“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#507964 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's per year, RR. 800 000 children per year.
Are you drunk? Do you hate people?
Yes, our bodies kill billions and billions of the damn things each year - every second!
So what?
You're comparing the experience of a child - a thinking, cognizant being that understands happiness and suffering - and love - and spirituality - to a single celled organism.
Do you honestly believe that a plasmodium, a thing of mathematical beauty, well designed to eat your hemoglobin, hijack your DNA, cause immense suffering and intense fever such that you're incapable of naught but lying down, is equal to a human child?
If you do, wow. Words escape me.
I don't think any life is more important than another.

I find it strange that you do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507965 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I knew you'd latch on to that. I've seen Christians confess such things.
It was strange and uncomfortable for me. And I wanted to laugh. But Christians, in many places - especially where sex is a sin - feel such things.
You've seen Christians confess to feeling guilty about masturbating??

I've never heard of that nonsense.

Wait a tic, "sex is a sin"?!?

Did another Christian tell you that?

LMAO!!

Gimme a break.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#507966 Mar 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oy!, you won't see me defending religion on this billboard. Catholicism, Christianity, Evangelical, Baptist, KKK..is all religion.
Religion corrupts and kills. Jesus railed against religious leaders. Verbally Jesus treat them the worse than anyone. So if God Son Himself was so vitriolic against religion and its leaders, nothing not change. God not change.
I blame a lot on religion and religious people for me not really taking seriously Jesus Christ for so long. Because what I see people do and they claim say they righteous, they almost made me condemn my soul and die an atheist, because buddhism is a atheistic religion.
Thank God say I had the mind to question secular humanism and atheistic beliefs, because those philosophies just never add up. And I decide to seek instead of the Christian religion, seek after the Christian God. And I was found, and I found God. And my experience with YHWH the Almighty through Jesus Christ, leave not even a shadow of a doubt who the Almighty God is.
Excellent post Mr. Trifecta 1. religion does what it was intended for....to separate, and it doesn't separate sheep from goat either, so its purpose cannot be from Yahweh. yet, while Yahweh didn't set up religion, religion serves its purpose in many ways.

1. One, Christianity starts people off on biblical studies, though unfortunately, people get stuck with a denomination of some sort.
2. It shows us how far man has fallen from the Most High One.
3. It shows that there are sincere people in teh church who do truly love Him and who want to be in His Kingdom.
4. The church, while erroneously teaching many false doctrines does steer people who are generally ingnorant in a sort of proper direction. At least it gets them thinking a lot further.

Many religion have great things about them. There adherents of Buddhism, especially the monks are most humble and charitable. The adherents of Islam are very faithful and zealous for Allah, sometimes maybe too much so. The adherents of Catholicism are very pious. those for Adventism loves the Sabbath and the Jehova's Witnesses focus alot on brotherhood and on being evenly yoked. Pentecostals focus on the gifts of the spirit especially speaking in tongues as the Hindus or at least the practicing ones appreciate life and nature. And here, I'm just giving you briefly as to what I understand of them.

All have a page in their book that many could copy, though never the entire thing. To be 'Religious' does not mean that anyone has a fruitful and faithful 'Relationship' with the Most High One. My brother, by the way; when you say YHWH, why do you use Jesus and not Yahshua (out of curiosity)?

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#507967 Mar 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
^_-
I'm raising a female Asian eyebrow.
:)

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#507968 Mar 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahahha!
I laugh at you too. You're very [lite]in science, may as well be an sociologist. And then you deny real hard scientific evidence from intellectual and scientific giants that you don't have enough credentials to shine their shoes, and you advocate for the abuse of animals to boot.
hahahaha at you too [hiding]:)
Wow.

That's gonna leave a mark.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#507969 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't criticize her for it Trifecta...I just stated my opinion is all. Please show me where I criticized LW for her posting scripture.
If you think that by someone having a different opinion is criticizing then how are we to communicate on an opinion/discussion media such as this. Why be here at all if all we do is sit around and agree on everything? What I find most informative and thought provoking is when we do differ in our opinions. How else are we to expand our perception?
true thing.

no, I'm not saying you criticized her, that secular humanist [it aint necessarily so] criticized her. I understand your point. I even said when I first came on the billboard I notice a lot of writers write the bible but don't understand it. So I get you.

All I saying is she don't have to elaborate on every verse she write. She don't have to elaborate at all if that is how she want to use the billboard. We all here for different reasons.

Since: Mar 13

Delhi, India

#507970 Mar 22, 2013
God is for every one .... one who is good to others God will be good to him ... :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507971 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a fairly good article that is one take on whether masturbation is a sin.
http://www.acts17-11.com/dialogs_masturbation...
According to this writer (well not this writer but the one that wrote the article...since we all seem to be "writer") the act in itself is not sinful but the illicit sexual fantasies that causes an individual to feel the need to masturbate.
Hmmmm
This is the scripture that the writer based his opinions from...
Matt 5:28-29 (NIV)[Jesus:] "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."
He follows up with...
"But what if no illicit fantasies are included in masturbation? Is the act then sinful? By scripture, there is nothing to indicate that it is. Specifically, if the act is done merely as a hedge against temptation and as the body requires then there is no need for the above sinful "crutches". This is hardly exciting, and a rote act of keeping the body in submission. It cannot be done often, as the body is not that demanding if left alone by a perverted imagination. On the other hand, if we attempt a pent-up self-sex life, then we find that the body needs help from the soul through illicit fantasies, and then sin is clearly being committed."
Interesting take on it...you can masturbate all you want as long as you have no illicit sexual fantasy as you do so.
Hey, good to know.

I'll uh....

....be back in a few minutes.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#507972 Mar 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I tell you that I am entertained here; that I enjoy it; that it's a great escape from my everyday life, a few moments every day to goof around.
And at the same time, I have an opportunity to state my own personal beliefs.
And to meet some cool people.
If I tell you that, will you believe me?
:)
point taken. I believe you.

Can you say it's the same reasons your other friends are here?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#507973 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A conclusion based on a lack of evidence is an opinion.
Nothing more.
That's what you have.

I have a conclusion based on the preponderance of evidence.

Let's just start with all the religions that disagree with yours - who is to say yours is correct over theirs when neither of you have any evidence whatsoever to support your position?

On the other hand, your ability to believe in an imagined reality is an adaptation, produced by evolution - oops! Two lines of evidence suggesting that deities are fictional.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#507974 Mar 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>But that is how she chooses to use the billboard.
She does not want to preach, she simply likes to write the bible on the billboard.
Maybe other Christians simply enjoy reading it. Why criticize her for that?
The title of the billboard is [why should Jesus love me]. I think her writing verses is appropriate. That not mean she has to elaborate on its meaning.
What billboard?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#507975 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno. Ask a biologist.
It's the product of evolution. Has nothing to do with imagined beings.

Which is the opposite of what you must believe if you believe in a perfect creator. Otherwise, you're saying "my perfect creator isn't perfect."

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#507976 Mar 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Ok. Why isn't the Creation of a Perfect Creator not Perfect?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno. Why can't a clock breathe?
So...for you, a perfect timepiece should breathe? That's a measure of perfection in clocks for you?

For me, it's that they tell time.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#507977 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a fairly good article that is one take on whether masturbation is a sin.
According to this writer (well not this writer but the one that wrote the article...since we all seem to be "writer") the act in itself is not sinful but the illicit sexual fantasies that causes an individual to feel the need to masturbate.
Hmmmm
Matt 5:28-29 (NIV)[Jesus:] "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."
He follows up with...
"But what if no illicit fantasies are included in masturbation? Is the act then sinful? By scripture, there is nothing to indicate that it is. Specifically, if the act is done merely as a hedge against temptation and as the body requires then there is no need for the above sinful "crutches". This is hardly exciting, and a rote act of keeping the body in submission. It cannot be done often, as the body is not that demanding if left alone by a perverted imagination. On the other hand, if we attempt a pent-up self-sex life, then we find that the body needs help from the soul through illicit fantasies, and then sin is clearly being committed."
Interesting take on it...you can masturbate all you want as long as you have no illicit sexual fantasy as you do so.
Hahaha.

So, clearing the tubes is ok for a guy. A plumbing job.

But if masturbation is linked to sex, it's the lake of fire.

Isn't religion great?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#507978 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, good to know.
I'll uh....
....be back in a few minutes.
rofl!!!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#507979 Mar 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahahha!
I laugh at you too. You're very [lite]in science, may as well be an sociologist. And then you deny real hard scientific evidence from intellectual and scientific giants that you don't have enough credentials to shine their shoes, and you advocate for the abuse of animals to boot.
hahahaha at you too [hiding]:)
A sociologist knows so much more about science than you, there's no comparison.

I'm an evolutionary anthropologist. Quite different than a sociologist, but I'm not surprised you don't know the difference.

You haven't presented an iota of scientific evidence for me to deny. You've claimed a lot of unsupportable garbage and pretended the medical researchers you cite claim the same thing, but they don't. So you're misrepresenting their scientific claims.

And that is why we feel sorry for you.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#507980 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't think any life is more important than another.
I find it strange that you do.
I don't believe you.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#507981 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm
He follows up with...
Outside of Christian culture, you can masturbate because you want to.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#507982 Mar 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a biologist...but I know how to google! LOL
This site says this...
http://www.malariasite.com/malaria/history_pa...
Man and Malaria seem to have evolved together.
While wiki states this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_malar...
What I found interesting was that both sites date malaria at around the same time that humans were created.
I haven't read in depth so I don't know how that was determined...not any type of scientist at all...well except when I bake.
The history of malaria predates humanity, as this ancient disease evolved before humans did.
The reason I'm bothering RR with malaria is because:

1. He claims to have a perfect creator as a deity
2. But RR cannot explain why pathogens exist

My point to RR is that, if he his deity really was a perfect deity, it would have created a perfect reality. Since we do not find ourselves in one, we can only conclude that no perfect creator deity exists.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#507983 Mar 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Ha Satan (the devil) is a wile and hungry wolf, who has basically perfected his craft over centuries upon centuries of how to deceive man
You were doing so well, then kaboom, the wile and hungry wolf.

Dude, get real!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Aura Mytha 776,140
Scientific proof for God's existence 12 min God Truth 17
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 13 min Classic 1,905
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Michael 559,799
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 33 min UIDIOTRACEuMAKEWO... 5,121
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min Rick in Kansas 265,252
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 50 min KiMare 96,764
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 175,720
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr foothillbilly 441,788
More from around the web