Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#510539 Mar 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. here's something important ..
.. as you know, Mrs. Edith Windsor, 83, appeared in front the U.S. Supreme Court today regarding the legality of DOMA ..
.. in 2007, she married her companion of 42+ years, Thea Spyer, in Canada. After Spyer's death, the octogenarian widow was hit with a $360,000 estate tax bill along with a myriad of legal problems ..
.. President Obama was unwilling to hound Mrs. Windsor to 'pay up,' but House Speaker John Boehner proved more than willing to take up the task at a cost to taxpayers of far more than the money Mrs. Windsor owed. Enter the Supreme Court ..
.. the very insanity of DOMA and Boehner reflects the influence of religion in the United States. The 9-day marriage of Cher and Gregg Allman met all legal requirements but a 42+ year relationship/marriage did not; and yes, religion is to blame. Reciting scripture to withhold equal rights and prohibit same-sex marriage is unconstitutional and no longer acceptable in our society ..
.. SCOTUS must overturn DOMA or the protests of gays and lesbians will reverberate throughout America ..
Don't you worry.

DOMA will be declared to be unconstitutional (as it clearly is).

It will be buried, along with anti-miscegenation laws, in the dustbin of history.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#510540 Mar 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you PW, I like that. It is just what a kid would do.
HFN
Our good early morning to you too HFN!
The days are drawing in as tho it has gone 7-30 am, it is only breaking daylight thru the rain now.
I love the faithfulness of the dog too... not moving by even a suggestion of the leash still on the ground. Both child and best friend, priceless!

Re your larger Biblical posts... do you write them?
Thanx for sharing them either way.

God Bless Sister.
Can thank Annie J for that one.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#510542 Mar 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
He...He...He (Are you related to Beavis?)
Hey Epi..

Wow, looks like they only a few of ya left posting in here. It's understandable though, it does take a toll on ya... As always though you are still faithful to posting ur daily prayers and such.. Keep pressing toward that mark of the high calling my friend..

God Bless.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#510543 Mar 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I am a trianied and experienced historian and anthropologist which has more bearing on this thread than a CDL.
Your point is well taken.
Driving a truck says nothing in regards to what I've learned. I was studying college material in Junior-High school, that I got from the public library, so...

Regardless. I hope my point was understood.

Location hidden

#510544 Mar 27, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie J posted the spiders for NAOP dr shink, and sometimes, just sometimes, you can have empathy for the autistic also.
Spider blessing to you too...
Hello PW..
:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#510545 Mar 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. here's something important ..
.. as you know, Mrs. Edith Windsor, 83, appeared in front the U.S. Supreme Court today regarding the legality of DOMA ..
.. in 2007, she married her companion of 42+ years, Thea Spyer, in Canada. After Spyer's death, the octogenarian widow was hit with a $360,000 estate tax bill along with a myriad of legal problems ..
.. President Obama was unwilling to hound Mrs. Windsor to 'pay up,' but House Speaker John Boehner proved more than willing to take up the task at a cost to taxpayers of far more than the money Mrs. Windsor owed. Enter the Supreme Court ..
.. the very insanity of DOMA and Boehner reflects the influence of religion in the United States. The 9-day marriage of Cher and Gregg Allman met all legal requirements but a 42+ year relationship/marriage did not; and yes, religion is to blame. Reciting scripture to withhold equal rights and prohibit same-sex marriage is unconstitutional and no longer acceptable in our society ..
.. SCOTUS must overturn DOMA or the protests of gays and lesbians will reverberate throughout America ..
The rationale was to declare gay marriage to be a state's rights issue and not one for the federal government.

Per the tenth amendment of the Constitution;
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

DOMA leaves gay marriage to be entirely an issue for each individual state to decide for itself.

It was decided the federal government would not recognize gay marriage, nor would it forbid any state from doing such, nor would it require any state to do such.

The idea behind it was to allow each state the freedom to recognize gay marriage within that state if so desired without requiring any other state to recognize said marriages against its wishes.

Where do we go from here?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#510546 Mar 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you worry.
DOMA will be declared to be unconstitutional (as it clearly is).
It will be buried, along with anti-miscegenation laws, in the dustbin of history.
Doesn't DOMA actually follow and protect the tenth amendment?

Why is it unconstitutional?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#510547 Mar 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was me.....Sliding on that "Slip and Slide" full of Mud....
LOL
Love ya Friend....Have a BLESSED day
LOL
((((Epiphany))))
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#510548 Mar 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree....

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#510549 Mar 27, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Driving a truck says nothing in regards to what I've learned. I was studying college material in Junior-High school, that I got from the public library, so...
Regardless. I hope my point was understood.
That I am more qualified to address the history, archeology and anthropology matters on this thread than most ?

Agreed.

Fremont, CA

#510550 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The rationale was to declare gay marriage to be a state's rights issue and not one for the federal government.
Per the tenth amendment of the Constitution;
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
DOMA leaves gay marriage to be entirely an issue for each individual state to decide for itself.
It was decided the federal government would not recognize gay marriage, nor would it forbid any state from doing such, nor would it require any state to do such.
The idea behind it was to allow each state the freedom to recognize gay marriage within that state if so desired without requiring any other state to recognize said marriages against its wishes.
Where do we go from here?
Wrong.

I don't have time to educate you on this.

But you are totally wrong.

You are often wrong, but you are not dishonest. Look it up, do some research, and you will see how wrong you are.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#510551 Mar 27, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought so too, but see River mentioned having also spoken with a nice lady named Norcal last night? So... I was to believe he was a guy.
Was going over your post... but had to stop.
“Then He came the third time and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? It is enough!" (Mark 14:41a)
* Being awake is a watcher's duty... it is worth every waking hour.
Much was hard to keep up with in that time with Jesus...
Annie J once left this, as I passed it on 2 U today when seeing you and Epi [and AJ] happy in your puddle. You might have seen it, but it's priceless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PN-MjUC4f9kXX
Take Care HFN, and much Love.
God Bless all ways.
It may not be the one they were talking about. He is the only one I know about.

I’m not sure what you mean when you say you had to stop going over my post Sister. Maybe that you should not go to sleep while on duty. I agree that keeping watch is a watchers duty. But humans fail.
HFN

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#510552 Mar 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I came for reasons too AnnieJ; and have ended up writing stuff that I wish I hadn't, but at the end of the day, it was me thinking the thoughts and putting them in writing.
Topix brought out that in myself which I am ashamed of, and try harder each day as further comprehension sets in, too be a better person than I was yesterday.
There won't be as much time as I am used to after Easter, as I will be putting myself into seclusion a few nights a week to get my work done. It would indeed be grand to come in here and read postings of the old days, but today has entered into yesterday and things won't ever be the same; wishful thinking won't bring it back.
Happy Easter to all, it is Thursday down here, and time for me to get ready for work; Serah
mmmmmmmmmmmm
G'Day Sister Friend... sounds like you have a full program in operation there. I wish you well God's sppeed.

Topix has brought the world home to me where I couldn't go to it. Taught me lots of new words... right or wrong in the English language! In many cases like...
“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
Alan Greenspan

Some of you have wandered many cyber back streets in this place where I haven't been... and do not plan to. I have more than enough on-going work for the next thousand years.

Take Care of yourself and Prince Puggy... it has been good sharing with you. Will miss you. But don't know either how much time even I have in here.

I was wondering if you were OK... Thank you for your honor within your family membership.

The Gift of Family
Some people are born into wonderful families.
Others have to find or create them.
Being a member of a family is a priceless membership
that we pay nothing for but love.
Jim Stovall

Blessings filled with ~~(((*_*)) hugs til we meet again.xx
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#510553 Mar 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This shows that many, many more people are killed by guns than by knives.
Why not read before posting it?
I did read it and understood. It was late and I failed to explain. But then since you read I figured you would see the title Murder Victims by Weapons. It did not say Comparing Murders by Guns to Knives.

It that doesn’t suit your fancy, fire me. LOL

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#510554 Mar 27, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello PW..
Morning smiles to U2 P23.
How have you been after being back?

Fremont, CA

#510555 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't DOMA actually follow and protect the tenth amendment?
Why is it unconstitutional?
OK, I'll give you one lesson. There are many others.

Under DOMA, a homosexual couple who are legally married (in a state where gay marriage is recognized), is deprived of benefits which, under federal law, a heterosexual married couple will receive.

Nothing to do with the tenth amendment. Nothing that leaves anything to the states. Quite the contrary.

DOMA is unconstitutional, and the Supreme Court will so hold.

You heard it from Catcher; you can put your money on it.

Location hidden

#510556 Mar 27, 2013
Proverbs 8: 22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#510557 Mar 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
@EPI and HFN
Big Mud Puddles and Sunny Yellow Dandelions
Author Unknown
When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard.
My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.
When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away.
My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.
When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen.
My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.
When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.
My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.
When I pray, I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that.
My kids say, "Hi God! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."
When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and dirty carpets.
My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross, and worms to play with.
I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from? No wonder God loves the little children! Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
I like that Annie. Thank you for taking the time to find and post it.

I think kids and us teach eachother.

When I think back when I was a kid. I do see what was probably little things to others were big things to me.:)

Location hidden

#510558 Mar 27, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning smiles to U2 P23.
How have you been after being back?
Hey, PW..

Not sure what ya mean,''after being back''?

Give me some more intel on that plz? grinn
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#510559 Mar 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
For anyone interested...
Jesus and the Mud Puddle
http://morningstoryanddilbert.wordpress.com/2...
That was lovly Annie. Thank you again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Lonestar 63,729
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min onemale 281,857
Gift Suggestion for a God Daughter? (Mar '15) 50 min EstherMoore 2
herbal incense and legal buds for sale (Aug '11) 1 hr lee 10
Mencari teman seks wanita yang gersang (Sep '15) 1 hr eyem 20
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Steve III 653,905
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,576
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr lightbeamrider 106,495
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Gabriel 973,749
More from around the web