Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#508966 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit LeLe...meant to say you have said you believe everybody whether they believe in God or not...or any other factors for that matter..will be SAVED. So if murderers and rapists to simply those who dont believe and everybody in-between and everybody in general will and should be saved according to your beliefs, how then is killing Scott Peterson a punishment? And why do you believe there should be such severe human accountability but are offended by God also using a criteria?
I am not offended w God.
-if you haven't noticed, I am offended with humans and their
ideals they have a God given right to act as they are Him.

I do believe NONE will be lost..
Not a one..
And that's between God and His creation..
Has nothing to do with those who put Him in a box and
claim they know His ways..They don't can't and never will..
His ways are not our ways..Right?

I am not going to make this an issue with you.
You know my beliefs..use them against me all you want to.

I wonder if you can answer that post of your's about HL and Lawlest..
I asked you two questions??

Wondering why you turned a post about someone helping my cause out..just a little..into something totally about you?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#508967 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe any will be lost.- so what?
Does that bother you Skom?
So if no soul will be lost what do you believe happens when people die if you are not saying they go straight to Heaven? Either way your scenario would be sparing Scott Peterson years in prison until he is saved. How is that more of a punishment then serving years in prison and then being saved at some future point? It doesnt bother me that you believe all will be saved or that no soul will be lost or however you want to phrase it. I know in the past you have specifcally said you believe everyone will be saved so I dont want to quibble semantics. I am just asking how it is you couldnt sleep if the souls of child rapists and murderers arent lost yet you have no problem with accountability and consequences being deserving of death on Earth? Man should be allowed to hold man accountable but not God?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508968 Mar 24, 2013
He said to them;It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authoritiy.But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth.

Location hidden

#508969 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not offended w God.
You are if you believe what the Bible says. You have said you couldn't sleep at night if you believed any soul was lost yet the Bible says some souls will be lost. In the past you have used the Bible while supporting OSAS. If you do not believe the Bible and the god you believe in does not do what the bible states then I accept your issue would not be with God.

To clarify are you saying then you don't believe the Bible or do you have verses that would offer a different interpretation for the hundreds of verses that say those who reject Christ will not be saved?
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
-if you haven't noticed, I am offended with humans and their
ideals they have a God given right to act as they are Him.
I do believe NONE will be lost..
Not a one..
And that's between God and His creation..
Has nothing to do with those who put Him in a box and
claim they know His ways..They don't can't and never will..
His ways are not our ways..Right?
Sure. But we are discussing YOUR beliefs. I agree what God does and who He says is up to God. What are you basing that belief on and why do you feel if it should be left up to God for salvation do you feel man has the right to decide who lives and dies? And if you feel that is just, would it bother you if God also uses a criteria and doesn't save everyone?
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to make this an issue with you.
You know my beliefs..use them against me all you want to.
If having a discussion with someone who believes differently than you is an issue for you then I don't understand how you have made many of your posts. I thought you capable of having such an exchange. I am not "using your beliefs against you". I am asking you how you reconcile them. It was a pretty reasonable question imo and one ask quite civilly. If you solution to that is to paint it as me causing a problem then I guess you aren't capable of having a civil discussion with someone who disagrees with you
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if you can answer that post of your's about HL and Lawlest..
I asked you two questions??
I didn't see any reply but had switched to my phone for a while and miss posts sometimes. I will look for it now
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering why you turned a post about someone helping my cause out..just a little..into something totally about you?
It was totally about me? I initially clarified the difference between criticizing and condemning. Then as I am sure you saw took the opportunity to address other posts she had made about me since I was already replying to her post. Why do you feel a post HL made in defense of you has to remain all about you?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#508970 Mar 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
For myself it has nothing to do with wanting to be all soft & loving & kind & nurturing to a &%*#^@(%$# murderer. It has everything to do with it is not my right to end someone elses life regardless if that person has chosen to or not.
The death penalty is something that I have always struggled with...I understand why victims want revenge...I would too...I just don't want to be as barbaric as those who choose to murder.
RR...simply because one does not agree with the death penalty does not mean that we are out here trying to stop it. It is legal in some states...some offenders do not deserve the right to live...who decides which ones do...and which ones don't? I don't want to be that person.
I struggle with it because...if someone that I loved was the victim...I would feel just like those that want revenge...I am sure that I would.
Well said, I understand your opinion on it.

And thanks for just offering opinion, rather than offering opinion and shit talking like a lot if other posters do.

My opinion differs from yours. I don't see the death penalty as revenge, I see it as justice, fairness.

I also see it as a deterrent for would-be killers to think twice before committing the crime.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508971 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>The death penalty statistacally serves as no deterent. The murder rates stay the same. Murderers dont think "well I will risk life in prison but not death". The consequences for many reasons arent factored in. Secondly many people on death row seemed just as guilty as Peterson and were innocent. Lastly you have said in the past you couldnt sleep at night if you didnt believe every person whether they believe or not in God. So you think Scott is deserving of death yet after should go straight to Heaven? Seems like a big contradiction to me. In your scenario you would actually be doing him a huge favor by saving him years in prison and allowing him to skip right to salvation
What makes you think people like Peterson will go to Heaven?

Just because he's accepted God doesn't mean God has accepted him.

...or will forgive him.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#508972 Mar 24, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Booots, if I could have only a year...
You have my understanding, for what it's worth.
You know, once, I had a gun. Bullets were in a different room, the gun was downstairs. Anyways, it was just too much effort to go down there stairs.
I deeply, deeply miss that nickle plated solution.
<quoted text>
Tell it to all the female victims who saved their families with a firearm while their husbands were away.
I own two matte-black "solutions," both semiauto.
Hiding was talking about suicide, Kaitlin. For those who haven't considered it, it probably sounds completely alien. For those of us who do consider it, it's always in the back of our mind.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508973 Mar 24, 2013
Which is *exactly* what you do to me, Red. Instead of answering me, you just insult.
You poor, sad little loser.
I have proven to everyone here that you don't even believe in the "God" that you claim to believe in; you just want to use it as an excuse to justify your hatred and hypocrisy.
My job is done.
<quoted text>
I go only by what you write in your posts. You demonstrate more faith in your firearms than you do in this "God" you claim to believe in.
The mythical story of Daniel and the Lion's Den demonstrates more faith than your ownership of firearms does. Or maybe you don't believe that story?
Is your job done yet? I thought it was done like 6 posts ago....

I do NOT have more faith in firearms than I do God. What a load of crap.

I trust that a firearm might help save my life.

I have faith that God will help save my soul.

Location hidden

#508974 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think people like Peterson will go to Heaven?
Just because he's accepted God doesn't mean God has accepted him.
...or will forgive him.
I don't have the slightest clue if he will be saved

I also am not a believer in Once-Saved Always Saved

But LeLe has stated in the past she believes everybody will be saved. In fact we were having a conversation about unrepentant child-rapists and I said I certainly would shed no tears if they were not saved. In response to that LeLe said she couldn't sleep at night if she believed a single soul would be lost.

I am just curious how she could find it so upsetting as to disrupt her sleep if the souls of unrepentant child-rapists are lost yet on the flip side feel they are deserving of death for their crimes on Earth

To me it is a total contradiction both in accountability and consequences AND in the belief things should be left up to God

Under her belief system, Scott Peterson deserves to die for his crimes yet she couldn't sleep if he wasn't saved. Not only I don't get that but her scenario just lets him avoid years in prison before being saved. That's an easier punishment imo if no soul will be lost

Personally I think she is just looking to argue a side opposite of mine due to some perceived slight she took at my response to HL which I didn't even know was about her and she never entered my thoughts when I was responded as my focus was on HL as that is who I was responding to. Although I could be wrong. She may just simply be putting forth a side that makes zero sense to be based on her beliefs. I didn't know until I saw her last post how she seemed to be viewing this exchange. I thought I was simply asking someone about what I saw as a contradiction and was looking for an explanation. I guess she views it as me using her beliefs against her and trying to have an issue

Anyway, if her two positions make any sense to you perhaps you could offer some thoughts on them as I don't get it. Personally I think if someone is deserving of death and should be held accountable for their crimes on Earth that God doing the same would make sense and I could sleep at night as to me actions have consequences. There are no consequences imo if everyone is saved no matter what

Location hidden

#508975 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are if you believe what the Bible says. You have said you couldn't sleep at night if you believed any soul was lost yet the Bible says some souls will be lost. In the past you have used the Bible while supporting OSAS. If you do not believe the Bible and the god you believe in does not do what the bible states then I accept your issue would not be with God.
To clarify are you saying then you don't believe the Bible or do you have verses that would offer a different interpretation for the hundreds of verses that say those who reject Christ will not be saved?
<quoted text>
Sure. But we are discussing YOUR beliefs. I agree what God does and who He says is up to God. What are you basing that belief on and why do you feel if it should be left up to God for salvation do you feel man has the right to decide who lives and dies? And if you feel that is just, would it bother you if God also uses a criteria and doesn't save everyone?
<quoted text>
If having a discussion with someone who believes differently than you is an issue for you then I don't understand how you have made many of your posts. I thought you capable of having such an exchange. I am not "using your beliefs against you". I am asking you how you reconcile them. It was a pretty reasonable question imo and one ask quite civilly. If you solution to that is to paint it as me causing a problem then I guess you aren't capable of having a civil discussion with someone who disagrees with you
<quoted text>
I didn't see any reply but had switched to my phone for a while and miss posts sometimes. I will look for it now
<quoted text>
It was totally about me? I initially clarified the difference between criticizing and condemning. Then as I am sure you saw took the opportunity to address other posts she had made about me since I was already replying to her post. Why do you feel a post HL made in defense of you has to remain all about you?
It didn't have a chance to be about me..
lol.
Oh Skom..

Like I said.. you and I do not know God's ways..
We really shouldn't all be arguing over them either.

Jesus came to show us Love through Grace.

In my heart, I believe not one soul will be cast in a fire
of forever and ever after..
I am not here to define God's will to you or anyone else.

I believe here on earth, we should indeed be held accountable for our
misdeeds towards our fellow man..
And in my opinion- killing someone in cold blood,
being tried and convicted of such a crime- should be payed with
your life.
There should be no other penalty but death.

You seem to want me to say I believe man is in charge of one's life but
that I believe God is not in charge of one's soul??
To me.. we are dealing with two different plains.

That's how I feel.

Location hidden

#508976 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom- are you saying Lawlest is the messenger??
no
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Or was HL's post you are referring to, about you?
no

Perhaps you missed the part where I said I was responding to many posts I saw her make about me on the days I was not posting or all the content that was referring to past exchanges between her and I including times when she left after saying she would apologize and not providing references for a partial quote. Did you think that was about you somehow? It made up most my reply to her. Here is that portion

"I have seen quite a few posts from you about me in the days I have no been posting. If you have anything you would like to address to me just let me know. I will say as far as the "character assassination" you are giving me to much credit and ignoring the obvious. The only "ammo" I have without knowing any of you in real life is the words of your own posts. If those words have shown you to be a liar or a hypocrite or a follower or someone who can't admit when they are wrong then that is what those words show.

You can be upset with me for shining a light on it but I have no ability to do any damage to someone's reputation without having the truth to support it. If you don't want your character being maligned, perhaps you ought to improve your own ethics? When you give your word and then disappear or when you give half a dozen transparently phony excuses for why you won't reference a quote you got wrong then that is on you. Going after the messenger won't change that"

It seems obvious this had nothing to do with you. Where in here did you think it did?

Location hidden

#508977 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't have a chance to be about me..
lol.
Oh Skom..
Did it need a chance to be about you? Is that what upset you, that it wasn't?

OH Lele

LOL
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said.. you and I do not know God's ways..
We really shouldn't all be arguing over them either.
Jesus came to show us Love through Grace.
We are not arguing over them. You may think so or think it advantageous to try to present it as someone trying to. I am simply asking for clarification. I accept what you believe and don't care one way or the other.

Although you say things like "Jesus came to show us Love through Grace" and have quoted Bible verses in the past yet I think it is clear you don't follow the Bible. It has obviously caused some confusion in trying to understand what you are claiming you believe. Surely you realize the Bible has many verses that show not all will be saved right?
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
In my heart, I believe not one soul will be cast in a fire
of forever and ever after..
I am not here to define God's will to you or anyone else.
I believe here on earth, we should indeed be held accountable for our
misdeeds towards our fellow man..
And in my opinion- killing someone in cold blood,
being tried and convicted of such a crime- should be payed with
your life.
There should be no other penalty but death.
You seem to want me to say I believe man is in charge of one's life but
that I believe God is not in charge of one's soul??
To me.. we are dealing with two different plains.
That's how I feel.
No what I am asking is why is it you couldn't sleep at night if the soul of an unrepentant child-rapist wasn't saved yet feel Scott Peterson is deserving of death? In other words, why is being accountable on Earth no problem for you but you couldn't sleep if you thought God also held people accountable?

And if you answer nothing but this question, how is it a greater punishment to kill someone if everyone is saved then having that person spend decades in prison first? How can you not see the logical inconsistency?

Location hidden

#508978 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
no
<quoted text>
no
Perhaps you missed the part where I said I was responding to many posts I saw her make about me on the days I was not posting or all the content that was referring to past exchanges between her and I including times when she left after saying she would apologize and not providing references for a partial quote. Did you think that was about you somehow? It made up most my reply to her. Here is that portion
"I have seen quite a few posts from you about me in the days I have no been posting. If you have anything you would like to address to me just let me know. I will say as far as the "character assassination" you are giving me to much credit and ignoring the obvious. The only "ammo" I have without knowing any of you in real life is the words of your own posts. If those words have shown you to be a liar or a hypocrite or a follower or someone who can't admit when they are wrong then that is what those words show.
You can be upset with me for shining a light on it but I have no ability to do any damage to someone's reputation without having the truth to support it. If you don't want your character being maligned, perhaps you ought to improve your own ethics? When you give your word and then disappear or when you give half a dozen transparently phony excuses for why you won't reference a quote you got wrong then that is on you. Going after the messenger won't change that"
It seems obvious this had nothing to do with you. Where in here did you think it did?
Oh good heavens. She wasn't making the post to or about you.

Yet..it's all about you?

lol..
ok.

Location hidden

#508979 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet..it's all about you?
lol..
ok.
Perhaps a third time will help with your reading comprehension?

Skom said to HL

"I have seen quite a few posts from you about me in the days I have no been posting."

I simply used a post that I was already replying to in order to also address different posts. People can do two things at once ya know?

I realize you probably fall down when trying to walk and chew gum but I would think for most people referring to other posts in the midst of a reply isn't a big deal:)

“unintelligible ”

Since: Mar 13

Gobi Desert, Outer Mongolia

#508980 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet..it's all about you?
lol..
ok.
mr

Location hidden

#508981 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it need a chance to be about you? Is that what upset you, that it wasn't?
OH Lele
LOL
<quoted text>
We are not arguing over them. You may think so or think it advantageous to try to present it as someone trying to. I am simply asking for clarification. I accept what you believe and don't care one way or the other.
Although you say things like "Jesus came to show us Love through Grace" and have quoted Bible verses in the past yet I think it is clear you don't follow the Bible. It has obviously caused some confusion in trying to understand what you are claiming you believe. Surely you realize the Bible has many verses that show not all will be saved right?
<quoted text>
No what I am asking is why is it you couldn't sleep at night if the soul of an unrepentant child-rapist wasn't saved yet feel Scott Peterson is deserving of death? In other words, why is being accountable on Earth no problem for you but you couldn't sleep if you thought God also held people accountable?
And if you answer nothing but this question, how is it a greater punishment to kill someone if everyone is saved then having that person spend decades in prison first? How can you not see the logical inconsistency?
Skom.

There are many logical inconsistancies when dealing with the Bible.
Let us take the Catholic religion for example.
They believe they are channeling the spirit of God.
Through all their money pomp and circumstance they use the Bible to
reap a monetary fortune and strickly rule the lives of many believers.
All the while they harbor pedophiles and rapists in God's good Name.
You belong to this religion..yes?

I do not understand or question (anymore)why you would belong to such a religion so inconsistant with God's Love.

I am not going to argue the death penalty with you.
Or my beliefs..We have been here before. I don't feel like
going in circles w you.
If I ever get to Washington.. maybe -then- you should waste a little bit of your energy on what I believe to be true.

I am not upset you chose to jump in on a post HL made to Lawlest..lol.
Why are you creating a straw man where one doesn't exist? I was wondering why you skipped my questions regarding
who you were talking about in the first place in your post to HL.

-oh right - you answered that..you switched phones..
ok..

Have a great rest of your Sunday.
Hope I don't grow to regret sharing too much in pm's w you
as other's have..

Location hidden

#508982 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm doing neither; I'm just pointing things out that you can't really answer."
I have no interest in answering. Whether you believe in God makes no difference to me and I certainly am not going to waste time trying to convince someone God exists who I don't think will believe it. Nor do I care if I have your approval on the reasons for why I believe God exists.

I am making a simple point which is, believing in anything whether it is that God exists or the world is flat or anything else should be based solely on that issue and should have nothing to do with the actions of people who also believe it
<quoted text>
In order for me to accept your hypothesis that "God" does this or that, you have to prove that your god exists.
I don't care if you accept it nor am I trying to get you to. Again, the point is you aren't basing your belief on whether God exists on the merits of whether God exists but rather on the actions of those who believe that he does. That makes no sense. And if you aren't doing that then saying people by their actions are driving others from Jesus makes no sense. You can't have it both ways
<quoted text>
That is *not* my reasoning, and you know it. Earth exists; your "God" most likely does not.
It is your reasoning. By your reasoning whether you believe the Earth is round would depend on the actions of others that believe the Earth is round. That would be silly. So why do that with God?
<quoted text>
The rest of your argument is based on that hypothesis.
Show me the evidence of your "God."
Sigh

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round

Believe what you want for whatever you want, it makes no difference to me

Personally I no longer believe gravity exists because my neighbor that believes in gravity it is a jerk. Of course other people that are cool believe in gravity but screw factoring them in.

And HL says it is believers that can't incorporate logic

Location hidden

#508984 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps a third time will help with your reading comprehension?
Skom said to HL
"I have seen quite a few posts from you about me in the days I have no been posting."
I simply used a post that I was already replying to in order to also address different posts. People can do two things at once ya know?
I realize you probably fall down when trying to walk and chew gum but I would think for most people referring to other posts in the midst of a reply isn't a big deal:)
Why not post to a post from HL regarding you then..?
You said you saw many regarding you by HL..
Yet..you picked one where HL was pointing out a hypocricy of
Lawlest's.

Now the insults start?
Typical Skom..sigh.
And the circular logic..-ugh..

LOL..

Have fun Skom.
Guess these people are reading you right..
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#508987 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom.
There are many logical inconsistancies when dealing with the Bible.
Let us take the Catholic religion for example.
They believe they are channeling the spirit of God.
Through all their money pomp and circumstance they use the Bible to
reap a monetary fortune and strickly rule the lives of many believers.
All the while they harbor pedophiles and rapists in God's good Name.
You belong to this religion..yes?
I do not understand or question (anymore)why you would belong to such a religion so inconsistant with God's Love.
I am not going to argue the death penalty with you.
Or my beliefs..We have been here before. I don't feel like
going in circles w you.
If I ever get to Washington.. maybe -then- you should waste a little bit of your energy on what I believe to be true.
I am not upset you chose to jump in on a post HL made to Lawlest..lol.
Why are you creating a straw man where one doesn't exist? I was wondering why you skipped my questions regarding
who you were talking about in the first place in your post to HL.
-oh right - you answered that..you switched phones..
ok..
Have a great rest of your Sunday.
Hope I don't grow to regret sharing too much in pm's w you
as other's have..
Do you believe that Jesus is the Invisble Eternal God of the universe in a visible,glorified body.....or do you believe that Jesus is,or was,the first Being created by God the Father?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#508988 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not post to a post from HL regarding you then..?
You said you saw many regarding you by HL..
Yet..you picked one where HL was pointing out a hypocricy of
Lawlest's.
Now the insults start?
Typical Skom..sigh.
And the circular logic..-ugh..
LOL..
Have fun Skom.
Guess these people are reading you right..
Why do you call yourself 'Le Le'?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Darwins Stepchild 882,189
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 25 min Sagar khan 600
pijat pasutri bali (Apr '13) 25 min dheka 66
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min who 177,914
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 41 min GOD loves GAYS mo... 76
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr guest 603,885
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Student 41,181
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr dollarsbill 8,479
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr Critical Eye 4,236
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 hr The swamiji 7,718
More from around the web