#508406 Mar 23, 2013
Got to get going....

Will check back later....

:-P
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#508407 Mar 23, 2013
@Serah

Come on Serah your proflie pic is just goofy. You better should kept your real pic.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#508409 Mar 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, there are different definitions for the soul, mine was in a mystical or religious context ..
.. in Descartes' philosophy, the pineal gland is the seat of the soul and, even today, the gland remains intriguing in its own right and is studied scientifically. Is it a phylogenic relic, a vestige of a dorsal third eye to the spiritual world or an endocrine organ ??..
THE JOURNAL OF PINEAL RESEARCH
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.111... (ISSN)1600-079X/issues
.. when you request evidence of a deity or soul, believers are unable to form a logical argument. It would be nice if the religious had their ducks in a row and were able to point to scientific evidence of the possibility of a soul - things like OBE's, ESP, NDE's, the pineal gland and much more. Then there would be a challenging debate ..
.. without knowledge, Christians on this thread have no logical or adequate rebuttals to your arguments ..
The pineal has glandular function, but that is not unique in the nervous system. The pituitary is also part of the brain.

I think that Descartes was impressed by the pineal being unpaired. Most brain structures are paired. Check out this picture, which is the dorsal brain - the back of the neck side - with both the cerebellum and cerebrum removed. It shows the centralized, unpaired pineal at "1".

Note the right and left superior and inferior colliculi just inferior to the pineal. They are paired. The pineal might easily have been paired, but isn't. No other functioning cluster of neurons on this illustration appears unpaired, just some named creases and angles.

https://anatomia.wum.edu.pl :444/atlas/image_04be.htm

Fennario

#508410 Mar 23, 2013
Having trouble. The Topix software seems to have separated my link. We'll try again. If it breaks it again, and you want to see this image, please manually repair it:

https://anatomia.wum.edu.pl :444/atlas/image_04be.htm

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#508411 Mar 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. as a hospice volunteer, I saw unexplainable physical phenomena during the onset of biological death ..
.. until science proves a strictly emergent brain, I have to disagree with you because there's evidence pointing in the other direction that's compounded by personal experience ..
.. currently, there's no scientific method to test what occurs after complete biological death. So, we get to wonder, stand in bewilderment, gaze at the beauty that surrounds life and, hopefully, respect the balance of everything that surrounds us ..
Actually there is a doctor who places prints of symbols facing up near the ceiling of his operating room so that the only way to see them is from above.

If a patient is able to describe the symbols after a near death experience, that would be evidence of soe non-physical aspect leaving the body.

So far, nothing.

It can't prove NDE's AREN'T real, but it could prove that they are.
Adam

#508412 Mar 23, 2013
I think lesbians is the roots of the problem called homosexuality. If we accept Lesbians, then we have to accept gay guys. And that´s definitely never gonna happen with me. Don´t say never???
I will never accept them, Never.
Adam

#508413 Mar 23, 2013
@Serah

Come on Serah your proflie pic is just goofy. You better should keep your real pic.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#508414 Mar 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ooooh ~ I get angry when people try and blame JESUS or GOD for the starving people when we KNOW THERE IS ENOUGH FOOD TO GO AROUND for everyone. BLAME MAN(KIND) and their greed and stupidity, and put the blame where it belongs. You keep on blessing man and I'll keep on thanking GOD for HIS blessings,~ BTW.
If he can bless you, why can't he bless them as well?

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#508415 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but the farts are always up your nose....
How did you know Dr. Shrink and I share a bed?

Damnit! I told him not to tell anyone!

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#508416 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See? It's still escaping you.
Give it time to set in.
And try keeping an open mind, I know that's hard for atheists, but I have faith in you.
RR = 0

Hiding = 888.

Nice try. But the end result was never in question.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#508417 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Immoral to the eyes of whom??
Human. You think single-celled organisms have morality???
If you think about evolution, it's a nasty little bitch. It is the most immoral thing possible.
And you claim your deity created it.

Do I have to continue? Can you see your logical error now?

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#508418 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think I understand where you're coming from. You think that if God was real, He'd just *poof* the world into existence, as described in Genesis, without all the nasties like pathogens, illnesses, wars, chaos, Star Wars I, etc.
I agree with that, ok?
Now you are getting closer to the world's top theologians. Don't feel scared, though. They aren't smarter and don't have better arguments than you.
But I don't think that's how God works, not in the slightest. I think He used his powers to create the universe and human beings are his star pupils.
Didn't you say earlier that your deity loves Him some pathogenic-death to children? If I recall correctly, it's because "all life is equal" or some such nonsense.
We are the only creatures on this planet that can go what we can. We can create marvelous wonders but we can also destroy the planet, literally.
No, not literally. Even though I don't understand your first agrammatical sentence, your second is in error. We can destroy the planet's temporary ability to sustain mammalian life, but not life. It would yet house bacteria and multi-cellular organisms that live at great depth.
I think that He used his powers to create life, billions of years ago. And He's watching His creation grow, watching it evolve, watching it struggle, watching it win AND watching it lose.
If God wanted "Heaven on Earth", He wouldn't have put in our basic needs of survival, which involves killing to survive. Every organism on this planet needs to kill something in order to survive.
If you concede a deity that does not have human morality, then I accept that is a more rational position than one claiming an all-loving deity, given the world around us.
I think as the millennia go on, humans will become more and more "in His image".
That's...uh...science fantasy.

:)

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#508420 Mar 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if heaven is your preferred destination, you cannot include fantasy when tapping the ovaries ..
.. so, quit imaging I've standing over a naked you with three scarves and a blindfold ..
Normally the clitoris is tapped during masturbation, not the ovaries.

:p

And maybe even the labia!

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#508421 Mar 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes the extreme confirmation bias/cognitive dissonance utilized in theism is mind boggling.
I couldn't agree more. I've not yet read someone who claims that pathogens have a right to life. That's about the most extreme position I can imagine.

Fennario

#508422 Mar 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
You want a opinion I give you a opinion.Your post reeks of I'm mad at the whole damn world.
Really? I like the world. I have always liked being of the world, what you call "worldly." I've seen a lot of it, too.
lil whispers wrote:
You do not like churches and all that they do and you do not like regilion due to fact it is involved with churches.
I'd clarity that and rewrite it if I thought that it would do any good. So I'll stipulate to that for now.
lil whispers wrote:
My opinion your doin your best to work out of your system that you feel sure does not fit.
I'd probably disagree with that if I could understand it.
lil whispers wrote:
Awee go ahead tell me to buck off or buck up or buck myself lol matter not lol not a nervious laugh but amused over your thinking.
Were you aware that you are answering a post addressed to Juice. You seem to think that those words were written to you. I wouldn't use a "bucking" joke with you. Too close to sex, which Juice can take, but which would probably cause post-traumatic stress disorder in you. You're such a delicate thing.
lil whispers wrote:
If you are a non believer fine no interperations needed on your part.
Sure there are, if I want to know what those scriptures mean to you.
lil whispers wrote:
You try to create a war that is just not there with some believers.

Nah. War is boring. I really don't enjoy bitch slapping Dim repeatedly. I just feel a moral duty to do so - tough love, you know.
lil whispers wrote:
Now you watch I bet I can sit here and watch you tear this post to sheds.
Oh my little sister, don't she'd no tears. No woman, no cry.

Why don't you just resolve to toughen up a little? It's pretty much required for dealing with people outside of church teas. The Internet is a very public place.
Adam

#508423 Mar 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Normally the clitoris is tapped during masturbation, not the ovaries.
:p
And maybe even the labia!
Would stop your perverted gossip on this thread why should Jesus love me? Here should be no room for any gayness.
Adam

#508424 Mar 23, 2013
@ HL
@ Hidingfromyou

Never look at someone with your lustful queer eyes on somebody who is not lesbian.You are disrespectful. Goddamn.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508425 Mar 23, 2013
The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.Ecclesiastes 7:8
Adam

#508426 Mar 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging WOrds.....
God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Matthew 5:7
And let your words be these:

"O Lord our God, hallowed be your holy name, your kingdom come in us, your will be done always, and as it is done in heaven so be it done in earth; give us the bread for every day, and forgive us our sins, as we forgive them that sin against us, and suffer us not to fall into temptations, but deliver us from evil, for you are alone our God, to whom pertains glory and honour for ever."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508427 Mar 23, 2013
He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.
Proverbs 18:29

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Mrs Edith Bunker 878,175
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min Insults Are Easier 3,797
Why African-Americans so ugly? 7 min andet1987 2
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 14 min andet1987 6,391
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min onemale 272,833
Hero Mom SNITCHES on COWARD son who murdered Ho... 36 min Doctor REALITY 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 7,968
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr sangili karuppan 7,623
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 603,174
More from around the web