“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#508205 Mar 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Probably a good thing ~ less scrolling :)
Ya. I see no point in continuing down the same path over and over while trying to avoid being bitten. Better to not go down that path any longer.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#508206 Mar 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
There are some weird conversations goin on...LOL....I don't know why but AJ and RR's was funny. I have never heard of "puckering string"...
:-)
Neither have I :)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#508207 Mar 22, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's try you have a mental illness then I am truly sorry for my post about you.
I am currently taking medication for two common mental illnesses, which have been totally controlled since early 1999. They are depression and anxiety, both of which immobilized me during all of 1998 and impaired me severely in 1995, such that I spent nearly 4 months in a world famous rehab centre in Canada in 1995 and 6 weeks in 1998. 1995 experience was positive for me, but I was so depressed in 1998 that the rehab experience was mainly not positive, but fortunately during that period and the following follow up with my treating doctor, I overcame it with medication.

I was however considered unable to return to work and thus through my various insurances that were available to me in Canada, and I had paid into while working, I survived on a longterm disability pension, until the end of 2011 at which time I reached 65 and went onto retirement pensions which I am also entitled to as part of our employment benefits here, along with other government subsidies, which are paid out to those whose income falls below a minimum level established by the government.

I had to come to terms with being a high achiever that based on my previous hisotry one might expect me to retire in the upper levels of my university classmates, many of whom I exceeded them in our studies, but when you are mentally ill, you have to accept that certain things won't happen.

Fortunately, I adjusted to this and found things to occupy my time such that I made a lemonade from a lemon, so to speak. If I had gone off meds (which actually I did prior to my very serious bout in late 97 and all of 98) I would likely have had a breakdown and ended up permanently in an institution.

I also was fortunate in meeting a woman born in the Caribbean but a Canadian longterm citizen, whom I married, and have spent part of every winter since then in the Caribbean and some other places. Though my income would likely prohibit most people from that much travel, I am banking on my life running out before the money does.

Prior to my current wife and after my breakup with my wife of 31 years, who is the mother of my two children, I was with another woman, and because of connections with some childhood friend of hers, we managed an almost free trip half way around the world, that I would never have otherwise.

One advantage of not working, is that one does not have to plan trips around vacation times, except I did in my first marriage and 2nd relationship, have to plan them around my partners' vacation times. Since I last worked I spent roughly 6 years each with 3 different women - my first wife, my 2nd partner, and my current wife (we celebrated our 6th anniversary a week or so ago.

I am also very fortunate in that both my children, in spite of my problems, attended two universities each, and one is now a prominent doctor working at a major hospital and the other has her masters in Social Work, and works currently as a therapist.

I may have missed your post about me, if it related to my mental state.:) Being on vacation it is somewhat more difficult to drag myself away from the sea to keep up to date with Topix. But alas all that will come to an end in 1 1/2 weeks.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508208 Mar 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
***Although scientists have long been studying the pleasure center, there hadn't been much research about how it relates to sexual pleasure, especially in women. In the late 1990s and the mid-2000s, a team of scientists at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands conducted several studies of both men and women to determine brain activity during sexual stimulation. The team used PET scans to illustrate the different areas of the brain that would light up and shut off during sexual activity. In all of the tests, the subjects were scanned while resting, while being sexually stimulated and while having an orgasm.
Interestingly, they discovered that there aren't too many differences between men's and women's brains when it comes to sex. In both, the brain region behind the left eye, called the lateral orbitofrontal cortex, shuts down during orgasm. Janniko R. Georgiadis, one of the researchers, said, "It's the seat of reason and behavioral control. But when you have an orgasm, you lose control" [source: LA Times]. Dr. Gert Holstege stated that the brain during an orgasm looks much like the brain of a person taking heroin. He stated that "95 percent is the same" [source: Science News].
http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/human-b... ***
They had a woman being hooked up to equipment testing the areas of the brain that were affected during an orgasm that the scientists were bringing on on the news the other night. Perhaps it is something they will be discussing at dinner tables, somewhere?
Very interesting.So that why men fall over like a dead rabbit and one wonders if they killed them.Makes sense to me.

Location hidden

#508209 Mar 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of "Old wives tales"....When I was pregnant with my last son I went to see the movie "The exorcist"...and when he was born his ear was folded down a little and Grandma sid "He is marked because you saw that movie"....And she said because I just had a baby I shouldn't eat Cherries (something that wasn't good for a woman taht had just given birth)...Course she is was from the Hills of Kentucky and believed in Santa till she was 15....She was a sweetheart....And could she talk your ear off....(not literally)
Maybe she talked your baby's ear almost off.:) Though I did not come from the Hills of Kentucky, the area of Canada where I was born and raised had people which would in a lot of ways be considered by outsiders as much similar to the hillbillies of Kentucky, except of course we spoke proper English.:)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#508210 Mar 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya. I see no point in continuing down the same path over and over while trying to avoid being bitten. Better to not go down that path any longer.
Yeah ~ I have learned that too :)

Location hidden

#508211 Mar 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual arousal is the point of cybersex.
Is this ok?
It's OK with me.

;-p

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#508212 Mar 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
I thought she was joking when I read that.....
Yeah, sorta.

River has a really sharp, dry wit and sense of humor, but to be sure, I wanted to respond.

Location hidden

#508213 Mar 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey EP2
I'm 19. I'll be 20 on May 21st. I'm excited about not being a teenager any more and I'm also a little bit scared about not being a teenager.
I weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces. Black hair. Brown eyes. I'm Chinese but I was born in South Korea:)
I go to college. I have lived in China but I don't right now. My parents are medical doctors so I think I might be too but like your grand daughter, I'm not sure yet. We have some time to figure it out, right?
Gee, I can almost remember when I was 19. I was that when I graduated grade 13 and started university, which seems like maybe 10 years ago, but is around 46 or so years ago. Stay young as long as you can, because once you get up into the higher numbers every day will go faster than the previous one. Years will seem like weeks.

I have a 3/4 Chinese brother-in-law, and a 1/2 Filipino son-in-law. So I now have two very attractive Oriental looking grandchildren.

Location hidden

#508214 Mar 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You're insane...... just dittoing your words to me, so don't get your knickers in a knot LOL
Don't worry. I'm not wearing any.

Location hidden

#508215 Mar 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Even with the insane?
Of course. I have nothing against insane people. I've spent some time amongst them. They get some of the best drugs.

Location hidden

#508216 Mar 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't say xxxx or xxxx here.
We don't tolerate any bullshirt!
You posted a very dirty video earlier. Very dirty indeed.

Thanks !!

:-)

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#508217 Mar 22, 2013
boooots wrote:
Maybe she talked your baby's ear almost off.:) Though I did not come from the Hills of Kentucky, the area of Canada where I was born and raised had people which would in a lot of ways be considered by outsiders as much similar to the hillbillies of Kentucky, except of course we spoke proper English.:)
I reckon we done earned a good part'a that by ne'er usin' up all them letters. They's too derned many'a them thangs. Must be fitty'a 'em by now by my figurin'.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#508218 Mar 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. I have nothing against insane people. I've spent some time amongst them. They get some of the best drugs.
Sorry if I missed a post?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#508219 Mar 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
***Although scientists have long been studying the pleasure center, there hadn't been much research about how it relates to sexual pleasure, especially in women. In the late 1990s and the mid-2000s, a team of scientists at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands conducted several studies of both men and women to determine brain activity during sexual stimulation. The team used PET scans to illustrate the different areas of the brain that would light up and shut off during sexual activity. In all of the tests, the subjects were scanned while resting, while being sexually stimulated and while having an orgasm.
Interestingly, they discovered that there aren't too many differences between men's and women's brains when it comes to sex. In both, the brain region behind the left eye, called the lateral orbitofrontal cortex, shuts down during orgasm. Janniko R. Georgiadis, one of the researchers, said, "It's the seat of reason and behavioral control. But when you have an orgasm, you lose control" [source: LA Times]. Dr. Gert Holstege stated that the brain during an orgasm looks much like the brain of a person taking heroin. He stated that "95 percent is the same" [source: Science News].
http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/human-b... ***
They had a woman being hooked up to equipment testing the areas of the brain that were affected during an orgasm that the scientists were bringing on on the news the other night. Perhaps it is something they will be discussing at dinner tables, somewhere?
You know? What a career choice!

NPR Broadcast:

<interviewer> "Yes, and just exactly what was your major at the University of Awesome Choices, Professor Whydidn I. Thinkofthat?"

<Researcher> "Well, I majored in -*Hooking women up to electronic devices to measure brain activity while having orgasm(S)*- and acquired a PhD. in that field. I also minored in -*Watching women hooked up to electronic devices to measure brain activity while having orgasm(S)*- as well..."

<interviewer> "...{clears throat, coughs..breathes...exhales..}. .. and...um...uhh .. Wh.. wh...whAT are you doing now?"

<Researcher> "Well, I hook women up to electronic devices to measure brain activity while having orgasm(S) and observe women hooked up to electronic devices measuring brain activity while having orgasm(S) at the Official Measurement Activity Methodology and acute Observation of Women Orgasming Washington Institute ... otherwise known as OMAMAAOOWOWI."

<interviewer> "...{faints}..."

<Researcher> "... Is there a Doctor in the house!?"

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#508220 Mar 22, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I blew thru early this morning and saw Serah quickly, then had to go... Sorry... >>>Lawest<<< but you were not overlooked.
I am inclined if scrolling to hold what was to me – copy to paper – and write when I can. This allows for the slowness of my injured hands, the time to check my spelling, and even learn a word or 2 more via the thesaurus. It also prevents hopefully, topix swallowing my posts... which has been further English writing practice! I had saved your shout from yesterday...
It depends what a poster feeds me if there is much to share. Your shout is always a warm reminder of 'Truths' days, and from whom I also learned much of how to approach one another. The 1st for me in a seeming chat/share site.
I have given thought to much in here, and remembered in turn -'Just Wondering'- who opened this thread for all. I also think very often of the parable of the king and the prepared wedding feast.
Luke 14
8 Then he said to his servants,‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 
9 Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 
10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 
12 ‘Friend,’ he asked,‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’ The man was speechless. 
13 Then the king told the attendants,‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen."
I believe Brother too many place themselves in the 'Chosen Basket'…
Yet who can deny the seal once it is placed ?
For JW... I have woven a fabric of this thread.
I hope she likes it.
And I hope it will be acceptable as a garment.
God Bless til again...
Good evening Irrira, I too like to do several things at a time on the 'net, you have a gentle approach here to many things that I am not sure that we all always realize or take time to appreciate.

Spring officially kicked in a couple of days ago and the weather has responded by turning quite cold here, so trying to stay warm.

Blessings my friend.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#508221 Mar 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B008J...
What'll they think of next...
Well, I'll be dipped!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#508222 Mar 22, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/nd-lawmakers-define-lif... Praise the Lord for the lawmakers of North Dakota!!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#508223 Mar 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'll be dipped!
In what?? The bottomless pit in hell after Judgement Day??

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#508224 Mar 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I guess ya git that way when ya live in a box with a crank handle on the side of it.
Lol..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min ChristINSANITY is... 831,083
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Yeah 99,343
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Michael 586,161
5 tips to increase your chances of conception 33 min tips to 1
autism (arsenic poisoning) ??? (Oct '08) 56 min dsbsnag 20
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Citren 3,028
Have you ever farted and poop came out? (Jul '09) 1 hr Encryption 33
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr The swamiji 6,442
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 442,984
More from around the web