“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#509383 Mar 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. I always have. Until then I'll keep fighting as subtlety or as violently as the situation demands.
Never underestimate.
Underestimate you?

Never!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#509384 Mar 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never had a child. Do you have children, Skom?
I look at these dead people and I think. How selfless they were to give their bodies to further science. They will be cut open on Tuesday. Some dumbass medical students will hack them to pieces knowing nothing about them.
It makes me sad.
I am glad I checked back

No I have no children. Although I do have two God-children which is really just my youngest niece and my my nephew who is four. While I have almost zero of the responsibility I do love them something fierce

I agree, it is a very selfless thing to do. Same with organ donors who die

I look at it like this. And I know different cultures and different religion and different groups all have their own perspective on the body but to me it is basically the packaging.

Not to minimize it in any way and in some cases I can't imagine the heartbreak such as identifying a dead child at the coroners office or something like that and I know how important open caskets can be to some at funerals so I understand the body is what we connect with as human beings and recognize as our loved ones. But to me the energy or soul or spirit or essence or simply the life that resided in it, however someone views it, has left the body it just becomes lie an empty suitcase. The real important stuff is already gone

There is a type of sea crab that lives in a shell and when it gets bigger it leaves its old shell behind and finds a new, bigger one to live in. It has no sentimental attachment to the old shell as it simply housed the crab

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you feel about the bodies that were once people just getting cut up like they were nothing as far as the seemingly indifference to life and it can be unsettling. I remember not long ago reading about two bodies found dead in an abandoned drug house that had been there for months that someone simply threw an old mattress over and left there to decompose. Nobody cared who they were. Maybe nobody was even looking for them. They were not identified. and I thought to myself "wow, life just means nothing to some people where you would cover up people the same way someone might garbage"

But in the cases of cadavers for science I feel like it is an amazing thing that even in death this person, whoever they were, is still giving back. From their death they are giving us the chance to use what used to house their essence so maybe down the line we can save lives

I think it is pretty cool. But I admit, it would be very hard not to wonder the back-story of each body just being tore up. Were they loved? Were they missed? Were they good people? Does anybody appreciate the gift they just gave?

It is tough stuff my friend

I am not gonna get into the whole higher power thing but i will just say life doesn't give us all the answers we want. But it is very human to still ask the questions

(T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#509385 Mar 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your whining. You weren't innocent. You're a criminal. Prisons were built for criminals like you. You belong there. You've obviously learned nothing about taking responsibility for your actions.
We know Skom was incarcerated for a period.
Please tell us what he was imprisoned for and how you know this.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#509386 Mar 25, 2013
Haven't done this for awhile :)

<quoted text>
Monday March 25 2013
The Treasure Within You

Jer 1-3, Matt 27:1-10, Ps 55:1-11, Pr 8:17-18

'We have this treasure in earthen vessels...' 2 Corinthians 4:7

God has given you talents and He wants you to use them. They may lie dormant under layers of failure, fear or low self-esteem. You may be aware of them, yet not know how to put them to work. Maybe you've been going from relationship to relationship hoping to find someone who will acknowledge what's within you and draw it out. If so, read this:'But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.' Only the God who placed your talents within you knows where they're hidden and how to release them. Delayed destiny is the devil's delight. By not allowing God to develop your talents you play into satan's hands, living far below your potential. The fact is; you have so much treasure buried within you that the enemy is out to steal it. You never have to wonder about satan's motives. Jesus said he comes '...to steal, kill and destroy...'(John 10:10) You don't try to rob somebody unless they have something worth taking, right? Your talents may be raw and undeveloped, or buried under years of self-doubt, unconfessed sin, bad habits, regret and despair. But God can take something that looks like nothing, and create something wonderful with it. Just think: He made the Earth from nothing-so imagine what He can do when He has something to start with! Today pray,'Father, help me to recognise and maximise the talents You have placed within me, and use them for Your glory.' That's a prayer God will answer!
<quoted text>
Bob and Debby Gass.
**********
So true, Blessings <3

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#509387 Mar 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you drink, and most likely drive at times while you're intoxicated, you may one day get a little perspective on the subject.
The typical response to that is:
"It ain't a crime unless you get caught and convicted."
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#509388 Mar 25, 2013
Jesus Christ is on your side Skombolis. Keep up your great work.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#509389 Mar 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr Dementia is going to have a wet dream when he gets to her posts! He already is making every post about me even when there is no possible connection. He is going to be slobbering on her!
I can hear him now:
"Oh LeLe, say more bad stuff about Dim. Where did i put my Viagra. No not for you, I use it by myself. Plus there won't be ladies in heaven that sounds boring to me. I am a lady's man in my mind where i also still practice medicine! Say more stuff about Dim"
~snicker
wow..
You stayed up all night in a frenzie it seems..
You and Juicylu/Lupylu just couldn't get enough??

Lele doesn't have to say any "bad stuff" about you Skom.
Your words are all written here in black and white.. they
speak for themselves..

Not sure why you would be "snickering"..
You look like a mess. just as myself and IANS said..

Get some rest..you have earned it..you put in a hard nights work.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#509390 Mar 25, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
If I wrote this LeLe would accuse me of being prejudiced against messy people.
I have no problem w messy people Juicylu/Lupylu.
My problem is with you labeling people with mental
disorders when you have not a clue who they are or
if they do indeed need medication.

You mock this fact and think you are being funny -
all the while trying so desperatly to think yourself
somehow better than anyone else..

You didn't have much to offer to Skom's ridiculouness last
night..huh?
You are just his wingman it seems??

lol.
Pathetic.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#509391 Mar 25, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
wow..
You stayed up all night in a frenzie it seems..
You and Juicylu/Lupylu just couldn't get enough??
Lele doesn't have to say any "bad stuff" about you Skom.
Your words are all written here in black and white.. they
speak for themselves..
Not sure why you would be "snickering"..
You look like a mess. just as myself and IANS said..
Get some rest..you have earned it..you put in a hard nights work.
You are discriminating against messy people. I've volunteered to help messy people in the past and they suffer a great deal having to wade through their mess all day long, it's very upsetting for them, being a mess all the time. How can you be so insensitive and cruel. You should be ashamed of yourself thinking you are so perfect and coming here looking down your warty nose on everyone. I told you, I'm not into women, stop obsessing over me, find someone who will be interested in you.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#509392 Mar 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's perfectly fine.
By the way, tape as a recording and storage medium is pretty much a thing of the past now, like film and vinyl.
You are quite uninformed.

While anachronistic, all those media are still being produced and used and in many industries the preffered media.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#509393 Mar 25, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
If I wrote that LeLe would accuse me of discriminating against dyslexics and of inventing my imaginary children.
I thought she already had ?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#509394 Mar 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
*M_O_R_N_I_N_G*
”Peace means far more than the opposite of war!”
~ Fred Rogers
Thought for the day
Hey Epi...my "peace" to you...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#509395 Mar 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Skom was incarcerated for a period.
Please tell us what he was imprisoned for and how you know this.
It's on the thread.
Who knows if it's even true.

He admits to it.. but who can really tell?

If it is true..He has alot of nerve being as pompus
as he is..
You would think humility would follow incarceration??

Then claim Jesus as your savior..and still be a pompus son
of a gun??

It doesn't add up for me...
Doesn't need to..really.

I am in awe of what a righteous man this Skom is in his own mind..

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#509396 Mar 25, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem w messy people Juicylu/Lupylu.
My problem is with you labeling people with mental
disorders when you have not a clue who they are or
if they do indeed need medication.
You mock this fact and think you are being funny -
all the while trying so desperatly to think yourself
somehow better than anyone else..
You didn't have much to offer to Skom's ridiculouness last
night..huh?
You are just his wingman it seems??
lol.
Pathetic.
You clearly do have a problem with messy people, one only needs to read your discriminatory and bigoted post to Skom to see that.
Teddy labels Skom so where is his self righteous lecture. You mock me and many others constantly, even in this post accusing me of mocking people whilst mocking me after a post mocking Skom you little hypocritical mocking bird.
You have no clue who I am but it doesn't seem to stop you accusing me of cyber sex and inventing imaginary children and accusing me of being a neglectful mother to my imaginary invented children and accusing me of not living in Australia just because you're really really dumb.
Was i supposed to offer something to Skom's 'ridiculousness' as you mockingly call it? If so, can you enlighten me?
What's a wingman? Do I need a penis for that? Because I don't have one. Yes, I'm well aware of how pathetic you are, you don't have to keep stressing the point, you shouldn't mock yourself like that, it's not healthy.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#509397 Mar 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can invent imaginary children?
Can I have one?
Tam! Have you misplaced our imaginary child again ?

You are such a forgetful imaginary mom!

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#509398 Mar 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought she already had ?
Well yeah! She has now that I come to think of it! I meant she will again.

Hi sweetie, have a good day at work <kisses but no morning nookie, we're not married and LeLe will lecture us>

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#509399 Mar 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tam! Have you misplaced our imaginary child again ?
You are such a forgetful imaginary mom!
You had an imaginary child with a teenage lesbian?!?!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#509400 Mar 25, 2013
Oh, the wasted energy.

Off to the gym..

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#509401 Mar 25, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly do have a problem with messy people, one only needs to read your discriminatory and bigoted post to Skom to see that.
Teddy labels Skom so where is his self righteous lecture. You mock me and many others constantly, even in this post accusing me of mocking people whilst mocking me after a post mocking Skom you little hypocritical mocking bird.
You have no clue who I am but it doesn't seem to stop you accusing me of cyber sex and inventing imaginary children and accusing me of being a neglectful mother to my imaginary invented children and accusing me of not living in Australia just because you're really really dumb.
Was i supposed to offer something to Skom's 'ridiculousness' as you mockingly call it? If so, can you enlighten me?
What's a wingman? Do I need a penis for that? Because I don't have one. Yes, I'm well aware of how pathetic you are, you don't have to keep stressing the point, you shouldn't mock yourself like that, it's not healthy.
-you talked about me all night and now two posts from you??
oh man..

I agree with one of the posters who sent me a tmail stating you are
an attention wh*or e and an emotional vampire.
I have gotten a few tmails regarding you..not sure why people
are afraid to stand up to you in the open..
I am not..

Why don't you check yourself and reread your own posts.
Your manic history is here on topix, all in black and white..

Honey..you don't need a penis to be a d*ck.
Not sure why you think you can accuse others and when it is
done to you- you cry foul?

Have a great day..night.. you also have put in a hard days night on topix..
lol.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#509402 Mar 25, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on the thread.
Who knows if it's even true.
He admits to it.. but who can really tell?
If it is true..He has alot of nerve being as pompus
as he is..
You would think humility would follow incarceration??
Then claim Jesus as your savior..and still be a pompus son
of a gun??
It doesn't add up for me...
Doesn't need to..really.
I am in awe of what a righteous man this Skom is in his own mind..
It would depend on what he was incarcerated for.
I know people who went to prison for trying to stop the Vietnam War, people who got life sentences for posession of a single marijuana cigarette, etc.

Now, when he discloses what his offense was then I will consider yours and others opinions of him based on it.
Until then all such comments regarding his incarceration are just hateful and baseless lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min joe 559,170
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hukt on Fonix 774,406
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 34 min foothillbilly 441,760
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 40 min Lyndi 175,582
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min Dr_Zorderz 265,029
Gay snapchat names 1 hr passivegay 145
SMOKING: One of the dumbest - deadliest human h... 1 hr Yeah Me 2 37
More from around the web