“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#507998 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you have.
I have a conclusion based on the preponderance of evidence.
Let's just start with all the religions that disagree with yours - who is to say yours is correct over theirs when neither of you have any evidence whatsoever to support your position?
On the other hand, your ability to believe in an imagined reality is an adaptation, produced by evolution - oops! Two lines of evidence suggesting that deities are fictional.
What are the two lines?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#507999 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've seen Christians confess to feeling guilty about masturbating??
I've never heard of that nonsense.
Wait a tic, "sex is a sin"?!?
Did another Christian tell you that?
LMAO!!
Gimme a break.
Yeah, I have. It floored me. You Christians have that believe in ... what's public confession called again? Well, he publicly confessed to his masturbation sins. I was embarrassed for him.

So sex isn't a sin for you? If you don't feel that way, awesome! Then you're not hurt by that.

I know plenty of Christians who "know" that sex is sinful, especially outside of a marriage.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508000 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the product of evolution. Has nothing to do with imagined beings.
Which is the opposite of what you must believe if you believe in a perfect creator. Otherwise, you're saying "my perfect creator isn't perfect."
No, I'm still saying that a perfect creator doesn't have to create a perfect creation. Don't mix up my words.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508001 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So...for you, a perfect timepiece should breathe? That's a measure of perfection in clocks for you?
For me, it's that they tell time.
No, it was an example that escaped you.

God created humans but we aren't like Him.

Humans created clock but they aren't like us.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#508002 Mar 22, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexual relations as you call is not the same as heterosexual relation. Heterosexuals couples produces children gays only diseases.Itīs such a shame that you wonīt understand. Homosexuals produces nothing but a big shit. they donīt live in monogamous relations they spring from one bed to another. More than hetero couples. The spread of HIV and AIDS was carried out by the transfer from gays to bisexual and went finally over to the normal ppl.
You are a fantastic representation of what "bigot" means. Some of the people here need to read you, just so they're clear on what a bigot actually thinks and writes.

Thanks for the example.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508003 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of Christian culture, you can masturbate because you want to.
You're ignorant of this.

Inside of Christian culture you can masturbate, too.

There's nothing in the bible that talks about masturbation. Nothing at all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508004 Mar 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So...if you had to choose between the life of a flesh eating bacteria or one of your kids, you would just flip a coin?
C'mon, RR.
Try to think before you type.
Oh give me a break, dude.

Don't be such an idiot.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#508005 Mar 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Although you are not currently eligible for membership in the Holy Church of Catcher (you must do penance first), you are free to attend one of our happy hours.
You may become addicted to what you refer to as paganism.
Sorry, but the Howling Chirp of Catchup ain't my thang.

CS.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508006 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I have. It floored me. You Christians have that believe in ... what's public confession called again? Well, he publicly confessed to his masturbation sins. I was embarrassed for him.
So sex isn't a sin for you? If you don't feel that way, awesome! Then you're not hurt by that.
I know plenty of Christians who "know" that sex is sinful, especially outside of a marriage.
WTF?

Public confession?? Christians don't do that, well maybe Catholics but they're weird. Christians confess to Jesus, not to man.

And no, sex is not a sin. Adultery is, unmarried sex is, but sex with your spouse is encouraged & healthy.

It is only sinful outside of marriage. Any person that tells you otherwise is ignorant.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#508007 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of Christian culture, you can masturbate because you want to.
As I am sure that most humans do even those of a faith based religion. I believe it to be as natural as scratching your butt when it itches!

What amazes me about humans...is that we find the natural instincts of our bodies to be so taboo. We are embarrassed by the very functions that we all (well maybe there are some exceptions) experience.

Some of those natural functions might not be dinner conversation but I am just not sure why, how or when we as humans decided that some topics are to be kept under lock and key.

I came from a family where the word "sex" was only whispered and then only if there was no one of the opposite sex or no children within hearing distance. I am not talking about explicit sexual conversations...just the word "sex" all on its own. My sister (who is older than I am) still will lower her voice when discussing anything that pertains to a humans body.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508008 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Of course some life is more important than other life!
Why?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508009 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be clear: your argument is that a single pathogenic cell is as important as a child's life.
And you get this idea because you believe in a perfect creator?
Not just a child, but an adult too. Or a plant, a 6 celled organism or an elephant....

I feel bad for the animal life that humans kill just so we can exist. It's not right.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#508010 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh*
God did create a perfect reality, Eden.
Pathogens are a result of evolution, like humans are. I believe that God is responsible for setting evolution in place.
Then His imperfect humans changed all that because He allowed us to change it.
You cannot conclude that a deity does or does not exist. You can only express your opinion on it.
I can conclude anything I like. That doesn't mean you should accept my conclusions. Not even if I base them on evidence :p Further, your last sentence has nothing to do with the rest of your post. So I call nonsequitur and get 10 points :).

Actually, we can conclude that certain deities don't exist. You and I both agree that Quetzalcoatl doesn't exist and never did - mainly b/c it's worshipers are all dead, but also because Quetzalcoatl is just a stupid idea, one that existed to bring its religious leaders power.

The real problem you face is in showing how your deity is any different.
=======
Yes, all things are the result of evolution. That strongly suggests moral deities don't exist (b/c evolution produces things like pathogens; and only works via death. Evolution isn't moral).

Eden is a religious fiction, not a reality. If it's a reality, present the evidence.

We both know Eden is just a story, a metaphorical teaching to a religious people. And it's full of silly logical impossibilities, if you assume an all loving, knowing, powerful deity.

Remember that you claimed God wanted people to have knowledge? But in Genesis, He quite clearly states He doesn't want people to have knowledge.

And He's not that all-knowing in the story. Nor all powerful, since a serpent bests Him. Unless you are presupposing that God Created Eden specifically to entice Eve to eat the apple, because God actually wanted them both to fall. Really, if you believe in an all knowing, all powerful deity, that's your only option.

And that kind of makes God not-moral. I mean, why the fakery? Why all the sneaking? Just start with humans on the planet, go from there.

Was it just to explain pregnancy in women? Just to explain how bad things happen to otherwise good people? Just to explain what ancient tribal people couldn't understand so long ago?

Yup.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#508011 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that there is a difference between a soul and a spirit(not some mystical being floating around out here) but spirit as it applies to an individual?
.. in the context of the human and universal spirit, yes ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508012 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This post of RR's is what caught my attention about this conversation. I am not sure what to think or how to respond to it. I was hoping that he would further explain himself.
<quoted text>
I'm just not that hung up over humans to think that we have every right to exist but other life doesn't.

I get so pissed when I hear about shit like a court decides to kill a dog because it bit the mailman, but the asshole that buses his animals only gets a fine.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#508013 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh give me a break, dude.
Don't be such an idiot.
Me?!

After that statement of yours?!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#508014 Mar 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you have rather I say; the wile and hungry cornish hen?
No, I would rather you quoted Robert Ingersoll:

"The old lady who said there must be a devil, else how could they make pictures that looked exactly like him, reasoned like a trained theologian -- like a doctor of divinity."

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#508015 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
As I am sure that most humans do even those of a faith based religion. I believe it to be as natural as scratching your butt when it itches!
What amazes me about humans...is that we find the natural instincts of our bodies to be so taboo. We are embarrassed by the very functions that we all (well maybe there are some exceptions) experience.
Some of those natural functions might not be dinner conversation but I am just not sure why, how or when we as humans decided that some topics are to be kept under lock and key.
I came from a family where the word "sex" was only whispered and then only if there was no one of the opposite sex or no children within hearing distance. I am not talking about explicit sexual conversations...just the word "sex" all on its own. My sister (who is older than I am) still will lower her voice when discussing anything that pertains to a humans body.
It's not cross-cultural in that all humans have the same dislikes and find the same bodily functions embarrassing. Culture are very, very different with respect to what's socially acceptable and what's not.

And thanks for the story - that's a great glimpse into an American family. Probably not indicative of all families, but I would guess more normal than not.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#508016 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just a child, but an adult too. Or a plant, a 6 celled organism or an elephant....
I feel bad for the animal life that humans kill just so we can exist. It's not right.
How awful, us and our sewer systems!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508017 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whew, that seems strange to me.

When I was very young, my brothers and I would use the word "pee-pee", like "Ouch! He kicked me on the pee-pee!!!!"

I guess one day, when I was about 5, my dad got sick of hearing that word. I'll never forget what he said (cuz we felt like we were free to use a "bad word"). He said, "Damn it, boys. I'm sick of hearing that word, stop saying it! From now on, you say the word 'dick'!!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min BenAdam 816,828
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 7 min Freebird USA 9,205
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Seentheotherside 578,520
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 38 min Swag 90
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 44 min Atheists Need Lies 69,876
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min onemale 269,961
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 39,928
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 97,935
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 23 hr THE BIG SHERIFF 16,484
More from around the web