Nobody

Dallas, TX

#510529 Mar 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the post that you responded to.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I read no further Lawest than the above statement.
I am trying to limit myself to people that are willing to discuss without sarcasm...snide remarks...etc etc
Well...maybe an occassional rebuttal to shrinky dink...
I came to Topix to discuss my opinions and to hear the opinions of others...not to bicker and battle...time for me to get back to that...keep myself out of the fray.
Thank you for at least reading my post.
I am not sure what your post has to do with what I said but if you will explain then maybe I will have a better understanding. I just find not connection between the two.
Oh well, guess I was reading something else and clicked on yours.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#510530 Mar 27, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Making the actual claim is unnecessary..."G_O_D ".
<quoted text>After driving tractor-trailers for 10+ years, I obtained the ability to tell the difference between experienced and amateur drivers. There's one way to tell that, most likely, only experience can reveal.
I am a trianied and experienced historian and anthropologist which has more bearing on this thread than a CDL.

Your point is well taken.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#510531 Mar 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You don;t even know the "dirty rags" are in the original Hebrew.
Is that a statement or a question?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#510532 Mar 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
@EPI and HFN
Big Mud Puddles and Sunny Yellow Dandelions
Author Unknown
When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard.
My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.
When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away.
My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.
When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen.
My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.
When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.
My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.
When I pray, I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that.
My kids say, "Hi God! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."
When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and dirty carpets.
My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross, and worms to play with.
I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from? No wonder God loves the little children! Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Great Story.....Why and when do we as adults lose our spontinaity and "Fun" gene.....

I love being with my grandkids....They let me enjoy and share in their Love of Life.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#510533 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
He said "eat me"........
He...He...He (Are you related to Beavis?)
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#510534 Mar 27, 2013
Rick In Kansas will die soon for his PERVERT sins, Who wants to be next?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#510535 Mar 27, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie J posted this once...
LuV U2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PN-MjUC4f9kXX
Thank you PW, I like that. It is just what a kid would do.
HFN

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#510536 Mar 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I believe I mentioned that it's a literary reference.
Specifically, it was the Zulu nickname of Allan Quatermain, Haggard's protagonist in "King Solomon's Mines" and a number of other tales.
Try to keep up.
Ja no fine. You are a changed man since last we shared.
Excuse me for being happy.

" May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past "
 Irish Blessings 2U2

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#510537 Mar 27, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
o common
just please please?
end this shit, and your worthless day dreams delusional maniacial brain sickness
Annie J posted the spiders for NAOP dr shink, and sometimes, just sometimes, you can have empathy for the autistic also.
Spider blessing to you too...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#510538 Mar 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I read no further Lawest than the above statement.
I am trying to limit myself to people that are willing to discuss without sarcasm...snide remarks...etc etc
Well...maybe an occassional rebuttal to shrinky dink...
I came to Topix to discuss my opinions and to hear the opinions of others...not to bicker and battle...time for me to get back to that...keep myself out of the fray.
Thank you for at least reading my post.
Yes, I came for reasons too AnnieJ; and have ended up writing stuff that I wish I hadn't, but at the end of the day, it was me thinking the thoughts and putting them in writing.
Topix brought out that in myself which I am ashamed of, and try harder each day as further comprehension sets in, too be a better person than I was yesterday.
There won't be as much time as I am used to after Easter, as I will be putting myself into seclusion a few nights a week to get my work done. It would indeed be grand to come in here and read postings of the old days, but today has entered into yesterday and things won't ever be the same; wishful thinking won't bring it back.
Happy Easter to all, it is Thursday down here, and time for me to get ready for work; Serah

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#510539 Mar 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. here's something important ..
.. as you know, Mrs. Edith Windsor, 83, appeared in front the U.S. Supreme Court today regarding the legality of DOMA ..
.. in 2007, she married her companion of 42+ years, Thea Spyer, in Canada. After Spyer's death, the octogenarian widow was hit with a $360,000 estate tax bill along with a myriad of legal problems ..
.. President Obama was unwilling to hound Mrs. Windsor to 'pay up,' but House Speaker John Boehner proved more than willing to take up the task at a cost to taxpayers of far more than the money Mrs. Windsor owed. Enter the Supreme Court ..
.. the very insanity of DOMA and Boehner reflects the influence of religion in the United States. The 9-day marriage of Cher and Gregg Allman met all legal requirements but a 42+ year relationship/marriage did not; and yes, religion is to blame. Reciting scripture to withhold equal rights and prohibit same-sex marriage is unconstitutional and no longer acceptable in our society ..
.. SCOTUS must overturn DOMA or the protests of gays and lesbians will reverberate throughout America ..
Don't you worry.

DOMA will be declared to be unconstitutional (as it clearly is).

It will be buried, along with anti-miscegenation laws, in the dustbin of history.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#510540 Mar 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you PW, I like that. It is just what a kid would do.
HFN
Our good early morning to you too HFN!
The days are drawing in as tho it has gone 7-30 am, it is only breaking daylight thru the rain now.
I love the faithfulness of the dog too... not moving by even a suggestion of the leash still on the ground. Both child and best friend, priceless!

Re your larger Biblical posts... do you write them?
Thanx for sharing them either way.

God Bless Sister.
Can thank Annie J for that one.

Location hidden

#510542 Mar 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
He...He...He (Are you related to Beavis?)
Hey Epi..

Wow, looks like they only a few of ya left posting in here. It's understandable though, it does take a toll on ya... As always though you are still faithful to posting ur daily prayers and such.. Keep pressing toward that mark of the high calling my friend..

God Bless.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#510543 Mar 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I am a trianied and experienced historian and anthropologist which has more bearing on this thread than a CDL.
Your point is well taken.
Driving a truck says nothing in regards to what I've learned. I was studying college material in Junior-High school, that I got from the public library, so...

Regardless. I hope my point was understood.

Location hidden

#510544 Mar 27, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie J posted the spiders for NAOP dr shink, and sometimes, just sometimes, you can have empathy for the autistic also.
Spider blessing to you too...
Hello PW..
:)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#510545 Mar 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. here's something important ..
.. as you know, Mrs. Edith Windsor, 83, appeared in front the U.S. Supreme Court today regarding the legality of DOMA ..
.. in 2007, she married her companion of 42+ years, Thea Spyer, in Canada. After Spyer's death, the octogenarian widow was hit with a $360,000 estate tax bill along with a myriad of legal problems ..
.. President Obama was unwilling to hound Mrs. Windsor to 'pay up,' but House Speaker John Boehner proved more than willing to take up the task at a cost to taxpayers of far more than the money Mrs. Windsor owed. Enter the Supreme Court ..
.. the very insanity of DOMA and Boehner reflects the influence of religion in the United States. The 9-day marriage of Cher and Gregg Allman met all legal requirements but a 42+ year relationship/marriage did not; and yes, religion is to blame. Reciting scripture to withhold equal rights and prohibit same-sex marriage is unconstitutional and no longer acceptable in our society ..
.. SCOTUS must overturn DOMA or the protests of gays and lesbians will reverberate throughout America ..
The rationale was to declare gay marriage to be a state's rights issue and not one for the federal government.

Per the tenth amendment of the Constitution;
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

DOMA leaves gay marriage to be entirely an issue for each individual state to decide for itself.

It was decided the federal government would not recognize gay marriage, nor would it forbid any state from doing such, nor would it require any state to do such.

The idea behind it was to allow each state the freedom to recognize gay marriage within that state if so desired without requiring any other state to recognize said marriages against its wishes.

Where do we go from here?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#510546 Mar 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you worry.
DOMA will be declared to be unconstitutional (as it clearly is).
It will be buried, along with anti-miscegenation laws, in the dustbin of history.
Doesn't DOMA actually follow and protect the tenth amendment?

Why is it unconstitutional?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#510547 Mar 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was me.....Sliding on that "Slip and Slide" full of Mud....
LOL
Love ya Friend....Have a BLESSED day
LOL
((((Epiphany))))
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#510548 Mar 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree....
:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#510549 Mar 27, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Driving a truck says nothing in regards to what I've learned. I was studying college material in Junior-High school, that I got from the public library, so...
Regardless. I hope my point was understood.
That I am more qualified to address the history, archeology and anthropology matters on this thread than most ?

Agreed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 739,673
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min truth 542,658
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Thinking 227,561
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 48 min bacon hater 1,101
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ1 259,549
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 36,887
Hollywood Libtards dedicated to ASSIST in destr... 1 hr A Tree 4
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 15 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••