Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This shows that many, many more people are killed by guns than by knives.
Why not read before posting it?
I did read it and understood. It was late and I failed to explain. But then since you read I figured you would see the title Murder Victims by Weapons. It did not say Comparing Murders by Guns to Knives.

It that doesn’t suit your fancy, fire me. LOL

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello PW..
:)
Morning smiles to U2 P23.
How have you been after being back?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't DOMA actually follow and protect the tenth amendment?
Why is it unconstitutional?
OK, I'll give you one lesson. There are many others.

Under DOMA, a homosexual couple who are legally married (in a state where gay marriage is recognized), is deprived of benefits which, under federal law, a heterosexual married couple will receive.

Nothing to do with the tenth amendment. Nothing that leaves anything to the states. Quite the contrary.

DOMA is unconstitutional, and the Supreme Court will so hold.

You heard it from Catcher; you can put your money on it.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Proverbs 8: 22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
@EPI and HFN
Big Mud Puddles and Sunny Yellow Dandelions
Author Unknown
When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard.
My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.
When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away.
My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.
When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen.
My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.
When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.
My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.
When I pray, I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that.
My kids say, "Hi God! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."
When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and dirty carpets.
My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross, and worms to play with.
I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from? No wonder God loves the little children! Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
I like that Annie. Thank you for taking the time to find and post it.

I think kids and us teach eachother.

When I think back when I was a kid. I do see what was probably little things to others were big things to me.:)

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning smiles to U2 P23.
How have you been after being back?
Hey, PW..

Not sure what ya mean,''after being back''?

Give me some more intel on that plz? grinn
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
For anyone interested...
Jesus and the Mud Puddle
http://morningstoryanddilbert.wordpress.com/2...
That was lovly Annie. Thank you again.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The rationale was to declare gay marriage to be a state's rights issue and not one for the federal government.
Per the tenth amendment of the Constitution;
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
DOMA leaves gay marriage to be entirely an issue for each individual state to decide for itself.
It was decided the federal government would not recognize gay marriage, nor would it forbid any state from doing such, nor would it require any state to do such.
The idea behind it was to allow each state the freedom to recognize gay marriage within that state if so desired without requiring any other state to recognize said marriages against its wishes.
Where do we go from here?
.. because of DOMA, legal gay/lesbian marriages and civil unions are not recognized by the federal government and none of the benefits of marriage under federal law will apply including:

1. Social Security, veterans' and military benefits for spouses.
2. Spousal Privilege (Trials)
3. Immigration of spouse.
4. 179 tax benefits that take marital status into account including estate taxes and joint income tax returns.
5. Employee Benefits (Insurance, medical leave, bereavement, etc.)
6. Death Benefits.
7. Legal action for wrongful death, etc.
8. Crime victim recovery benefits.
9. The list goes on.

.. at one time, slavery and interracial marriage was a state right. Here is an excerpt from the Amicus Brief regarding DOMA by read by justices of the Supreme Court:

"Like the identical argument that is presently used to oppose marriage for same-sex couples, past opposition to interracial marriage regarded interracial marriage as threats to social order and the institutions of marriage and family. See Renee Romano, Race Mixing: Black-White Marriage in Postwar America 45-46 (2003). The chief argument being used to oppose same-sex marriage is a recycled
claim that was used to oppose interracial marriage and revolves around the assertion that extending marriage rights to same-sex couples risks weakening one of our most important tools for transmitting social values and maintaining social order. For interracial marriage, the social order argument relied on the premise that “the underlying assumption … that the union of a man and woman of different races did not fit the concept of marriage.”

"Identical to the interracial argument, now, those who oppose same-sex marriage point to marriage and the family as the main social device to transmit values and beliefs across generations, and argue
that value transmission can only be successfully accomplished in two-parent, mixed-gender households because marriage for same-sex couples does not fit the concept of marriage."

.. if you would like, I can PM you this portion of the brief ..

.. SCOTUS must overrule DOMA then gays/lesbians will work on winning the minds of people ..
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Our good early morning to you too HFN!
The days are drawing in as tho it has gone 7-30 am, it is only breaking daylight thru the rain now.
I love the faithfulness of the dog too... not moving by even a suggestion of the leash still on the ground. Both child and best friend, priceless!
Re your larger Biblical posts... do you write them?
Thanx for sharing them either way.
God Bless Sister.
Can thank Annie J for that one.
No those are from a devotional

http://www.blackaby.org/devarchive.asp

I think most dogs would have either wondered off or tried to join in on the tot’s fun.:)

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
I don't have time to educate you on this.
But you are totally wrong.
You are often wrong, but you are not dishonest. Look it up, do some research, and you will see how wrong you are.
.. if RR is sincerely interested, he can start with the Loving v. Virginia 1967 SCOTUS ruling which invalidated laws prohibiting interracial marriage ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virgin...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
It may not be the one they were talking about. He is the only one I know about.
I’m not sure what you mean when you say you had to stop going over my post Sister. Maybe that you should not go to sleep while on duty. I agree that keeping watch is a watchers duty. But humans fail.
HFN
Me too...

I had to stop reading and responding to your post due to duty calls! More vital than topix land. One could hardly fall asleep while on call... it would be fair to those we care for!

But of course humans fail... I was sharing your post not white- anting it. It is one I happen to be very attached to re Jesus HFN, so I shared a quick thought before I had to go again... That way I could also share some-o-God's Love.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
No those are from a devotional
http://www.blackaby.org/devarchive.asp
I think most dogs would have either wondered off or tried to join in on the tot’s fun.:)
OK... thanx for that... looks like a good link.
Agreed... a dog truly is man's best friend!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Under DOMA, a homosexual couple who are legally married (in a state where gay marriage is recognized), is deprived of benefits which, under federal law, a heterosexual married couple will receive.
Nothing to do with the tenth amendment. Nothing that leaves anything to the states. Quite the contrary.
Then how could an unconstitutional thing like DOMA exist in law for almost 20 years?

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
.. gotta love some of the statements being made by SCOTUS Justices ..

Kennedy referred to DOMA as "inconsistent" because it purports to give authority to the states to define marriage while limiting recognition of those determinations.

"Comparing marriage status with types of milk," Ruth Ginsburg said, "that a gay marriage endorsed by a state, but not recognized by the federal government, could be viewed as the equivalent of "skim milk."

Sotomayor: "What gives the federal government the right to be concerned at all about the definition of marriage?"

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg also raised concerns about the law, stressing how important federal recognition is to any person who is legally married.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Epi..
Wow, looks like they only a few of ya left posting in here. It's understandable though, it does take a toll on ya... As always though you are still faithful to posting ur daily prayers and such.. Keep pressing toward that mark of the high calling my friend..
God Bless.
Yes....Glory goes to God...

Timbo...good to see you Friend

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how could an unconstitutional thing like DOMA exist in law for almost 20 years?
.. how did unconstitutional interracial laws remain on the books for nearly 100 years ??..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city spend a year there carry on business and make money.You do not even know what will happen tomorrow.What is your life.You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.Instead you ought to say "If it is the Lord's will we will live and do this or that."
Instead you boast and brag.All such boasting is evil.Anyone then who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it,sin.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

@HL

By whom are you lesbian demon frustrated?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Worth a re-post >>>Annie J<<<
Jesus & The Mud Puddle
http://morningstoryanddilbert.wordpress.com/2...

Howard  County Sheriff Jerry Marr got a disturbing call one Saturday  afternoon a few months ago. His 6-year-old grandson, Mikey, had been hit by a car while fishing in Greentown with his dad.

The father and son were near a bridge by the Kokomo Reservoir when a woman lost control of her car, slid off the bridge and hit Mikey at a rate of about 50 mph.
Sheriff Marr had seen the results of accidents like this and feared the worst. When he got to Saint Joseph Hospital, he rushed through the emergency room to find Mikey conscious and in fairly good spirits.

‘Mikey, what happened?’ Sheriff Marr asked. Mikey replied,‘Well, Papaw, I was fishin’ with Dad, and some lady runned me over, I flew into a mud puddle, and broke my fishin’ pole and I didn’t get to catch no fish!’

As it turned out, the impact propelled Mikey about 500 feet, over a few trees and an embankment and in to the middle of a mud puddle. His only injuries were to his right femur bone, which had broken in two places.

Mikey had surgery to place pins in his leg. Otherwise the boy is fine.

Since all the boy could talk about was that his fishing pole was broken, the Sheriff went out to Wal-Mart and bought him a new one while he was in surgery so he could have it when he came out.
The next day the Sheriff sat with Mikey to keep him company in the hospital. Mikey was enjoying his new fishing pole and talked about when he could go fishing again as he cast into the trash can.

When they were alone Mikey, just as matter-of-fact, said,‘Papaw, did you know Jesus is real?’

‘Well,’ the Sheriff replied, a little startled.

‘Yes, Jesus is real to all who believe in him and love him in their hearts.’

‘No,’ said Mikey.‘I mean Jesus is REALLY REAL.’
‘What do you mean?’ asked the Sheriff.

‘I know he’s real ’cause I saw him,’ said Mikey, still casting into the trash can.

‘You did ?’ said the Sheriff.

‘Yep,’ said Mikey.‘When that lady runned me over and broke my fishing pole, Jesus caught me in his arms and laid me down in the mud puddle.’
Thanx for the 'prayer' you shared with Epi too.
Very beautiful.
For any who missed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

(((*()*))) Koala hugs Sister Friend
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too...
I had to stop reading and responding to your post due to duty calls! More vital than topix land. One could hardly fall asleep while on call... it would be fair to those we care for!
But of course humans fail... I was sharing your post not white- anting it. It is one I happen to be very attached to re Jesus HFN, so I shared a quick thought before I had to go again... That way I could also share some-o-God's Love.
I see.:) Thank you for letting me know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 490,641 - 490,660 of598,715
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

377 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min VIKING 716,151
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min guest 529,751
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min karl44 440,798
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 37 min Sasha 108
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 44 min ocxz 114,559
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 45 min Clearwater 171,400
Anyone Up for Skype Sex? 46 min starbutterfly85 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 255,614
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••