Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#509446 Mar 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@Riverside......statistically speaking it is basically a fact that innocent people have been and will continue to be killed under the death penalty.And I understand say if someone were to come to you and ask if you think some guy who murdered an innocent should be killed you would say say. But what if the question was "Do you want us to kill him knowing the process we do it by will ensure innocent people will be killed as well"? Then how do you answer? And if someone that kills innocent people deserved to die then how can you support a process that kills innocent people? There will never be a standard of proof high enough to ensure innocents arent killed in this process and we already supposedly use an extra high standard in Captital Death Penalty cases and look how many people are still innocent. Half in some cases. Before we can even get to the morality or justice aspect, how can we as a society rationalize killing innocent people to punish people for killing innocent people?
Wow! Skom!

Wow!!!

Well said!

Some stable somewhere

#509447 Mar 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding was talking about suicide, Kaitlin. For those who haven't considered it, it probably sounds completely alien. For those of us who do consider it, it's always in the back of our mind.
Only until the bullet disintegrates the back part, red misting the mirror.

Colorful poetry ever after.

Some stable somewhere

#509448 Mar 25, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
The first created human was ADAM; you dork. But the souls were created before the human bodies.
So how's Steve doing, Adam?

You guys can get married now in, what, 8 states? And Canada! Where pot is decriminalized!

Nice work, dude.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#509449 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Mark 16 ended at verse 8. The later verses were added for medieval minds......
The Bible isn't the Word of God ?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#509451 Mar 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Dim forgot to call you a liar based on his mangled understanding of your words.
.. it's difficult to admit that the other person has a problem ..

Some stable somewhere

#509452 Mar 25, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be what you believe HFY. I believe is entirely different. I’m sure you have had all this explained to you before but have used it to gripe. You can blame others, God, whatever for your woes and leave yourself free from any blame if you want. I can believe in my Lord and savior. And guess what? The world is still turning.
Have a good day,
HYN
HYN, I honestly don't blame anyone but myself for my life. I most certainly do not blame your deity - sorry, for me, your deity does not exist.

Isn't your name "HFN"?

I apologize, but I cannot seriously imagine a more ridiculous stance than blaming some deity for my life's choices, genetics, upbringing. I know better - I know what I could be doing instead of, say, writing on Topix, but I don't do it.

It's not your fault, it's not your deity's fault, whichever one your believe in. It's not my parent's fault - they would never, never understanding wasting time here - the fault is solely my own.

Thanks for being a soundboard :)

I'll get back to dishwashing momentarily. Just have to check on the SO.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#509453 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it with you people and your assumptions?
Do they make you feel more secure or something?
I'll have you know that I never, EVER, drive after drinking.
Get that through your thick, arrogant skull.
At some point in my drinking I realized that I was out of control; so I quit driving.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#509454 Mar 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
HL said if other people besides Shrink said she defended you that she would apologize to me because self-improvement was so important to her and she wanted me to see that for myself.
Dear Skom:

I apologize for everything I've ever posted to you.

Sincerely, HL

Some stable somewhere

#509455 Mar 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I was suicidal during one day in 1998, and had three guns in my home, but though I was seriously planning to end my life that day, using a gun was never an option I considered. Kind of messy for the wife to come home to, I guess, though likely that was not a major concern at that time. It for some reason was just not a way that came to mind.
Who said you have to kill yourself at home?

You don't think I considered that, as well?

Some stable somewhere

#509456 Mar 25, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Food for thought ...
Good post.
Thanks, Hick-up.

:)
Adam

Germany

#509458 Mar 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So how's Steve doing, Adam?
You guys can get married now in, what, 8 states? And Canada! Where pot is decriminalized!
Nice work, dude.
I don´t know who you are talking about. Maybe he died for hiS sin?
Do you want to be next?
Adam

Germany

#509459 Mar 25, 2013
Taken from the testament of Salomon

27. I Solomon said unto him: "Beelzeboul, what is thy employment?" And he answered me: "I destroy kings.35 I ally myself with foreign tyrants. And my own demons I set on36 to men, in order that the latter may believe in them and be lost. And the chosen servants of God, priests and faithful men, I excite unto desires for wicked sins, and evil heresies, and lawless deeds; and they obey me, and I bear them on to destruction. And I inspire men with envy, and [desire for] murder, and for wars and sodomy, and other evil things. And I will destroy the world.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#509460 Mar 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how easily it is for you to see that Skom owes IANS an apology!
How clear it is to you, how unclear it is to believers! Because it's ok for a believer to call an atheist a liar in the same way it was ok to make gay jokes in the 80's, for Jew jokes in the 70's, black jokes in the 50's - no need to apologize, have to keep the minority down, right?
Gay, Jew & black jokes are still ok.

Why would you think they aren't?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#509461 Mar 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I am an imaginary lesbian we could only have imaginary sex. The imaginary child was an accident.
did you forget your imaginary condom?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#509462 Mar 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
At some point in my drinking I realized that I was out of control; so I quit driving.
I always (and only) drink at home.

I drive buzzed once when I was 21, 22. But I always realized that driving drunk is not worth the potential consequences.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#509464 Mar 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
O Praise the Lord all ye nations praise him all ye people.
For his merciful kindness is great toward us and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever.
Praise ye the Lord.
Except for the starving and diseased.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#509465 Mar 25, 2013
Name appears on post wrote:
But what if I get scabies one day? That wouldn't be too funny....
I'd laugh. Probably a lot.

I've got a good eye for the funny...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#509466 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True to from, IANS. You excel at misunderstanding bible verses & cherry picking
Technically, Mark 16 ended at verse 8. The later verses were added for medieval minds. They were added to trick people into believing in God. Priests would be bitten by a snake (that was not venomous) and seemingly drink deadly poison (which was more like a placebo) to show prospective Christians the "power" of God.
I'm not surprised that you fell for it, too.
In a metaphorical sense, the venom & the poison are representative as Satan and his demons. The point isn't that faith allows us to drink poison or survive a snake bite.
The point is not so much that those things can be handled safely, as much as that such forces and what they represent can be opposed and crushed.
Somebody should tell these people:

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#509469 Mar 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It really depends on how you define "solution."
Or how you define the problem.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#509471 Mar 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the starving and diseased.
Read:

"Why Doesn't God Just Fix Everything?"

(It's made for teens so it should be at your reading level.)

http://christianteens.about.com/od/becomingac...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min confrinting with ... 670,527
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Brandy trujillo 980,315
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Shiralee 445,671
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Sky Writer 31 184,305
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Farting Hillary 101,143
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 3 hr Blackwomenrule 89
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr David C Pumpkins 286,468
More from around the web