Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#509437 Mar 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember him posting about that too.
But I don't remember him ever claiming it was theft.
In fact, the implication was that the parishioners were being duped into paying the priests' way in life rather than having a real job and making a real difference.
You should apologize now.
It's funny how easily it is for you to see that Skom owes IANS an apology!

How clear it is to you, how unclear it is to believers! Because it's ok for a believer to call an atheist a liar in the same way it was ok to make gay jokes in the 80's, for Jew jokes in the 70's, black jokes in the 50's - no need to apologize, have to keep the minority down, right?

Some stable somewhere

#509438 Mar 25, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Tell it to all the female victims who saved their families with a firearm while their husbands were away.
I own two matte-black "solutions," both semiauto.
You're kind of a hero of mine, Kaitlin :)

But I really wasn't talking about shooting anyone else.

:)

To be honest, I could disarm almost anyone if they were standing within 5 feet of me and not military trained. Military, I'd probably die. So...who needs a gun?

;)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#509439 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text from Study Bible>
The Ark of the Covenant

The ark of the covenant (Ex. 25:10-22, 37:1-9) was the only piece of furniture in the Most Holy Place; the ark and its contents were kept hidden from view at all times. The ark itself was a wooden chest, over-laid with pure gold, measuring 3.75 feet long, 2.25 feet wide, and 2.25 feet high (1.1 m x 0.7 m x 0.7 m). It contained within it the two stone tablets of the testimony (the Ten Commandments). The author of Hebrews adds that it also contained "a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron's staff that budded" (Heb. 9:4). The ark was not to be touched by human hands. Two wooden poles, overlaid with gold, were used to transport it and were not to be removed from the ark. The mercy seat, or atonement cover, was a solid golden slab that fitted perfectly on top of the ark. The golden cherubim, which were hammered out of the same piece of gold, had wings outstretched over the mercy seat, and faces that looked downward (in reverent awe). It was here, from between the cherubim, that God spoke to Moses, the representative of the people of Israel. Ancient iconography often depicts cherubim as having a lion like body, wings and a human face.
<quoted text from Study Bible>

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#509440 Mar 25, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you got to the point where you won't give up living.
Thank you for sharing your feelings and your heart.
You remind me of the reason I found this site and why I continue
to follow along here..
You seem geniune and that's hard to find here anymore.
I wish you for you nothing but happiness.
Thanks, I really appreciate that. I wish the same for you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#509441 Mar 25, 2013
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all ye lands.

Serve the Lord with gladness come before his presence with singing.

Know ye that the Lord he is God:it is he that hath made us and not we ourselves:we are his people. and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter into his gates with thankgiving and into his courts with praise be thankful unto him and bless his name.

For the Lord is good;his mercy is everlasting and his truth endureth to all generations.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#509442 Mar 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Epi...my "peace" to you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8ElBWF8F6_IXX
Beautiful A.J......

How can anyone listen to that and want to "fight with each other"?

(I do take issue with Jesus having light blue eyes..though)..LOL

Thanks

Some stable somewhere

#509444 Mar 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Booots, if I could have only a year...
You have my understanding, for what it's worth.
You know, once, I had a gun. Bullets were in a different room, the gun was downstairs. Anyways, it was just too much effort to go down there stairs.
I deeply, deeply miss that nickle plated solution.
<quoted text>
Tell it to all the female victims who saved their families with a firearm while their husbands were away.
I own two matte-black "solutions," both semiauto.
<quoted text>
We're not?
I thought we were talking about the pros and cons of firearms ownership. You said a gun was never a solution; I proved that quite frequently it is.
No, we were discussing suicide.

Some stable somewhere

#509445 Mar 25, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
if you been convicted guilty by 12
for sure you are felon,done horible things,and criminal moron as living prove on this topic
also if you have faith or not in this legal demonic spirit system,
FOR SURE NEXT TIME THEY SENTENCE YOU FOR NEXT 25 YEARS AS REPEATED FELON RECIDIVIST
No parent will ever love you.

hahaha, just kidding. I'm sure your parents are quite fond of you. I just had to burn that line somewhere.

Very sorry.

Some stable somewhere

#509446 Mar 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@Riverside......statistically speaking it is basically a fact that innocent people have been and will continue to be killed under the death penalty.And I understand say if someone were to come to you and ask if you think some guy who murdered an innocent should be killed you would say say. But what if the question was "Do you want us to kill him knowing the process we do it by will ensure innocent people will be killed as well"? Then how do you answer? And if someone that kills innocent people deserved to die then how can you support a process that kills innocent people? There will never be a standard of proof high enough to ensure innocents arent killed in this process and we already supposedly use an extra high standard in Captital Death Penalty cases and look how many people are still innocent. Half in some cases. Before we can even get to the morality or justice aspect, how can we as a society rationalize killing innocent people to punish people for killing innocent people?
Wow! Skom!

Wow!!!

Well said!

Some stable somewhere

#509447 Mar 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding was talking about suicide, Kaitlin. For those who haven't considered it, it probably sounds completely alien. For those of us who do consider it, it's always in the back of our mind.
Only until the bullet disintegrates the back part, red misting the mirror.

Colorful poetry ever after.

Some stable somewhere

#509448 Mar 25, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
The first created human was ADAM; you dork. But the souls were created before the human bodies.
So how's Steve doing, Adam?

You guys can get married now in, what, 8 states? And Canada! Where pot is decriminalized!

Nice work, dude.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#509449 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Mark 16 ended at verse 8. The later verses were added for medieval minds......
The Bible isn't the Word of God ?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#509451 Mar 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Dim forgot to call you a liar based on his mangled understanding of your words.
.. it's difficult to admit that the other person has a problem ..

Some stable somewhere

#509452 Mar 25, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be what you believe HFY. I believe is entirely different. I’m sure you have had all this explained to you before but have used it to gripe. You can blame others, God, whatever for your woes and leave yourself free from any blame if you want. I can believe in my Lord and savior. And guess what? The world is still turning.
Have a good day,
HYN
HYN, I honestly don't blame anyone but myself for my life. I most certainly do not blame your deity - sorry, for me, your deity does not exist.

Isn't your name "HFN"?

I apologize, but I cannot seriously imagine a more ridiculous stance than blaming some deity for my life's choices, genetics, upbringing. I know better - I know what I could be doing instead of, say, writing on Topix, but I don't do it.

It's not your fault, it's not your deity's fault, whichever one your believe in. It's not my parent's fault - they would never, never understanding wasting time here - the fault is solely my own.

Thanks for being a soundboard :)

I'll get back to dishwashing momentarily. Just have to check on the SO.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#509453 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it with you people and your assumptions?
Do they make you feel more secure or something?
I'll have you know that I never, EVER, drive after drinking.
Get that through your thick, arrogant skull.
At some point in my drinking I realized that I was out of control; so I quit driving.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#509454 Mar 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
HL said if other people besides Shrink said she defended you that she would apologize to me because self-improvement was so important to her and she wanted me to see that for myself.
Dear Skom:

I apologize for everything I've ever posted to you.

Sincerely, HL

Some stable somewhere

#509455 Mar 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I was suicidal during one day in 1998, and had three guns in my home, but though I was seriously planning to end my life that day, using a gun was never an option I considered. Kind of messy for the wife to come home to, I guess, though likely that was not a major concern at that time. It for some reason was just not a way that came to mind.
Who said you have to kill yourself at home?

You don't think I considered that, as well?

Some stable somewhere

#509456 Mar 25, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Food for thought ...
Good post.
Thanks, Hick-up.

Adam

Germany

#509458 Mar 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So how's Steve doing, Adam?
You guys can get married now in, what, 8 states? And Canada! Where pot is decriminalized!
Nice work, dude.
I don´t know who you are talking about. Maybe he died for hiS sin?
Do you want to be next?
Adam

Germany

#509459 Mar 25, 2013
Taken from the testament of Salomon

27. I Solomon said unto him: "Beelzeboul, what is thy employment?" And he answered me: "I destroy kings.35 I ally myself with foreign tyrants. And my own demons I set on36 to men, in order that the latter may believe in them and be lost. And the chosen servants of God, priests and faithful men, I excite unto desires for wicked sins, and evil heresies, and lawless deeds; and they obey me, and I bear them on to destruction. And I inspire men with envy, and [desire for] murder, and for wars and sodomy, and other evil things. And I will destroy the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Exorcist 48,324
What attracts white women to black men? (Mar '07) 16 min mana92mo 11,533
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 17 min DENG 38,748
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min guest 646,454
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 27 min Suckcockluver 65
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 34 min Bongo 971,615
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 1 hr Gravywizard54 30
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 182,639
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web