Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#508239 Mar 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Today I want to ask Your special cover of protection and blessing upon the people who work in Children's Ministries around the world. Please continue to work through them to spiritually nurture the children under their care. Help them all to remain faithful to You, to their purpose, and to the welfare of these children. I pray also that you would weed out those who do not belong in this place of authority and ministry; those who do not have the gift or compassion and those whose motives are not pure and would cause harm. You have all the power to do what is necessary. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#508240 Mar 22, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I am currently taking medication for two common mental illnesses, which have been totally controlled since early 1999. They are depression and anxiety, both of which immobilized me during all of 1998 and impaired me severely in 1995, such that I spent nearly 4 months in a world famous rehab centre in Canada in 1995 and 6 weeks in 1998. 1995 experience was positive for me, but I was so depressed in 1998 that the rehab experience was mainly not positive, but fortunately during that period and the following follow up with my treating doctor, I overcame it with medication.
I was however considered unable to return to work and thus through my various insurances that were available to me in Canada, and I had paid into while working, I survived on a longterm disability pension, until the end of 2011 at which time I reached 65 and went onto retirement pensions which I am also entitled to as part of our employment benefits here, along with other government subsidies, which are paid out to those whose income falls below a minimum level established by the government.
I had to come to terms with being a high achiever that based on my previous hisotry one might expect me to retire in the upper levels of my university classmates, many of whom I exceeded them in our studies, but when you are mentally ill, you have to accept that certain things won't happen.
Fortunately, I adjusted to this and found things to occupy my time such that I made a lemonade from a lemon, so to speak. If I had gone off meds (which actually I did prior to my very serious bout in late 97 and all of 98) I would likely have had a breakdown and ended up permanently in an institution.
I also was fortunate in meeting a woman born in the Caribbean but a Canadian longterm citizen, whom I married, and have spent part of every winter since then in the Caribbean and some other places. Though my income would likely prohibit most people from that much travel, I am banking on my life running out before the money does.
Prior to my current wife and after my breakup with my wife of 31 years, who is the mother of my two children, I was with another woman, and because of connections with some childhood friend of hers, we managed an almost free trip half way around the world, that I would never have otherwise.
One advantage of not working, is that one does not have to plan trips around vacation times, except I did in my first marriage and 2nd relationship, have to plan them around my partners' vacation times. Since I last worked I spent roughly 6 years each with 3 different women - my first wife, my 2nd partner, and my current wife (we celebrated our 6th anniversary a week or so ago.
I am also very fortunate in that both my children, in spite of my problems, attended two universities each, and one is now a prominent doctor working at a major hospital and the other has her masters in Social Work, and works currently as a therapist.
I may have missed your post about me, if it related to my mental state.:) Being on vacation it is somewhat more difficult to drag myself away from the sea to keep up to date with Topix. But alas all that will come to an end in 1 1/2 weeks.
Thanks for sharing :)

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#508241 Mar 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread moves pretty fast. I miss a lot of posts too.
My parents got here last night. We went for lunch today. They were pretty tired so they're sleeping now. Well, I guess they're sleeping. They're in their bedroom. I'm not gonna check :)
Enjoy while you can River...
I would 'love' parents!
Adam

Germany

#508243 Mar 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back. We missed you.
I am trying to get the right balance in our societies(world).I try to collect plus points -favors instead to sin. I feel much better now.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#508244 Mar 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>:)
point taken. I believe you.
Can you say it's the same reasons your other friends are here?
Good evening Tri, how're you?

#508246 Mar 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting.So that why men fall over like a dead rabbit and one wonders if they killed them.Makes sense to me.
LOL.... I have never seen a man fall over like a dead rabbit.... but believe you :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#508247 Mar 22, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Experiencing God Day By Day:
The Unthinkable
Now as they sat and ate, Jesus said, "Assuredly, I say to you, one of you who eats with Me will betray Me." (Mark 14:18)
Surely I would never betray the Lord! Each disciple earnestly pled his loyalty to Christ. As they reclined together in the comfort and security of the upper room, in the presence of their Lord, the disciples could not imagine themselves ever wavering in their loyalty to Christ. Yet Jesus looked at them and said,“One of you who eats with Me will betray Me!” How was it possible to share such an intimate and profound moment with the Savior and then rush so quickly toward betrayal and spiritual failure?
During the intense pressures of Gethsemane and the cross, the disciples did things they never thought they would do. They had no idea how cruel and hateful the world around them would be to their Lord. Jesus had cautioned them that the world would hate them because it hated Him (John 15:18–21; 16:33). But only Jesus knew the full extent of the temptation they would face. In the pressure of the moment the heart does surprising things. Scripture had predicted Judas would betray Jesus, despite having walked with Him for over three years. But Peter, too, would deny Him, and all would forsake Him.
How quickly the surroundings of your life can shift from the security and tranquility of an upper room to the harsh reality of Gethsemane and the cross. Guard your heart. Listen now to the Lord’s gentle warning: the failure that was possible with His first disciples is also possible with you. You, too, are capable of forsaking Jesus, just as the first disciples did. If Jesus is warning you of an area in your life in which you could fail Him, heed His words today!
Good evening HFN, Anniej, How're you lovely ladies doing tonight?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508248 Mar 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen asscrack tattoos with more wisdom.
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly nor standeth in the way of a sinner nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#508249 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Catcher...don't know how you are doing on all those counts but you have certainly entertained! LOL
You might have better luck at that hero thing if you would show up in tights and a cape...please not red or blue...that has been done way to often...now I think pink would go with your complexion...maybe a few stripes and polkadots...think about it.
If I can get HL's permission, I'll show up in some of those Lululemons that have been recalled.

How's that?

#508250 Mar 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You know? What a career choice!
NPR Broadcast:
<interviewer> "Yes, and just exactly what was your major at the University of Awesome Choices, Professor Whydidn I. Thinkofthat?"
<Researcher> "Well, I majored in -*Hooking women up to electronic devices to measure brain activity while having orgasm(S)*- and acquired a PhD. in that field. I also minored in -*Watching women hooked up to electronic devices to measure brain activity while having orgasm(S)*- as well..."
<interviewer> "...{clears throat, coughs..breathes...exhales..}. .. and...um...uhh .. Wh.. wh...whAT are you doing now?"
<Researcher> "Well, I hook women up to electronic devices to measure brain activity while having orgasm(S) and observe women hooked up to electronic devices measuring brain activity while having orgasm(S) at the Official Measurement Activity Methodology and acute Observation of Women Orgasming Washington Institute ... otherwise known as OMAMAAOOWOWI."
<interviewer> "...{faints}..."
<Researcher> "... Is there a Doctor in the house!?"
I wonder what career the 'patients' have? Would they get paid for their participation? They didn't get into the nitty gritty details LOL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#508251 Mar 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.... I have never seen a man fall over like a dead rabbit.... but believe you :)
Lol think I need to zipp my lips lol while I am ahead lol.
I need to return to scripture and write something concrete.
Adam

Germany

#508252 Mar 22, 2013
Gay, gay,what exactly mean gay? Why do homosexuals call themself gay? Is it because it´s such a wonderful word for wonderful human being? Gay means..
G=Got
A=Aids
Y=YET ?
Doctor REALITY

United States

#508253 Mar 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY

United States

#508254 Mar 22, 2013

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#508255 Mar 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. as a hospice volunteer, I saw unexplainable physical phenomena during the onset of biological death ..
.. until science proves a strictly emergent brain, I have to disagree with you because there's evidence pointing in the other direction that's compounded by personal experience ..
.. currently, there's no scientific method to test what occurs after complete biological death. So, we get to wonder, stand in bewilderment, gaze at the beauty that surrounds life and, hopefully, respect the balance of everything that surrounds us ..
There is no doubt one is witness to too many tragedies.
Very tragic!

But –'on the other side'– I had an experience in Africa.
A day when walking with friends thru a park, a horrible vibe was picked up. I wouldn't leave till I felt some release. It was left there... No further discussion nor thought.

A beautiful teen in a long brown dress and long brown hair - about 18 - floated straight into my room while still wide awake, and simply said “thank you” with a warm gentle smile... and left.

Next day I went to the police station to ask about 'anything' happening in that park?
They showed me a record of 2 years earlier when a teen of 18 was murdered on the spot I mentioned.
Her photo was EXactly who I saw!

Hardly in my 'brain'?
Or...'compounded by personal experience'?
I had never known of her?

Take Care with that Volunteer work. Many hearts have to do many things others can't.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#508256 Mar 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY

United States

#508257 Mar 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY

United States

#508258 Mar 22, 2013

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#508259 Mar 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey- I wish you all the best in your relationship with Jucylu/ Lupylu..
I wouldn't behave that way online or in the RW- it seems to be working for the two of you?
So, like I said before- have at it..
You either didn't read my two posts from last night, or you simply do not
understand what I am trying to say.
It is ok.-in the minds of yourself and Juicylu/Lupylu, for her to
condemn others and call names and throw out insults whenever she
pleases.-I find her posts nasty.That's just my opinion.
She stands in strong support of two of the most bigoted sexually
obsessed posters on this thread.
-Shoot every post of Q's, as of late, has something in referance to sexual immorality..Lawlest seems to believe a woman has no place
in God's Kingdom to teach His word..His beliefs are damaging to womankind..
Neither of them respect the rights of their fellow man and both would die for their bigoted causes.
Your friend is their number one cheerleader on this thread.
So..to make a point of her blatant hypocrisy.. I used the cyber
sexting you two carry on here in this thread.
You don't have to agree w me..
but, do you at least see what I am saying??
Your problem le le is that you do not like to see people getting along with those who you personally do not like, I never said ot implied that a woman has no place in God's kingdom, the Bible teaches us that God has a role in which men and women are to fulfill in the body of Christ, and preaching the Word is not a function given to women, the Word is VERY clear on this matter and to continue to speak against me for pointing this out..........you are really railing in the face of God almighty himself, because it is HIS Word that you are attacking, not MINE.

But I understand that you have an aversion to that very Word that you claim that you are saved by.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#508260 Mar 22, 2013
Good evening LW, Serah, hope you two had a God Blessed day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Liamm 646,524
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Catcher1 48,450
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Neville Thompson 281,247
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 38 min lakraby 261
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min MUQ2 44,670
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 47 min your god is a fraud 9
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 49 min Ann Bonney 53,816
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr The Hangman 971,627
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Toby 105,571
More from around the web