but I thought I'd share with you the gist of it.
END OF POST
I've been tMailing people because I've been trying to avoid mockery, ridicule, and what-have-you. I've seen way too many discussions explode way off-topic too many times. And discussions become difficult to have when all involved are somewhat forced to spend more time defending themselves and their beliefs than actually discussing the topic at hand. Again, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you, or waste your time.
Why should jesus love me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Rosesz 665,628
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Brian_G 284,738
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,820
donald trump will not fulfill all campaign prom... 1 hr crucifiedguy 62
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 2 hr str8hairymarried 85
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr truth 88,545
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 hr Brian_G 980
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 4 hr truth 722
The Future of Politics in America 6 hr River Tam 313
More from around the web