Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#510218 Mar 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep singing your name to lion king song tune, it's stuck in my head!!
macumazahn, macumazahn, macumazahn, macumazahn.
In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
In the jungle the quiet jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
Catcher said it's not! He said a torch was something else.
Well, stoppit!

"Macumazahn" is actually a Zulu word.

(It's a literary reference.)

It was the nickname of one of H. Rider Haggard's friends in, I think, Natal. Means "Watcher-by-night".

Haggard was the author of "King Solomon's Mines", and a bunch of other Victorian-era adventure stories.
I loved them as a kid.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#510219 Mar 26, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
God, of course, explains to you each time he either decides to heal or not to heal, or is that just an assumption because God sometimes doesn't answer prayers or do what one might expect?
I can assure you that the denomination that I was brought up in is as much Christian and teaching what churches are told to teach as all others. In fact it is a (probably the) leading church in Canada.
However, since I no longer believe in the main reasons that churches exist, that is rather irrelevant to me at this moment. My mother, though, is still extremely active in that church, and her sister, who is a year younger, is a retired ordained minister of the same denomination, and is also extremely active in the church she attends. Currently my two oldest sisters are also active in their congregations. I was likely the one who was most active in a church for the longest time of all of my parents' 7 living children, but I am not aware that the four youngest attend church at all. They, of course, do go with my mother when they are visiting her, because that is what one does in our family.
There is one prominent city congregation in my denomination that has now taken God and the Bible out of their program entirely and the minister, who has not lost her right to preach, so far, is leading basically a humanist type of program. She is involved with many ministers in an organization also who work together to involve clergy from many faiths, and others who want to do the work of helping others but outside the cover of religion.
There is no such thing as a "church" that has taken God and his Word out of his church, that is all funny, ignorant and pathetic at the same time, the truest definition of church in all of it's reality is a spiritual body of baptized believers IN the Lord Jesus Christ, to take Christ out of THE CHURCH is the same as taking a engine out of your car and expect it to work.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#510220 Mar 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
I like your examples. I just imagined the dominoes pizza writing "Adam and Eve existed" on the inside of their pizza boxes.
Thanks.

Yeah, Cheese's Crust will arrive in thirty centuries or less, or your salivation is absolutely free.

Welcome to the thread.

The Borderland of Sol

#510221 Mar 26, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Your avatar picture looks like an awfully sad lonely little girl, like she has no place to go.
*helpless laughter*

That's not a little girl, you halfwit.

That's a friggin' weapons system.

The Borderland of Sol

#510222 Mar 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know. I read English erotica sometimes.
Knickers, snogging...etc
Brolly, telly, bollocks...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#510223 Mar 26, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning >>>Lawest<<<
G'Day >>>LuLu<<<
have a peace filled evening/day!
Morning / Evening ((((( IRRIRA )))).

The Borderland of Sol

#510224 Mar 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll throw punches randomly as well until something makes sense.
Hmm. Would you settle for "clarity"?

The Borderland of Sol

#510225 Mar 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
A'course we be takin' a few liberties there and here, but it all be the same tongue, a'that I can assure.
Erm...

No.

Sorry.

The Borderland of Sol

#510226 Mar 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
HL uses scarves and ties. Duct tape?
OK. Will we need a safe word?
Safe words are for sissies.

Or so I'm told.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#510227 Mar 26, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Just remember, God is not mocked.
People are mocked.

One can't mock that which does not exist.

The Borderland of Sol

#510228 Mar 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only speak for myself! Yes, u can! Unless it's ferrero rocher, then u can't!! They're mine, all mine, my precious!!!
*whisper*

*Cadbury*

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#510229 Mar 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Its not sound science, its pseudo-science. Your beliefs are based on pseudo-science.
Maybe, but I'm still waiting for the consensus of the rodeo clowns and crack whores. If they're divided, the Christian vote will definitely be the tie breaker among the groups with no say in the matter.
trifecta1 wrote:
I really do not care what "secularists" accept.
Good choice. That will probably make things easier on you in the long run. You wouldn't like much of it if you did.
trifecta1 wrote:
Why do you confuse discussions for caring??
If you did not care what theists had to say, you would not be here arguing with us everyday Dimwit. duuuhhhhh.
Seriously? Immediately after commenting about confusing discussion with caring you post this? Didn't it occur to you as you were posting "duh" after a pair of comments like that that you might appear to be a little slow yourself?

Obviously not.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#510230 Mar 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, stoppit!
It was the nickname of one of H. Rider Haggard's friends in, I think, Natal. Means "Watcher-by-night".
Haggard was the author of "King Solomon's Mines", and a bunch of other Victorian-era adventure stories.
I loved them as a kid.
I was captivated by the stories of Emilio Salgari, The Tigers of Malaysia, Sandokan. Very exotic, swashbuckling drama.

The Borderland of Sol

#510231 Mar 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
a good slap normally sorts men's wandering eyes!! U wanna try?:-)
A solid knee in the nadgers works for more than eyes.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#510232 Mar 26, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>"Living this thing" was just an expression than anything, I've heard other believers use this expression has used within a gospel message being given and had no problem at all, so don't take it and run away with it please or make anything more out of it as I've explained it.
You asked was our former overseer a "guarded man", he was a man who went through a whole lot in his life for the gospel's sake, the link below tells just a little of what he went through and how God brought him out and gave him the victory, and to answer your question my friend, we are all guard against the attacks of the enemy who tries to gain a foothold in our lives, and anyone whom names the name of Christ and doesn't have issues in their lives from the enemy..........then obviously he is satisfied that he has that person deceived into believing that he / she has something in God that they really do not. Hope you are having a Blessed day my friend.
http://thechurchin.org/bishophunter.aspx
Ephesians 6:11-17
1 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand . 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
That's really cool thank you >>>Lawest<<<
Now I can visualize. But sorry, it must be a USA 'thing' to refer as such, but thank you for explaining just an expression also. Language - even some little things - can sometimes create a question as to where one is coming from. especially expressions!
But I run no-where so you have no problems there either.

I ask if I don't know, and wait patiently until there is an answer.
So I appreciate that.

I am a slow reader of material, so it will take time for me to go thru... but this is one instance where even the internet can help - bring it home - instead of having to go there. First glance sure reminds me of ' my Father's '.

I asked was your former overseer a 'guarded man'- because I have been there - and therefore understand fully. I am aware of far more than I can also speak. Thus my little book... It is so true how things can be twisted right out of context - and I'm still paying for that - but still have no fear, due to it being the truth. I chose to follow Jesus from a very very young age, and the rest is history, except what is written! By this - Ephesians 6:11-17 - have I walked... and still do... and thus have my story also.

Thank you again for sharing.
Give me time to go thu the link.
What a presence...

I am having a Blessed day brother, and you also finish your's with the same Peace that passes all understanding.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#510233 Mar 26, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning / Evening ((((( IRRIRA )))).
Ooops!
You want me to say it again?
Evening >>>Lawest<<<

The Borderland of Sol

#510234 Mar 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was captivated by the stories of Emilio Salgari, The Tigers of Malaysia, Sandokan. Very exotic, swashbuckling drama.
I'll be dipped in doo-doo.

I missed him completely!
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#510235 Mar 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
same to u!!:-)
:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#510236 Mar 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
I loved them as a kid.
:'-(

Sorry, Mr macumazahn!!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#510237 Mar 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
I loved them as a kid.
Inkululeko, ukuthula uthando Mac...
I see you my Brother!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Justise League 855,364
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 5 min Doctor REALITY 35
REAL Music !!! Part IV !! 22 min Doctor REALITY 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min marge 596,502
REALITY: Tiger Woods is a SICK TRICK! 25 min Doctor REALITY 4
Laura Escobedo-Corneal Transplant Fund-Please D... 28 min The Boxing Glove 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 28 min WasteWater 6,153
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr An NFL Fan 177,211
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr HipGnosis 1,032
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
More from around the web