Why Should Jesus Love Me?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#508514 Mar 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin Cap;
How about you tell me about that drawing Jesus did in the sand.
Was alot of code talk as I call it down thru the walk of time.
I see hostility growin by the day in this world and I think of it is just a mark of the times.Society is mentally ill and seem folks are blind.
On the morning news out here a two teenagers walked up to a woman with a baby in stroller wanted her money(robbery).They shot the baby in the head and the mother in the leg.Yep one wonder just how sick people in this world have to get.Seems they lost all value of themselves.
No Morals, No respect for themselves or others, No values to live by or guidelines for teaching our own, No reality, just fake love, pretend love , no Hope , Godless homes, no awarness of goings on,
no sacredness of Marriage and Home life, homeless, disasters, and the list could go on and on.

We must be aware, continue to stand up for Righteousness , and Prayer.

Pray like we have never prayed before. Pray without ceasing.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#508517 Mar 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Statistics are statistics.
You will have a difficult time explaining our society is progressing in morality to the mother whose totally helpless child was shot in the head, and she, who was shot in the leg.
That was a crime meant to inflict the most horrific and lasting pain one could possibly cause another human being. NONE of that had anything to do with the need to rob someone of their assets...it was purely an act of extreme hatred.
The nature of those crimes are no different today than previously...only the control is being evidenced by statistics...not the problem...That is being ineffectively handled.
Yes...statistics go out the window when something has happened to us as individuals. Makes no difference if it happens 100 times per 1000 capita or 1 time per 1000 per capita if it happens to you...it makes the world seem dark and depraved.

We say the world is getting more evil...is it??? Or are we just more aware now of those things. News used to be only 30 minutes...now it is 24 hours a day...they have to fill that with something. With the advancements in technology...we now "see" these things as they happen.

The more aware that we are of what goes on around us the more that our perceptions change...we see the world differently. Not always in a bad way though...depends on what you expose yourself to.

My words are not exactly expressing my thoughts but maybe it comes down to...we see what we look for...we find find what we search for. Most days I see the world as this beautiful backdrop for life...however...a day comes when it appears to seem ugly...usually that happens when my perspective of things is "ugly".

I am not sure that there is an effective way to handle such as the events that were described. Is there a deterrence to such horrific crimes? Is there something that we can watch for...acknowledge...address in individuals that will stop it? If there is I believe that it needs to begin in childhood...before a child's problem leads to such actions. Only in the most extreme cases though would we be able to identify a troubled child.

My son went to high school with someone that a couple of years ago has been arrested and waiting trial for the horrif murder of a young woman. When he was arrested there were some in the community along with his parents that said..."oh...he could not do such a thing".

My son was not surprised when he found out...the kid was anti-social...a loner...and had several problems at school. I won't get in to why these problems were ignored...not in the mood this morning to step on toes I guess.
Adam

Germany

#508518 Mar 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You quote scripture almost as well as your father,Satan the devil.
That was barking mad not christ like. You are just goof.You can´t even count till 3. A poor uneducated child pretend knowing the christianity. I asked you troll something before but you didn´t answer me. let´s try it again.

1+1+1=?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#508519 Mar 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I not going to argure with you if that is what you want to believe each to his own.I will say this too ya take your head out of the sand only ostriches cover up the head.Statistics is a propaganda tool.Much like a inbalanced federal budget.
Maybe fact based data is just too detailed and final for you.

How about this?

"And so, the crime knowing mind of the land, said unto the rulers; "This much I tell you, less people are perishing at the hands of mofos, less people are being ganked, the thieves cease to lose hands in the lifting of shop and home, yea, verily I say unto thee, man treats man and his neighbor better and all while the number of people have increased in the land of the eagle" - FBI Book of Transgressions 19:90 - 20:11
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#508520 Mar 23, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>

God is able fix up everything
Thank you Sir , this is very true

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#508521 Mar 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...statistics go out the window when something has happened to us as individuals. Makes no difference if it happens 100 times per 1000 capita or 1 time per 1000 per capita if it happens to you...it makes the world seem dark and depraved.
We say the world is getting more evil...is it??? Or are we just more aware now of those things. News used to be only 30 minutes...now it is 24 hours a day...they have to fill that with something. With the advancements in technology...we now "see" these things as they happen.
The more aware that we are of what goes on around us the more that our perceptions change...we see the world differently. Not always in a bad way though...depends on what you expose yourself to.
My words are not exactly expressing my thoughts but maybe it comes down to...we see what we look for...we find find what we search for. Most days I see the world as this beautiful backdrop for life...however...a day comes when it appears to seem ugly...usually that happens when my perspective of things is "ugly".
I am not sure that there is an effective way to handle such as the events that were described. Is there a deterrence to such horrific crimes? Is there something that we can watch for...acknowledge...address in individuals that will stop it? If there is I believe that it needs to begin in childhood...before a child's problem leads to such actions. Only in the most extreme cases though would we be able to identify a troubled child.
My son went to high school with someone that a couple of years ago has been arrested and waiting trial for the horrif murder of a young woman. When he was arrested there were some in the community along with his parents that said..."oh...he could not do such a thing".
My son was not surprised when he found out...the kid was anti-social...a loner...and had several problems at school. I won't get in to why these problems were ignored...not in the mood this morning to step on toes I guess.
I understand. I wish it were different, but it is not.
We are indeed products of our environment. However, we can only choose to try to better understand and change those things we find fault in. I'll just leave it at that too.

Location hidden

#508522 Mar 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I agree with much of what you said, and especially this:
AnnieJ wrote:
I think that has a huge impact on what people think they are seeing - "It's getting worse!" - when in reality things are getting better.

Data and statistics are exactly that. They don't rely on evening news broadcasts or gut wrenching stories of what happened "just down the road".

The fact is that crime in the U.S and elsewhere is beginning to decline.

We also are in a point in history where there is less war, and less death resulting from the wars that are being fought than just about ever before.

People think world disasters are on the increase and nothing has changed except our detection methods for earthquakes etc..., and being more aware of the world-wide state - at a glance - so it *seems* things are worse.

They aren't. The state of the world has become better and is getting better, but you won't see that represented when watching CNN for two hours, because you are seeing the ENTIRE world status blasted at you in a two hour block.

However, the data, and those "evil" statistics and measurable sources of information that actually do represent the population, geological/weather status of the globe, deaths due to wars, the amounts and severity of wars and peoples involved show that we're doing better.

Not worse.

It just appears worse because we're all aware of the world, globally, in a moments notice or glance.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508523 Mar 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They said on the news that the two boys were 14 and 17 years old. I don't understand that behaviour.
I can understand this type of behaviour.A crime like this screams of sick,no values,no heart.
Adam

Germany

#508524 Mar 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Very good.
Now what did it say about "dusting your feet off" when your message is not received.
There is good reason for that. You will drive those very persons farther away from the objective, and be the cause of their failure due to incessant badgering and character assassination-effectively closing their minds to any further message you might have been able to relate...not to mention, anyone else hearing such discourse will be adversely affected by that type of behavior also, and is contrary to the teachings of your Jesus.
That is how I see it...perhaps I have a better understanding of your scriptures than you...perhaps not...
If there really is a god, maybe what I have related will help you from failing in your god's eyes.
You are a crazy bird who supports sins, Nothing more.

Location hidden

#508525 Mar 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They said on the news that the two boys were 14 and 17 years old. I don't understand that behaviour.
I, too, don't understand the behavior.

It happens though.

"In 1861, two eight-year-old Stockport boys were tried for the murder of a toddler."

(...)he body of the two-year-old boy who had been found the previous day, suffocated, with his face in the water of a brook, his unclothed body brutally beaten.(...)
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainme...

It isn't just confined to the current era(S), however, we just forget those instances in the past where children have murdered other children and adults.

When it happens in this day, we think it must be something new and heretofore unheard of .

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#508526 Mar 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
@ Epi...in case you check back in.
I got me a bag of those cuties! They are great...just the right size and only 40 calories.
I am try to put fruit into my eating plan...between those and strawberry smoothies...I got it covered now.
Thanks for bringing them up!
:-)

My Hubby loves the Clementines that are out every Holiday season....I'll bet you have some great meals living so close to an open Farmers Market....I would Love that....
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#508527 Mar 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to be Honest with ourselves , and with our Children.
We have to be able to hear the Truth, and not be Blind to the Truth, even when it is our OWN child.

Some Parents just can not believe their child could EVER do such a thing, they uphold them to the very end. Then if the TRUTH does come out, that is when they see---yes their child was always different, full of anger, resentment and 'oh my God why why why.

The boy that did the Conn. school shooting, his Mother confided in several that her son went into rages and she didn't like leaving him alone. But then bought him a Gun and took him target practicing, a lot, does this make sense?---- No

It will always be someone's-- Son/daughter.

Location hidden

#508528 Mar 23, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a crazy bird who supports sins, Nothing more.
I tell you the truth...you do not like it...reply that "I" am crazy.

LOL!

I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different.
Adam

Germany

#508529 Mar 23, 2013
@ Doctor REALITY

2 John 1:9

Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Lord (Father) and the christ(the Son).

Location hidden

#508530 Mar 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I, too, don't understand the behavior.
It happens though.
"In 1861, two eight-year-old Stockport boys were tried for the murder of a toddler."
(...)he body of the two-year-old boy who had been found the previous day, suffocated, with his face in the water of a brook, his unclothed body brutally beaten.(...)
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainme...
It isn't just confined to the current era(S), however, we just forget those instances in the past where children have murdered other children and adults.
When it happens in this day, we think it must be something new and heretofore unheard of .
Pretty much what I said earlier--just in different words.
Adam

Germany

#508532 Mar 23, 2013
@Doctor REALITY

You have the nerve calling me the son of Satan?
We'll see who is really the son of Satan in the Day of Judgment.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508533 Mar 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
No Morals, No respect for themselves or others, No values to live by or guidelines for teaching our own, No reality, just fake love, pretend love , no Hope , Godless homes, no awarness of goings on,
no sacredness of Marriage and Home life, homeless, disasters, and the list could go on and on.
We must be aware, continue to stand up for Righteousness , and Prayer.
Pray like we have never prayed before. Pray without ceasing.
Really I just say it like this some people of this world are of the prehistoric genes pool.
Adam

Germany

#508534 Mar 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I tell you the truth...you do not like it...reply that "I" am crazy.
LOL!
I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different.
Your lies are more attractive than the truth. Your lies are written down there in your book.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#508535 Mar 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?
This can't be. I saw the tracks in the snow.
:)
Come to think of it-- There is !
I saw those tracks too

Location hidden

#508536 Mar 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much what I said earlier--just in different words.
Yeah, I might have misunderstood a bit.

At the same time, there are times that an illustration comes in handy.

I used to have a link to crimes committed by children that went back a few hundred years in history and it was pretty shocking in that - it looks like children do these things on occasion - it doesn't really depend on a time period or era.

Much like serial killers, it's an aberrational behavior, not an increasing or decreasing trend.

Population increases make it appear as if "there are more now than there were then".

Not proportionately.

It might even be said that with crime detection methods and those involved sciences, there might well be */more crime detected\* now than before - when - the - population - was - less.

I doubt you could support that in a comparison, but you could pose that question or observation as a valid view.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 100,158
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min RiversideRedneck 980,113
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 1 hr coco 57
Ring Payments 2 hr annaleighanne 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 10 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web