Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508863 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanna hear your "reason"...
I was looking at your avatar. "In God We Trust." Looks more like a rifle to me.
Adam

Germany

#508864 Mar 24, 2013
Every criticism will be answered by the homosexuals as bigotry. That´s the way it is, something will never change.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508865 Mar 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Booots, if I could have only a year...
You have my understanding, for what it's worth.
You know, once, I had a gun. Bullets were in a different room, the gun was downstairs. Anyways, it was just too much effort to go down there stairs.
I deeply, deeply miss that nickle plated solution.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a solution.
That is never a solution.
Tell it to all the female victims who saved their families with a firearm while their husbands were away.

I own two matte-black "solutions," both semiauto.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508866 Mar 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree that your deity has only an imagined existence and that, in the imagining, it affects your life?
Sweet :)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we agree that you have your deep rooted opinions.
That applies to you, too.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#508867 Mar 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember him posting about that too.
But I don't remember him ever claiming it was theft.
In fact, the implication was that the parishioners were being duped into paying the priests' way in life rather than having a real job and making a real difference.
You should apologize now.
LOL

Are you capable of understanding even your own posts?

Batty wrote

"But I don't remember him ever claiming it was theft.
In fact, the implication was that the parishioners were being duped into paying the priests' way in life rather than having a real job and making a real difference."

If the parishioners were duped then clearly they thought the money was going to other things. And if instead of the money going to what they were being told it was going to and instead the priest was using it for him and his kids then yes that is called theft.

Although how did IANS come to have this knowledge? What proof does he have that the

"parishioners were being duped into paying the priests' way in life"?

And why would he have continued to give 10% of his income to a church where he knew this was going on?

I would ask you to apologize but if people had to apologize for being stupid then you would spend your days doing nothing but apologizing

Instead I will simply thank you for proving my point:)

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508868 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. There's too many do-gooders out there that protect the lives of convicted murderers, rapists, etc.
They don't deserve to live.
What if they "repent and ask jesus into their hearts," like you did? What then?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508869 Mar 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>If you truly have just a spark of decency in you, do us all a favor and leave this thread, the contention level among thge posters will drop down traumatically I guarantee you.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Each person on this thread probably has someone that they wish would go away.
Honestly Lawest...LeLe seldom posts...however...there is always contention on this thread between different posters at different times.
I don't think that you speak for "us all". I know that you consider me an outsider but honestly...I have been on this thread a lot longer than you have...LeLe was here before both of us.
Just as you told Boots that if he was offended by scripture posting...don't read scroll on by...you can do the same for LeLe's posts.
Christians do not subject themselves to their own rules; they tell themselves that their rules are for the rest of us.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#508870 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's stupid. We can buy a rope at Home Depot for twenty bucks.....
No...I am not stupid RR...sigh...

http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php...

The High Cost of the Death Penalty

The death penalty is much more expensive than life without parole because the Constitution requires a long and complex judicial process for capital cases. This process is needed in order to ensure that innocent men and woman are not executed for crimes they did not commit, and even with these protections the risk of executing an innocent person can not be completely eliminated.

If the death penalty was replaced with a sentence of Life Without the Possibility of Parole*, which costs millions less and also ensures that the public is protected while eliminating the risk of an irreversible mistake, the money saved could be spent on programs that actually improve the communities in which we live. The millions of dollars in savings could be spent on: education, roads, police officers and public safety programs, after-school programs, drug and alcohol treatment, child abuse prevention programs, mental health services, and services for crime victims and their families.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29552692/ns/us_news...

After decades of moral arguments reaching biblical proportions, after long, twisted journeys to the nation's highest court and back, the death penalty may be abandoned by several states for a reason having nothing to do with right or wrong:

Money.

Turns out, it is cheaper to imprison killers for life than to execute them, according to a series of recent surveys. Tens of millions of dollars cheaper, politicians are learning, during a tumbling recession when nearly every state faces job cuts and massive deficits.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#508871 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's stupid. We can buy a rope at Home Depot for twenty bucks.....
Yeah.

Due process is so un American.

And so what if a few innocent people get hanged, right?

Did you see the story of the guy who had a heart attack 2 days after he was released after 20 years of being wrongly convicted of murder?

Shoulda just hung him 20 years ago, right?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#508872 Mar 24, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Booots, if I could have only a year...
You have my understanding, for what it's worth.
You know, once, I had a gun. Bullets were in a different room, the gun was downstairs. Anyways, it was just too much effort to go down there stairs.
I deeply, deeply miss that nickle plated solution.
<quoted text>
Tell it to all the female victims who saved their families with a firearm while their husbands were away.
I own two matte-black "solutions," both semiauto.
Get off your soap box.

We're not talking about the same thing.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#508873 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Are you capable of understanding even your own posts?
Batty wrote
"But I don't remember him ever claiming it was theft.
In fact, the implication was that the parishioners were being duped into paying the priests' way in life rather than having a real job and making a real difference."
If the parishioners were duped then clearly they thought the money was going to other things. And if instead of the money going to what they were being told it was going to and instead the priest was using it for him and his kids then yes that is called theft.
Although how did IANS come to have this knowledge? What proof does he have that the
"parishioners were being duped into paying the priests' way in life"?
And why would he have continued to give 10% of his income to a church where he knew this was going on?
I would ask you to apologize but if people had to apologize for being stupid then you would spend your days doing nothing but apologizing
Instead I will simply thank you for proving my point:)
The cluelessness is strong in this one.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#508874 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
touche'

As Christians we should not be demanding the death of anyone. We should leave that up to God

As Christians we should never want to take away the time someone has to come to Christ

HOWEVER

It seems patently unfair to me that a man should have the opportunity to still save his soul when his crime might have taken away that opportunity for someone else. Perhaps the victim was someone just starting to embrace faith or would have turned their own life around in time

STILL

Tomorrow is promised to none of us and it is the very reason we are not to put off coming to the Lord. So unfortunately it is an excuse that will not save.

PERSONALLY I FEEL..

While some people may be deserving of death, I recognize that is a very subjective notion. Not only whether someone should be deserving but also the reasons. And man is fallible as well so even knowing if we have the right information is a huge problem. These are all more reasons why it should be left up to God to sort out. These decisions are above our pay-grade imo

I think what some pro-death penalty advocates don't realize is that a lot of us against it aren't pretending it is necessarily always fair or that we don't understand the hurt caused or the need for vengeance to balance it out. But our emotions and human desires can't take precedence over deferring what should be God's job to God

Man is not just or intelligent or unbiased or informed enough to decide who gets to live or die. So he should not be in the business of deciding it. To me, it is that simple

(T) Peace

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#508875 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I was looking at your avatar. "In God We Trust." Looks more like a rifle to me.
God made men.

The rifle made em equal.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508876 Mar 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree that your deity has only an imagined existence and that, in the imagining, it affects your life?
Sweet :)
<quoted text>
That applies to you, too.
Yes it does.

The difference is, I admit it.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#508877 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And there's the problem. You people think capital punishment is old fashioned & outdated.
And then America became the country with the most prisons and most prisoners.
Thanks.
How about a list of the countries who have the death penalty today.

Then we'll talk about civilization.

You are just as much a barbarian as those who stone people to death.

Worse. The very thought of killing excites you.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508878 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
May they continue by their example to drive people away from jesus; may they continue to be their own worst enemies.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are responsible for your own spiritual journey, as is every individual
I might concede in some worse case scenarios the actions of man might damage the faith of another if the damage occurred during their formative years. But we are all adults. 99% of the time man has no ability to drive anyone from Jesus
Your fellow christians demonstrate otherwise. I judge their religion by the way they practice it. If christianity attracts that kind of vermin, then I certaily wouldn't want any part of it.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> and quite frankly has little ability to drive someone towards
Unless they get them when they're really, really young, and threaten them with eternal damnation and burning agony, as christianiy does. The best that those poor childrn can hope for, and the best that we can hope for them, is that they can escape their cult's environment once they're old enough.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
All man can do is try to live his faith best he can and try to witness and teach it best he can. Whatever his failures or successes are will be his own.
No, they says "It's SATAN'S fault!"
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> But I felt compelled to clarify that nobody has driven anyone from Jesus. That is simply an excuse.
How would you know? Do you own your own personal jet to fly across the country to interview people? Maybe a time machine?
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>That is simply an excuse. And when people who say that have posts and posts just filled of things demonizing faith and Christianity and the Bible then surely they were capable of making their own decisions and are not blaming others for why they don't believe correct?
People accept or reject your jesus based on the examples set by the "true" believers.

Even without my family's tradition, I would be disinclined to join the christian cult, based on the examples so many of its followers set.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#508879 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure everybody remembers you saying it IANS
Why can't you ever stand behind your words?
Last time I searched and found your old posts and you continued to ask for them as I posted them over and over again. I am not playing your distraction games. I know people remember what you said and now you are clearly lying to cover up for your past lies
Let me refresh your failing memory. You claimed you gave 10 percent of your earnings to your church and said you did the math and realized how much money it would have cost you over the years and what you saved by quitting the church allowed you to retire early. You said you preferred that option over giving the money to a church where the money was just being taken by the priest for him and his kids and let them get a job if they want money.
You painted a clear picture of theft and misappropriation. You scoffed at the idea of any church using their funds for operating costs and expenses.
So once AGAIN, why did you pay 10% of your income to a church where you knew the priest was stealing the money? Are you that stupid or did you make up that lie and false accusation because you wanted it to look like all churches are corrupt?
But clearly
Your memory is very, "self imposing", meaning you extrapolate what you think was said in a conversation - and then as far as you are concerned - that is what was said.

You aren't sure exactly what was said. I know this from interacting with you before.

When we were in discussions about incest etc., you did it continually.

I spent almost as much time reminding you what I did say to you and correcting what you thought I said - as was spent on the subject we were discussing.

There were many times I had to utilize:

"No, this is what I said" "I didn't say that"<(something similar to those phrases)<(just to avoid another debacle)<(because it's happened before)<(numerous times)<(with you).

Some examples of my relies back to you when you misunderstood what was said:
scaritual wrote:
I feel I must be very descriptive in order to avoid what happened with you before. The issue was with you and not grasping what was plainly said.
scaritual wrote:
Back to the same thing, huh? Just read whatever you like into what I said, and ignore what I did say.

No, I didn't mention raping children.
scaritual wrote:
I think you should carefully consider and read what a person responds to you with, and don't place your personal spin upon what was said. Think about it. I mentioned nothing about rape, pedophilia, gays, etc.. and yet you mentioned all of those topics and didn't notice I specified >>"once they reach adulthood"<<, and >>consenting adults<<.
scaritual wrote:
You needn't go off on some tangent that is completely off mark and then run with whatever dreaded and/or feared imaginary situation you've got brewing in that noggin.

You really can't blame me for being frustrated and somewhat irate with this exchange so far.
Those are all from one day>>from a few posts>>to you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508880 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It costs quite a bit more actually
The appeals and separate housing are part of that cost
And before someone suggests eliminating or reducing the appeals or process that stands between a state-sanctioned execution and an inmate they ought to consider things like the moratorium put on the death penalty in states like Illinois where over half the inmates on death row were found to be innocent
There also was not DNA testing for a long time, evidence was not properly maintained for DNA testing to be done, and in many cases even when it is available the judge will not allow testing to be done.
In cases where it has been done...
"There have been 303 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the United States."
http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/Facts...
And there the labs have no government oversight. There is no mandatory training and often these labs serve as an arm of the prosecution. There have been entire forensic labs shut down because the forensics experts have lied on the stand about the results, have testified to the guilt despite the tests actually proving the defendant's innocence, and have claimed results of testing that would have required equipment to run the tests that the lab does not even own.
I just did a quick search and one article worth reading is the following
Crime Labs in Crisis: Shoddy Forensics Used to Secure Convictions
https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/displayArticl...
Then add to it the disproportionate amount of minorities that the death penalty was sought
This no longer is simply an issue of morality or what as a society do we want to project as our standard. It is no longer longer about, do we murder those who kill and rape those who rape and beat those who assault and so forth and consider that justice. Granted it is subjective and also on a case-by-case basis where i have different sympathies IF there was some way of knowing for sure a person was guilty. But we can't even do that a lot of the time. A wrongful conviction can't be over-turned if someone is dead
As a society is it worth killing innocent people just to be able to kill people who are guilty by killing them all? I say NO
I used to work with a guy that just got released from prison after a 8 year stretch.

I'll never forget what he said and how disgusted I became with our "justice" system.

He said, "You can get everything in prison that you can get on the outside. Everything but pussy. Even the drugs in prison are better than on the street. It ain't do bad in there."

F_ck em all.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#508881 Mar 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are responsible for your own spiritual journey, as is every individual
I might concede in some worse case scenarios the actions of man might damage the faith of another if the damage occurred during their formative years. But we are all adults. 99% of the time man has no ability to drive anyone from Jesus and quite frankly has little ability to drive someone towards
All man can do is try to live his faith best he can and try to witness and teach it best he can. Whatever his failures or successes are will be his own. And this hold true for all men, including those who decide to abandon their faith or for those who reject Christ
What you decide to do is your business. I am not judging you on it or trying to bring you into the fold so-to-speak. Once you make your decision, which is yours to make, then that is the end of it. But I felt compelled to clarify that nobody has driven anyone from Jesus. That is simply an excuse. And when people who say that have posts and posts just filled of things demonizing faith and Christianity and the Bible then surely they were capable of making their own decisions and are not blaming others for why they don't believe correct?
So if you feel Christians are not acting as their faith instructs, while I assume Christians don't care if those who bash the faith now think they are living up to it, that is still well within your right to comment on. And there may even be times when the hypocrisy or failure to live as we are instructed is legitimate. There are times I certainly fail to live as I should and I own that. But nobody has driven anyone from Christ. Each person has chosen to reject Christ on their own. To blame that decision on others...well, I think it is clearly a rationalization and an excuse. Perhaps your intent simply was to insult and was not trying to blame others but that is what a statement like that is doing
If anyone stops believing in God because they don't like how other men are acting then with all due respect that person is foolish. One has nothing to do with the other. God is God and man is man. God existing has nothing to do with how man acts or specifically how any one believer may act. If someone truly believed that then they would use that same process in reverse and believers who acted as Jesus instructed would drive unbelievers into the arms of Christ
Sorry about the long reply but I have seen this a lot and feel it needs to be addressed. Nobody has driven anyone from Christ. They chose to reject him. That is simply the facts
(T) Peace
Tell it to this clown:
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>"religious hate"..........you hypocrite, I am not sensitive to you, because I see you for what you are, I actually pity you after bI have surpressed the natural feeling of first laughing at you before the spirit showed you to me and then IU begun to really feel sorry for you, you are no believer IN Christ, you don't have his spirit and therefore you don't have peace in your heart, and I DO pray form you. <end quote>

He is driving people away from his religion, and I hope he continues. He is his own worst enemy, he is his religion's worst enemy, and he is his god's own worst enemy, and he's too godfuckin'damned stupid to realize it.

Perhaps you can explain it to him, if you aren't too afraid of him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508882 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Then expedite their execution. Get em to God quicker. They don't deserve to live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aura Mytha 56,197
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min truth 650,595
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 29 min Neville Thompson 448
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 34 min Life in Leyland 445,931
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,081
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 44,973
>>> He's Right You Know 1 hr DamNation 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr bad bob 182,967
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Hangman 971,867
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Thu kobechi3 71
More from around the web