Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508950 Mar 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, with your thinking, you could be dangerous to our country's principles.
That is, if you weren't just a poor powerless little man doing your time in Riverside.
It almost puts you in the harmless category, if you don't vote.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see...
You can't admit when you're wrong & you resort to name calling ...
Which is *exactly* what you do to me, Red. Instead of answering me, you just insult.

You poor, sad little loser.

I have proven to everyone here that you don't even believe in the "God" that you claim to believe in; you just want to use it as an excuse to justify your hatred and hypocrisy.

My job is done.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#508952 Mar 24, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was the Colt .45.
You still don't seem to trust "God," though; you place your trust in your rifle. I don't mind, I'm not criticizing you for it; just be honest about it, thass all. You do not trust "God" as much as you do your rifle. That being the case, why should anyone *else* trust in your "God?"
Bible verses will not be acceptable reasons; you're going to have to come up with *your own* reasons.
<quoted text>
O ye of little faith.
<quoted text>
No you don't. You prefer to take that on yourself, and *claim* that "God" gives it to you.
You don't really believe in your "God" any more than I do. Just man up and be honest about it, that's all.
<quoted text>
Translation: "She's right, I can't answer any of this, so I'll just post dumb shit like:"
<quoted text>
You have no faith in something you claim to believe in; that makes you a hypocrite.
Do you ever get tired of assuming?

I have tremendous faith in God. But I'm not one of those ignorant Christians that prays for money or rain or a new car...

And I'm not naive enough to assume that God would stop a bullet.

Not that He couldn't, just that He wouldn't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508954 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not one reason that Scott Peterson should be not
afforded the death penalty.
Maybe all the other sick mentally selfish people out there
might look upon Scott Peterson's execution and think
twice before they kill in cold blood..???
Yes, exactly.

Criminals and would-be criminals need to be afraid of the repercussions of their actions.

Right now, they're not. They don't care about commuting crimes. To them, prison life ain't so bad..

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508955 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Face it, dude, you don't believe in your "God" any more than I do; for you, it's just a convenience.
<quoted text>
Translation: "Damn, she's right. But I'll never adimt it!!"
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"right"?!?
LOL
You stated that I don't believe in God.
You think you know my beliefs.
You have demonstrated them here. I know how to read.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You think you know what my thoughts are.
You have shown them here; I know how to read.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You think you know me.
You're wrong.
That's why it's funny.
You have shown me all I need to know; and you're too fucking dumb to realize that.

Enjoy the rest of your day, clown.

*Now* my job is done.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508956 Mar 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, with your thinking, you could be dangerous to our country's principles.
That is, if you weren't just a poor powerless little man doing your time in Riverside.
It almost puts you in the harmless category, if you don't vote.
<quoted text>
Which is *exactly* what you do to me, Red. Instead of answering me, you just insult.
I have proven to everyone here that you don't even believe in the "God" that you claim to believe in; you just want to use it as an excuse to justify your hatred and hypocrisy.
My job is done.
The only thing you've proven is that your assumptive capabilities are off the charts.

Good job.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508957 Mar 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been convicted of things I haven't done.
I guess I don't have the faith in the legal system that you do.
<quoted text>
At least it is something that can be examined, unlike your "God," and can be improved upon.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in God just as much as I do. You're just afraid to admit it.
{...*aw, fuck...*}

"You believe in God just as much as I do." In the fact that you don't truly believe in your own god, right. I have no fear in admitting that.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508958 Mar 24, 2013
My job is done.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you've proven is that your assumptive capabilities are off the charts.
Good job.
I go only by what you write in your posts. You demonstrate more faith in your firearms than you do in this "God" you claim to believe in.

The mythical story of Daniel and the Lion's Den demonstrates more faith than your ownership of firearms does. Or maybe you don't believe that story?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#508959 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about killing innocent people... capital punishment to those that are rightfully & lawfully convicted of heinous crimes.
Criminal crazies like Scott Peterson.
Give me ONE good reason why that piece of shit deserves life.
Right but many times people "rightfully and lawfully convicted" have turned out to be innocent. Over half in some states. Hundreds have had DNA overturn their concictions, many who were waiting a death sentence. Of course anyone convicted and sentened to die looks guilty or 12 people wouldnt have agreed to the death penalty. Yet many were innocent either due to bad identifications or coerced confessions or sloppy police work or prosecutorial misconducts or witnessing lying or bad forensics or whatever. So knowing this and knowing for every Scott Peterson we may be killing an innocent how do we go forward? Is vengeance requiring death worth killing innocents to get?Its a logical and moral contradiction imo

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#508960 Mar 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Each person on this thread probably has someone that they wish would go away.
Honestly Lawest...LeLe seldom posts...however...there is always contention on this thread between different posters at different times.
I don't think that you speak for "us all". I know that you consider me an outsider but honestly...I have been on this thread a lot longer than you have...LeLe was here before both of us.
Just as you told Boots that if he was offended by scripture posting...don't read scroll on by...you can do the same for LeLe's posts.
Annie-
I honestly didn't think I had as much influence on
wsjlm as Lawlest and his "pm" friends give me.
-yikes.
..it's quite noble of that pompus *erk to believe him telling me to leave would make all the discourse here go away also..
Which, it is becoming quite clear..Lawlest can't be living in reality.

Lawlest and his friends don't seem too confident in who they call Lord.

They cling and fight and grasp onto a belief that they
are somehow
in charge (in this world of ours) of those that do not believe as they do..
They don't believe their God is capable..

Sad to witness.

Location hidden

#508961 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not one reason that Scott Peterson should be not
afforded the death penalty.
Maybe all the other sick mentally selfish people out there
might look upon Scott Peterson's execution and think
twice before they kill in cold blood..???
The death penalty statistacally serves as no deterent. The murder rates stay the same. Murderers dont think "well I will risk life in prison but not death". The consequences for many reasons arent factored in. Secondly many people on death row seemed just as guilty as Peterson and were innocent. Lastly you have said in the past you couldnt sleep at night if you didnt believe every person whether they believe or not in God. So you think Scott is deserving of death yet after should go straight to Heaven? Seems like a big contradiction to me. In your scenario you would actually be doing him a huge favor by saving him years in prison and allowing him to skip right to salvation

Location hidden

#508963 Mar 24, 2013
Edit LeLe...meant to say you have said you believe everybody whether they believe in God or not...or any other factors for that matter..will be SAVED. So if murderers and rapists to simply those who dont believe and everybody in-between and everybody in general will and should be saved according to your beliefs, how then is killing Scott Peterson a punishment? And why do you believe there should be such severe human accountability but are offended by God also using a criteria?

Location hidden

#508964 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>The death penalty statistacally serves as no deterent. The murder rates stay the same. Murderers dont think "well I will risk life in prison but not death". The consequences for many reasons arent factored in. Secondly many people on death row seemed just as guilty as Peterson and were innocent. Lastly you have said in the past you couldnt sleep at night if you didnt believe every person whether they believe or not in God. So you think Scott is deserving of death yet after should go straight to Heaven? Seems like a big contradiction to me. In your scenario you would actually be doing him a huge favor by saving him years in prison and allowing him to skip right to salvation
I believe Scott Peterson is deseving of death.
Yes.
Straight to Heaven?

Where did I say that?
I have always said a person's salvation is between God and themselves. in other words-- none of other's business..
I do not believe any will be lost.- so what?
Does that bother you Skom?

I believe you commit cold blooded murder like Scott Peterson did.
You pay that crime here on earth with your own life.

Your soul is in God's hands.- no mere mortals.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#508965 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Dr Phil. You're wrong. It does NOT excite me.
What pisses me off is people like you that wanna be all soft & loving & kind & nurturing to a God damned murderer.
For myself it has nothing to do with wanting to be all soft & loving & kind & nurturing to a &%*#^@(%$# murderer. It has everything to do with it is not my right to end someone elses life regardless if that person has chosen to or not.

The death penalty is something that I have always struggled with...I understand why victims want revenge...I would too...I just don't want to be as barbaric as those who choose to murder.

RR...simply because one does not agree with the death penalty does not mean that we are out here trying to stop it. It is legal in some states...some offenders do not deserve the right to live...who decides which ones do...and which ones don't? I don't want to be that person.

I struggle with it because...if someone that I loved was the victim...I would feel just like those that want revenge...I am sure that I would.

Location hidden

#508966 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit LeLe...meant to say you have said you believe everybody whether they believe in God or not...or any other factors for that matter..will be SAVED. So if murderers and rapists to simply those who dont believe and everybody in-between and everybody in general will and should be saved according to your beliefs, how then is killing Scott Peterson a punishment? And why do you believe there should be such severe human accountability but are offended by God also using a criteria?
I am not offended w God.
-if you haven't noticed, I am offended with humans and their
ideals they have a God given right to act as they are Him.

I do believe NONE will be lost..
Not a one..
And that's between God and His creation..
Has nothing to do with those who put Him in a box and
claim they know His ways..They don't can't and never will..
His ways are not our ways..Right?

I am not going to make this an issue with you.
You know my beliefs..use them against me all you want to.

I wonder if you can answer that post of your's about HL and Lawlest..
I asked you two questions??

Wondering why you turned a post about someone helping my cause out..just a little..into something totally about you?

Location hidden

#508967 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe any will be lost.- so what?
Does that bother you Skom?
So if no soul will be lost what do you believe happens when people die if you are not saying they go straight to Heaven? Either way your scenario would be sparing Scott Peterson years in prison until he is saved. How is that more of a punishment then serving years in prison and then being saved at some future point? It doesnt bother me that you believe all will be saved or that no soul will be lost or however you want to phrase it. I know in the past you have specifcally said you believe everyone will be saved so I dont want to quibble semantics. I am just asking how it is you couldnt sleep if the souls of child rapists and murderers arent lost yet you have no problem with accountability and consequences being deserving of death on Earth? Man should be allowed to hold man accountable but not God?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508968 Mar 24, 2013
He said to them;It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authoritiy.But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth.

Location hidden

#508969 Mar 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not offended w God.
You are if you believe what the Bible says. You have said you couldn't sleep at night if you believed any soul was lost yet the Bible says some souls will be lost. In the past you have used the Bible while supporting OSAS. If you do not believe the Bible and the god you believe in does not do what the bible states then I accept your issue would not be with God.

To clarify are you saying then you don't believe the Bible or do you have verses that would offer a different interpretation for the hundreds of verses that say those who reject Christ will not be saved?
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
-if you haven't noticed, I am offended with humans and their
ideals they have a God given right to act as they are Him.
I do believe NONE will be lost..
Not a one..
And that's between God and His creation..
Has nothing to do with those who put Him in a box and
claim they know His ways..They don't can't and never will..
His ways are not our ways..Right?
Sure. But we are discussing YOUR beliefs. I agree what God does and who He says is up to God. What are you basing that belief on and why do you feel if it should be left up to God for salvation do you feel man has the right to decide who lives and dies? And if you feel that is just, would it bother you if God also uses a criteria and doesn't save everyone?
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to make this an issue with you.
You know my beliefs..use them against me all you want to.
If having a discussion with someone who believes differently than you is an issue for you then I don't understand how you have made many of your posts. I thought you capable of having such an exchange. I am not "using your beliefs against you". I am asking you how you reconcile them. It was a pretty reasonable question imo and one ask quite civilly. If you solution to that is to paint it as me causing a problem then I guess you aren't capable of having a civil discussion with someone who disagrees with you
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if you can answer that post of your's about HL and Lawlest..
I asked you two questions??
I didn't see any reply but had switched to my phone for a while and miss posts sometimes. I will look for it now
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering why you turned a post about someone helping my cause out..just a little..into something totally about you?
It was totally about me? I initially clarified the difference between criticizing and condemning. Then as I am sure you saw took the opportunity to address other posts she had made about me since I was already replying to her post. Why do you feel a post HL made in defense of you has to remain all about you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508970 Mar 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
For myself it has nothing to do with wanting to be all soft & loving & kind & nurturing to a &%*#^@(%$# murderer. It has everything to do with it is not my right to end someone elses life regardless if that person has chosen to or not.
The death penalty is something that I have always struggled with...I understand why victims want revenge...I would too...I just don't want to be as barbaric as those who choose to murder.
RR...simply because one does not agree with the death penalty does not mean that we are out here trying to stop it. It is legal in some states...some offenders do not deserve the right to live...who decides which ones do...and which ones don't? I don't want to be that person.
I struggle with it because...if someone that I loved was the victim...I would feel just like those that want revenge...I am sure that I would.
Well said, I understand your opinion on it.

And thanks for just offering opinion, rather than offering opinion and shit talking like a lot if other posters do.

My opinion differs from yours. I don't see the death penalty as revenge, I see it as justice, fairness.

I also see it as a deterrent for would-be killers to think twice before committing the crime.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508971 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>The death penalty statistacally serves as no deterent. The murder rates stay the same. Murderers dont think "well I will risk life in prison but not death". The consequences for many reasons arent factored in. Secondly many people on death row seemed just as guilty as Peterson and were innocent. Lastly you have said in the past you couldnt sleep at night if you didnt believe every person whether they believe or not in God. So you think Scott is deserving of death yet after should go straight to Heaven? Seems like a big contradiction to me. In your scenario you would actually be doing him a huge favor by saving him years in prison and allowing him to skip right to salvation
What makes you think people like Peterson will go to Heaven?

Just because he's accepted God doesn't mean God has accepted him.

...or will forgive him.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#508972 Mar 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Booots, if I could have only a year...
You have my understanding, for what it's worth.
You know, once, I had a gun. Bullets were in a different room, the gun was downstairs. Anyways, it was just too much effort to go down there stairs.
I deeply, deeply miss that nickle plated solution.
<quoted text>
Tell it to all the female victims who saved their families with a firearm while their husbands were away.
I own two matte-black "solutions," both semiauto.
Hiding was talking about suicide, Kaitlin. For those who haven't considered it, it probably sounds completely alien. For those of us who do consider it, it's always in the back of our mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min RiversideRedneck 64,635
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min mpetershat 654,425
Jessica Fellers in Clinton TN 23 min Newport30 1
Mencari teman seks wanita yang gersang (Sep '15) 36 min Hyunkle 21
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min MUQ2 45,288
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 43 min MUQ2 504
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,601
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr Banonator 106,610
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 281,954
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Gabriel 973,952
More from around the web