Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#508557 Mar 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental illness...suicidal thoughts...many other afflictions are kept secret out of shame and embarrassment...not only those afflicted but by their families. As long as we "hide" or refuse to discuss we are lending to and not resolving the problem.
One of the things that I have experienced is having someone depend on me to solve their problems...make things better...make me the one to create joy once again. It was an impossible task...it also sucked the life out of me...always having to be responsible for someone elses life...at least that is how I felt.
It ended tragically in suicide...leaving me feeling as if I had not done enough...wondering what I could have done differently.
It took a long time...years...for me to realize...I did all that I could...that I was not responsible.
I live in the middle of a fairly good size city...many homeless walk the streets...I can watch them from my balcony. A portion of those homeless obviously suffer from mental illness...my heart breaks for them...I am sure that at some point in their lives they were vibrant contributing members of society. Now they walk along...looking at watches where there is not watch...talking on phones that either aren't there or have no service...sitting in the middle of an intersection changing their socks while traffic zooms by them. My heart breaks because there will probably never be any help for them.
I applaud you Boots for standing up and seeking help.
Hope that you enjoy the rest of your vacation!
I enjoyed today and saw a whale from a distance. The second time this vacation and something that is very rare here. My wife was born here and lived her first 20 some years here, but claims she never heard of whales being seen near here when she lived here.

Sadly we have 5 nights left near the sea, then a few nights a few miles inland at her sister's home before we fly back to Canada. We have been here as long or longer than our summer holidays were when we were kids, and they seemed to last forever, whereas it seems like only a few days to us now.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#508558 Mar 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that response, AnnieJ, and there are others passing through here who, based on my rather vast experience with having or seeing symptoms of mental illness, are experiencing them now, though they may not know they are, or even if they have been told they are, will deny it.
Mental illness was considered very negatively for most of human history. When you spend time in rehab with police, doctors, teachers, ministers, and people from all backgrounds and walks of life, who suffer mental illnesses, you gain a new understanding.
When you have it explained to you that some mental illnesses are an actual change in the chemistry of the brain, which can be overcome by providing the proper medications, but can't be fixed by just willing it away (or praying), then being mentally ill does not seem to be something that anyone should be ashamed of. It is an illness like any other than one has contracted, often due to traumatic experiences, but still are a change in the body which the person cannot control.
I spent many years doubting that depressed people were really depressed, but assumed they were just being difficult because they had nasty personalities. Becoming almost totally immobilized by depression certainly opened my eyes to how wrong I was in thinking that way.
I know what you mean ~ I had a neighbour/friend who had agoraphobia, and couldn't go through her front door. It took years for her to get over it, but she did. Somehow it might have been relative to the harmony of the home because there was none, and she ended up leaving everything behind and moving interstate.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#508559 Mar 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I, too, don't understand the behavior.
It happens though.
"In 1861, two eight-year-old Stockport boys were tried for the murder of a toddler."
(...)he body of the two-year-old boy who had been found the previous day, suffocated, with his face in the water of a brook, his unclothed body brutally beaten.(...)
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainme...
It isn't just confined to the current era(S), however, we just forget those instances in the past where children have murdered other children and adults.
When it happens in this day, we think it must be something new and heretofore unheard of .
For several years I worked with troubled kids...5th through 8th grade. They were the kids that couldn't somehow manage to fit in to the "normal"...as we might define normal. Their lives were normal for them.

They were labelled "bad" from day one and they lived up to what was expected of them. No one wanted to deal with them...just pass them off to someone else.

I had a brother and sister in my classroom that were born to a crack addicted mother...she ended up in prison and the father disappeared. They were handed off to an alcoholic aunt who ended up destroying herself so much she became institutionalized. That left a boy friend to take care of them. He did the best of them all...he took care of them.

I had a fourth grader that had been picked up 3 times for auto theft. A 6th grader sent to a correctional boot camp for a year. Another child that had tried to stab his mother and choke his younger brother to death.

Help for these children is scarce...most left to their own devices.

However...for me...the most troubling were the children that came from homes that there was no excuse...other than the parents did not make them accountable for their own actions...made excuses for them. They thought society owed them. They stepped all over everyone to get what they wanted.

Some children are born (IMO) with some type of mental disorders...most however (IMO) it is lack of parenting. Too many reasons to even name them all. sigh

Okay...I could go on forever on this subject...it was the most stressful job that I have ever done.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#508560 Mar 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing I have done in recent years, rather than hiding what has happened to me, I tend to be very open about it. I have been told by some that I am too open about it, however, when I am, that is what I choose to do at the time. Thanks for your comment.
My pleasure Booooots, it is my view that we are in here for a purpose and we are getting to know each other, merely how we present ourselves. Being up front and honest is a good thing, although it can indeed bring about criticism. Don't worry too much about the critics, and you will find there are plenty who care in here :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#508561 Mar 23, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had depression. You have a very healthy attitude :)
It is good to get it out in the open ~ I know someone else who is on the roller coaster ride of depression and he will only communicate or socialise when he is 'happy'. He is not really fighting it, but is a long term gambler, and now he is too old to get an income to gamble away. It is hard for him to come to terms with it all..... and is still gambling.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#508562 Mar 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.
<quoted text> Yeah, well, that's a huge subject in and of itself; The revenue/economy generated and supported by crime in the U.S.
That extends to wars etc.., too, as you're aware of.
Well, it seems we are pretty much on the same page.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508563 Mar 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Amen :)
You know Serah I come in here and read peoples opinions.
Then I just start counting all my blessings and some I count twice when I think what people face.I find myself super richly blessed.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#508564 Mar 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter has a good friend, who she worked with, traveled with, had as an attendant at her wedding, who is from a Sikh family, though I have only seen her, not other family members.
As for keeping one's hair, I wonder how they deal with the fact that all people lose hair daily, and that over one's lifetime, one will not necessarily have the same hair that one was born with. I do realize that some people have won records (Guniness, etc) for having grown exceptionally long hair, so I guess you don't lose all of your hair.
I didn't realise they didn't have their hair cut until I googled it...... we are never too old too learn :)

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#508565 Mar 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I know PW ~ and we have tried to keep it that way, and failed. It is as it is, and I do care. Most children have all the mod cons that connect them to the 'real' world, and it would be hard for any parent to deny their children and make them the odd ones out. The Amish lifestyle also has its problems, and they have tried to keep it free of the issues of today. But you are right, and this is a thread about why should JESUS loves us, and it is up to as, as individuals, to present ourselves in the best way possible, to be loved in return. IMHO :)
That was a good series on the dear Amish folk!
~~smile~~ Bless them too.

I don't deny what the children have in the real world they have to live in. The technology like all things - has it's positive and negatives - of that, no-one can blame them for any results.

But Ja... think I just said enough in Tides post?
Guess it is hard for many to grasp such different cultures outside of their own. And that's what makes you and I contrasting...
Like I said...
I live in 2 ~~grin~~ One is considered 'primitive' the other 'educated'.
It gives a different perspective.

Thanx again for sharing.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#508566 Mar 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Serah.
Enjoying the last days of a loved-ones journey, here on this earth is both very precious and tender to our hearts, enjoying Each and every moment, when moments is all we have.
We then wish we had spent more quality time with them--we learn, so now we could DO this with our loved ones that are still with us. Life is so very short on this earth, But everlasting life is within our reach! Thank You Lord
Yes ~ I have had so many thoughts about what should have been done..... but am very thankful for the thoughts of what were done :) Thank You Lord, in Deed

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#508567 Mar 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
No Morals, No respect for themselves or others, No values to live by or guidelines for teaching our own, No reality, just fake love, pretend love , no Hope , Godless homes, no awarness of goings on,
no sacredness of Marriage and Home life, homeless, disasters, and the list could go on and on.
We must be aware, continue to stand up for Righteousness , and Prayer.
Pray like we have never prayed before. Pray without ceasing.
You can waste your life praying like you have never prayed before, or alternatively you could shut up and go do something about the things you find wrong with the world. Just stay away from doing things to people that is taking away their human rights.
Adam

Germany

#508568 Mar 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You are more than welcome to show me where.
So far you have failed to do that...but have not spared any accusations...that is the sign of a deceiver...especially in that you have not made one single post that wasn't primarily character assassination...which is what I was addressing in the first place, and I trued to do it in a gentle respectable manner.
If you continue with this character assault, I will be left with no other option except to return exactly the same, according to your traits and behavior.
Thank the stars I am not the same as you too. I would hope that people are actually better than they sometimes act in the public arena.
It people like yourself that have caused me to consider not participating in these forums any longer.
Talk to my hand.
Adam

Germany

#508569 Mar 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The Lord Jesus Christ offers ETERNAL SECURITY.....TODAY.....That may not be available......TOMORROW.
Mathews 7- 21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#508570 Mar 23, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to my hand.
Okay...

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You are more than welcome to show me where.
So far you have failed to do that...but have not spared any accusations...that is the sign of a deceiver...especially in that you have not made one single post that wasn't primarily character assassination...which is what I was addressing in the first place, and I trued to do it in a gentle respectable manner.
If you continue with this character assault, I will be left with no other option except to return exactly the same, according to your traits and behavior.
Thank the stars I am not the same as you too. I would hope that people are actually better than they sometimes act in the public arena.
It people like yourself that have caused me to consider not participating in these forums any longer.
Adam

Germany

#508571 Mar 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I just needed a laugh :)
Is that what you're trying to be?
Adam

Germany

#508572 Mar 23, 2013
Mathews 18 1-4

At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said:“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#508573 Mar 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I, too, don't understand the behavior.
It happens though.
"In 1861, two eight-year-old Stockport boys were tried for the murder of a toddler."
(...)he body of the two-year-old boy who had been found the previous day, suffocated, with his face in the water of a brook, his unclothed body brutally beaten.(...)
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainme...
It isn't just confined to the current era(S), however, we just forget those instances in the past where children have murdered other children and adults.
When it happens in this day, we think it must be something new and heretofore unheard of .
I'm not saying that it's new behaviour, just that it's incomprehensible to me to kill a child. I don't even know what to say about it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508574 Mar 23, 2013
As it was in the days of Noe so shall it be also in the days of the Son of Man.
Luke 17:26

In the days of Noah God saw the wickedness of man was great in the earth and every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually and the earth was fill with violence.
Genesis 6:5-11

The field is the world;the good seed are the children of the Kingdom;but the tares are the children of the wicked one;the enemy that sowed them is the devil.Let both grow together until the harvest and in the time of the harest I will say to the reapers,Gather ye together first the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them.
Matthew 13:38,39,30

In the last days perilous times shall come.
2 Timothy 3:1

Evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse deceiving and being deceived.
2 Timothy 2:13

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#508575 Mar 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
For several years I worked with troubled kids...5th through 8th grade. They were the kids that couldn't somehow manage to fit in to the "normal"...as we might define normal. Their lives were normal for them.
They were labelled "bad" from day one and they lived up to what was expected of them. No one wanted to deal with them...just pass them off to someone else.
I had a brother and sister in my classroom that were born to a crack addicted mother...she ended up in prison and the father disappeared. They were handed off to an alcoholic aunt who ended up destroying herself so much she became institutionalized. That left a boy friend to take care of them. He did the best of them all...he took care of them.
I had a fourth grader that had been picked up 3 times for auto theft. A 6th grader sent to a correctional boot camp for a year. Another child that had tried to stab his mother and choke his younger brother to death.
Help for these children is scarce...most left to their own devices.
However...for me...the most troubling were the children that came from homes that there was no excuse...other than the parents did not make them accountable for their own actions...made excuses for them. They thought society owed them. They stepped all over everyone to get what they wanted.
Some children are born (IMO) with some type of mental disorders...most however (IMO) it is lack of parenting. Too many reasons to even name them all. sigh
Okay...I could go on forever on this subject...it was the most stressful job that I have ever done.
>>>Annie J<<<
You can go on forever... The planet needs folk like you... Take Care!
~~hugs~~ Sister Friend

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#508576 Mar 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You know Serah I come in here and read peoples opinions.
Then I just start counting all my blessings and some I count twice when I think what people face.I find myself super richly blessed.
Keep counting lil sister... It seems many have to lose a blessing to know one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min X Pendable 284,720
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min lightbeamrider 88,507
The Future of Politics in America 30 min It aint necessari... 305
Who needs drugs in dundee?? 51 min DundeeDank 1
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Bongo 279
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 665,593
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Unruh 977,504
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 11 hr truth 696
More from around the web