|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
That was only 2 churches from a search that I spent a whole minute on...
Thanks. They supported my suspicions, not your claim-
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You were unable to produce data to demonstrate that even one congregation in the United States spent over 7% of its funds on charity for the needy.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I didn't look for that. You asked about seeing a church audit, I showed you.
LOL. Did you think that I just wanted to see financial reports for no reason. I didn't claim or imply that church audits didn't exist on the Internet, nor even that I wanted to see such things. I assumed that self-selected congregations brave enough to publish their data would be shown to be doing good work. What was most revealing was that those hand picked examples didn't do that.

You tried. Thanks. But you helped make my case, not yours.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Don't get all weird (er) on me and conclude what "churches in the US" do based on the audits of 2 churches.
That's not a firm conclusion yet, just a working hypothesis, but one that is now strengthened considerably by your inability to produce even a single audit contradicting it. Can you find me even one church that returns over seventy percent of its collections to the needy? How about fifty percent? How about thirty percent? So far,we haven't seen one over seven percent.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
They are of value to their respective communities.
I doubt it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm not gonna waste my time trying to convinced a brainwashed person like you that churches vary. YOu've made up your mind.
Why would you? I assumed that churches vary, which is why I thought that audits of churches selected randomly would look worse than self-selected ones - or so I used to think.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"The Church", remember? You think they're all alike.
Where did you get that? As I indicated earlier, this stuff is epidemic with the faithful - changing what was said to something else just be reading and retelling it. I seem to deal with it continually, and on multiple fronts at once.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

G_O_O_D

M_O_R_N_I_N_G.....

“We write our own destiny;
we become what we do.”

~ Soong May-ling
(Madame Chiang Kai-Shek)

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Today's Prayer

Dear God, Truly blessed are the feet of those who share the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I pray for every Christian, and every Christian leader, who shares your love and gift of life with others. I pray for protection and blessing upon those lives. I pray that you will give each of us the messages that you want us to speak and nudge us through your Holy Spirit to speak at the right times and the right places. Through your power, may the world know that you are God and through our ministries, may you be glorified, souls saved, and Christians united in strength and love. In the Savior's name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging WOrds.....

God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Matthew 5:7

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey EP2
I'm 19. I'll be 20 on May 21st. I'm excited about not being a teenager any more and I'm also a little bit scared about not being a teenager.
I weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces. Black hair. Brown eyes. I'm Chinese but I was born in South Korea:)
I go to college. I have lived in China but I don't right now. My parents are medical doctors so I think I might be too but like your grand daughter, I'm not sure yet. We have some time to figure it out, right?
Hey RT.....

That would be great if you got into the Medical field also....But you are right.....You have your whole life ahead of you to make the decision. Are you parents happy practicing here in the USA? China and Korea have socilized Medicine...Don't they? And do you think it would work here?

Nice talking to you.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she talked your baby's ear almost off.:) Though I did not come from the Hills of Kentucky, the area of Canada where I was born and raised had people which would in a lot of ways be considered by outsiders as much similar to the hillbillies of Kentucky, except of course we spoke proper English.:)
Well...Grandma wasn't a hillwilliam...She was brought up in a very sheltered home. There were alot of teachers in her family. She kept track of Politics and knew everyone....:-)

Did they say "Ehh"....and "aboot" (instead of about)...:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Got to get going....

Will check back later....

:-P
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

@Serah

Come on Serah your proflie pic is just goofy. You better should kept your real pic.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, there are different definitions for the soul, mine was in a mystical or religious context ..
.. in Descartes' philosophy, the pineal gland is the seat of the soul and, even today, the gland remains intriguing in its own right and is studied scientifically. Is it a phylogenic relic, a vestige of a dorsal third eye to the spiritual world or an endocrine organ ??..
THE JOURNAL OF PINEAL RESEARCH
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.111... (ISSN)1600-079X/issues
.. when you request evidence of a deity or soul, believers are unable to form a logical argument. It would be nice if the religious had their ducks in a row and were able to point to scientific evidence of the possibility of a soul - things like OBE's, ESP, NDE's, the pineal gland and much more. Then there would be a challenging debate ..
.. without knowledge, Christians on this thread have no logical or adequate rebuttals to your arguments ..
The pineal has glandular function, but that is not unique in the nervous system. The pituitary is also part of the brain.

I think that Descartes was impressed by the pineal being unpaired. Most brain structures are paired. Check out this picture, which is the dorsal brain - the back of the neck side - with both the cerebellum and cerebrum removed. It shows the centralized, unpaired pineal at "1".

Note the right and left superior and inferior colliculi just inferior to the pineal. They are paired. The pineal might easily have been paired, but isn't. No other functioning cluster of neurons on this illustration appears unpaired, just some named creases and angles.

https://anatomia.wum.edu.pl :444/atlas/image_04be.htm

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Having trouble. The Topix software seems to have separated my link. We'll try again. If it breaks it again, and you want to see this image, please manually repair it:

https://anatomia.wum.edu.pl :444/atlas/image_04be.htm

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. as a hospice volunteer, I saw unexplainable physical phenomena during the onset of biological death ..
.. until science proves a strictly emergent brain, I have to disagree with you because there's evidence pointing in the other direction that's compounded by personal experience ..
.. currently, there's no scientific method to test what occurs after complete biological death. So, we get to wonder, stand in bewilderment, gaze at the beauty that surrounds life and, hopefully, respect the balance of everything that surrounds us ..
Actually there is a doctor who places prints of symbols facing up near the ceiling of his operating room so that the only way to see them is from above.

If a patient is able to describe the symbols after a near death experience, that would be evidence of soe non-physical aspect leaving the body.

So far, nothing.

It can't prove NDE's AREN'T real, but it could prove that they are.
Adam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

I think lesbians is the roots of the problem called homosexuality. If we accept Lesbians, then we have to accept gay guys. And that´s definitely never gonna happen with me. Don´t say never???
I will never accept them, Never.
Adam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

@Serah

Come on Serah your proflie pic is just goofy. You better should keep your real pic.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ooooh ~ I get angry when people try and blame JESUS or GOD for the starving people when we KNOW THERE IS ENOUGH FOOD TO GO AROUND for everyone. BLAME MAN(KIND) and their greed and stupidity, and put the blame where it belongs. You keep on blessing man and I'll keep on thanking GOD for HIS blessings,~ BTW.
If he can bless you, why can't he bless them as well?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but the farts are always up your nose....
How did you know Dr. Shrink and I share a bed?

Damnit! I told him not to tell anyone!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See? It's still escaping you.
Give it time to set in.
And try keeping an open mind, I know that's hard for atheists, but I have faith in you.
RR = 0

Hiding = 888.

Nice try. But the end result was never in question.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Immoral to the eyes of whom??
Human. You think single-celled organisms have morality???
If you think about evolution, it's a nasty little bitch. It is the most immoral thing possible.
And you claim your deity created it.

Do I have to continue? Can you see your logical error now?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think I understand where you're coming from. You think that if God was real, He'd just *poof* the world into existence, as described in Genesis, without all the nasties like pathogens, illnesses, wars, chaos, Star Wars I, etc.
I agree with that, ok?
Now you are getting closer to the world's top theologians. Don't feel scared, though. They aren't smarter and don't have better arguments than you.
But I don't think that's how God works, not in the slightest. I think He used his powers to create the universe and human beings are his star pupils.
Didn't you say earlier that your deity loves Him some pathogenic-death to children? If I recall correctly, it's because "all life is equal" or some such nonsense.
We are the only creatures on this planet that can go what we can. We can create marvelous wonders but we can also destroy the planet, literally.
No, not literally. Even though I don't understand your first agrammatical sentence, your second is in error. We can destroy the planet's temporary ability to sustain mammalian life, but not life. It would yet house bacteria and multi-cellular organisms that live at great depth.
I think that He used his powers to create life, billions of years ago. And He's watching His creation grow, watching it evolve, watching it struggle, watching it win AND watching it lose.
If God wanted "Heaven on Earth", He wouldn't have put in our basic needs of survival, which involves killing to survive. Every organism on this planet needs to kill something in order to survive.
If you concede a deity that does not have human morality, then I accept that is a more rational position than one claiming an all-loving deity, given the world around us.
I think as the millennia go on, humans will become more and more "in His image".
That's...uh...science fantasy.

:)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if heaven is your preferred destination, you cannot include fantasy when tapping the ovaries ..
.. so, quit imaging I've standing over a naked you with three scarves and a blindfold ..
Normally the clitoris is tapped during masturbation, not the ovaries.

:p

And maybe even the labia!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 732,223
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Charlie Sheen 259,634
Gleep 4 min andet1987 57
Snapchat couples and girls for fun 12 min Hhhotcouple 20
skype sex (Jun '13) 12 min m17asd 246
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 14 min Senecus 2,385
F 38 M 39 Ask us anything!! 28 min rey 12
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min USN Atheist 226,040
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr HipGnosis 173,227
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr seriously the ori... 538,356

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••