Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#507984 Mar 22, 2013
Homosexual relations as you call is not the same as heterosexual relation. Heterosexuals couples produces children gays only diseases.Itīs such a shame that you wonīt understand. Homosexuals produces nothing but a big shit. they donīt live in monogamous relations they spring from one bed to another. More than hetero couples. The spread of HIV and AIDS was carried out by the transfer from gays to bisexual and went finally over to the normal ppl.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#507985 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a biologist...but I know how to google! LOL
This site says this...
http://www.malariasite.com/malaria/history_pa...
Man and Malaria seem to have evolved together.
While wiki states this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_malar...
What I found interesting was that both sites date malaria at around the same time that humans were created.
I haven't read in depth so I don't know how that was determined...not any type of scientist at all...well except when I bake.
The history of malaria predates humanity, as this ancient disease evolved before humans did.
Btw, plasmodium existed before humans, but the kind of malaria that affects humans only evolved around 12 000 years ago, about the same time as people began farming.

It evolved because we altered the landscape. The most interesting part of malaria is that where it is worst, humans evolved genetic counter measures.

The clearest example is the sickle-cell anemia. More interested genetic adaptations exist though, such as the G6PD-deficiency and the gene for the inability of Asians to metabolize alcohol. Both are protective against malaria.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#507986 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think any life is more important than another.
I find it strange that you do.
Baloney.

I'll be you'd swat a fly, or step on a bug, ending their life instantly, without a second thought.

But you wouldn't do that to a bunny rabbit, or a puppy, let alone a little baby.

You're a weird guy, RR.

You say the strangest things.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#507987 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
What I found interesting was that both sites date malaria at around the same time that humans were created.
I haven't read in depth so I don't know how that was determined...not any type of scientist at all...well except when I bake.
Humans weren't "created" 12 000 years ago. Our ancestors started farming in earnest at that time - and altered the landscape to do so.

Irrigation creates pools of water, clearing forest land for farmland creates standing bodies of water, farming communities are sedentary - and they rely upon and create standing bodies of water, all of which are used by mosquitoes. The plasmodium uses the mosquito to get us, as does dengue fever.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#507988 Mar 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. like all scientists, Parnia has an agenda - publish or perish. Trifecta has confirmation bias ..
I have the suspicion Parnia's ultimate goal may be to debunk the entire NDE/OBE phenomenon, at least as far as medically supported avenues.

That's just my take.

During these discussions, I've checked out a couple lectures he has given, read a few things here and there, and to me, in my opinion, I think he certainly looks to some sort of verification, but I think his rational mind is on the side of no scientific legitimacy for the event(S)- and to be honest, it appears that is where the evidence is actually pointing.

A brain/electric impulse/chemical process that exists for some time after a flat line, but that process has an eventual and definite end - complete, irreversible death.

One thing I do think is happening here, is this research is expanding or helping to expand death timeline resuscitation techniques and knowledge of the limits involved medically.

It's a classic example of science in action; A hypothesis is formed - involving a fringe idea/belief/possibility - but worthy of investigation - research and experimentation or data gathering is performed, a theory evolves, and ultimately the discipline will be enhanced as a result.

For some reason trifecta thinks that atheism is innately tied to death/casket/worms/over. Finis.

Okay, so, let's look at what the stories surrounding the NDE do present.

On examination, there doesn't seem to be any sort of "heaven"(Abrahamic mythology etc..) event - or any recognizable deity afterlife belief currently imagined by man.

So, if there is some sort of continuance after our life, it doesn't appear to fit any outline held within theism.

I'm not sure why trifecta thinks that alters the atheist and not having a theistic deity belief.

Atheism doesn't speak to but one thing; Deities and the lack of theistic belief they exist.

Atheism has nothing to do with death, beaver dams, go carts, milk prices, or why vultures hang out in a tree in the woods behind your house...

If you get me.

Personally, I think the end result of the research will be that NDE's etc., will just be the last vestiges of awareness of a dying brain.

The "control center" in the last stages of shutting down.

<lights out, door closes, a neuron hangs a sign in the window *Closed for Business*, the faucet drips one last time....silence>

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#507989 Mar 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you.
So.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#507990 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So...if you had to choose between the life of a flesh eating bacteria or one of your kids, you would just flip a coin?

C'mon, RR.

Try to think before you type.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#507991 Mar 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, free will is the ability to make choices.
It's overly anthropomorphic to ascribe such an ability to nature, wouldn't you say?
And for those here who like country music, ascribe means attribute. Or, well, ok never mind.
We have rules, and thank goodness for that, or your type of 'Free Will' would get us all killed.

Shalom.

Counter_Strike.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#507992 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You seriously believe that a single celled organism is as important as a human life?

Alright. Stop using soap. Every time you use soap, you kill thousands and thousands of single celled organisms.

Also, stop everyone you know from using antibiotics - that stuff kills life. Make sure you let your feet get moist, so that you get athlete's foot - that's life right there, growing on your foot.

Oh, and start eating raw pig and ingesting dirt so that you can harbor parasites - you seem to be arguing that they have a "moral right" to the resources you are tying up in your body.

Of course some life is more important than other life! Why would you ever imagine that single celled organisms are as important as fully conscious human beings?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#507993 Mar 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were doing so well, then kaboom, the wile and hungry wolf.
Dude, get real!!
What would you have rather I say; the wile and hungry cornish hen?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#507994 Mar 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>:)
point taken. I believe you.
Can you say it's the same reasons your other friends are here?
Each person is an individual, and has his or her reasons for what they do. I can only speak for myself.

And by the way, I'm not sure which posters you would identify as my "other friends."

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#507995 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be clear: your argument is that a single pathogenic cell is as important as a child's life.

And you get this idea because you believe in a perfect creator?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#507996 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I'm bothering RR with malaria is because:
1. He claims to have a perfect creator as a deity
2. But RR cannot explain why pathogens exist
My point to RR is that, if he his deity really was a perfect deity, it would have created a perfect reality. Since we do not find ourselves in one, we can only conclude that no perfect creator deity exists.
This post of RR's is what caught my attention about this conversation. I am not sure what to think or how to respond to it. I was hoping that he would further explain himself.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you call a rational argument?
Why do you think humans have more right to live than malaria?
So 800,000 humans have died, how many malaria parasites have humans killed? Quadrillions?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507997 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I'm bothering RR with malaria is because:
1. He claims to have a perfect creator as a deity
2. But RR cannot explain why pathogens exist
My point to RR is that, if he his deity really was a perfect deity, it would have created a perfect reality. Since we do not find ourselves in one, we can only conclude that no perfect creator deity exists.
*sigh*

God did create a perfect reality, Eden.

Pathogens are a result of evolution, like humans are. I believe that God is responsible for setting evolution in place.

Then His imperfect humans changed all that because He allowed us to change it.

You cannot conclude that a deity does or does not exist. You can only express your opinion on it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507998 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you have.
I have a conclusion based on the preponderance of evidence.
Let's just start with all the religions that disagree with yours - who is to say yours is correct over theirs when neither of you have any evidence whatsoever to support your position?
On the other hand, your ability to believe in an imagined reality is an adaptation, produced by evolution - oops! Two lines of evidence suggesting that deities are fictional.
What are the two lines?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#507999 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've seen Christians confess to feeling guilty about masturbating??
I've never heard of that nonsense.
Wait a tic, "sex is a sin"?!?
Did another Christian tell you that?
LMAO!!
Gimme a break.
Yeah, I have. It floored me. You Christians have that believe in ... what's public confession called again? Well, he publicly confessed to his masturbation sins. I was embarrassed for him.

So sex isn't a sin for you? If you don't feel that way, awesome! Then you're not hurt by that.

I know plenty of Christians who "know" that sex is sinful, especially outside of a marriage.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508000 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the product of evolution. Has nothing to do with imagined beings.
Which is the opposite of what you must believe if you believe in a perfect creator. Otherwise, you're saying "my perfect creator isn't perfect."
No, I'm still saying that a perfect creator doesn't have to create a perfect creation. Don't mix up my words.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508001 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So...for you, a perfect timepiece should breathe? That's a measure of perfection in clocks for you?
For me, it's that they tell time.
No, it was an example that escaped you.

God created humans but we aren't like Him.

Humans created clock but they aren't like us.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#508002 Mar 22, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexual relations as you call is not the same as heterosexual relation. Heterosexuals couples produces children gays only diseases.Itīs such a shame that you wonīt understand. Homosexuals produces nothing but a big shit. they donīt live in monogamous relations they spring from one bed to another. More than hetero couples. The spread of HIV and AIDS was carried out by the transfer from gays to bisexual and went finally over to the normal ppl.
You are a fantastic representation of what "bigot" means. Some of the people here need to read you, just so they're clear on what a bigot actually thinks and writes.

Thanks for the example.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#508003 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of Christian culture, you can masturbate because you want to.
You're ignorant of this.

Inside of Christian culture you can masturbate, too.

There's nothing in the bible that talks about masturbation. Nothing at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Oxbow 558,621
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min Lyndi 175,466
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Rider on the Storm 773,007
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min UidiotraceuMAkeWo... 4,623
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min who 264,930
Moses never existed 16 min Khatru 701
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 33 min An NFL Fan 119,606