“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#509663 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a terrible way to exist. I wonder how many posters here barely even get out of the house...
I wonder how many prefer things like online poker instead of real poker...
It's pathetic.
pathetic and pathological. because there is no way a person can be mentally healthy with having so limited interaction with people.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#509664 Mar 25, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Annie I just had a thought. Maybe we should all put lampshades on and dance in the mud puddle. It would be hard to gripe and not laugh seeing all of us doing that. We might even find out we like each other if not a lot at least a little. We could continue to get to know each other after the people who have on white coats lock us all up in the padded cell. But I have a feeling we would be laughing too much to care where we were.
My imagination is running away with me here. LOL
I just scrolled back and found this!

Yep...and if we started arguing like we do here...they certainly would lock us up.

I think for the most part...if we didn't talk to each other...we would like each other a lot!

Maybe...

LOL

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#509665 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that the many who find God in prison are faking it. They're liars.
The proof is in their actions. They get all "godly" while in prison - swear to do what's right when they get out - then go right back to their bad habits and evil ways after release.
I see no logical reason for life sentences. If their crime is so bad that society says they must never be released from prison, what's the point in keeping them alive?
And when we do, why the hell are we giving these criminals coffee, cable TV & Internet access?!?!?
If you kill someone, he's dead.

He no longer feels anything.

You can no longer punish him. He can't suffer.

I would think you wouldn't like that.

With your attitude, it would seem torture is the answer. Why not go back to the practice of the Middle Ages (by your religion even!!) of using horrible torture devices, make people suffer and then die an agonizing death?

Isn't that the Redneck way?

And you get the added benefit of sadistic enjoyment, the bloodthirst I referred to earlier.

Go god! Go Jesus! Go RiversideRedneck!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#509666 Mar 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings, Had to edit most of your post again for space, sorry if you don't find my response to your post Christian enough, but God knows the heart and that is ALL that I am truly concerned with as he is the ultimate judge of all, also if I understood your post correctly you referred to yourself as a "long term Christian", I find this interesting in as much as you have indicated that my responses to the statements of others as being a "cop-out" because I may base my answers and feelings toward some matters from a Word-spiritual basis is struck me as odd to say the least coming from someone professing themselves as a believer in Christ.
I saw your post to me last night but chose to read on ahead in stead and saw you responding to a woman who attacks others for their friendships to those whom she does not like or care for and you agreeing with her that those of us who name the name of Christ tend to be the most hateful posters on this thread, even in the face of some of the most vile and hateful atheist and agnostics posting here, I do not mean to sound critical or judgemental of you but that in it's self says much to me concerning you, and I thought Skombolis did a very good job of calling you out on it. But to cap off this part of the conversation, this is a thread where many of us post Bible scripture to cap off a point(s) that we are making as this is a Christian based thread ( although at times it may not seem like it ) and that is not going to change, no true believer IN Christ is going to be offended at the quoting or reading of his Word.
Peace.
I for long time was a believing, practicing Christian, and took Christianity very seriously. I have changed my mind in recent years, based, I guess, on learning more about the origin of religions and Christianity, in particular, and realizing much of what we were taught is known now to be untrue, and none of what we have been taught is proved to be true, though we have not proved the rest false either.

That the Bible is not 100% the inerrant Word of God has been established. That along with no evidence of any God ever having been verified, and various other aspects of how all religions came and went, makes me fairly confident that Christianity, like all its predecessors, is 100% man-made.

There is some good in some of the Christian teachings, but IMO there is no truth in a deity or Jesus being some supernatural being, nor even that Jesus even existed, though I see no reason to not believe that someone must have existed around which the stories where developed, but that person would have been 100% human with no supernatural abilities.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#509667 Mar 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>pathetic and pathological. because there is no way a person can be mentally healthy with having so limited interaction with people.
I agree but they wouldn't.

They call this type of communication "social"...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#509668 Mar 25, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!!
Sorry, I don't drink!!
okay then we'll keep it organic and just smoke some grass;)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#509669 Mar 25, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
An early good morning again >>>Lawest<<<
That we do... cap-off...
Therefore I can say, there is nothing that can come between...
The reason I have no fear of what is history to me... called the devil.
I don't know how more this can be worded in plain English for a Christian to understand so fully, unless they can identify... as witness to their lives.
I trust you can my Friend... it is worth the sharing.
It's too early for the sun yet, but it is going to be a nice day. Trust you are safe with those freak weather patterns so many are experiencing, and enjoying you R and R. Tis tues here.
God Bless
Hello and good early morning ( where you are ) Irrira, still monday here where I am, and it is still cold, doesn't feel like spring at all right now, but no fret as it is still right around the corner.

I do understand everything that you have said, because I live this thing, and again I say as the Bible says and am a witness to this truth..........that the adversary will never completely stop trying to come at us in many different ways, when he fails in one approach then he comes back at us in another, this is not fear to acknowledge that but rather a spiritual reality that I'm sure that every true believer IN Christ can acknowledge and testify to, But God has already handed us the victory over the enemy through his Holy child Jesus Christ, and we must take on Christ upon ourselves to make our calling an election sure, and to be watchful and pray always.

Peace and Blessings to you sister.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#509670 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"we talk to people here far more than we probably do in offline life"
Seriously?
I was referring more to the long type conversations RR.

I think it also depends on whether you work at home...if you are single...have kids.

I sometimes but not often have these types long conversations as I might here.

Think about some of the conversations (written) that you have had with some. I know that you post on other threads as well as this one. Add up all the time that you spend writing and reading...

I personally think that we talk (write and read) about a lot of things here in this setting that we might not normally talk about in offline life.

Figure how much time per day that you spend on Topix alone...then compare that to the time that you spend talking to people out in the world...(not family that lives with you)...see how they compare.

Most young people either chat over the internet, text, IM, e-mail...

If you have a job working with the public...calling on customers...maybe it doesn't apply to you. Those are usually short conversations and most often deal with work and not general conversations.

I don't know...this is just what I see.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#509671 Mar 25, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
i just knew someone would say that!
Yes Lesbo, I will go out for a drink of water with u!! It'll be my pleasure! ;-)
again, only if i get to come with my wax kit. i might even give you ladies a discount cuz we're kinda friends:)

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#509672 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Read:
"Why Doesn't God Just Fix Everything?"
(It's made for teens so it should be at your reading level.)
http://christianteens.about.com/od/becomingac...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

(It's made for teens so it should be at your reading level.)
I find that offensive.
Clementia

Barrow, UK

#509673 Mar 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Jewish.
I'm Skittish.
I loooooove skittles!!!:-X

Do u get them in America?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#509674 Mar 25, 2013
It depends on you HL. The triumph of the will. Every human is resposible for his own fate. If you show a goodwill and believe in god and in Jesus Christ as you believe in yourself and say amen and make daily prayers then you will be healed.

Location hidden

#509675 Mar 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you kill someone, he's dead.
He no longer feels anything.
You can no longer punish him. He can't suffer.
I would think you wouldn't like that.
With your attitude, it would seem torture is the answer. Why not go back to the practice of the Middle Ages (by your religion even!!) of using horrible torture devices, make people suffer and then die an agonizing death?
Isn't that the Redneck way?
And you get the added benefit of sadistic enjoyment, the bloodthirst I referred to earlier.
Go god! Go Jesus! Go RiversideRedneck!
I said nothing about torture, Pastor.

Nothing.

That's what you're now bringing to the table.

And you accuse me of it?

O_o

Besides, to a criminal - prison life ain't so bad. That's why they keep committing crimes, they're not afraid of jail.

What kind of punishment is sending someone to a place they kinda enjoy?

Location hidden

#509676 Mar 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I find that offensive.
And all this time I thought you were the unoffendable types...
Clementia

Barrow, UK

#509677 Mar 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<< sliding glass of water towards Clem >>
.. here you go, mixed it myself, two parts H, one part O. Trust me, it will quench your thirst ..
<< adding roofy to water >>
Oh look, there's a flying goose!

*swaps glasses*

Or maybe not!! Enjoy your drink!:-D
Clementia

Barrow, UK

#509678 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait...
When two girls go on a date, who pays??
The Dutch guy?

Location hidden

#509679 Mar 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring more to the long type conversations RR.
I think it also depends on whether you work at home...if you are single...have kids.
I sometimes but not often have these types long conversations as I might here.
Think about some of the conversations (written) that you have had with some. I know that you post on other threads as well as this one. Add up all the time that you spend writing and reading...
I personally think that we talk (write and read) about a lot of things here in this setting that we might not normally talk about in offline life.
Figure how much time per day that you spend on Topix alone...then compare that to the time that you spend talking to people out in the world...(not family that lives with you)...see how they compare.
Most young people either chat over the internet, text, IM, e-mail...
If you have a job working with the public...calling on customers...maybe it doesn't apply to you. Those are usually short conversations and most often deal with work and not general conversations.
I don't know...this is just what I see.
I understand what you're saying & I don't wholly disagree. I guess what I disagree with is people that do spend more time typing or tapping than they do actually talking with people.

And I know that a lot if kids today communicate "socially" like this. I think that's absurd. I totally disagree with it.

Whatever time it takes to have a conversation online, even a tiny one, takes 100 times longer than actually talking.

I find this sort of communication to be completely anti-social. I have pity for my kid's generation.

Location hidden

#509680 Mar 25, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I loooooove skittles!!!:-X
Do u get them in America?
Skittles are made in America, darlin.....

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#509681 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but they wouldn't.
They call this type of communication "social"...
That usually short for "social media". Because this billboard is not a [social life]. So it all feed into the pathology to me if someone really think they have a social life because talk to more people here than in they offline life, and discuss issues on the billboard, lol.
Clementia

Barrow, UK

#509682 Mar 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
okay then we'll keep it organic and just smoke some grass;)
I don't smoke either, not even grass!:-p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min RADEKT 259,729
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ChristineM 740,319
I think I was raped while passed out!! 25 min Truth 13
Christians Are Afraid To Speak Out Against Sin 29 min Witness 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 34 min tarek 895
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 43 min Edthirty 3,148
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min ChristineM 227,897
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr hojo 543,118
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lost In Transition 173,858

Top Stories People Search